Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha well sorry for crushing your long-term dreams Zombie: you'll have to win the Prem first season as well!

Quality transfers btw: Wilshere, Millan, Bostock, Barkroth all great players and fb prices! I still can't get over the fact you got Sakho and Sankharé in League one! Keep it up mate. icon14.gif

Sparky, haha I don't actually know. Just luck I guess... and fantastic management ofc!

Briz, how big are your crowds in the Prem mate?

Pretty chuffed atm, after a brilliant comeback from the lads! Away at Northampton in the 3rd round of the FA Cup, I went 3-0 down and managed to bring it back to a replay at my place! Hopefully can beat them there!

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2wltx1h&s=3

I got VERY lucky with penalties, I think I've had 3 all season before this game, but then the game was pretty much even, and I was on top for most of the second half. Genius half time team talk ofc! (Where's the passion lads?)

2 of their goals were 25 yard free kicks, and the two that scored them both had 8 and 10 for free kicks and 5 and 3 for long shots, so pretty annoyed, and about giving a penalty. Preston Edwards seems to have some sort of issue with long range shots! But anyway, happy days.

neil welcome mate. 1. load all players from romania serbia argentina france colombia and brazil. 2. get yourself a parent club. 3. soley estrada yepes and salomonsson are all good signings. 4. the finances go up really quickly and you can attract a decent standard of player.

good luck and keep us updated

alrite lads icon_biggrin.gif

havent posted in about 3 days but just an update, going into january im 3rd in league 1! briz mate your tactics seems to be working wonders, wellington and charlie sheringham are also playing very well

theres a good chance i could really go up this year icon_biggrin.gif

briz_lad Just used your tactic for 3 games what a change around...

Charlton away lost 2-1 They scored in the last minute.

Ipswich at home won 3-0

Wolves away won 7-1

Hope I haven't spoke too soon.

Neil, welcome mate. Briz is completely right ofc. Also try for Nylen, didn't have him personally but he's done fantastically for others. Loans are key. Look in Prem reserves and also Ebanks-Blake and Charlie Sheringham. A parent club is an advantage as Briz said. Shouldn't be a prob getting Salomonsson on 8.0.2, everyone on here has managed it and he's Championship quality when he's developed imo. Good luck mate and enjoy! icon_smile.gif

jess, great to hear it mate: keep it up! icon14.gif

Sparky, brill turn around mate: 7-1 what a result! See you in the Prem then! *Touches wood* icon_smile.gif

Sparky, great recovery mate. The autos look a bit out of reach but you seem to be hot favourites for the play-offs. The Chelski game should get you some cash, and continue the Oxford vs Chelsea saga in the FA Cup from my game! Who has been your best players mate?

Very nice Sparky. Good old Ebanks and Josh Wright, tried and tested Oxford legends! Don't you thinnk your squad is a bit big tho?

As for me, I've bought Agbonlahor for £9 mill with the view to bringing hiom on if all is not going well around the hour mark and letting him rung rings around the tired opposition defence! Loads of regens too, some won't get in the first team but will make a nicve profit in a few years. icon14.gif

2007/08 Season Review

Squad

04232008105613lj8.th.jpg

Top 5 Players

1. Sylvan Ebanks-Blake

2. Will Hoskins

3. Kyel Reid

4. Emil Salomonsson

5. Danny Rose

Will need a good keeper for next season and will get rid of a few oldies

Blue Square Premier

04232008112032am8.th.jpg

National Cups

FA Cup - Knocked out by Man Utd 3-1 in the 3rd round

Setanta Shield Final

FA Trophy Final

Upcoming Season..

With Ebanks & Hoskins going i expect i will need goalscorers (hopefully will look to pick up Kevin Phillips on a free but i think he might want big money) / Also a new keeper is needed as i've lost faith Nielsen (although he is worth 50k so can sell for a bit)

Notts Forest, Brighton, Port Vale & Bournemouth will be joining the League 2 after terrible seasons in League 1 but that means that Vokes might be cheap as Bournemouth are struggling with money

Other transfer targets include Tony Warner, Ian Walker, Patrik Berger and a few youngsters probably

anyway roll on next season icon_smile.gif

nice barnet. why not go for Scribe for your GK he is a brilliant one even at his age!

try get Ebanks back on loan, forget hoskins though, Rhys Murphy, Tomas Pakhart, Dany Welbeck all great strikers for league 2 try loans no need to get phillips i dont think and oh of course spend all your money on GANEA!!

hi guys, looks fun in here!

gonna start an oxford game on 8.02

my first time playing in the lower leagues.

-what are the things i should pay attention to?

-will my tactics work as well as a top team?

-tactics wise. what are the differences between playing as a top team and a lower league team? do i have to play high D line or such!

thanks!

will be playing a 4-4-2 this season after all with the signing of 2 new strikers

i still need some advice from you oxford regulars if ya don't mind

Squad

04232008145155pw7.th.jpg

500k to spend, i know i probably need a couple of wingers and maybe a very good MC

epic2z welcome mate. 1. get yourself a parent club. 2. load all players from serbia romania france argentina brazil and colombia. 3.free signings such as soley and salomonsson are great players. so are estrada and yepes.

4. tactics should be fine but if you need a hand just say plenty of people here who can help icon14.gif

barnetboyz i would take a look at estrada if he's on your database for a left winger. he can also play centrally. you definately need a centre midfielder but i can't think of anyone atm. icon14.gif

Archived