Rics Championship game-A New Hope[Established Clan]

icon_cool.gif After the success of Rics Sunday clan we Branch out over the border and will be taking the Championship by storm we will be playing on Wednesday nights normally and will be on from 7pm-12 we will be looking to have 10 players involved in this game as well as it's sister game on the sunday So far we have

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>polo<LI>Tracy<LI>Mark mc<LI>Act<LI>Adam K<LI>Mark G<LI>and Myself

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

icon_cool.gif After the success of Rics Sunday clan we Branch out over the border and will be taking the Championship by storm we will be playing on Wednesday nights normally and will be on from 7pm-12 we will be looking to have 10 players involved in this game as well as it's sister game on the sunday So far we have

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>polo<LI>Tracy<LI>Mark mc<LI>Act<LI>Adam K<LI>Mark G<LI>and Myself

BREAKING NEWS - LEEDS UNITED

Wise Choice?

Leeds Uniteds move for Denis Wise has it a last minute hitch. Ken Bates has made a surprise decision to shelve plans to bring Wise to the club. Dumbarton Manager Paul Brownley has sensationally been installed as the new Manager of Leeds United. Bates said " Has soon as I new Brownley was available I jumped in and offered him the job". Brownley said " I love Leeds United and I aim to take Leeds back to the premiership and a return to European Glory". Leeds have agreed compensation with Dumbarton and Brownley is set to agree personal terms shortly.

Guest PortValeFC

I could play from 7 till 10 30.

Can I join? I can't play any games on my FM is I have an Application Error bug and I would dearly like to play in the Championship

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by richard thomson:

untitled1qv6.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no way Ric using my idea icon_biggrin.gif

wheres my fee?

icon_wink.gif

plymouthls7.gif

Plymouth's new boss Thomson signed 14 players yes that is 14 players for the new season although 13 of the signings cost a grand total of 300k and brought the average age up of the squad

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Tsiartas Vasillis - free

<LI>Mackay Malky-Watford-28k

<LI>Guadiola Josep-Free transfer

<LI>Daei Ali-Sba Battery-Free

<LI>Goodwillie David-Dundee unt-50K

<LI>Antonio Carlos-Juventude-6K

<LI>Wright Alan-Sheff Utd-16k

<LI>Naybet Nourredine-Free

<LI>Sanneh Tony-Chicargo-24k

<LI>Sheringham Teddy- West Ham-110K

<LI>Waterreus Ronald-Free

<LI>Lallana Adam-Southampton-35k

<LI>Sandy Marco- Bolovar-24k

<LI>Montgomery Nick-Sheff Utd-1.4M

The last signing being the one that the transfer budget was spent on

leedsxe2.gif

The opening match of the season at Elland Road was against Tracys Norwich. Norwich dominated the match but had only a 1-0 lead going into injury time. David Healy had Leeds First and only chance in the 91st Minute, but the keeper saved in a one on one situation. Leeds were defeated and had been outplayed and Gary Kelly recieved a red card late on.

The 2nd match was a trip to Luton Town. Seb Carole opened the scoring and Leeds led 1-0 at the break. However Carole got himself sent off mid way through the 2nd half and Luton equalised. Leeds held on for a fortunate 1-1 draw.

The next game was at home V Preston. In a close match Prestoin scored the early goal and Leeds struggled to break Preston Down after that. Westlake had a couple of late efforts but Leeds lost at home for the 2nd time.

Leeds have made a poor start and need to improve. At the moment they dont look like breaking teams down and lack a cutting edge.

icon_confused.gif

wolves2an5.gif

Bott warns fans not to expect too much!

With Wolves riding high in the Championship boss Nick Bott warned Wolves fans not too expect too much from the team this season, with Wolves premiership parachute payments gone and a transfer budget of only 100K the Wolves boss opened his heart to the fans and asked for patience.

Wolves have so far brought 3 players in so far this season.

David Wheater - DC - Loan - Signed from Boro as cover for the only 2 fit centrebacks in the team.

Hameur Bouazza - AML/FC - Loan - Signed on loan from Watford for the season as cover.

Emra Tahirovic - ST - 70K - Striker with a lot of promise, signed with the hope of replacing Cort and pushing for a starting line up, scored on his debut.

wolves2an5.gif

After being touted in the media as promotion favourites it was always going to be tough for Wolves with a transfer budget of 100K and not a lot of quality in the squad, so with 6 games played Wolves are very happy to be sitting 5th and and knowing that they are holding there own.

Games so far...

Wolves v Hull City (H) 0-0 Draw

Barnsley v Wolves (A) 3-0 Win Johnson 2, Guilherme

Wolves v Colchester City (H) 2-1 Win Bothroyd, M Davies

Southampton v Wolves (A) 2-1 Win M Davies, Bothroyd

League Cup

Swindon v Wolves (A) 1-0 Win Tahirovic

Coventry City v Wolves (A) 3-2 Loss M Davies, Tahirovic

leedsxe2.gif

Leeds returned to winning ways after a David Healy strike sunk Cardiff in their own backyard. It was a real confidence boost for Leeds and they entered the next match V Macclesfield in the cup on a high. Richard Cresswell bagged a brace in a 3-2 win at Elland Road. Leeds returned to Elland Road for the next game V QPR and after going behind in the first half a second half equaliser from Nichols and a late headed winner from sub Geoff Horsfield gave Leeds another victory to send them into mid table.

A game against bottom club Southend in next up and Brownley is hoping for another 3 points.

icon_wink.gif

plymouthls7.gifPlymouth on the marchPlymouth climbed up the table with wins at Cardiff2-1 H QPR away 2-0 a league cup victory over Torquay 3-2 before Southend were put to the sword3-0 the first competitive defeat was gained by Hull after a shocking Refereee left Argyle with 10 men for 70 mins while the butchers of Hull kicked Argyle of the park with Star player Djordjic carried from the park on the 49th minuete with a ankle injury that could keep him out for up to a month

wolves2an5.gif

Wolves boss Bott spends remaining transfer budget on South African legend

Wolves clinched the signing of Benedict Vilakazi, the legendary south african attacking midfielder.

Bott was immensely happy to unveil him as only his second signing of the season, Vilakazi is an attacking midfielder who will hopefully add a new attacking edge to the Wolves midfield.

wolves2an5.gif

After the 3-2 loss to rivals Coventry City a number of tough games were coming up for Wolves including hosting fellow new manager Mark Griffiths Crystal Palace, local rivals and Promotion favourites Birmingham Ciy at St Andrews, a home clash to Burnley and an away scrap at Sunderland. 5 points from those 4 games was the target.

(H) Wolves v Palace 1-0 Win Johnson

After seeing Palace have most of the posession in the first half Wolves played a counter attacking 4-4-2 and had numerous chances but saw Palaces stand in keeper play outstandingly, second half was a tight affair and both Wolves and Palace could have won the game with both teams seeing some great goal scoring opportunities saved by the respective keepers, however Jemal Johnson managed to capatalise on a mistake in the 79th minute and put Wolves 1-0 up. Despite lots of pressure from Palace after the goal Wolves managed to hold on for a 1-0 win.

(A) Birmingham v Wolves 2-0 Loss

This was always going to be a tough game and the Wolves supporters will no doubt be very dissapointed by their teams performance. A lacklustre display saw Wolves carve out 8 clear chances and yet the Birmingham keeper did not have to make a single save. McSheffrey was in superb form for Birmingham with two typical poachers goals.

(H) Wolves v Burnley 5-0 Win M Davies, McNamara, Johnson, Tahirovic 2

After the drubbing at Birmingham the game before a few players were left unhappy at the way Nick Bott had expressed his unhappiness in the dressing room however they obviously felt they had a point to prove in the Burnley game.

The ever present 18 year old Mark Davies got to partner Seyi Olofinjana for the first time this season and they totally bossed the midfield. Denes Rosa was also called back to the squad to replace Ricketts after his dissapointing game against Birmingham. (Take note please Mick!!)

Mark Davies opened the scoring by bagging his 4th goal of the season in the 10th minute setting the tone of the game, McNamara grabbed the second by capatalising on a mistake by the Burnley defence and scored a cracking goal from 25 yards. 2-0 up at half time and totally dominating.

Second Half was no different with the Burnley keeper pulling off two fantastic saves to keep the score at 2-0 until Johnson beat the offside trap after a fine through ball from Rosa and slotted home to make it 3-0. At this point Wolves brought on young Tahirovic to replace Johnson, Tahirovic showed just what potential he has by scoring two goals in the 20 mins he was on the pitch after Denes Rosa had done fine work down the left to set him up for both.

Denes Rosa took the MoM award after a breathtaking performance that saw him bag 3 assists and unlucky not to get on the score sheet.

(A) Sunderland v Wolves 1-0 Win Ricketts

A very defensive Wolves saw Sunderland create more chances than the visitors but more can sometimes be less!!

With Wolves having a slight injury crisis on the right side of midfield with the outstanding Finkler and the hard working Henry both injured Wolves recalled left midfielder RIcketts and asked him to play in the slightly less familiar role of right midfield.

Ricketts repaid the faith shown in him bys coring a punching low drive from the edge of the area to put Wolves 1-0 up after 10 minutes. After some industrious hard work in the centre of the park Wolves were looking good and won a penalty just before half time, with a great opportunity to put the game beyond any doubt Ricketts stepped up and... fluffed it. Second half was very dull and a normally aggressive Sunderland were quite dull which allowed Wolves to leave the stadium of light with all 3 points.

Wolves currently sitting top of the Championship, but with such a small squad it is a long way still to go.

Sorry guys but with regret I have to leave the clan.

I just dont have the time right now with work and other family issues so it's unfortunately my clan time which has to go.

To be honest I've kinda lost heart with the game, not the clan, the game.

I'll miss all you guys and the banter but might be able to catch you on msn sometime.

Sorry for messing you around and I wish the clan all the best.

Archived