Training module

I haven't played 2009, but from looking at screenshots and from experience of previous games, I have to admit I can't stand the current training module. It's so basic and wishy-washy, the player doesn't really have control of what the players actually do.

The system I like was from the CM4 game (i think), where you could actually manage the activities each player or the team as a whole would take part in. It was much more focusse and allowed you to actually target specific areas for player development. Since this new system came in, I've found it boring and not really effective. I remember I used to develop some excellent routines which would really get the best out of my team, and would be amazing for young players.

If there was one thing I'd like in future versions, it would be for this system to be reintroduced. Now, I understand some people couldn't get to grips with it, which surprises me, but as with all aspects of the game you develop your understanding and skills through trial and error.

Archived