Help me Love Again!

I'm a long time player of the FM series who is slowly falling out of love with the game. For the best two games, I've struggled to persist with a save longer than 2-3 seasons max. I'm a Spurs fan and always start with them, usually playing dozens of games with my favourite club throughout the year between releases, re-starting following a new patch, or just because I want to try a different approach/tactics/style. But away from Spurs I struggle to commit to a game and find myself bored after a few matches and switching off again. I predominantly stick to the UK but ventured out to Portugal and enjoyed a game there, trying to replicate AVB's rise to fame, before becoming tired of it.

Have any of you struggled with the same thing? Any advice or recommendations on games/strategys to try would be much appreciated. I'm open to managing pretty much anywhere, including the lower leagues, but would prefer to have a basic knowledge of the country/players involved.

It's a classic, but go to a BSN/BSS team and try to work your way to the Prem. Getting to League Two isn't too difficult, from then on you earn your money!

It's enjoyable to start from scratch entirely and basically write a clubs history like never before, rather than taking over already well established clubs and what-not. Worth a go? I picked Guiseley in the BSN, they seem a decent fit.

Start in 3rd. level with a (solvent) team from either Germany, or France. Their leagues are reasonably uncomplicated (from a player restriction point of view) and load the top three leagues from Eng. Fra. Ger. Spa. & Italy; start as a pro-footballer rep. Take any new job when offered provided they're not "insecure" (just don't like managing a club with absolutely no cash).

Enjoy the new save!

Try ......... http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge

I try this challenge 2 or 3 times a year. Make sure you post regular updates because that helps give you the enthusiam to stay with the challenge. Don't always believe some of the guys who post about amasing sucess in this challenge ,,, They maybe using editors ect =) .... Do it the old fashioned way and it should take at leasst 10 seasons to get to the premiership.

Or try this, a game I play constantly and never tire of ....... http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276730-FM2012-FMUpdates-England-Levels-7-amp-8-Southern-Isthmian-amp-Northern-Leagues-*Out-Now*

Download the file and follow the instructiions. Choose the file that does not include the county cups because they will become a real pain later in your save.

Choose a team from the regional divisions, lowest lvl, maybe one that is local to you,. Make sure you set your experience lvl at ex-semi pro footballer. Get your team promoted up the lvl's and either stick with them or take up any job offers that come your way as your rep increases...... I garentee you'll have fun, and you can play it over and over because in the beggining, there are tuns of regens created for the lower leagues so you always get a different game.

It's a tottaly diferent beast managing at that lvl.... You'll struggle to sign a rubbish scout, let alone a half decent player =)

Or go to the lower league managers forum, http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/19-Lower-League-Managers .... Be very careful what you post, those guys are mad for the rules.... Check out the stickies first. Take on a lower league management job and again post regular updates (In line with the forum rules), this helps keep the enthusiasm up =)

Couple more things...... Never use third party programmes or editors, they make the game far too easy and thats boring. Also, try not to use the '48 month payment option' for transfers, again that makes the game too easy and unrealistic.

Whatever you decide, good luck.

Archived