Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

Originally posted by dexta200:

right first season, you can either stick with some of the ones you got or just sell, you need to replace every positionreally. i will post my transfers.

Get yourself a parent club as well. and a few loans, will hoskins, maybe also look at a few posts up ypresfr posted his side have a look at a few of them. scr332dfe5lv0.th.jpg

glad to have another body in here! hope you have as much or more success than me! keep us updated as much as you can mate!

Thanks again for the help.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi there, played 20 league games in my first season now, being very inconsistant with results fine example losing to aldershot at home but beating stevenage away. what tactics are you guys using, the system i have away is working well but my home form is letting me down. got notts county away in fa cup 1st round proper. will post again soon. andy

Hi Andy, I'm Matt. This is the tactic I used and it got me 123 points in the BSP last season:

oxfordtacticjan2008cn2.jpg

I kept with the default team instructions as well so I was quite surprised it worked so well. It remains to be seen if it's good enough for higher leagues than he BSP.

Good luck mate! icon14.gif

To post a screenshot:

1) Get onto the screen you want in FM and press the print screen (PrtScr) button, should be next to the F12 on the keyboard.

2) Open an image editing program (like Paint) and go to Edit-Paste.

3) Go to File-Save As and save the picture as a .jpg in My Documents-Sports Interactive-Football Manager 2008-Screenshots. If you don't have a screenshots folder make one.

4) On the internet, open a inage hosting website such as Imageshack (www.imageshack.us) and press 'browse'.

5) Find the screenshot you saved and press 'host it'.

6) To post the image on this forum use the very bottom link that says "post a direct link to this image".

7) When you're replying in this forum use the 2nd to last icon with what looks like a picture on it and paste the link from Imageshack in that box.

Hope that all makes sense! icon14.gif

hey guys! glad to hear from you andy! and unlucky zombie. that is a shame, hopefully see you next time.

im currently sitting 7th with 5 games to go. and the tabel looks like this

4th everton - 58 points

5th spurs - 57 points

6th arsenal - 54 points

7th oxford 52 points

so if results go my way then i may get higher..

Matt im sad to say... Bolton have already been relegated. 14points so far icon_frown.gif

Too bad, let's hope it's not the same result irl. Big game tomorrow.

You clawed that 10 point gap down quickly: that's great and a strong finish will land you in Europe, brilliant! icon14.gif

Will post an update tonight, maybe tomorrow when I've finished all my transfers.

May as well do it now, don't hink I'll make anymore transfers.

oxfordtransfersseason2tf6.jpg

Quite pleased really. Ganea is on fire already and could become an Oxford legend, Vokes and Andrade look good for the future, Tom you'll know all about Scribe and Hughes and Dubarbier are decent players for their prices. I did fairly well for loans as well: some solid defenders and Maghoma I know is good from last year.

Here's what I'm playing atm:

GK: Scribe

DR: Zakuani

DL: Tierney

DC: Melamed/Adilson

DC: Edgar

DM: Soley

MC: Hughes

MC: Maghoma

AMR: Salomonsson

AML: Estrada

FC: Ganea

Started well in the league, currently top with 10 points from 4 games.

Maccelsfield 0-4 Oxford (Hughes (2), Edgar, Ganea)

Oxford 1-1 Walsall (Maghoma)

Dag & Red 1-3 Oxford (Ganea, Ledgister, Quinn)

Leyton Orient 0-2 Oxford (Ganea (2)) League Cup

Oxford 3-0 Wrexham (Soley, Ganea (2))

Drawn Everton at home in the League Cup so another shock could be on the cards.

Hopefully I can keep it up! icon14.gif

end of season run in!

Oxford 3-1 Leicester (Tales, Aquino 2)

Sunderland 1-2 Oxford (Acapandie 2)

Oxford 2-1 Portsmouth (Sahar, Aquino)

Bolton 1-2 Oxford (Acapandie, Tales)

Oxford 4-1 Everton (Acapandie, Aquino, Sahar, Galvan)

spurs and arsenal were sitting 5th and 6th with spurs on 64 points and arsenal on 66 with me on 64 also. so really i was thinking i was finishing 7th

but with that great win over everton and then to my amazement!!! Arsenal go and lose 2-1 away to sunderland!! so that is me up to 6th and then!!! spurs lost at home to chelsea so i have finished 5th!! omg!! i actually cant believe my luck!

scr86040b6wm7.th.jpg

im so pleased!!!!!

never been this happy with a set of results on fm than i am at this minute!!!

oh and matt... bolton have gone into administration so they lost 9points which means they would still have finished bottom lol but a bit closer lol

ah nice. Ganea should be good! and vokes is pretty amazing! how much did you get at the start?

andrade! i have never managed to make him good!

hughes should be good. looks like you should be fine. hopefully you get the same result i did against everton!!

Tom, that's brilliant. BSP to the brink of the Champions League in only 6 seasons, that'll be a tough target for me to aim for! icon_smile.gif

At the start of the season the board gave me £750k but I raised some more by selling de Oliviera. I thought Andrade would be worth a punt cos he was only £4k and looks like he could be one for the future.

Thinking of making any transfers yourself mate?

well im certainly not going to complain icon_biggrin.gif probably my biggest achievement in fm. like i've done mk dons to the prem but never into europe and watford to champions league and premiership glory but thats the max!

still making transfers. laying laminate flooring as i do it so bit slow haha! gotta have fm on the go though!

Yeah, it's annoying when clubs ask over the odds for players.

We seem really good against the big clubs in the cups:

Oxford 1-0 Everton (Andrade) icon_biggrin.gif

Decided to throw the young guy in cos Ganea was injured and Vokes was cup-tied and he scored! Hoping to get Chelsea or Bolton at some point on these cup runs.

I got Blackburn away in the League Cup and their flying in the Prem atm.

A few more transfers:

IN

Rogerinho (D/WBL)- ADAP Galo- £240k

OUT

Luke Foster (DC)- Histon- £10k

Paul Tierney (D/WBL)- Colchester- £275k

Rogerinho should be an able replacement for Tierney. Still top on League 2 atm: will keep you posted.

Of course I would recommend it, it's the most fun I've had on FM in a long time! Give it a go and see what you think. icon_cool.gif

Here are my transfers first season: I would recommend all of them tbh:

oxfordtransfersseason1zr1.jpg

Also, don't forget to get a parent club, Tottenham are mine and they've sent me some excellent players.

Good luck if you decide to have a go mate, and don't forget to keep us posted! icon14.gificon_smile.gif

yeah oxford is pretty sweet!

well obviously Emil Salomonsson! genius!

and get a parent club. and a few loans and look around the lower french leagues and stuff like that. my 1st season signings are posted the page before i will quote it.

Originally posted by dexta200:

right first season, you can either stick with some of the ones you got or just sell, you need to replace every positionreally. i will post my transfers.

Get yourself a parent club as well. and a few loans, will hoskins, maybe also look at a few posts up ypresfr posted his side have a look at a few of them. scr332dfe5lv0.th.jpg

glad to have another body in here! hope you have as much or more success than me! keep us updated as much as you can mate!

Right!!!!

Transfers:

scr1656c0ed0.th.jpg

and results!

Blackburn 0-3 Oxford (Deigo, Obama, Miki Roque)

Oxford 5-1 Sheff Utd (Sahar, Obama, Dos Santos Machado, Sburlea, Diego)

Leeds 2-1 Oxford (Sahar)

Oxford 0-0 Sunderland

Leicester 0-2 Oxford (Sburlea, Sahar)

Oxford 5-2 Reading (Sburlea, Sahar, Obama, Galvan 2)

not baddd icon_smile.gif what do you think?

Results are fb mate. 2nd is brilliant: keep it up! icon14.gif

A few quick questions about the transfers:

1) Which Diego is it?

2) Are the others regens cos I can't find them anywhere on my game?

3) How much did the board give you to spend originally?

well the diego is the amazing werder bremen one icon_eek.gif yeah the rest are regans i had oded gavish for 10million but my comp turned off and then i couldnt get a work permit for him icon_confused.gif

and i got given 25million for a mid table finish!

i have rosenborg in 1st round of uefa cup and leeds in 3rd round of league cup! need to do well in cups for once!!

i hope i can keep it up!

Wow, the Werder Bremen one, that's one hell of a signing mate! icon_eek.gif

How has Bernardo, MC from Cruzeiro turned out in your game mate, should be 24 in your game: thinking of getting him for £250k in January cos the board gave me more transfer money. Cheers mate. icon14.gif

I think I'll get him, he looks like quite a good creative force and for only £250k it's worth a punt. Cheers for the screenie. icon_smile.gif

Also getting David Yepes for £45k and Kabamba Musasa (noticed someone's just made a thread about him) for free. Both are pretty good deals imo.

On second thoughts forget about Musasa, I've cancelled his transfer cos I think I've got enough strikers already.

I don't think Yepes will have retired, he should be about 31 in 2014. Maybe you need all the players from Colombia loaded to find him. He looks like he could dominate the air! Here's a screenie:

davidyepesfo9.jpg

Okay, I'll steer clear of Lavezzi, do you mind me asking why?

ah looks pretty sweet!

haa because i wasted 5million onhim! last season 17 games 2 goals and now he hasnt scored in 5 this season just useless!

beat rosenborg 5-0 at home and leeds 1-0 but had a few crappy results in premiership but overall not bad

Okay, I'll stay away from him in the future. icon13.gif

Just lost 2-0 to Blackburn in the League Cup but still unbeaten in League 2, top with 26 points from 10 games. Ganea is a goal machine btw: 14 in 10 league games so far. Estrada and Salomonsson are carrying on from where they left off last year and bigger clubs could start bidding for them soon.

aahh. i think you are going to do better than me!!

because you won some cups 1st season you got more money. im still yet to win a trophy which isnt good! hopefully this year something will come my way!

unlucky against blackburn but that cup is just a fun thing to be in the board dont care about it!

yeah dont sell salomonsson i got 5million bid in champ and i held on but now he aint in my team and wish i had sold. same as always though. i hold on for too long!

just got my uefa cup group!!

Athletic

HSV

Oxford

Fiorentina

Wisla

i might cry icon_frown.gif haha i could have had worse as united, porto, barca, Arsenal and lyon are in it too!

Athletic don't have any world class players just a bunch of decent ones.

HSV star players are Piatti, Razack Traore and Milevskiy the rest all decent they are the best ones though.

Fiorentina star players, Armand Traore, Gary Cahill, N'Zogbia, Kuzmanovic, Forestieri, Di Maria, Goitom and Ratinho other than that pretty similiar to the others just decent nothing special. Gary Cahill looks bloody impressive though!!

and Wisla just the usual set of wisla players really lol

im just going to go for it and hope for the best!

I wouldn't worry about the UEFA cos the board will probably have said just enjoy it so there's no pressure. You've got a chance but qualifications not a given. I like Cahill irl, he looks good on the ball and he does have good stats on the game as well.

I'm glad I won those two cups season 1 cos I got quite a bit of money which could come in handy later on if I have a good enough reputation.

Oh, and if I do as well as you mate I'll be over the moon! icon_smile.gificon_cool.gif

well my board just said to reach the groups and i have achieved that already. so should be okay! but i would love to qualify from that group!

just beat chelsea 3-0 at home icon_smile.gif

yeah Cahill does look good i was suprised villa let him go tbh.

well hopefully you do as well as i have. if you do better i will have to try again haha!:p joking

Well Wisla wasn't very tough!

5-1 win with goals from Sahar, Vanden Borre, Aquino, Obama and Kakuta!

also into quarter final of league cup after beat Leicester 3-0 with an Acapanie hat-trick!! so all looking up couple of draws after the win against chelsea!

i hate to say it but i've had enough for now. played 35 games and 7 points off uefa places. and got knocked out n quarters last season. and without uefa cup next season its just taken the edge off the game for me. i may continue it soon, ill still reply in here mate so keep me updated!

im just starting a lyon, barca and chelsea one with all the kids i have found in my oxford games. like davila want to try them all out! havent had a game where i have been able to do so and also i want to add to my guide.

dont stop posting in here i will always check up and offer my advice as much as i can and i hope you have fun playing!!

Archived