Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jus do playable english bsp. then load players from france, romania and scandinavia i would say

Emil Salomonsson and Esmir Sabic are sure fire bets for the BSP. and then loans loans and more loans get a parent club and then you are sorted forthe bsp look around the romanian and french lower leagues for some bargains! charles Devineau Ludovic Mary both great! also Marc Kalenga!

Hey guys another update for you

Well all is going swimmingly in the Premiership, half way through now, currently 8th with 9 wins 4 draws and 6 loses. Ive scored more than anyone else and only Burnley have conceded more. Only 3 points off 5th with a game in hand. I'm still using the kimz tactic.

Best signing has to be Ched Evans on loan scored 19 in 19 and is the top scorer in the league. Had a disappointment in the cup losing 4-1 on pens to Cardiff in the 2nd round and have Chelsea in the FA cup.

Also at the start of the season I was offered the England job and took it. Have Holland, Sweden and Greece in my group for Euro 2012.

For anyone starting out you must get Michael Coulson from Barnsley scored goals at all levels for me right from BSP to the Premiership.

my.php?image=oxfordunitedbr8.png

There you go ypresfr

Just something I'd like to ask is. At the start of the season I got £29.5m for television rights though my bank balance never went up. Will this money go in gradually over the season, at the end or never and its a bug?

I had a balance of about £9m and the board gave me £21.5m to spend. Cant imagine the board giving me that kind of money to spend with out the £29.5m

I'd have preferred to have the cash in one lump sum and spend it all. Another problem I have is players don't want to come because of the training facilities. The board are upgrading these and added about another 3500 seats to the stadium still too small for the Premiership though.

Get ready for a screenie avalanche: it's Matt's end of season report!

cccendseason4ot7.jpg

4 seasons, 4 promotions, 4 three figure point totals! Yawn..... icon_wink.gif

More interestingly, guess who won the Prem? Derby!!! icon_eek.gif

oxfordsquadstatsendseasoe3.jpg

Ganea, Ganea, Ganea!!!! And the rest weren't too bad either! icon_biggrin.gif

Tom, Obama has gone and Scribe has hardly played so I figure there's no point doing them. Anyway...

sanromanstartofseasonhd7.jpg

His stats have hardly improved but there was no danger of dropping him: immense all season. 9/10

bernardostartofseasonja3.jpg

Discipline showing improvement and mountains of assists contribute to another fantastic season. 9/10

Some transfer activity already. Angel di Maria has gone for, wait for it... £20 million!!! So obv I now need a fb replacement. I've narrowed it down to: Daniel Carvalho (£16 mill), Niko Krancjar (£10 mill), Balazs Dzsudzsak (£11.5 mill), Ashley Young (£9 mill), Sylvain Marvaeux (£8 mill), Abdou Razack Traoré (£4.25 mill). What do you think?

What odds on Oxford for the Premiership title next season??? icon_biggrin.gif

i would go for Traore personally! great player!

well done matt! how do you do it! any chance of you uploading your tactic so i can download it please icon_smile.gif if you cant no worries

san roman and bernardo both look good! and over 50 goals again for ganea icon_eek.gif mate im jealous lol!

Jonny - the tv rights money is throughout the tseason i think when you play your matches on tv you get some!

okay mate cheers icon_smile.gif

still on Newcastle ended up finishing 5th!! so just going to try to win this bet then will try your tactic out with oxford! will also try it against bigger teams with newcastle as my tactic is very attacking with them!

cheers mate.

so biggest fm achievement yet then mate? haha

haha i hope you do mate!!

and i hope at somepoint in my fm time i will get there too! keep me updated with your transfers this season mate. ill try help you choose players where i can lol most will probably be regens though

cool mate cheers for the tactic! trying it out now! just loaded up my Oxford game icon_smile.gif

yeah i know i dont expect anything straight away but should be alright as it worked for you if it dont work your players are better than mine lol!

hopefully will be okay though!

got Plymouth and then Coventry in JPT so bit of a crappy time to change tactics but never mind

nice mate not bad at alll!

just beaten Plymouth 3-1 at home! goals from Ganea and 2 from Sburlea! and now Coventry at home 1st leg of South Final of JPT

Mate do you have any advice of Team Talks?

i think that may be a serious downfall of mine! just said "I Expect a Win" before the Coventry game and ended up with a scoreline of

Oxford 4-0 Coventry (Obama 2, Tavares 2) at half time

My Half time team talk "I Don't expect your performance to drop"

Full Time

Oxford 4-2 Coventry

annoys me how im cruising but mess up!

good win though icon_biggrin.gif

Shaky start unfortunately. Afetr 8 games : 2-4-2, sitting in 10th but only four off the playoffs. Defense is rock solid, 5 conceded, but not scoring much yet, only 6.

That guy Sabic is a rock, took him for free and picked up a gem in goal. Austrian Oliver Kalogeridis, 17 aerial ability, 12 handling, not bad for the BSP. Looking a bit french though, got four of them. Anyway will report back with better news soon... i hope.

DiscoStu, hi mate!

1) Def get a parent club, brilliant source of loans.

2) Loans, loans, loans! They're key! Look at Premiership and Championship reserve teams.

3) Definitely get Emil Salomonsson and possibly Esmir Sabic. Also look around the lower French leagues for gems.

DL: Adilson (Free), Paul Tierney (Blackpool), Loans.

What leagues have you loaded mate?

Good luck! icon14.gif

Leagues I've loaded (Top league only unless stated):

Brazil

England (Blue Square North/South)

France

Germany

Italy

Holland

Scotland

Spain

Also loaded all players from Brazil, England, Finland, France, Sweden and Norway.

Tried to get a parent club but the board couldn't find any. Tierney rejected my loan offer, but I am trying to buy him as the filter says he would be interested. Which Adilson did you mean? Have you got his full name? I'm really struggling to find DL's, and have none atm.

RE. Tierney, I meant to sign him permanently and then look for other loans. Sorry mate can't tell you Adilson's full name os he's retired now. He was a Brazilian DLC, MLC on a free transfer and he was about 31 or 32 iirc. Sorry, that's all I can think of atm.

Shame you couldn't get a parent club: they really help. Guess you were just unlucky. icon13.gif

oxfordtransfersseason5od2.jpg

These are my transfers for the Premiership season ahead. I've also got Nicolas Millan coming on a free in January. It's mainly been replacing the players sold with cheaper alternatives.

This is the squad:

oxfordselectioncrisisseyo0.jpg

Terry Roberts (GK)

Paul Christie (DC, DM)

Magno (DC)

Francisco Hernandez (MC)

Morgan Gerrard (AMRLC, FC)

Daniel Jose Farias (ST)

Wellington (ST)

I'm thinking (First team/Second team):

GK: Joao Carlos/Scribe/Roberts

DR: San Roman/Para

DL: Mattock/Eron

DC: Pellerano/Magno/Sall

DC: Dervite/Christie/Sall

MR: Lulinha/Gerrard

ML: Troare/Bilyadetinov

MC: Galvan/Wilshere/Hernandez

MC: Bernardo/Torres/Hernandez

FC: Ganea/Farias

FC: Wellington/Lupoli

What do you reckon?

Got a good result against Man City, won 2-0 but lost 4-1 to Man Utd as expected really. Also beat Bristol City 3-0 in the League Cup. Went for the England job but the FA gave it to McLaren!!! Some people never learn... so I got the Argentina job instead.

haha nice. should find some gems in argentina then!

i hope you stay up i finished 12th 1st season in prem and you have better squad just need to gel and get used to playing the big teams and you will be fine! (won prem with newcastle in 2nd season and league cup, uefa cup aswel icon_smile.gif )

come on oxford!!

hows wellington doing?

Archived