5 years nationality

In fm07 you can edit countries so that players gain nationality after 1 year (unless they're already an EU member) and they can play for that specific country straight away if they're not already capped.

on fm10 it seems that everyone has to live in that country for 5 years before this happens even if they've got the nationality after 1 year. i've been reading around and there's this fifa rule about this so i was just wondering whether you can change this on the editor or is it one of those real-life things that you can't change like signing u-18 brazilians etc.....

any help/answers would be appreciated. i know its kind of cheating but it saves work permit problems. or at least it did on fm07 and i haven't played a new FM until 2010.

I wouldn't really know about the editor as i haven't used it yet.

I Do however know that with reagrds to the work permit problems that you can actually get a feeder club in Belgium or some other places in Europe where the rule is that if they spend 3 years in that country they will become elligble for citezenship. It obviously depedns on the size of your club i imagine as obviouslt Man u would be able to get a feeder club like this whereas the likes of Rochdale probably wouldn't.

If you have no qualms about changng things in game then you should probably get FMRTE as i think this allows you to actually change the players nationality instantly ingame. I don't actually use it so maybe somebody else who does could confirm/deny this.

Um, this is still doable. If you go in to the editor and search for the nation in question, double click the nation's name, then in the bottom left hit the "information" page and the option in the second row is "Years to gain nationality".

And yes, you can do it through FMRTE if you desperately want to, but it'll replace their old nationality which isn't ideal. What's more, adding a second nationality is possible in most cases, although not all.

thanks for the replies chaps, i'd already changed the years to gain nationality to 1 year yet players still have to live in that country for 5 years to actually play for their new country. i could use FMRTE but the way i've done it in the past, there's the element of their natural country calling them up before they gain citizenship.

Archived