Non-league Reserve team vs. U-19 team

I am managing Cádiz, I'm in La Liga. I have some talents that I want to improve as fast as possible... However, my Reserve team is non-league, I can't see the matches under Fixtures. I have a U-19 squad as well... They're in the U-19 league. I have two questions:

1) Is it possible for the Reserve team to get promoted into Segunda B?

2) Which team should I put my talents on for them to improve the most?

Thanks! :)

Nr 2: I'd try playing your talents in your first team or loaning them out to a club in a decent competition. I don't think reserves- or youth matches do much for experience.

Yeah, neither reserve, nor youth fixtures (even in a league) actually count towards "match experience" for a player.

Therefore the comment above is correct. If they aren't good enough to play in some (min 8 starts a season, or 20+ sub apps) senior games, you're better off loaning them to someone. BUT only load them to a team that states in the offer message that they will be a first team player, otherwise they'll sit in someone lese's squad, and won't benefit from your (assumed) better coaches and training regimes. Also, if they stay with you ther is the mentoring option, and PPMs to consider.

It;s a balance thing really - some prefer one option, some others. Personally I prefer to keep the really good ones, even if when they're 16/17 I can't play them, mentor them and PPM them, then play them at 18+. The slightly lesser players I loan out, but only to teams who will play them week in week out. I also have "can be recalled" clause in all loans, just in case they don't play them enough/ get injured.

Ghost!

Archived