Balance between teams in fm10

I have been running the game in holiday multiple times (about 20 times) with valencia to test which are the best tactics in FM10... as a side result of these experiments I've noticed a trend in FM10... in this game big teams no longer dominate quite as much as in FM09. This is a good development in my opinion because FM09 was too slanted in favor of the big teams (Barca and Real almost always ended the first season with 90+ points), but I believe SI has exaggerated in the other direction... In one of my trial saves Racing Santander ended the half season in first place, and very often small teams like Xerez, Racing, Mallorca or Tenerife ended up in the first five... I know this can happen in reality, but I feel that it is happening a little too often in FM10. In terms of balance between big and small teams I think FM 08 was better than both FM 09 and FM10.

Tbh i would suggest waiting till the game comes out, as basing the any reflection on the demo is flawed, mainly as it is only giving you half a season and the database is small. Try it agan with the full game and see how your results compare :)

I don't think sigames is going to massively change the ME before the game is released... and I don't expect them to make big changes in response to my comment, but I believe they should test more intensively to see if the league positions of teams do in average coincide with what happens in reality... my limited tests seem to point that in this version, the difference between teams was way watered down, perhaps a little too much.

Archived