Question about match day experience and how to get the best out of FM10

ive been playin football managment games for a long time and im usually the type of player who likes to bang out a season as fast as possible which is why games like CM01 are still amongst my favourites.

However after last year i got more into the tactics and scouting players etc and found it alot more fun but i still played my matches on commentary only and at the fastest settings.

What i am wondering is with the new features such as shouts and this game apparently being more about different tactics for different circumstances (so ive been told). What is the best way to get the fullest enjoyment of the game?

i can say right now im not gonna watch one match minute for minute and i only ever watched the match highlights to view goals conceded to see where i was goin wrong. Whats the best way to watch a game that wont be to slow but il still be able to take control make changes and so on, extended highlights, just text wat ever else there is??

i obviously dont have this years game yet but im gettin it this week when my new lap top arrives im just wanting to hear opinions

thanks

I watch the individual matches on extended highlights, at about two clicks down from the fastest speed. I wouldn't say I'm over analytical on the tactics side - I like to pretend to be but inevitably I play the same formation using the same instructions with whatever team I'm using! I don't use the match shouts every game, but find watching the matches helps me pick the team for upcoming games, as the ratings don't seem to give a clear picture at all. I still get through a season pretty quick - maybe about a day and a half at worst? And my laptop is pretty average... Only normally gets 2 stars on the startup page.

wats 2 stars on teh start up page mean lol sorry i aint got the game yet

extended highlights could be ok for me how long on average would you say a game would last? i usualy like to spend alot of time scouting and tweaking tactics and then jsut flying through matches but after a recent network game with my mate in teh german 2nd division my patience has gone slightly higher

Archived