Scouting abroad

There should be a way to ask the board to expand the club's scouting range, as the club and the manager's reputation builds up in the international scene.

For example, I'm playing Internacional in Brazil, I've won several World Club Cups and the board still lets me scout only South America and some nonsense countries (S. Korea? Cameroon? Portuguese-speaking countries such as Mozambique are understandable, but South Korea???). But I can't send scouts to Europe, for example.

As true as it is unlikely that South American clubs aren't going to sign any good native European players ever for the many reasons everyone knows, there are still lots of South American players playing in Europe, and plenty may sometimes get homesick, bored, too old to be signed by big clubs and willing to get back to their home countries and so on. Just to name a few, IRL Internacional signed D'Alessandro, Gremio signed Maxi Lopez, Fluminense signed Fred.

Therefore, I think we should be allowed - if the club's reputation is compatible and their finances are fine - to send scouts on European journeys, so at least we could monitor possible South American players who are willing to get back.

Cheers,

Fowler

Archived