FM08: Official Liverpool Thread

Originally posted by Liam =D:

I have just downloaded the demo and started with Liverpool. I have played AC Milan and won them 3 - 1!!! Torres got sent off in the third minute for elbowing Nesta in the face!!! In my next game I played Benavento. We won 3 - 0, I then signed Adriano on loan till the end of the season and he scored a hat-trick on his debut against Treviso and the first goal he scored was his first touch of the ball in a liverpool strip. He replaced Torres who is out for a week with concussion.

did you pay any money towards adriano

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm. What to do?

6 games in i'm 1-5-0.

My 2 main signings are Quaresma and Marcelo as well as about 7 or 8 youngsters like Kroos and Hamsik.

I've sold Sissoko and Riise and still have 22mil to spend.

But anyone got any tips as to how to improve my 1-5-0 start? Am already 14 points behind Chelsea with 2 games in hand.

Most annoying thing so far is i was after a decent young CB and i got a bid of 9m rejected for Zapata and a 7.5m bid rejected for Tasci and then when i decided to search for Kompany (I initially thought he'd go for way too much) he had already been sold for 10m.

Very frustrating.

Originally posted by Sin City:

Most annoying thing so far is i was after a decent young CB and i got a bid of 9m rejected for Zapata and a 7.5m bid rejected for Tasci and then when i decided to search for Kompany (I initially thought he'd go for way too much) he had already been sold for 10m.

Very frustrating.

For CB get either Breno for 3.5m (release clause) or Ezequiel Garay for around 7.5m- also get a good striker like Pandev or Owen or Adriano who can all be bought for around 10-14m each

Originally posted by jwsicssix:

Leto, Anderson, Insua & Lucas are all absolute class. In my second season they are all playing like demons icon_biggrin.gif

Chris Z - Leto was a bit patchy first season, I ended up rotating Aurelio & Riise there.

Yea leto has juz been playing for the reserves for me.will give hi ma run out in the cups i guesd as kewel has been doing well, so has benayoun

What position do u play lucas in anyway guys? as a dmc?

I rotate Mascherano & Sissoko as the DMC's - My formation has an AMC with a Barrow to CM. This is where Gerrard plays, I rotate him with Lucas. Lucas's creativity is a bit of a waste at DMC when you already have 2 world class players like masch & sissoko.

Originally posted by jwsicssix:

I rotate Mascherano & Sissoko as the DMC's - My formation has an AMC with a Barrow to CM. This is where Gerrard plays, I rotate him with Lucas. Lucas's creativity is a bit of a waste at DMC when you already have 2 world class players like masch & sissoko.

oh i play him like alonso as a deep lying dmc with cretivity set to high

currently i feel pool had too many gd cms . found it puzzling to see mascherano as a player we have bough as irl hes still on loan

Have juz sold kewell for 4.1 with add ons. have abt 14 mil to splash in the 2nd window. so was thinking of getting a real good left winger.

so its either capel who looks brillant and worht a snip at 10.5 mil or menez who has been in great form but lyon will only sell him for 20 mil..

I have sold Agger for 2 million up front with £30 million to follow and Alonso for 9 million up front with £40 million to follow in addition i have sold Kuyt, Finnan, Voronin, Sissoko, Pennant, Crouch, Benayoun, Arbeloa, Aurellio, Leto.

I have bought Maxi Rodriguez, Mattia Cassani, Michael Woods, Matias Fernandez, Henri Saivet, Patrik Lomski, Mika Aaritalo, Anthony Scribe, Micah Richards, Marcelo (from R.Madrid), Robert Pires, Nicola Legrottaglie and Fabrice Muamba

Currently 2nd with 50 points from 24 games. I am £20 million in the red but that should sort itself soon due to the £3 million per month I am receiving in transfers each month for the next 2 years.

Up the reds!!!

Hi all,

wow, its been a long time since I have posted on here. Probably a year or so haha! I get the urge when i get the game to see what everyone else is doing.

Nice to see a few familiar names about. Hope you are all well.

Tried a liverpool game on the demo. was TOUGH. Bought Marcelo for left wing and he was excellent. that was about it. Steve Sidwell at xmas for 1.3m - nice present.

anyways,

think you def need good cover for Reina. Itjande...? hmmm.

Also, things started very well for me. was in top 2. then goals totally dried up and i was losing stupid games. sounds similar to RL.

EVERTON 1 - 2 LIVERPOOL

Thought id drop that in.

Anyways,

anyone got any advice on a best formation for this 08 version? I have never used the 442 Diamond but kind of tempted now.

Let me know,

Matt

Guest stanster69

I sold Carragher to AC Milan for 18m, they offered 8m and I put it up to see what they said.

Im not sure if this is career suicide considering our CB situation. I did get Kompany though for about 9m

finished 2nd in my first season about 10 points behind Man Utd.

Real Madrid have offered silly money fpr cassani who i only had for one year so i bought Alves for £30 million to replace him at right back. Spent about 6-7 million on youngsters recommended by my scouts.

started the 2nd season very well. playing 451, creating loads and have got the defence sorted team is as follows:

GK - Reina

DR - Alves

DC - Carra

DC - Micah Richards

DL - Marcelo

MR - Gerrard

MC - Muamba

MC - Lucas

AMC - Matias Fernandez

FC - Torres

Subs from:

Maxi, Pires, Babel, Hyypia, Carson, Costil, Anderson, Mascherano, Insuia, Saivet, Legrottaglie

Originally posted by matt_mcm:

Hi all,

wow, its been a long time since I have posted on here. Probably a year or so haha! I get the urge when i get the game to see what everyone else is doing.

Nice to see a few familiar names about. Hope you are all well.

Tried a liverpool game on the demo. was TOUGH. Bought Marcelo for left wing and he was excellent. that was about it. Steve Sidwell at xmas for 1.3m - nice present.

anyways,

think you def need good cover for Reina. Itjande...? hmmm.

Also, things started very well for me. was in top 2. then goals totally dried up and i was losing stupid games. sounds similar to RL.

EVERTON 1 - 2 LIVERPOOL

Thought id drop that in.

Anyways,

anyone got any advice on a best formation for this 08 version? I have never used the 442 Diamond but kind of tempted now.

Let me know,

Matt

Gd to see ya again mate! yea its that time of the season again to be an FM addict , haha.

hmm, thought marcelo was a fullback, didnt know he will come gd as a winger. Perhaps u can get a better left winger as leto doesnt seem that gd to be honest.

U could try a 4-3-3 seems to work with mentality set to attacking

The transfer window has just finished. I bought Van der Vaart, Marcelo, Prso (free) and Pires for £23 million. I sold Sissoko, Voronin, Aurelio and Pennant for £22.5 million.

I have qualified for the champions league group stage winning 7-1 on aggregate. I have won two of my three premiership game. I lost to Wigan 1-0 becuase Gerrard and Van der Vaart got sent off.

My team:

GK: Reina

RB: Finnan/Arbeloa

LB: Marcelo/Riise

CB: Agger

CB: Carragher

MR: Pires/Benayoun

ML: Babel

MC: Gerrard

MC: Alonso/Lucas/Mascherano

ST: Torres

ST: Kuyt

Originally posted by Robert_296:

People are saying it is easier to sign players on fm 08. How do you do it? I haven't been able to.

ok so... you go to a player. go to Make Offer... choose how much you want to offer. and wait and see...

sorry ;-)

keep an eye on chelsea for some of their rejects.

I thought sidwell for 1.3mill was awesome.

Originally posted by theboydonegood:

Real Madrid have offered silly money fpr cassani who i only had for one year so i bought Alves for £30 million to replace him at right back. Spent about 6-7 million on youngsters recommended by my scouts.

started the 2nd season very well. playing 451, creating loads and have got the defence sorted team is as follows:

GK - Reina

DR - Alves

DC - Carra

DC - Micah Richards

DL - Marcelo

MR - Gerrard

MC - Muamba

MC - Lucas

AMC - Matias Fernandez

FC - Torres

Subs from:

Maxi, Pires, Babel, Hyypia, Carson, Costil, Anderson, Mascherano, Insuia, Saivet, Legrottaglie

So 4-5-1 still gets you the goals?

have you got your MR and ML pushing forward much?

Wasnt sure about playing Marcelo at DL cause of his poor tackling.

think ill look at this Cassani fella and also Matias Fernandez.

Fingers crossed.

PS - anyone bought a decent back up for Reina for a sensible price? or just stick with Itjande?

i just stick with Itandje.

I got of to a really good start to this season but now I cant win at all.

EXACT same happened to me.

goals dried up entirely and then i got very confused and couldnt decide on my best team or who i wanted up front.

also...sissoko, mascherano or alonso?

I sold Sissoko and I rotate Alonso, Mascherano and Lucas with Gerrard and Van der Vaart. I think I have one too many good centr midfielders as i paid £15 million for Van Der Vaart and he hardly plays because I cant fit him in, who should I sell?

personally, Gerrard has been woeful for me. but ill take the blame for that with tactics no doubt being the problem haha!

id sell alonso or mascherano. Mascherano has the tackling and work rate so i like him. but i cant seem to get my formation right.

think im gonna try, flat back 4, 3 CMs, AML and AMR and one striker. see how that works for me

my team

played 21...won 16 drawn 5 lost 0

gk reina(bouzanis has played a few too and been top class)

rb barragan(i bought him back for 475k and replaced finnan from start and fans love him coz he is consistantly good)

lb riise(solid)

cb barzagli(BUY HIM NOW...immense)

cb agger

dm mascherano or lucas

dm sissoko

mc gerrard

amr quaresma

aml babel

fc torres

arrrghhhh, 10 games to go and i'm only 2 points clear- i was 10 points then i lost to chelsea and wigan and drew with middlesborough

the AI keeps on figuring out myt tactic- i won 10 games in the row then lost 2 in a row then i went 13 games unbeaten and then lost 2 and drew 1- i need a consistent tactic

Originally posted by matt_mcm:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theboydonegood:

GK - Reina

DR - Alves

DC - Carra

DC - Micah Richards

DL - Marcelo

MR - Gerrard

MC - Muamba

MC - Lucas

AMC - Matias Fernandez

FC - Torres

Subs from:

So 4-5-1 still gets you the goals?

have you got your MR and ML pushing forward much?

Wasnt sure about playing Marcelo at DL cause of his poor tackling.

think ill look at this Cassani fella and also Matias Fernandez.

Fingers crossed.

PS - anyone bought a decent back up for Reina for a sensible price? or just stick with Itjande? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bought benoit costil for 500k seems ok but still a bit young for back up in 1st year.

4-5-1 after much tweaking is doing really well. have the ml and mr and amc on high creative freedom. the amc and one of the mc's have forward runs on often meaning they are always breaking beyond the lone striker.

finished 2nd in first season am doing well in 2nd season after around 10 league games.

I also play with 2 amcs and only one mc if I am playing a team i am a lot better than and that seems to get more emphatic results altho i havent really tried it against a bigger team as yet.

try using puds 433 tactic its pretty gd... tweaked it to the liverpool way... i find it weird that babel is a right winger as the lad is a natural left winger..funny..

hence looking at diego capel..any other better left wingers out there for less than 14 mil?

Originally posted by Chrisz:

try using puds 433 tactic its pretty gd... tweaked it to the liverpool way... i find it weird that babel is a right winger as the lad is a natural left winger..funny..

hence looking at diego capel..any other better left wingers out there for less than 14 mil?

for puds 433 do u need a target man cos by strikers (owen, pandev, torres) are all the fast type

Try and get guardado for deportivo but since he just signed for them he might not want to leave

Jeremy menez from monaco is a good buy for around 10m

Downing you could get for around 8m

Or schweinsteiger at the beginning of the game if u unsettle him

Originally posted by johnpeet:

my team

played 21...won 16 drawn 5 lost 0

gk reina(bouzanis has played a few too and been top class)

rb barragan(i bought him back for 475k and replaced finnan from start and fans love him coz he is consistantly good)

lb riise(solid)

cb barzagli(BUY HIM NOW...immense)

cb agger

dm mascherano or lucas

dm sissoko

mc gerrard

amr quaresma

aml babel

fc torres

hold on...where is carragher?

Play Ryan Babel on the AML position. As he cuts inside and uses his right foot to smash some home, scored 5 for me so far.

Im into October and im still unbeaten icon_smile.gif

Premiership

10222007165228xo4.th.jpg

Champions league

10222007165531ay5.th.jpg

Drawn 2 times in that competion. Away from home against Fenerbache in Qualifying, and against Dinamo Kiev in an abo****ly freezing Kiev.

Any way, im going pretty strong up to now, all the Midfield playing fb together, strong at the back icon_smile.gif as you can see from my Prem and Champs league Goal Against Tally, and Fernando doing well on his bill up front icon_smile.gif.

Keep ya's updated :p

I'm going to try to recreate a Brazil 1970 tactic with the Reds.

I think they have a lot of the players for it.

4-2-4 (4-2-2-2 AML with sarrow to ML, AMR with very offensive instructions). Holding winger, Rise, 2 creative DMs, Gerrard on the right pushing full forward.

Eventually i'd like to have offensive DCs who could attack a bit with maybe 3 FCs. A real technical team with speed and finishing.

Anybody have any suggestions how such a team should be set up? Am i going in the right direction?

Originally posted by Lvpool:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chrisz:

for puds 433 do u need a target man cos by strikers (owen, pandev, torres) are all the fast type

Try and get guardado for deportivo but since he just signed for them he might not want to leave

Jeremy menez from monaco is a good buy for around 10m

Downing you could get for around 8m

Or schweinsteiger at the beginning of the game if u unsettle him </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

u need not have a target man but crouch makesa gd foil if u play him as a target man too to cary ur tactics

tried to get guardado but hv put a bid for 12mil but still rejected.. menez will only come if i offer 20 mil!! thats ridiculous!..downing for 12 mil too...madness!!

found a great rb, cassani... stats wise he looks great, sadly bought this lad bosingawa, real fast but not fantastic

Originally posted by Lvpool:

WOOHOOO......... Just won the Premiership in my 1st season..beat arsenal 2-1 to secure!!! icon_smile.gif

Liverpool Rule---Jehrome what is LSTB?

icon_eek.gif as if, he created last years thread

anyway, the 2 players i needed (CB and LB) were Steve Taylor and Marcelo, the latter being freakin amazing, actually picking him over Riise on most occasions

And ive just got past transfer window

In's

Hilario - Chelsea - 1m - GK

Played crackingly well so far, wanted to bring in a replacement GK and then when Reina got injured pre-season and Hilario started the premeirship he played real well, except last match where his former team beat us 3-1

Steve Taylor - Castle - 6.5m - DC

Played OK, nothing exceptional but up to scratch, good aquisition(sp)

Damien Le Tallec - Rennais - 275k - AM/FC

Loaned him straight out, just wanted to bring him to his brother tbh

Henri Saivet - Bordeux - 450k(comp iirc) - ST

Kept him here as a back-up, not played yet but hope when he does he is decent

Marcelo - Madrid - 5.5m - D/WB/M L

As i said earlier in post (well last post) cracking buy, scored a fantastic free kick too

David Simao - Benfica - 50k - MC

Just liked a few of his stats, got passing at 15, he is 17 btw and some other high stats, gonna re-train im as a DM i think

Genero Zeefuik - PSV - 300k - ST

Got some fab stats, he is well known obviously but i never thought of getting him until i saw somebody mention him

Out's

Le Tallec - Loan

Zeefuik - Loan

Archived