Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha :p i was only saying because of the mods. and like to keep the thread open too, cheers man

hmm have you tried briz' tactic back a few pages?

just beatn barnsley in the replay 2-0 icon_biggrin.gif

and omg! i got Oded Gavish coming in the summer!!!

Why are Oxford so tight with funds?? The club is making so much money every month, my balance is 2.2million yet i have 90k for transfers and -4k wage budget, surely they can help me out a bit with the wages! Anyone else noticing this?

yeah i guess so mate. to be honest in every league except the prem if you win 5games you move up like 6 places its mad! but ifyou lose and draw 5 you move do 6 lol so i would say so all depending on the points difference? how far off the auto's are you?

Originally posted by weebob88:

Why are Oxford so tight with funds?? The club is making so much money every month, my balance is 2.2million yet i have 90k for transfers and -4k wage budget, surely they can help me out a bit with the wages! Anyone else noticing this?

mate just wait until league one. it pays off! you get around 5m!!!

just be patient you dont need to spend anymore in the 1st 2 leagues really

Im not really looking for funds to buy players i just hate having my wages over the budget but they wont help me out to even it off. I cant wait for promotion!! I feel league 1 is where it starts really, with the ability to bring in prem class players like i did when i was leeds!!

hmm yeah i know what you mean! but its not a problem in bsp. mine were over until end of season when i sold someone for 40k 2nd season i have a budget of 29k!! which is too much for me lol still got 7k spare!

jessboi ah you should be okay if its only 5points go on a lil run and your sorted mate! good luck!!

Originally posted by jess boi:

deffinetely weebob icon_biggrin.gif 5 mill ia alot of money for league 1, with free transfers as well! dexta how much is the championship transfer kitty lol

i got around the same but i wasnt optimistic 10m odd if you say promotion i said midtable and got 6m

Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

I've just got knocked out of the JPT by Bristol Rovers in the Qtr Final on Penaltys.

Thats because Bristol Rovers are brilliant........

Cant wait for League 2 season 2 start. Some of my signings are FB! Will post a screenie soon.

Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

I've just agreed to sign Kerrea Gilbert for 700k plus 15% next sale in January.

nice mate! i had him in bsp and was very consistant didnt want to come back on loan 2nd season though!

Creppin - looking forward to it mate!

dexta you inspired to me to complete the signing of gavish!! 4k and he looks a cracker, 2 caps for israel alreay!

nice mate! Zombie 158 thats wicked for gilbert! only 132 on mine!

and Gavish looks really good for his age and could become a first team regular straight away i think!!

mate, bad news gavish was turned down a naff work permit icon_rolleyes.gif ill try again in january, im really confident of promotion this year, 5 points of an automatic and heading into december, teams playing well with briz tactic icon14.gif

just got some of my arraged transfers come in jan now!

Robin Nylen, Giovanny Patricio Espinoza (have a look from Ecuador), Ransford Osei.

loooks pretty good. nylen looks terrible but good pa so worth a shot! espinoza is 31 but could be good for a season or 2 and osei is one for the future!

Originally posted by ypresfr:

Good news guys, I'm back early, it was so terrible! icon_wink.gif

And for god sake, when I said I wanted 2000 posts I was only joking guys, now I've got like 4 pages and 250 posts to read, thanks guys! icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif

whey!! welcome home matt! i know its hard to keep up with all these guys!! look at my post on last page trying to respond to them all lol!

Jessboi ah unluck with gavish and yeah briz makes you play well just need your strikers to score now lol!

Well i had a good game againts a prem team Sheff Utd, they beat me 1 - nil to put me out the Carling Cup! Harry Kewel getting the winner!! Im second in the league with 4 wins 1 draw and 1 loss! doing not too bad! Should go up i feel.

Mike_Cardinal, weebob88, Barnetboyz, FM Master, dabest: welcome everyone, enjoy the game! (Sorry if I've missed anyone else out btw: I'm only human!)

Everyone else, you all seem to be doing well so keep it up and good luck! Cba replying to everyone individually!

Tom, well done against Spurs mate, I always find it's harder away from home tho. Where abouts are you in the league atm mate?

well dun dexta against tottenham!! really annoying me ive only lost 5 games this season but keep giving away late goals lol my striker miroslav toth is apparently feared by every opposition, my ass manager said hed be a quality signing for a league one side so thats good news.

im thinking i could finish this season tonight or definetely tomorow, that would be 2 seasons in 4 days!

ZombiePacheco should be good i have him on loan only played a few though.

Matt i am currently 2nd 4 points behind swindon with a game in hand! and just beaten Gillingham 2-0 in semis so into the south final of JPT icon_smile.gif how you doing mate?

haha well done jessboi i should finish this seaosn tonight as well hopefully and only in jan! going to get some good playing under my belt tonight . girlfriends at work tomorrow too icon_biggrin.gif

Recieved a cash windfall of £375,000 because of a sell on of Dean Whitehad. Took my bank balance to over £3m. Asked for a bigger transfer budget, and the club immediatley agreed to up it from £180,000 to £1.9m in League 2!

nice Creppin yeah im hoping whitehead goes for a decent amount! only got like 50k last time!

jesboi. get your teamtalks sorted and then you will go on a lil run dont criticize the team even if they dont play well you need them happy in the run in!

Originally posted by briz_lad:

crikey 3 pages since i was last on icon_eek.gif

ryt anyone else managed to get in the prem?

dexta how did my tactic do for you m8?

well at the moment im 2nd in league 2! and its working pretty well. just if my strikers have a bad day i lose and that has happened a few times.

played 35 scored 78 conceded 32 in all comps so not badd really! i like it though cheers mate!

3 pages i know its amazing how many people are in here now!

Originally posted by Creppin:

Not gonna waste it. Have signed about ten players this window in prep for league two, all on frees and loans, so havent spent a penny as of yet. However, just tabled a £1m bid for Ebanks-blake........

nice mate. he should leave wolves never play him which i find strange. but never mind hopefully you can get him.

briz ur tactics working great for me mate personally, creates alot of chances for the strikers! ye dexta should be close come the end of the season, im gonna take ur advice up on the team talks and say sensational every time, alos do you say for the fans at the start?

briz, this is my second season in the Prem mate. How's it goin for you?

Tactic sounds good btw: might check it out myself if it all goes pear-shaped.

Creppin, probably a good idea. Save it up for later when you can attract the Zapaters of this world!

jess, there's a teamtalks thread in the tactics forum mate and that's great for well teamtalks I guess! Here is the link.

weebob, nice mate, great result against Barnet.

Just had a massive scare when I loaded FM, said "game could not be loaded": nearly had a heart attack. Good job I had a backup saved at the same point....

briz ur tactics working great for me mate personally, creates alot of chances for the strikers! ye dexta should be close come the end of the season, im gonna take ur advice up on the team talks and say sensational every time, alos do you say for the fans at the start?

erm not sensationall all the time if you win 2-0 i would say sensational for one of 2 of them for the fans away from home and i expect a win for crappy teams. look at the thread matt posted as well!

looks good weebob! musasa is great!

lucky matt that would have been a disaster!!

lost 3-2 to spurs!! scored 2 in the last 4mins!

why couln't i have just got one earlier as well!

created 13 chances against spurs as well and had 53% possession just their strikers bent and keane just too good really! but tactic looks good.

Archived