board confidence issues

Hi there, I recently started a save unemployed and took the luton job in december. At the time they were 8th in the league but because we were a way in to the season the board told me they wouldn't be judging my performance on the league or in the fa trophy. They also wanted me to get to the 2nd round of the f.a. cup. Anyway, I lost in the fourth qualifying round of the f.a. cup to cambridge, got to the final of the f.a. trophy (which I haven't played yet) and have just won the league. Despite this i keep getting messages saying my job is under threat.

So, I guess the main point of this is that I think fm needs a more responsive board confidence system, for instance, I feel that winning the league from 8th was a very good achievment but I get no credit from my board because of it and my job is under threat due to the fact that I didn't achieve my target in the f.a. cup. Obviously this would never happen in real life and I would pretty annoyed if they sacked me after I've won the league from about 12 points behind the leader.

I feel your pain.

To me the board confidence is incorrect in 2 ways:

1. if you take over a club during a season, their demands should take in to account the position that the club was in when you take over

2. The sacking thread in this forum, also throws up examples of people taking smaller clubs to higher divisions but still being sacked, when in real life I'm sure that they would be classed as a legendary manager if the club had not reached those heights before. There needs to be a longer term confidence factor built in for such achievements.

Archived