Mike Magnum's Restructured MLS/North America

mikemagnum4311

RESTRUCTURED MLS 1.05

***FINAL UPDATE for FM11***

This file features league play down to level 6 for the United States, Canada, and 22 different Caribbean nations!

Level 1: Major League Soccer

MajorLeagueSoccerInformation_LeagueTable.png

-20 Teams: New York Cosmos, Montreal Impact, Vancouver Whitecaps, Portland Timbers added to the existing 16.

-All Teams have real up to date stadiums and future relocations set, Portland Timbers just renamed their stadium yesterday, it's on here!

-All Rosters for MLS teams are up to date including all recent loans, signees, trades, etc as of March 15th (the only thing missing is the handful of Homegrown signings)

-Derby Rivarlies have been turned into one off cup games i.e. Brimstone cup(FC Dallas v. Chicago), Trillium Cup(Columbus v. Toronto), etc. The Cascadia Cup will be a seperate league play between Vancouver, Seattle, and Portland.

-All awards work and have been updated to show 2010s award winners.

-Scouting Available.

-Finances in place to overcome the 'other' expense, and to allow the MLS to grow financially, and stay at a reasonable spot (lots of testing here)

-No Drafts, No Salary Cap

-30 player team max, 10 player foreign Max

-League played in split style(all leagues have this format), every team plays once, league splits in two, each half plays each other once, Top 6 teams in top half enter the 2-legged play-offs with top 2 getting a bye.

-League starts in Jan. 27. 2011

-All teams that have qualified for Current and future CONCACAF Champions League are entered, as well as the 2011 SuperLiga. (Unfortunately for Real Salt Lake fans, starting your game with your team still in the CCL is a bit of a trial & error because you have to rely on the computer simming your team on through the group stage, a couple of reloads at most to get you set-up for the Quarter Finals)

-I should say this, full Promotion & Relegation is here, but I designed it to probably how it would be set-up in real life, if they were ever to do it, and that is by making it very hard to take a MLS spot away. The bottom team here will enter a 2 legged play-off with the top 3 of the NASL.

Level 2: North American Soccer League (NASL)

- From here on down there are teams from the real level 2, real level 3, teams that were just NPSL teams(developmental teams), defunct teams(Miami Fusion, Tampa Bay Mutiny, Edmonton Aviators, etc. etc.), teams that have moved and changed names, and brand new teams altogether.

Level 3: USL-PRO

Level 4: USL-PRO West, USL PRO East

-first split in the pyramid, 20 teams each league divided up into the east & west sides of North America.

Level 5: Gold Coast Premier(West Coast), All-American Premier(Central), Colonial Premier(East Coast), USL-Caribbean Premier(Caribbean)

Level 6: Gold Coast Division-2(West Coast), All-American Division-2(Central), Colonial Division-2(East Coast), USL-Caribbean Division-2(Caribbean)

and a little bonus....

Level 7: USL-Caribbean Division-3

Cup Structures:

US Open Cup: all US teams entered, winner qualifies for Champions League

Canada Open Cup: All Canada teams

Caribbean Club Championship: All Caribbean teams

NASL League Cup

USL League Cup: USL-PRO, and East/West

Gold Coast, Colonial, All-American have league Cups as well

The North American Championship Cup

-Winners from US open Cup, Canada Open Cup, Caribbean Club C'ship, and the Winner of the Mexican First Division(Closing stage I believe)

- 4 teams in a 2-legged play-off for a nice sum of money. You want to win this cup!

Random Notes:

Caribbean Teams Included:

Jamaica: Reggae Boyz(newly created USL-PRO team), top Club teams from jamaica like Harbour View, Portmore, etc.

Puerto Rico: All Puerto Rico Soccer League Teams...mostly

Trinidad & Tobago: Joe Public, and some other top teams

Haiti: Racing Club, and some others

Forget listing all these out! There's a lot! heres the rest of the countries with 1 or more representatives

Cayman Islands

Aruba

Barbados

Antigua & Barbuda

Anguilla

Bermuda

Bahamas

St. Kitts & Nevis

St. Vincent & the Grenadines

St. Lucia

Netherlands Antilles

Turks & Caicos Islands

Brittish Virgin Islands

US Virgin Islands

Martinique

Guadeloupe

Dominica

Dominican Republic

New York Cosmos: The new beast of the US

-When this team comes to MLS, it will be big, I guarantee it, but for now they are here in this game to wreck havoc

-Managed by Eric Cantona, Assisted by Cobi Jones

-Real Board of Directors in place

-Nicolas Anelka, Ryan Giggs, and John Arne Riise will be their starting peices of dominance, with Zlatan Ibrahimovic coming in 2012.

-Rest of the roster filled with mostly D-2 US free Agents.

Teams

-All teams have kits, stadiums

-Lower level rivalries have been set

-Generation Addidas, and a few other lower level teams have been set-up as academy teams with just youths. They will never make it past USL second division with their squad of 18 year olds, so don't worry

FAQS:

How do I get the logos for MLS and USL-PRO to appear, using the Metalic Logo Pack?

After you downloaded the pack, and placed into the right graphics folder(or wherever you put the files) you'll want to open the config file(located in the file, with the pictures you'll want to change. You can open the config file with a simple notepad. In the config file change the numbers of the old MLS unique Id of "40" to "100000024". do the same changing every '42' to '100000026'(this is the USL-PRO). Do this with each kind of logo i.e. normal/small/etc. Then rename the files '40' to '100000024', and '42' to '100000026'. reload skin and your done...hopefully

Screens?

USL-CaribbeanDivision-3Information_LeagueTable.png

MajorLeagueSoccerAwards_AwardWinners.png

ColumbusCrewvMontrealImpactTVView.png

Directions on how to set-up:

1. Load .xml file into game

2. You must select Mexico as well when choosing countries, be sure to select US down to "Amatuer Division". Feel free to click on some of the top europe divisions as well, maybe even a brazil league if your comp can handle it.

3. Select Start date as : US January 2011

4. All Boxes ticked except 'allow first window transfers'. MLS teams are full, no need for roster shuffling a month a half before season, you can still sign free transfers.

5. click start and enjoy!

6. DO NOT LOAD ANY OTHER CUSTOM DATABASES WITH THIS FILE!!! THEY WILL MOST LIKELY CLASH, AND CAUSE CRASH DUMPS. THERE ARE WAAAAY TOO MANY NEW UNIQUE IDS IN THIS FILE TO ADD ANOTHER FILE WITH THE SAME IDS USED. I WILL NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS REGARDING HOW TO GET OTHER FILES TO WORK, AS I DO NOT CARE TO LOOK OVER DUPLICATED UNIQUE IDS FOR HOURS ON END!. thank you. lol

helpful links:

Logos of teams, Comps, etc.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/165930-FM10-FM11-Metallic-Logo-Megapack

most teams are included. To get MLS and USL-PRO logos, simply change all unique id numbers in .xml file to the new ones. (if you need help, i will show you how)

Player Pictures

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/127827-Football-Manager-Cut-Out-Megapack

unfortunately the blow hards who created that file, feel obligated to get paid for there hobby, so feel free to bypass the payment and just wait hours on end to download the entire file. It is nice work, and worth the wait.

Adboards:

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/48032-the-fm11-adboard-patch/page__st__520__gopid__1324359entry1324359

Alright, there you go! Enjoy the file, any questions feel free to ask, and enjoy the beginning of what should be an exciting MLS season tonight as well!

***FINAL UPDATE FOR FM11***

VERSION 1.05

Changes:

-US Open cup has been altered to feature byes for bigger clubs, to lessen the amount of matches played for top teams.

-Serbia and Croatia are no longer listed as non-foreign, no more MLS teams plucking serbs, and croats. Lower level Canada teams with Serbians, Croatians regens have been fixed to have dual citizenship *thanks toronto*

-MORE MORE MORE rivalry cups added...Jamaican teams have a cup, puerto rico has one, a lot of the NASL teams get to jump in a few. Money has been added to these cups to give you "some" incentive to play them, and most of them have different sub rules set as "6 of 9". I've found these changes should keep you interested, the money is a plus, and with the sub rules, your not stretching your team too thin.

-speaking of stretching your team to thin, there is no more max squad size anymore! Still have foreign limits, but gone is the problem of not having a squad number to give to someone for a random cup game.

-I've played 1.04 up till 2029 and trust me, these rule changes are heaven sent! The squad number one alone was very annoying. I stopped caring completly about rivarly cups. I hated seeing top serbs/croats playing for the Cosmos! The added cups should make things very interesting if you plan on starting a new save while you wait for fm12. Lots of Mexico-US club cups going on

-Start up file with the same instructions as above

here is the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ha10djpg3abptjc

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's far more in depth than what I made. I don't know about some of the creative license you took in terms of individual team 'stories,' and I don't think the US needs to conform THAT much, but I'm impressed with your work! I'm partial to mine but it was just a couple hours' project-nothing like this! I've got some plans for my next save or two as is. Maybe after that I'll come back here, sounds intriguing.

Thanks for the appreciation guys. The creative liberties I took should probably be explained for you non-northamerican soccer fans. What I created was merely to fill the gaps to fit the new system. The MLS's 20 teams is made up of all future MLS teams, the Cosmos is the rumored NY franchise that will most likely join a couple years from now(considering the financial backing they have). The second division and third division is a mash up of real/future franchises. For instance, FC San Antonio are joing one of the real second divisions with a new park on the way, Phoenix, Arizona is rumored to have a franchise of some sort on the way, as well as Detroit(Michigan Bucks). As far as A.C. St. Louis and Orlando City SC are concerned, St. Louis IS broke, Owner Jeff Cooper failed miserably trying to bring soccer to st. louis, in reality they just dumped all player contracts and they are a team with an unknown future and no league to play in, Orlando City did move from Austin overnight. Baltimore united...or whatever I ended up naming them is currently known as Crystal Palace Baltimore. As of right now CPB is not playing in any league, and are trying to "Re-brand" themselves minus the CP lol. So, the only real liberites I took was creating the structure/cups and adding a few existing developmental teams, and turning them into professional franchises to fill the gaps(third division/independent leagues).

Great job! I just started a game with Montreal and noticed that I can't hire any scouts. Is that normal? Also, my team isn't giving me any real budget to hire coaches (Max 25-35k) even though I am well under the total team budget.

This is really weird. Thought this was another canada problem, but even teams in the MLS that have scouts are not there when game starts. No scouting at all is allowed at the mls level. However, all teams that have been relegated then promoted later, were able to gain scouting while at division 2 and keep it when back in the MLS. Maybe it's something hard-coded with MLS, so I may have to recreate the top division...ugh...And the Givova Cup may have to be deleted, as I have seen it disappear inexplicably(name wise). In testing, the game was duplicating this super cups name onto different competitions, until it had a different Unique ID #. Still some bugs, in the fm editor, thats for sure.

This is really weird. Thought this was another canada problem, but even teams in the MLS that have scouts are not there when game starts. No scouting at all is allowed at the mls level. However, all teams that have been relegated then promoted later, were able to gain scouting while at division 2 and keep it when back in the MLS. Maybe it's something hard-coded with MLS, so I may have to recreate the top division...ugh...And the Givova Cup may have to be deleted, as I have seen it disappear inexplicably(name wise). In testing, the game was duplicating this super cups name onto different competitions, until it had a different Unique ID #. Still some bugs, in the fm editor, thats for sure.

IIRC, there is some kind of SI hardcoding of MLS that doesn't allow scouting.

I will probably give it an update this weekend. I'll try to fix the MLS scouting problem by duplicating the league, update some of the rosters, and probably add a few things as well.

That's great news because the DB is really amazing, and being a Montreal fan, it's great to give my team a taste of MLS.

Anybody got any updates on who thier playing with, where they are at? I'm currently with the St. Louis Lions of the All-American Conf. Just missed out on entering in the 2nd group phase of the memorial cup by facing a bigger Canadian Soccer League team, then got booted in round 1 of the Independent cup because I got drawed against the Serbian White Eagles(biggest indy team most likely). Currently sitting tied for 1st in league play, and since there are only 15 games in league, everyone of them is do or die! My hope is to see if i can eventually get a bigger job out of the indy leagues, thats the challenge anyway. Can't imagine anyone making it out of the indy's with a job from the tiny 6 team northeastern alliance!

Anybody got any fixes that to be addressed, details that need to be worked on? Still on schedule to release 1.01 over the weekend....

curious...as anyone seen the "Givova cup" name disappear on the menu, after you reload a save? Or is it just me?

Great work Mike, however, have you encountered any problems with squads not registering players and then having to rely on their under 18s?

That was a definte headache early on in the testing process. The problem I was having had to do with me putting a limit on how many foreign players were in squads/match squads...this for some reason made stuff out of wack and prevented the cpu from not registering players. I found out the only non glitchy way to keep the cpu honest was to set a minimum number of home growns. Right now, the cpu has no problem at all smashing Angel, Beckham, Donovan, Hejduk, etc, etc, into one lineup card(galaxy is stacked here). Glad you guys are enjoying this.

That was a definte headache early on in the testing process. The problem I was having had to do with me putting a limit on how many foreign players were in squads/match squads...this for some reason made stuff out of wack and prevented the cpu from not registering players. I found out the only non glitchy way to keep the cpu honest was to set a minimum number of home growns. Right now, the cpu has no problem at all smashing Angel, Beckham, Donovan, Hejduk, etc, etc, into one lineup card(galaxy is stacked here). Glad you guys are enjoying this.

Would it cause a problem in your database if the user, in order to mimic real-life MLS international player limits (8), changed the minimum number of home grown players to 22 via the editor? This would be a more accurate representation of American soccer instead of fielding American teams full of foreign mercenaries!

Would it cause a problem in your database if the user, in order to mimic real-life MLS international player limits (8), changed the minimum number of home grown players to 22 via the editor? This would be a more accurate representation of American soccer instead of fielding American teams full of foreign mercenaries!

That's an interesting idea, I'll be sure to give this a try. As I recall, I tested all that stuff with the databases original MLS...the one hardcoded with weirdness, and just gave up trying to keep the squads as american as I'd hoped. I wonder with this duplicate league, and unique ID if this will work that way. I agree with your accessment on the mercenaries, you should see this database after a 40 year vacation lol

How do I install this?

Download the .xml file, then put the file in your editor data folder(under documents, sportsinteractive, football manager 2011, then editor data). Start game, check box on database changes...or something like that, then check mark the file. Hope this helps. Sure there are some tuturials on what to do somewhere on this website for ya, if that doesn't work.

The squad registrations seem much better into the second season, however I'm having problems trying to sign non-playing staff with Maryland. Although the finances are superb the wage budget is decent I can't offer more than £210p/w and there's literraly hundreds of decent staff that are unemployed because other clubs can't afford to hire them.

The squad registrations seem much better into the second season, however I'm having problems trying to sign non-playing staff with Maryland. Although the finances are superb the wage budget is decent I can't offer more than £210p/w and there's literraly hundreds of decent staff that are unemployed because other clubs can't afford to hire them.

I have noticed this problem before in other saves, but only in the first season, what I've seen after the first season is that the board usually reaccesses the finances and things tend to open up wage budget wise. That first year though, its' hard to sign any coach thats worth anything! Are you in the second season and still have a bunch of coaches that are unsignable?

I have noticed this problem before in other saves, but only in the first season, what I've seen after the first season is that the board usually reaccesses the finances and things tend to open up wage budget wise. That first year though, its' hard to sign any coach thats worth anything! Are you in the second season and still have a bunch of coaches that are unsignable?

That I am mate, 2nd season and a hefty wage budget given, however the amount I can offer per week is still miles away what non-playing staff are demanding. For example non-playing staff are demanding in excess of £1,000 p/w - I can only offer £200 p/w at the most despite healthy finances.

It's not a problem signing staff members who are contracted elsewhere, however if the staff member is unemployed it's not possible to sign them.

Okay, I got it into "select editor data files" page in the game, but when i go to select the leagues for the USA it's only the MLS and no lower leagues. Did i do something wrong?

In the 'select editor data files' screen, you need to make sure you check the box that says 'North America 1.01'...if that box doesn't appear, you put the file in the wrong folder. After that box is checked you'll be able to play it, and the added leagues in the database.

That I am mate, 2nd season and a hefty wage budget given, however the amount I can offer per week is still miles away what non-playing staff are demanding. For example non-playing staff are demanding in excess of £1,000 p/w - I can only offer £200 p/w at the most despite healthy finances.

It's not a problem signing staff members who are contracted elsewhere, however if the staff member is unemployed it's not possible to sign them.

Well, I don't know, maybe I need to up the reps of some lower level teams...maybe? I hope it's not too much of an issue, and that coaches demand eventually come down to earth as the years go by.

First of all Mike i have to say amazing job just downloaded it and had a quick glance goingto start playing it now .

Just had a look at few teams and notice the Cosmos have Anelka and are signing ibrahamovic just wondering iif any of the other teams have future transfers or players allready moved there ?

Mike, that is really a good done job you got there. I been doing something similar since November, except that I been struggling with a CONCACAF champions league restructuring, no avail.

Anyhow, got all the logos and team crests you need, besides the NCAA expanded parallel tournament that sends players from college teams to the draft (includes Canada and the Caribbean shield countries as well on it).

I will be publishing that as "MLS environment" in a couple of days, so if you want to take over from where I stopped and even merge that with your work, feel free to do so.

You can even take my name out of the merged thing if you want. And if you need help with squads and players stats for players in the US states-metros/Canadian provinces/Caribbean leagues levels I can't get that to you as well.

I just want a MLS environment I can play, and is not so boring like the one originally in the game.

First of all Mike i have to say amazing job just downloaded it and had a quick glance goingto start playing it now .

Just had a look at few teams and notice the Cosmos have Anelka and are signing ibrahamovic just wondering iif any of the other teams have future transfers or players allready moved there ?

Cosmos are the only team I added a future transfer too, I felt this gives them a jump start in becoming the giant they once were. The idea of rushing a team together out of nobody but anelka to start with intrigues me, and I may give this a go...after I get done dominating the Independent leagues(those damn CSL teams keep knocking me out of comps!!)

Mike, that is really a good done job you got there. I been doing something similar since November, except that I been struggling with a CONCACAF champions league restructuring, no avail.

Anyhow, got all the logos and team crests you need, besides the NCAA expanded parallel tournament that sends players from college teams to the draft (includes Canada and the Caribbean shield countries as well on it).

I will be publishing that as "MLS environment" in a couple of days, so if you want to take over from where I stopped and even merge that with your work, feel free to do so.

You can even take my name out of the merged thing if you want. And if you need help with squads and players stats for players in the US states-metros/Canadian provinces/Caribbean leagues levels I can't get that to you as well.

I just want a MLS environment I can play, and is not so boring like the one originally in the game.

thats awesome with the logos, if it's possible, can you send them too me? I'm in the process of putting them all in a folder, making them easily downloadable to go along with this. Don't know how to construct a config file for something like that yet though.

On another note, setting the limit on foreigners to 8, then putting 22 as the minimum for homegrown works like a charm and will be changed for the next update. Also for the next update, i will add those rules to the MLS, NASL, USL-PRO, CSL, PRSL, and as for the rest of the indy leagues, they will be left as a free-for-all...Independent leagues money will be raised across the board. I really want the these teams to feel like complete seperate entities from the MLS structure, and hopefully with the added money, you could potentially build a powerhouse...and maybe...maybe the long shot of winning the Memorial cup and qualifying for the NA Champions League...surely that 20 something game gauntlet can't be won by a indy league team!?

Newark Ironbound Expresss are knowning as Jersey Express S.C.

Heritage Cup — San Jose Earthquakes, Seattle Sounders FC, Portland Timbers, and Vancouver Whitecaps FC (you have 2 teams in this cup)

maybe u could add this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super-20_League

Thanks for the update on the Jersey Express. What I did with the rivalry cups was to just turn them into...a rivalry week, one off game, with that I just made a creative decision of giving the cup to Vancouver/Montreal, as San Jose would face LA in the Classico, and as Portland/Seattle would battle for the Cascadia cup.

Adding the Super 20 league is something I hope to tackle next year as most of those teams don't exist in the game currently, and would take quite a bit of time with stadiums/kits/etc. However a lot of those teams have been "professionalized" to fit this structure...creative liberties lol. Next year I'll definitly have 2 files..one real as it gets USA, and one "omg why can't it be like this?" file

I'm having a problem with players playing for their national teams. It has happened twice that 17 players are called up for a national game, but I have an MLS game also. I expected the game to be rescheduled, but no. I have to play players out of position in my starting 11, without many subs. The first time I lost 5-0, the second time 7-0. It's too bad because I am doing well with Montreal so far.

With the 8 foreigner limit, what happens to Canadian teams regarding nationality? Do they need all Canadians, or do American players count too, or both?

All teams are under the same rules when it comes to who is considered non-foreign. Canada, Puerto Rico, Bermuda(bermuda hogges), Jamaica(reggae boyz), Antigua & Barbuda(Barricuda FC), Croatia/Serbia(canadian teams); all those countries are considered non-foreign, so that the teams affected won't be forced to field all US players.

I'm having a problem with players playing for their national teams. It has happened twice that 17 players are called up for a national game, but I have an MLS game also. I expected the game to be rescheduled, but no. I have to play players out of position in my starting 11, without many subs. The first time I lost 5-0, the second time 7-0. It's too bad because I am doing well with Montreal so far.

Looking forward to playing this.

Just a quick question though. The list of nations showing as Non-Foreign on the league rules page includes Serbia and Croatia.

Is that right?

The full list shows as Canada, Puerto Rico, Bermuda, Jamaica, Croatia, Serbia, Antigua & Barbuda

no way you should have this problem with the 8 foreign player limit. Saw the question the first time. The update should fix this. Plus in Real life, the MLS would never reschedule due to international play, they played through the world cup!

Looking forward to playing this.

Just a quick question though. The list of nations showing as Non-Foreign on the league rules page includes Serbia and Croatia.

Is that right?

The full list shows as Canada, Puerto Rico, Bermuda, Jamaica, Croatia, Serbia, Antigua & Barbuda

Yes, this was done for Hamilton Croatia, Toronto Croatia, Hamilton Serbians, and the Serbian White Eagles to be able to field there Croatian/Serbian players without using a foreigner slot. All other countries other than US listed as non-foreign are there for certain teams with situations like this(Barricuda FC-Antigua & Barbuda, Reggae Boyz-Jamaica, Bermuda Hogges-Bermuda, Puerto Rico-All PR Teams, Canada-All Canadian teams)

no way you should have this problem with the 8 foreign player limit. Saw the question the first time. The update should fix this. Plus in Real life, the MLS would never reschedule due to international play, they played through the world cup!

Yes, this was done for Hamilton Croatia, Toronto Croatia, Hamilton Serbians, and the Serbian White Eagles to be able to field there Croatian/Serbian players without using a foreigner slot. All other countries other than US listed as non-foreign are there for certain teams with situations like this(Barricuda FC-Antigua & Barbuda, Reggae Boyz-Jamaica, Bermuda Hogges-Bermuda, Puerto Rico-All PR Teams, Canada-All Canadian teams)

Love the idea of cloning Hamilton and Toronto as Serbian/Croatian cities for the ethnic teams, but it has a few problems surely - do players transferred in acquire Serbian or Croatian nationality over time instead of Canada?

First of all, great work. I really want to thank you for the time you put into this and for uploading it.

Second, I have started a game and I ran into a problem. I signed a bunch of FA American regen players that are all about 25-27 years old to fill my roster. These players have no history because they are regens, so, despite them being American, they have not been trained in the US for 3 years.

This not really a 'bug', but it does create some problems. Do you know if there is anyway to edit the file to allow all American, Canadian, etc. to be considered HG?

You have put a lot of work into this, but even though your set-up isn't for me may I ask do you still have an early version of your work where you have updated/added the none existing teams, but had not yet deleted the original MLS competition file (unique ID 40) from the game

I would like to use your file to fit in with my own custom US database, but as you deleted the MLS competiton with the unique ID of 40, it causes an annoying error in team history when you use and other edited database file. The teams who have previously won that competition are showing as winning the MLS as two different competition.

Every time I tried to merge the original MLS keeps being removed when I want to keep it to avoid that error.

First of all, great work. I really want to thank you for the time you put into this and for uploading it.

Second, I have started a game and I ran into a problem. I signed a bunch of FA American regen players that are all about 25-27 years old to fill my roster. These players have no history because they are regens, so, despite them being American, they have not been trained in the US for 3 years.

This not really a 'bug', but it does create some problems. Do you know if there is anyway to edit the file to allow all American, Canadian, etc. to be considered HG?

I agree 100% with this post. I ended up just going into the editor and changing the number of homegrown players to 12. I left the foreign restriction at 8, so the last 10 players still had to have American nationals. This made it, imo, much more playable.

I am a little curious about the salary restrictions in NASL as well. Is there a max amount you can offer players? I've got about $4 million dollars sitting unused in my payroll budget. :(

As a side note, New York Cosmos are playing in NASL and have signed Ibrahimovic (for $34.5 million) and Anelka.

Great league setup, though, I'm enjoying it.

Willz: I dont' know why that doesn't work, but of course I don't know much about merging databases, or whats even in that other database that could cause that problem

Themodelcitizen: With those teams at the 4th level of the pyramid, I feel that even if someone was to sign with one of those teams, and be there long enough to gain citizenship, that they'd not find the benefit of taking those nationalities, because they just wouldn't be good enough to make those teams (croatia/serbia)

Thundercracker: I'm afraid I do not have a back up file with the original MLS, kind of embarrasing considering how meticulous i was in backing up files while testing. As far as having a save with the added teams i do not, this was something where i created as I went, sort of, creating teams here and there to fit the structure(something I regret). Next year, I know what structure I want and will do all the teams involved first, and will make that available I'm sure.

t-rock and shoefumbler: I myself am having this problem, I currently am only able to field a squad of 20, but I'm guessing after 3 years, or 2 years, whatever the time for HG, this won't be that much of annoyance. It's good thing that a lot of your games are spent in cup play.

Thats awesome that the cosmos got relegated in year 1! I have only seen that once and probably about 50 something tests. More often than not they start dominating right away, they are the American juggernaut I wanted them to be. Question, did you start with no added players? ps the Anelka and ibrahimovic transfers were in there to kick start them, i did that seeing how they both want to play in america...and why not lol

Glad to hear you guys are enjoying this! Would love to hear how you guys your doing in your careers

I guess I should read more carefully! :)

I'm not sure if this is an issue, but Cosmos never registered Ibra. In fact, they didn't register several of their best players. I'm going to peruse the other rosters tomorrow to see if this is happening elsewhere.

I started w/ added players, but I also started in Dec 2011, I suppose that could cause problems.

So you no longer have a link to the 1.01 version of this file?

I do find it odd that no matter how much I have altered the original MLS competition to try and keep it, every time I try to merge it the competition is always removed.

Edit: Never mind. I was over thinking things as usual. A simple way around my problem was to clear the history from your created MLS and editing its name slightly, so that it is a new competition rather than following on from the MLS. It isn't ideal, but it does stop two MLS competitions appearing in team history.

Also a suggestion for the Cosmos is to add Tampa Bay as one of their rivals.

Archived