Ideas for Away Matches

Leave here ideas to fix the annoying away matches.

Football is, afterall, football. The difference between Home and Away games is less than what FM makes of it. FM makes it look like there's an huge difference between those. But that difference is actually more psychological than anything else, so away games should only really have an effect on a teams performance based on the following:

-Each players ability to not fall into such psychological pressure. If there ain't an attribute for that, it would be nice to add one. Basically the higher value on handling pressure a player has, the less influence past losses on away fields will have on his future away performances.(Besides the fact of being a loss... just like any other)

-And that's the second point. Away matches affect the morale of the players only if they are getting bad results at away fields. Therefore the more you loose, the lower morale your players will have next time they play Away.

-Take each different opponent into consideration to allow confidence boosts(or the contrary). For instance, a team that never lost against Spanish teams at Home in the European Competitions(or if it has been a long time since last time) will have a considerable morale boost in those players who are easily affected by this information. Yet those players who i pointed in the example 2 points above who don't "feel" things in that way, wouldn't get that much of a confidence boost. These kind of players have a more cold approach and see statistic as pure numbers and don't fall into such spiritual issues... I believe this would be a good attribute to add. Those who are cold and those who are more easily affected by outside factors like loosing away and dropping morale for next away match, or loosing at home and droping morale for next home game. Or dropping morale playing away against a particular team, where his team lost in all the previous 3 seasons.

-Make it so that the field only affects the away team depending on the difference between it and their home field. But don't make it harder to beat weaker teams on their narrow fields than stronger teams with identical field dimensions to our own lol :).

-Give boosts depending on number of adepts for each side and the current relation of them with the coach and team. The more the fans like you and your players, the more they are likely to sing their names, making your team play better. So, like in real life, the better you play, the better the reaction of the public in the stadium.

-Add team momentums into the game. I feel this might be dangerous soil. But in real life, during a match, teams often go through good and bad momentums. This could be made into the game. Momentums are lost by periods of stopped time and usually work better when both teams are playing quick. If one of the teams is slowing the game down, it's harder to gain momentums. So if a team is on a good momentum, that would force the opposite team to slow the game down in order for them to loose it. You would know when a team was in a good momentum because a message would appear(and clear right in your eyes, not hidden in the assistant feedback). Again, a mental attribute would work here. Some players get higher variables when performing momentums or against other team momentums, while others remain colder on both circumstances. You would like a striker to be highly affect by this, since you wouldn't need him to defend that much when the opponent was on a momentum, yet you would want your defenders to have a colder approach. This would mean that when the team was on a momentum, they wouldn't be very positively affect by it, but at the same time, when the opponent was on it, they would handle the situation much better.

____

These are just some ideas... go along and add your opinions if you think the difference between Home and Away games is more evident in the game and works in a completely different way from reality.

I find away games a lot easier than home games!

I have won nearly all my away games with watford with an extreemly cagey/counter attacking and slow paced/passing football with lots and lots of time wasting.

I think a few things you posted are already in the game, like pressure.

I also think FM puts too much emphasis on pitch dimensions when it comes to football. I mean it has a small influence (ie like WC94), a bit like artificial turf, but at the end of the day narrow pitches or whatnot doesnt make "wingers inefectual" as FM tend to suggest in their game.

Archived