Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PoopyPants,

Load up all Brazilian, Argentinian, Colombian, French, Polish and Scandanavian players.

GK: Forecast (on loan) is all you need. Sell Turley for free (he will eat up 800 a week otherwise) Use one of your youngsters as backup.

DR: David Duquesnoy (Free) James Clarke backup

DL: Ludovic Mary (Free) James Clarke backup

DC: Esmir Sabic, Mathieu Vasseur, Jean-Christophe Maras (all for free)

MR: Salomonsson, Jakub Kawa as backup (both free), Kawa can also play as striker and he bangs the goals in at League 2 even though his stats aren't that good.

ML: Alexandre Frutos (Free, you can sell him for 200-250K when you get promoted) Robin Nylen (Free) as backup

MC: Soley, Charles Devineau, Mikel Larrumbide and Boubacar Balde (All for free). Balde develops well and is still class at League 2.

FC: Loan Ebanks-blake and Michael Coulsen. Those two will rip up BSP.

Also sign Magnus Svensson (Free) as backup midfielder and backup RB.

Sell all your original team except Clarke and Rose.

PoopyPants,

Also, if you are lucky you can get Cordos for 10K plus 50% sellon but I have only been successful at buying him once in the first season. Another class CB is Sashi Chalwe (you can get Chalwe for 4k as you approach December).

In December you should sign Kabamba Musasa for free for your next season. Also sign Lucas Vivian for 28k for next season. (He is a class DM and AM).

You should also start prepping to sign three highly recomended Romanians for season 2. Ganea, Sburlea and Ionescu. Praise them every month until you are on their favored personal list. That makes signing them that much easier. Ganea is especially tricky to sign.

I dont think it's particually worth reocmmending season 2 players, season two is all about having a bit of luck, sining uhappy/transfer listed players and those that are on frees....and getting soem juicey youngsters in. With the exception of Seloy my entire team is under 23 in league 2, and I believe the same team (if they develop quick enough), will take me all the way to the championship without changes.....although I'll mkake changes anyway :p

I agree with Minimal Fuss as i'm league 1 my average squad age is 20 (Seyfo Soley is the only player over 22) and won my first league game 4-1 (Ganea hat-trick) and won the league cup 1st round, with 6 of the starting squad are regens.

Started an Oxford Game as well. My signings:

transfersnb5.jpg

Standings after 7 league games:

tabellefq2.jpg

i'm playing a flat 4-4-2 formation after tinkering with some formations during the pre-seasons friendlies.

the usual starting eleven reads like this:

-------ebanks-blake----sheringham------

---------------------------------------

--blackwood--soley--rose--salomonsson--

--tierney--sabic----mills---svensson---

----------------edwards----------------

unfortunately i didn't get a parent club though i requested one.

still need to strengthen my left midfield. robin nylen is only coming in january.

Just won the League Cup, beating Man Utd 3-1 in the final. Hopefully that won't be the last trophy we win this season! icon_biggrin.gif

ginger_mourinho, great team you support mate. icon_wink.gif

GK: Get someone on loan (Forecast was good for me, also Preston Edwards)

DR: Loans are the best option if you want another try Zakuani or Chris Riley on loan.

DL: Paul Tierney comes highly recommended, also Ludovic Mary from some obscue French team as well as Cristian Fernandez. Also Cristea if you can get him.

DC: Sabic is fab. Andrei Cordos and Mehdi Makhloufi would also be good signings. Loans also great eg. Leigh Mills

MR: Salomonsson is a must buy, good enough for the Championship imo. Get him and you're sorted.

ML: Johnatan Estrada can come in Jan after his loan finishes and comes highly recommended. Ditto Robin Nylen and Erik Grendel.

MC: Soley is fantastic, scores heaps from the corner bug as well. Devineau is another French youngster. Magnus Svensson is old but still pretty good. Boubacar Balde has also been great and can also play right wing or upfront. Loans are very useful, Maghoma and Josh Wright are great ones.

FC: Loans are fantastic here for first season. Harsanyi, Coulson, Ebanks-Blake and Charlie Sheringham all rip up the BSP. Permanently David Faderne and Bas Savage are good as well. When you get into League 2 Ganea is god! Sburlea also good.

Also get a parent club: great loans available. Good luck mate. icon14.gificon_smile.gif

BTW, has anyone tried this guy, not looking to sign him myself but looks like he could be great in he lower leagues!

Cheers, having a look at him as we speak.

Could do with some advice as well. The board have approached me with the option of 2 feeder clubs- Watford and Coverntry City. Ideally, Watford would be my first choice because of the financial benefits but could do with another opinion. Quick reply if possible please.

Haha Jack, welcome mate. I'm using Tom's (dexta200) tactic. I'll send it you via e-mail. Good luck. icon14.gif

Our 100% record is still intact (just) with a 96th minute icon_eek.gif winner from Sankharé to give us a 3-2 win over West Ham away! icon_smile.gif

BB, it's a normal back four with short farrows on the full backs, a DM who drops back to help out the defence, two MCs one with a barrow to the DM position and one with a farrow to ST. Two wingers also have farrows to either side of the ST and a lone striker, I'll send it to you. icon14.gif

Gazza, fantastic season mate, great work! icon14.gif

Archived