Sponsorship

Guest josh9393

Guest josh9393

Hi. I'm managing Celtic at the moment and have just won my 12th title in a row and my first Champions League.

Unfortunately, I've lost a few of my best players for various reasons for little or no compensation - Bosman etc.

At the beginning of the next season the usual sponsorship message comes in and I see the new contract for main kit sponsorship (the only one) has been lowered to £900k.

In the news I can see that Man Utd get £30m, Bayern Munich get £48m!, even Benfica who have done nothing recently get £3m.

Is there any way to increase the sponsorship I get, or will it always be low because I'm a Scottish club? Thanks.

There is nothing you can do as a manager to increase sponsorship. As far as I know, it is based on club rep as well as league rep. How are you doing in Europe? If you do well there it will increase your club rep quite a bit and could bring in higher sponsorship deals in the future.

Guest josh9393

I've just won my first European Champions League, so hopefully if what you say is true I'll get more sponsorship in the next few years :thup:

With no disrespect, I would expect your sponsorship level to never exceed a mid-table EPL team. Regardless of your obvious continued success, you still manage in a league seen by many as a quality, second-tier league. I doubt you ever compete with the ManU's, Chelsea's and Real Madrid's of the world...

Archived