Why is this game so HARD??

I choose a team like Canvey Island and try and win anything, i manage to win about 4 matches in a row and then i just get absolutely swamped for the rest of the season, every time i climb to about 3 - 4th in the table, i lose the next 3 or 4 matches!

Training the players never works properly, they always get injured no matter how hard i train them, if i train them light they let goals in, if i train them hard they get injured in training.

Every player i buy always gets injured the very next match and is out for 4 - 5 months, the game just seems very unfair, either that or i need a guide or something to point out where im going wrong, my tactics are normally:

Mentality - ATTACKING

Passing - SHORT

Pressing - YES

and the rest NORMAL with my best shooters as free kick takers, and my best crossers as corner takers, however i still get stamped into the ground.

Can anyone point me in the direction of how to get good at this game?

I choose a team like Canvey Island and try and win anything, i manage to win about 4 matches in a row and then i just get absolutely swamped for the rest of the season, every time i climb to about 3 - 4th in the table, i lose the next 3 or 4 matches!

Training the players never works properly, they always get injured no matter how hard i train them, if i train them light they let goals in, if i train them hard they get injured in training.

Every player i buy always gets injured the very next match and is out for 4 - 5 months, the game just seems very unfair, either that or i need a guide or something to point out where im going wrong, my tactics are normally:

Mentality - ATTACKING

Passing - SHORT

Pressing - YES

and the rest NORMAL with my best shooters as free kick takers, and my best crossers as corner takers, however i still get stamped into the ground.

Can anyone point me in the direction of how to get good at this game?

You should be playing normal instead of attacking for a start, Have a look at either my winning tactic thread or at JackEdwards one at the top of the board, they are similar but both work just as good, basically play 3-5-2 normal, short passing with pressing set to yes. Just tweak the system to suit what you have and it will work well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jambo_Dave:

You should be playing normal instead of attacking for a start, Have a look at either my winning tactic thread or at JackEdwards one at the top of the board, they are similar but both work just as good, basically play 3-5-2 normal, short passing with pressing set to yes. Just tweak the system to suit what you have and it will work well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried this system and it sucked, i let in more goals than i did with my 4-4-2 attacking method!

I got beat 5 - 0 in one match!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gooner_1984:

Right i'm on the verge of trading the game in!! I'm Arsenal and first game of the season I play Everton after 90mins i've had 0 shots on goal and Everton have 5 with 2 shots on target!! Don't think i've EVER scored more than 3 goals in a game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I found out a lot of it is to do with training, you have to train your players correctly or they make silly decisions.

Try and train to each persons strength, if hes fast, and good shooting, train him for attacking, if hes good at tackling but slow, train him for motivation and defense...

Archived