Game will not save,technical error.any ideas?

hi guys i was wondering if any of you had come across this problem so far

i cant save my games.when i try to save it it just comes up with the game could not be saved.

the same happens in the editor except it comes up with a serious error rather than just 'could not be saved' message.

the last fm game i had was 2007 and i had the same problem with it.it all started when i tried to delete old games in the files rather than on the game.you know, like when you go in through my computer and programme files etc etc...but i didnt delete anything else appart from the game files.and it now happens on 2010 when i havent deleted any files on it!

also if it helps, you know where you click start,my programmes and you can scroll down and find football manager.it dosent appear in my list and im pretty sire its installed properly as the game works fine! it just wont save!

so i had this problem on 2007 and thought well 2010 is out soon so that will work fine.

unfortunately not, i have the same problem where i cant save the game.pretty much exactly the same.

i have tried:

* uninstall and re-installing

* changing the files from read-only to non read-only

im just trying to give as much info as possible.i cant understand how this problem has moved over from one fm to another!

if someone could help id be extremely greatfull

cheers

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location: ! . Man City 3 - 3 Burnley > Who needs Millions? . !

Default Re: very frustrating!

Not sure, Never heard of anything like that before.

In prefencences try ticking 'Compress Save Games' Or if its already ticked, Try unticking it. See if that makes any difference?

Barkermush is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

Barkermush

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Barkermush

Find More Posts by Barkermush

Add Barkermush to Your Contacts

Old 18-11-2009, 19:39 #3

keenowhufc

Amateur

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i tried unticking that but unfortunately it didnt work.

its a mystery to me.its probably something really simple but is incredibly frusrtating!

keenowhufc is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

keenowhufc

View Public Profile

Send a private message to keenowhufc

Find More Posts by keenowhufc

Add keenowhufc to Your Contacts

Old 18-11-2009, 19:58 #4

chob

Amateur

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

do you have anough space on your hardrive to save?

chob is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

chob

View Public Profile

Send a private message to chob

Find More Posts by chob

Add chob to Your Contacts

Old 18-11-2009, 20:02 #5

keenowhufc

Amateur

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah definatley.plenty of room left.all my computer has on it is software.i store all my music and videos on external hard-drives

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

still have this problem.anyone else have any ideas? PLEASE HELP!!

Archived