Managing in the lower leagues...

Abs_UK

Hi guys i have started off a new save as unemployed and just got my first job in the lower ranks of the Spanish leagues...

Since it’s been a while i not managed a team this far down before on FM I was hoping you guys can help me out with few pointers. (I dare not take this thread to the LLM forum)

1) First of all lets start off with players and there stats: I know what kind of stats to look for in a player when it comes to managing in the top leagues and lets say i am comfortable from league 1 and above.

So when it comes to searching for players what stats would you guys recommend me searching for.

e.g: In Defenders, Tackling between 10-12, Heading: 10-12 etc i don’t want the full list just the key ones.

2) Club Finance: well what can i say it’s a complete mess, so i need to lower the wages, been trying to offer lower contracts and not a single player will accept, also when i try mutual termination the board block it as it costs money. Since i have took over just before November i cannot arrange any friendlies to generate income so need come advice on this department.

Club finance details:

Bank Balance: £24, 141

Wage Budget: £1,878 Current Wages: £2,238 - All players / Staff on Part-time contracts.

Last months profit/loss came to -£5,459 which is not looking good. :(

So to summarise i am having a terrible but exciting experience at LLM if that makes sense and any advice is much appreciated

Abs

In my experience when have been in a similar boat is....

You can if you are able to renew the contracts at a later time. That might help sort the issue, out this may also help with the signing of players is the club proffesional or Semi-Proffessional. Might affect the deail with the signings. The more of the current team, that you wish to keep hold of renew their contracts, your club if semi-proffessional will become a proffessional club you may have a better chance to bring in some talent. When getting them on full time contracts.

Loans, might be a must, get some loanees in for the whole season, can come in very handy if you can't sign any one. Stat wise it it's pretty much horses for courses aint it. 10-12 figures I would be happy enough with TBH.

Thanks for the response.

I am in January now, still cant get the players to accept lower wages, bought in few loan signings which is brilliant as the squad is very thin.

I am confident in surviving in the league, and noticed 8 players contracts running out end of the season, and lucky for me all of them i want to get rid of.

Might start releasing most of the youth team just to get the books balanced. then i can start to slowly build the team up. I am fortunate the club balance has not gone into the red. Will see what happens end of the season.

I have become bored of managing a top flight team simply because its easy to build a team which would dominate the world...

That’s the reason behind me choosing this challenge, something that will keep my save game going for a while, especially since I am going to wait until the First patch comes out before purchasing FM10

Archived