Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

Yeah, I suppose once you get that reputation the money will come in handy. I thought something like that might happen with Nani. Sod's law I suppose!

You would think Bolton would have more money but in reality it's about the same tbh. I'm not sure who to root for when you play Bolton... nah joking ofc I want you to win! icon_wink.gif

I'm done for the night will be on again tomorrow, see you then! icon_smile.gif

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Night mate! i will be on tomorrow sometime im sure!

Got a good well earned 2-2 draw with villa

Just drawn halifax or bury in the fa cup 3rd round.

and now for the bolton game and just for Matt key highlights :p

Coming live from the Reebok Stadium (i think they should rename it the Reebok Arena) with your commentators Tom ha! I am bored! but anyway...

Bolton Currently Bottom of the Premiership, and with Oxford sitting 12th should be a good game Bolton haven't won this season in 15games..

Line ups

Bolton

GK - Boaz Myhill

DR - Gretar Rafn Steinsson

DL - Leroy Fer

DC - Abdoulaye Meite

DC - Paul L FerMcShane

ML - Kevin Thomson

MR - Alou Diarra

MC - Joan Verdu

MC - Arnold Mvuemba

FC - Christian Benitez

FC - David Nugent

Oxford

GK - Anthony Scribe

DR - Possebon

DL - Guilherme

DC - Jack Hobbs

DC - Obama

DMC - Miki Roque

AMC - Gael Kakuta

ML - Karim Ait Fana

MR - Emil Salomonsson

FC - Vincent Acapandie

FC - Sabrin Sburlea

Kick Off!

2 mins - Possebon Sent Off! - Sabrin Sburlea replaced by Damien Da Silva

12 mins - Nugent Scores - Bolton 1-0 Oxford

Half Time - Very uneventful first half hopefully the second half will be an improvement

Vincent Acapandie replaced by Kaimar Saag

Second Half Kick Off

55 mins - Joan Verdu injured - Ioannis Amanatidis replaces him

57 mins - Saag Scores! - Bolton 1-1 Oxford

62 mins - Kaimer Saag injured - Nathan Delfouneso replaces him

- Gretar Rafn Steinsson replaced by Jeffrey Gouweleeuw

72 mins - Christian Benitez replaced by Nicolae Dica

92 mins - Kevin Thomson Scores - Bolton 2-1 Oxford

Full Time icon_frown.gif

Ha that was fun lool!

that was very dissappointing though got very angry with my side. but i feel it was all down to Possebon being sent off in the 2nd minute!

hope you enjoy that matt! will do a repeat at the Kassam!

haha cheers. just look how bad bolton do without a world class manager like me or you!

did the double over united icon_biggrin.gif another 1-0 win!

still 12th after 21 games! also had a great 2-1 win over liverpool but then 6-0 defeat against Chelsea, which was a shame.and a 2-2 draw against Leicester. so i am picking up points and its all looking good for me staying up!

How you doing Matt?

Well done mate! I knew you'd improve and it's great you did the double over United! icon_biggrin.gif

Only played two games since I last updated, been experimenting with tactics a bit. Tried the winning tactic (both 3.0.2 and 4.0.0) against Histon but it didn't work:

Oxford 0-0 Histon

Next match against Drolysden for the first 20 minutes I tried 'Newcastle home of he tactics and training forum and went 2-0 down after 20 minutes. I then changed to an unorthodox 4-1-5-0 tactic and:

Drolysden 2-4 Oxford (Estrada (2), Salomonsson, Faria) icon_biggrin.gif

So gonna carry on with this tactic for a bit!

ah cool. i use the west ham tactic that i use with every team i find it to be pretty successful.

finished 13th! not bad! kept drawing games towards the end n losing last min goals which really irritated because if i hadnt conceded those goals i would have picked up an extra 10points and i would have finished 9th! but never mind im happy with 13th!

ill let you know what ido in the transfer window. doesn't really look like many better players are interested but we will see

Okay, I cba typing loads atm so I'll just do some screenies:

bspjan2008gi1.jpg

oxfordsquadstatsjan2008ms6.jpg

oxfordtacticjan2008po6.jpg

Hope that all worked!

So yeah, really pleased with the start I've made but the BSP isn't too challenging tbh.

Through to the 4th round of the Setanta Shield, 2nd round of FA Trophy (vs Weymouth) and the third round of the FA Cup (vs Sheff Wed). In the FA Cup I've already beaten Doncaster in the 2nd round so hopefully another shock is on the cards...

Can't think that I need to buy anyone cos all players are doing well. No-one really jumps out at me as to who I might want to buy either. Just a question, quite a few contracts of the 'original' squad are expiring at the end of the season: would you recommend keeping anyone in particular?

So all is well atm. Whether it continues that way is another matter...

ah im liking it mate, that faria guy looks pretty good! how old is he? i think hes retired on mine.

just in july at the moment, making some signings ill update once i have finished. shouldn't be too long! got some more players interested though icon_biggrin.gif

only lost 1 well done! i lost 7 all season only got 101 points.

i have a bit of a dilemma i have just signed Tales, so not sure i need another AMC but i have had a bid for Galvan accepted for only 4.3million so i could get him and another player. but i also have a bid for Felipe the Santos GK accepted for 10million so that would be all my money gone. so not sure whether to do it or just stick with scribe? what do you think?

Scribe is averaging just under a 7 every season i have had him. my assistant says he is playing close to his full potential. i dont know whether to use FMM to have a look.

for attacking midfilders i have Eden Hazard who has been pretty good and Samuel also Ait Fana and Kakuta sometimes play there along with my kid regan Nelio so not sure i really need him but im not sure because i need goals...

If it was me I would get Galvan cos Scribe looks good enough for you (PA 158 fyi) and then you're not putting your eggs in one basket and can get other players with the money leftover. Galvan is a -10 so guaranteed to be fb.

Btw, Faria is 30 atm in my game, so he may have retired at your stage yeah.

ah okay has scribe got a set pa? i just had a little peak, 170 on mine. (turns off FMM) i hate that program is spoils my game but i just wanted to know.

yeah i think im going to go for galvan and have a look at getting a cheaper Gk or just wait a season.

i have some bids in for defenders as well so hopefully i can get a couple of players in.

He's probably a -9 or something. Yeah, I don't particularly like FMM either but it's good for some things.

Just played Sheff Wed in the FA Cup and I continue my giantkilling run:

Oxford 2-1 Sheff Wed (Harsanyi (2))

I'll just try and get as far as I can in all the cup competiions cos it seems the BSP is in the bag... icon14.gif

Right its still August but i don't think i should be doing too much more unless someone comes in for an offer for one of my players.

here are my Transfers:

scr1b365b63jv4.th.jpg

and this is my Squad now. just asked assistant to pick team as i need to look at it a bit more.

scr1b36dd65zy8.th.jpg

what do you think? Europe?

Europe definitely a possibility mate. Some excellent signings. Quite impressed that you managed to get Galvan for so little, especially as he should be pretty well developed by now, but I suppose Cruz Azul aren't the richest of teams!

Drew Sunderland or Ipswich in the next round at home again so another money spinner hopefully! icon14.gif

Galvan was at Chivas and i bid and got rejected and he got unhappy with his manager so i got him for that price icon_biggrin.gif

never had levazzi so im not sure about him but people rave about him on here and i thought if he aint great than 5mill isnt alot for a striker. but hopefully. played 3 games so far..

Oxford 1-0 Arsneal (Saag)

Villa 3-0 Oxford

Oxford 0-0 Man Utd

so not bad. Villa have this striker Andreas Weimann, always scores 2 goals against me! only 22 in my game so very young at start.but looks good. i will certainly be picking him up next time i start.

Torre i remember him, always scoring but then i sign him and nothing!!

see the Chelsea score tonight icon_biggrin.gif 6-1 woop! easy. Lampard 4goals!!

few new results (might as well post them as im posting anyway, i enjoyed them lol.

West Brom 0-1 Oxford (Miki Roque)

League cup 2nd round - didnt really play a weakened team as i dont really have any reserves other than trasnfer listed players.

Bournemouth 1-4 Oxford (Sahar 2, Levazzi, Obama)

Well done mate, selling for profits is always handy! Some good results also.

Good results for Bolton today with Derby and Birmingham losing and Middlesbrough drawing with a dodgy penaly against them. But we've got to win our own games as well!

haha yeah you do! does derby losing really matter lol :p

just had a shocking result 3-1 defeat at home to sheff utd!

so so far very mixed set of games. Tales got his 1st goal in that match though. don't really know what my best team is yet rotating a lot!

Chelsea now!! i need some more goals only 2 in 5 league games. not too good really!

Chelsea 2-5 Oxford (Acapandie, Obama, Sahar, Aquino, Lavezzi)

Great result i said i needed goals :picon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Yeah I multitasked by watching the Spurs game and playing on FM. Can't say I wanted either team to win tbh but Jenas is an idiot. When he should have smashed his penalty he just lobbed it for a fairly easy save. And now Bolton are officially the only English team in the UEFA... unil tomorrow that is, can't see us getting through tbh. icon_frown.gif

As for FM not much interesting has happened really. Few easy BSP wins (Salomonsson is dynamite at free kicks for me) and drew 0-0 against Sunderland at home in the FA Cup so it goes to a replay. Harsanyi's been red hot lately too and is now joint top scorer with Faria. Finances are surprisingly good: have £1.42 million balance somehow! icon14.gif

ah coool. yeah i love salomonsson. just changed tactic to see if i can improve a bit. just giving it a few games. could completely ruin my season though but is a risk iwill have to take.

yeah bank balance improves loads really quickly its brilliant!

im off to bed now mate ill catch up with you tomorrow night.

ahh unlucky never mind 5th round is pretty damn good! ive been making a player guide for myself and for this site for people to download. i haven't finished it at all yet. but i was just wanting someone to have a look and tell me if it is any good and where i can improve on it to make it easier to read or more information. have a look. cheerrs mate.

http://files.filefront.com/Player+listwps/;9815226]player guide[/url]

Okay, very successful first season if I do say so myself:

bspendseason1ul4.jpg

Just about sneaked through then! icon_razz.gif

Also very successful in cups:

FA Cup: 5th Round (v QPR)

Setanta Shield: Winners (v Rushden)

FA Trophy: Winners (v Stevenage)

Here are the stats for my squad:

oxfordsquadstatsendseasdz0.jpg

Star players were Harsanyi and Estrada really, although everyone did very well.

For transfers I try and get loans from bigger teams again cos not many better players are interested tbh.

Overall tho, bring on League Two! icon_cool.gificon14.gif

ah well done mate! you did a lot better than me 1st season! i haven't won a trophy yet icon_frown.gif what tactic are you playing?

i see you didn't play ledgister alot. he was a good player for me but i didn't have another amc so salomonsson played there with Ledgister out right.

oh and i trying this on rapidshare let me know if it works. http://rapidshare.com/files/99593441/Player_list.wps.html

i added to it ignore the players without the informaton next to them. cheers mate

List is fb, some players I've never heard of in there and that's great! Also I like the idea of colour coding for each price range. The text is good as well, not too much but you still get a good idea of what each section has. icon14.gif

One point tho. I understand why you've split it into lower leagues and any team cos you won't have many players in some leagues and more in others but I think i could be clearer. Maybe do one section for BSP, BSN and BSS, one for League 1 and League 2, one for Championship and one for Premiership. I wouldn't woory about the different sections of these leagues bh cos if you're trying to avoid relegation you can always look at players from the league below (eg, Prem strugglers look at Champ shortlist etc). Also, some players could overlap (eg, Salomonsson in all leagues from BSP to Championship). Give me a shout is you don't understand. icon_smile.gif

Some more players for BSP, and mayb higher (I'll report back), lists:

Adilson (DLC/MLC, Unattached, 32 years, Brazilian)

Guy Melamed (SW/DC, Unattached, 27 years, Isreali)

Paul Tierney (D/WBL, Blackpool, £4k, 24 years, Irish)

Seyfo Soley (DC/DM, Unattached, 27 years, Gambian)

Johnaton Estrada (AMLC, Envigado, £6k, 24 years, Colombian)

Leandro de Oliviera (AML, Unattached, 24 years, Brazilian)

Rodrigo Faria (AM/FC, Unattached, 30 years, Brazilian)

We'll have to wait and see which of the higher leagues they can cut it in.

I'm using the same tactic as before with no changes to the default team instructions: I haven't needed to change them tbh! icon14.gif

I'll check some of those new players out thanks mate! icon_smile.gif

ah thanks mate icon_smile.gif it took me a while to do that. ill look into the different sections i could split it up into the lowest leagues i have been able to buy the players in. i will probably do it its just having the time to do it. i thought the colour coding would be a nice touch and save alot of people time and effort typing every player in when with the colours they know what price range it is in.

if i can i will start a new game and buy some of these players i am tempted (after oxford obviously) to start a game with a club from each division give them alot of money and buy a load of players to see how they cope in the leagues.

but that will be one for when i have some time off work haha.

ooh thats cool then, you not using a usual tactic for you then? i changed to this - you may have seen it on the forum.

scr3067663wk3.th.jpg

as you can see im 8th, not doing badly but 10 points off 6th though!!

trying to buy this regan i have never been able to find a great regan but here is one!!

scr306bef6se3.th.jpg

and my scout found him i was shocked lol!

had a peak on fmm he has a pa of 199!! CA 157 which is more than alot of my players are playing at atm. hopefully i get him should be a star!

Wow that regen is amazing! Snap him up before any of the really big clubs do!

Not seen that tactic before tbh but it looks interesting. Will check it out if things go wrong with the one I'm using atm. Cheers!

Thanks for the transfers as well should be useful. Ait Fana does look pretty good and so does that Dutch winger Schouw or whatever, definitely a prospect. Saez, Diouf and Samuel also look good but their price is a bit steep for me atm. Will put some bids in, cheers mate!

Oh well done btw, top half would be a fb finish. icon14.gif

cheers mate. yeah hope so. Racing Club want 11million but i cant afford it and once i bid 6million PSG and other clubs have bid so im sure hes guna leave now icon_frown.gif which is terrible!

just beaten fulham 6-1 in the cup so into 5th round of FA cup i think for the 1st time! but now i have Arsenal! and i just beaten Chelsea 2-1 in the league icon_biggrin.gif

do you use the corner tactic in your game mate?

i use it too. to be honest the computer seem to score more from corners than me anyways!! every game if i concede one will be from a corner!

also i never score freekicks. which really irritates me obama has 19 freekicks but does nothing with them unless they get deflected.

im not great on the tactics side of the game really. i get a tactic and if it works i stick with it. i fiddle with the mentality but thats about it really. unless im really struggling. but i should do a bit more i think. not sure what though.

right first season, you can either stick with some of the ones you got or just sell, you need to replace every positionreally. i will post my transfers.

Get yourself a parent club as well. and a few loans, will hoskins, maybe also look at a few posts up ypresfr posted his side have a look at a few of them. scr332dfe5lv0.th.jpg

glad to have another body in here! hope you have as much or more success than me! keep us updated as much as you can mate!

oh and when i say replace every position i mean by league one. some of the players will be good enough to last you. ledgister, quinn, day and clarke were good enough for me. but ypresfr sold some of those so up to you mate, just i would take any other you get for most of the players just aslong as you can replace the positions though. loans are your best bet.

definately get in Emil Salomonsson!

Archived