Quick online question

Ive just set up the game, ticked the server option etc, gave him my IP address, but it just says unable to connect when he tries to connect, what can I do?

I know the Online forum is there, but its dead and it seems to be just about FM 08.

If anybody knows a bit about online games please PM Me!

Hi. I play a network game with my brother over the internet, so I have a little bit of expereince.

Unfortunately, only ticking the box "run as server" will not be enough to play over the internet. If you were both on the same physical Local Area Network, then it would be. As you're not, what you have to do is create a direct tunnel over the internet between your two pc's, which make it seem as though you are on the same physical LAN, when in fact you're actually connected to each other over the internt. I use a program called Hamachi (just Google it), which is very good. You have to download it on both PC's and set up your own private network. Give your mate the details and he can log in to your network using Hamachi. Then he should be able to see your game as a joinable network game on FM.

Thanks for the reply, we have both just downloaded and installed Hamachi - I am having a bit of trouble with it, Ive been following the Himachi guide, but when it told me to join the test server it said it was full and the guide stops there. What do i do?

Archived