FM 2009: Official Red Star Belgrade Thread: živio delije

Management

200px-

Red Star Belgrade (Fudbalski klub Crvena zvezda Beograd) is a football club from Belgrade, Serbia. The club is sometimes known worldwide by translations of its Serbian name, FK Crvena zvezda. Red Star Belgrade are the only Serbian club to have become European and World Champions having won the 1991 European Cup and 1991 Intercontinental Cup. They are also the only Serbian club ever to win an international title.

History

Red Star was formed on 4 March 1945. In the beginning it was a Youth Physical Culture Society with seven sports sections - athletics, rowing, basketball, volleyball, football, chess and swimming. On that day the very first football match was played. Red Star played against a team of the First Battalion of the Second Brigade of KNOJ. Red Star won 3:2 (2:0). Two goals were scored by Tomašević and one by Pečenčić. Seven days later Red Star played a Team of British Army Mission representatives and won 12:0 (5:0). During 1945 Red Star football club played no less than 36 matches. They won 30, drew 5, and lost only one match (against Romania in Timişoara on 23 September 1945 - 1:2 (0:2)).

Popularity

According to recent polls, Red Star is the most popular football club in Serbia, with nearly 50% of the population supporting the club.

Red Star's main rivals are fellow Belgrade club, FK Partizan. Matches between the two are known as the "Eternal Derby". The record attendance for a Red Star-Partizan match is around 108,000, the lowest 8,000 for a Yugoslav Cup semi-final in 2005. In league matches, the derby has been played 133 times; Red Star winning on 57 occasions and Partizan 34 times. In cup games, Red Star have won 17 of the 31 fixtures, Partizan 10.

Honours

Along with having won 25 National Titles, 22 National Cups Red Star is also the most successful team from Serbia (and Yugoslavia);

it competed in Europe 46 times, once becoming European Champions (90/91).

Other notable results include UEFA cup final (78/79), two European Champions Cup semifinals (56/57, 70/71),

one Cup Winners’ Cup semifinal (74/75), and one UEFA cup semifinal (61/62).

This thread can probably be used for any Serbian Super League Club, but I'll primarily be using Red Star

With a huge squad list I won't be naming them all but these are the ones to keep an eye on:

Nenad Milijas - MLC - 25 - Consistent player, Captaincy Able

Igor Buranovic - AMC - 22 - He is one to hold onto as there is interest in him

Sasa Stamekovic - GK - 23 - plays above his CA i believe

Edgar - ST - 21 - On loan from Porto, can score goals well.

TRANSFERS

OUT

I released 8 players who i didn't think will develop into players i could use or sell

(Nikola Ulemek, Aleksander Milanovic, Marko Mitrusic, Nemanja Miletic

Djordje Todorovic, Goran Causic, Goran Centik, Jovan Brdar)

Boban Bajkovic - GK - Dinamo Bucarest $240,000

IN

No players transfer in as of yet. I still have 2 weeks until the end of the first transfer window so things might change

CURRENT SQUAD

10mvvvl.jpg

Archived