Creating A Language = Useless

Let me start off with a postive!

I didnt buy/play FM09 but i did buy FM08... i was very warry of where the game was going but have been very pleased with what i've seen so far and even happier with new exponential options in the editor and have found it very accomodating to my needs.

Now the negative..

I've created a language that i've said a country use 100% (all cities and the nation themselves use).

Problem is, all the regens have English names. I was hoping to create a mix of names from Spain, Italy, England, Honduras & Switzerland.

I can get a mix of these if i make all those countries an equal amount of the total percentage my countries language but thats not the point. I was hoping that one of the tabs for Languages would allow me to add in first, middle and last names and i could build a database of names so the regens would have some variety.

Basically the option to create a language seems completely pointless without this option.

I know that the 'language' database cant be edited manually which leaves me without any option but to remove my created language.

Has anyone found a way around this or does everyone else see this option as completely pointless too?

For all intense and purposes its like renaming English and still getting the same results.

Archived