Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

Tom, no offers as yet for Liviu, only Valencia are interested (read: have any sense), which I find staggering given his goalscoring record. No that I'm complaining ofc...

Barnetboyz, great season mate. Agree with Tom on Scribe, fantastic keeper and cheap. Ganea is THE signing: so well done!

Def a left winger needed so subject to wps try for Dubarbier and Estrada as Briz said. Thomas Lyskov will be a good loan signing and look at the usual reserves. Another MC is also in order so again subject to wps Bernardo and Elvio Martinez are good signings. Then there's loans, loans and more loans!

GK: Scribe

DR: Not sure here cos I don't know those players v well.

DL: See DR

DC: Tomkins

DC: Jimenez

MR: Salomonsson

ML: New signing

MC: New signing

MC: Rose/Pavlov (?) or new signing

FC: GANEA!

FC: Constantine/Mazzola

EpiC2z, welcome mate. Yeah, Oxford is a great game! Take Briz's advice on everything. Just from me, I find a basic 4-4-2 works really well if you have better players then most of the teams you are playing. But Briz has a great tactic that's seems to work great if you're struggling. Personally, I find little difference in tactics between the top and the lowest league but some of the BSP players may not appreciate a really high tempo cos of lack of stamina etc. If you have the players tho pace of play is a devastating asset. Good luck with your game mate, take Oxford to the top! icon14.gif

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jimenez will actually be playing right back with Quinn keeping his DC place

have thankfully got Reid on loan again so thats the left winegr sorted and it will be most likely North starting in goal and have signed that Luca from St Mirren for 100k icon_cool.gif

so a very attacking MC partnership with Luca & Pavlov and only 17 each icon_biggrin.gif

welcome EpiC2z !! well done for choosing a great fun OXford game and glad you've started well mate!

Matt, Briz? can i please start the fm09 oxford thread please lol? haha i just enjoyed the fact that this one has been so successful i just want it to happen again.

wow would have thought you would be getting offers here there and everywhere! whats his value? hows everything going?

BB, okay mate. Good luck with the new season. icon14.gif

Tom, haha ofc you can lol. You deserve the credit for starting this one in the first place anyway! icon_smile.gif

Not played at all since last update. icon_frown.gif Still first, 6 points ahead of Man Utd but they have a game in hand. Ganea's value is £18.5 mill: not bad for someone I bought for £375k! icon_biggrin.gif

BTW, Bolton is always my first game on all the FM/CM series so I'll keep up the tradition. Oxford is next on the agaenda tho!

Okay, so heres how its going. Not kicked off yet due to coursework but transfers have been frequent, both in and out.

TRANSFERS IN

Salomonsson - Free

Tillen - Free

Svensson - Free

Tarrassenko - Free

Balde - Free

Edwards - Loan

Tierney - Free

Nylen - Free

Gilbert - Loan

Hunter - Free

Ebanks-Blake - Loan

Plummer - Loan

Sheringham (Charlie) - Loan

Soley - Free

Sabic - £26k (had to pay compensation. They wanted £50k otherwise)

TRANSFERS OUT

Pettefer - £20k

Hutchinsson - £20k

Day - £20k

Weedon - Free

Murray - £20k

Quinn - £24k

McAllistar - Free

Duffy - £14k

Foster - Loan

I'm looking to bring in Estrada for £14k and sell Trainer for £50k. icon_biggrin.gif

Just a really quick update on my game. still in my first season and sitting in 2nd place 6 points behind aldershot with a game in hand. Michael Coulson has scored 20 in 21 games so he's a quality loan.

In the FA cup, i'm currently in the 2nd replay after beating MK dons 3-0 in the 1st round and drawing 2-2 with Notts forest away.

So i will update nearer the end of the season icon_smile.gif

Zombie, that's weird mate, the lowest rating i can remember is a 4, but if their ratings are really poor I usually sub them anyway. Well done on winning the JPT btw and good luck with the rest of the season. icon14.gif

PoopyPants, agreed mate, the BSP is easy but it gets harder in the top leagues. Good start anyway (try and beat my points record of 123!), keep it up. icon14.gif

George, Coulson sounds fantastic! Hopefully you can catch Aldershot and breeze into the league proper: best of luck. icon_smile.gif

Tom, yeah I've replied via e-mail and it sounds good. We'll have to wait and see... Thanks for bringing it to my attention btw! icon_smile.gif

I've decided to keep Hernandez guys. His PA is 194 but he's not a wonderkid despite his stats??? Anyway, I couldn't find anyone better so I'll keep him. Thanks for the replies! icon_smile.gif

Zombie, another great season mate, fantastic! Bad news tho, you didn't beat my record of 119 points in League One! Vokes and Salomonsson, both geniuses! Nylen and Nordtveit not bad either lol!

George, 1st in the Prem by 6 points with 24 games gone: is the title coming to the Kassam? icon_biggrin.gif

Btw, have you noticed we were both registered on the same day lol!

On a general note I got the Bolton researchers job!!! icon_biggrin.gif

I hope the prem comes to you, would be a great achievement!

I'm glad you got the Researchers job, just don't overrate the players icon_wink.gif

i was going to say something about me and you registering on the same day but i kept forgetting lol too bad i can't do the same as you on my oxford save icon_frown.gificon_razz.gif

Davies has got 9... yellow cards and *ahem* 3 goals. Tries hard tho, I think 19 for work rate is a certainty.

For League 2 try:

GK: Scribe, Preston Edwards

DR/DL: San Roman. Loans

DC: Obama, Yepes, Gavish, Soley (if you've not already got him). Nordtviet etc (Loans)

MR/ML: Nylen, Dubarbier, Grendel.

MC: Bernardo, Richard Hughes, Elvio Martinez, Dinis.

FC: GANEA!, Vokes. Ched Evans, Ebanks-Blake (Loans)

Archived