FM Personality Guide

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the response Lyssien. I definitely noticed a difference when tutoring my promising youngsters - in terms of development and like you said I my have to strike a balance between Loyalty and Ambition.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any idea what I should do with 2 of my young full backs who both have very low sportmanship? The personalities are unsporting and realist. The tutors I could assign to them are fairly professional and resilient and have slightly higher detemrination and influence. I guess it's almost impossible to tell what will happen but it doesn't hurt to ask.

If your tutors do not have any obvious weaknesses (doesn't like the big matches or something) I would try to go with them. If your young players are unsporting, tutoring them will not make them more unsporting. Their sporting attribute will almost certainly increase, but you will never be sure by what amount. If you want to be sure you will have to sign someone who is "honest", "fairly sporting", "sporting", "model citizen" or anything else where high sportmanship is known to tutor your youngsters.

• 3 months later...

The drop down list that you can select from is usually populated by players who are deemed 'similar' to the youth. Generally, this is anyone who is accomplished in the same position as the youngster.

The drop down list that you can select from is usually populated by players who are deemed 'similar' to the youth. Generally, this is anyone who is accomplished in the same position as the youngster.

yes , but let's say I have a yougster who is AM and I have in my team 5 AM, in the drop down list is just one of that 5 AM, so it is not like I can choose from those 5. I can just to agree the one assigned or not. Is there another way to assign another player for that youngster in the game menu????

yes , but let's say I have a yougster who is AM and I have in my team 5 AM, in the drop down list is just one of that 5 AM, so it is not like I can choose from those 5. I can just to agree the one assigned or not. Is there another way to assign another player for that youngster in the game menu????

If another player's not available it could be because he's already tutoring, or because his squad status is too low.

No I dont think so. There is only one player in the world who should have all the hidden mental attributes above 17 imo..and thats is Maldini icon_smile.gif

He should be a "Model Citizen"...

There are very few Born Leader personalities in the game, as well. I know Raul and possibly Maldini have it, but I don't know of any more off the top of my head.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
There are very few Born Leader personalities in the game, as well. I know Raul and possibly Maldini have it, but I don't know of any more off the top of my head.

on my file joao moutinho is charismatic leader, that is the first time i have seen it.

A very good post, has anyone thought about listing all the player personalities and then listing what best fits that personality for tutoring purposes? i know it would be time consumming and most of them would be common sense but think it would come very useful

• 1 month later...

I had one which was 'past it' and it said that the player should be given a hotel room on the ground floor due to his tendency to fall off balconies.

I think it was probably aimed at a New York Cosmos-era George Best, but in this case it was one of my 15-year olds.

I had one which was 'past it' and it said that the player should be given a hotel room on the ground floor due to his tendency to fall off balconies.

I think it was probably aimed at a New York Cosmos-era George Best, but in this case it was one of my 15-year olds.

It's one of the SI's staff in the game. They appear as regens. Try searching 'faceinthegame' and scout them, and you'll see a lot of funny personalites... :D

Is it possible to tutoring players from beeing an unambitious player to an proffessional/resolute player? Done step by step over years..

Has anyone found out which attributes you affect with tutoring:

-Role modelling?

-Learning?

-Aproach to game?

Can a player be a "role model" for a younger player despite having less determination than him?

Can a player be a "role model" for a younger player despite having less determination than him?

The tutee's determination WILL drop; therefore, you'd want to follow this tuition with being tutored by a player with higher determination to bring it back up. I only ever set up a tutor relationship like this if the tutor's DET is 1 lower, maximum.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I tried to translate this very interesting list in french in order to share it with the french community. Unfortunatelly, the translation isn't always obvious so I decided to use FMRTE and deal with the attributes to quickly find the accurate word used in the french version. For example, an obvious one : Loyalty = 5 & Ambition = 20 = Very ambitious = "Très ambitieux" in french. I thought it was going to be easy ... but it wasn't.

I've found out that several "definitions" (see OP) weren't really accurate or even sometimes were just incorrect.

I restarted the test from the beginning, using a "test player" of average attributes in order to find the correct boundaries. As the list has be done in 2008, I guess a few things have evolved since then. Here's what I've found from now on.

I've retranslated from french to english to share it here, I hope there are no translation mistake :

Ambition: linked with Loyalty

Unambitious: < 6 ???? DO NOT WORK

Fairly ambitious: 15 or 16-20 + Loyalty 10-20

Ambitious: 15-19 + Loyalty 1-9

Very ambitious: 20 + Loyalty 1-9

Loyalty: linked with Ambition

Fairly loyal: 15-17 or 18-20 + Ambition 8-14

Loyal: 18-19 + Ambition 1-7

Very loyal: 20 + Ambition 1-7

Devoted: Loyalty = 20 & Ambition = 6-7 ??? DO NOT WORK

Determination: Linked with Ambition

Easily Discouraged: 1 ???? DO NOT WORK

Low Determination: 2-5 ???? DO NOT WORK

Fairly determined : 15-17 or 18-20 + Ambition 1-9

Determined : 18-19 + Ambition 10-20 or 15-20 + Ambition 1-15 + Professionnalism 15-20

Motivated : 20 + Ambition 10-20

Professionnalism: Linked with Temperament and/or Determination

Slack: 1 + Determination < 10 ???? DO NOT WORK

Casual: 2-4 & Determination < 10 ???? DO NOT WORK

Resolute: Determination = 15-17 & Professionalism = 15-17 ???? DO NOT WORK

Fairly professional: 15-17 or 18-20 + Temperament 1-9

Professional: 18-19 + Temperament 10-20

Model professionalism: 20 + Temperament 10-20

Sportsmanship: Linked with Determination

Unsporting: 1 ???? DO NOT WORK

Realist: 2-4 ???? DO NOT WORK

Fairly fair play: 15-17 or 18-20 + Determination 10-20

Fair Play Sporting: 18-19 + Determination 1-9

Honest: 20 + Determination 1-9

Influence: Linked with Determination

Leader: 19-20 + Determination 1-19

Born leader: 20 + Determination 20

Pressure: Linked with Determination

Spineless: 1 & Determination < 10 ???? DO NOT WORK

Low Self-Belief: 2-3 & Determination < 10 ???? DO NOT WORK

Resilient: 17-19 + Determination 15-17

Iron Willed: 20 + Determination 15-17

Others (they usually have the priority over the one quoted above):

Driven: Sportsmanship 15-20 + Pressure 15-20 + Temperament 10-20

Jovial: Professionalism 1-10 + Pressure 15-20 + Temperament 10-20

Spirited: Professionalism 11-17 + Pressure 15-20 + Temperament 10-20

Perfectionnist: 18-20 for Determination, Ambition, Professionalism

Model Citizen: 18-20 for Determination, Ambition, Professionalism AND 10-20 for Loyalty, Pressure, Professionalism, Temperament, Sportsmanship

Balanced: All the others

Temperamental: Temperament 1-4 ???? DO NOT WORK

Here’s the list of all the personnalities that didn’t work:

Devoted: Loyalty = 20 & Ambition = 6-7

Easily Discouraged: Determination = 1

Low Determination: Determination = 2-5

Slack: 1 + Determination < 10

Casual: 2-4 & Determination < 10

Resolute: Determination = 15-17 & Professionalism = 15-17

Unsporting: Sportsmanship = 1

Realist: Sportsmanship = 2-4

Spineless: Pressure = 1 & Determination < 10

Low Self-Belief: Pressure = 2-3 & Determination < 10

Temperamental: Temperament = 1-4

Does anyone know which attributes come into play for the "missing" personalities? I've already tried several like Temparement, Determination and a few others but I just can't find them back.

Or else, if you found some players with what I call "missing personalities" (ie slack, realist, temperamental, etc.), please give me their name and I'll try to find what is missing myself.

Try investigating newgens with the relevant attributes.

I don't think it is about newgens or "real" players, it's about finding players with a personality for which the attributes are yet to be defined.

The attributes given by Lissien in 2008 might have worked for FM08 but aren't correct any more for FM10. Especially for those ones :

Devoted, Easily Discouraged, Low Determination, Slack, Casual, Resolute, Unsporting, Realist, Spineless, Low Self-Belief, Temperamental.

I have corrected the others when needed.

If you find players with one of these personalities (no newgens), please let me know (their name) and I'll try to find out the attributes.

Does anyone know what stats an arrogant player needs?

Is "arrogant" considered as a personality? Do you have the name of a player related to it?

The reason I mentioned newgens is that I've heard - and this may or may not be true - that real players weren't given bad personality descriptions even when their attributes matched them. So you'd never find (for example) Spineless among the real players, even if they did have Pressure = 1 and Determination < 10.

ETA: Let's investigate specific players. What personality do you get for Paul Codrea (Romania, Siena)?

I don't think it is about newgens or "real" players, it's about finding players with a personality for which the attributes are yet to be defined.

The attributes given by Lissien in 2008 might have worked for FM08 but aren't correct any more for FM10. Especially for those ones :

Devoted, Easily Discouraged, Low Determination, Slack, Casual, Resolute, Unsporting, Realist, Spineless, Low Self-Belief, Temperamental.

I have corrected the others when needed.

If you find players with one of these personalities (no newgens), please let me know (their name) and I'll try to find out the attributes.

Is "arrogant" considered as a personality? Do you have the name of a player related to it?

Well I don't know any, but on FM09 I had an arrogant regen

The reason I mentioned newgens is that I've heard - and this may or may not be true - that real players weren't given bad personality descriptions even when their attributes matched them. So you'd never find (for example) Spineless among the real players, even if they did have Pressure = 1 and Determination < 10.

You might be right on the fact that no "real" player were given bad personality, it's quite difficult to find out. What I've discovered while "checking" different players is that they have whether "Description" or "Personality" in their personal informations.

I don't know which words are exactly used in the english version but it must be quite the same. "Description" stands for the relatively unknown players. The adjective used is usually "Normal" or "Unknown" (whatever the real personality is).

"Personality" can only be seen if the player as a good reputation (international players for example), is a member of your team or has been supervised.

So it is all the more difficult to find obscure players with bad personalities (as they are usually fairly unknown). I don't think it's a newgen particularity though. It's just that their attributes are fixed randomly so you are really more likely to see good or even excellent players (newgens) with crappy mental stats (what never happens for the "real" players).

ETA: Let's investigate specific players. What personality do you get for Paul Codrea (Romania, Siena)?

I've supervised (observed ?) this player and his personality is set to "Balanced".

In FMRTE i saw this :

Adaptability is 18 (but seems to never give any special personality)

Pressure (1) & Determination (5) don't "create" a spineless personality (remember : Spineless: 1 & Determination < 10 = DO NOT WORK)

His bad note in Temperament (3) doesn't give him a temperamental personality neither (ie : Temperamental: Temperament 1-4 = DO NOT WORK)

All the other attributes are average : Loyalty, Ambition, Sportsmanship (10) & Profesional, Controversy (12).

Influence is set at 8.

CA/PA is 124/145.

Reputation is 3844/6200/6820

My guess is that there might be other attributes involved. Or else, it's just that these personalities aren't used anymore (that's one of the reasons why I'm asking for help).

Do you have something different in your game for this player?

EDIT : Oh damn, you're right!!! I've made new tests on a newgen and the bad personalities "appeared" like in a magic trick!

Temperamental: Temperament 1-4 works fine.

I'm gonna check the other ones to make it clear but that's a really surprising news (and totally illogical). There are a few "good" ones left anyway ...

After a new range of tests on newgens for the "bad" personalities, I can confirm this (I've corrected the notes & attributes when needed) :

Unambitious : Ambition = 1-6

Devoted: Loyalty = 20 & Ambition = 6-7

Easily Discouraged: Determination 1

Low Determination: Determination 2-5

Slack: Professionalism 1 + Determination 1-9

Casual: Professionalism 2-4 + Determination 1-9

Unsporting: Sportsmanship = 1 + Determination 11-17

Realist: Sportsmanship 2-4 + Determination 11-17

Spineless: Pressure 1 & Determination 1-9

Low Self-Belief: Pressure = 2-3 & Determination 1-9

Temperamental: Temperament = 1-4

This work ONLY with newgens.

This one is still undefined (but doesn't belong to the "bad" list):

Resolute: Determination = 15-17 & Professionalism = 15-17 ????

If you know a player with this personality, please let me know! :)

I started a new game and Pique is "Ambitious" with the following attributes :

Ada: 16 - Amb: 18 - Loy: 8 – Pres: 15 – Pro: 14 - Sport: 17 – Temp: 12- Con: 11

==> ambitious (Amb: 15-19 + Loy : 1-9)

+ Determination = 16 & Influence = 14

Lyssien gave "Resolute" = Determination 15-17 + Professionalism 15-17. The notes fit to Pique but not the adjective found in-game.

I've tried several other possibilities with FMRTE on Pique plus tests on a newgen but I can't find this damn "resolute" personality ! :(

It switches to "driven", "jovial" or "spirited" depending on the attributes modified but never on "resolute".

I must have missed something ...

I have a couple of players on 'resolute'...

Corluka

Ada: 13 - Amb: 14 - Loy: 15 – Pres: 13 – Pro: 16 - Sport: 17 – Temp: 15 - Con: 8

Determination = 17 & Influence = 13

Afellay

Ada: 9 - Amb: 17 - Loy: 12 – Pres: 13 – Pro: 16 - Sport: 17 – Temp: 11 - Con: 3

Determination = 15 & Influence = 16

Kameni

Ada: 16 - Amb: 18 - Loy: 12 – Pres: 10 – Pro: 16 - Sport: 15 – Temp: 13 - Con: 12

Determination = 16 & Influence = 11

Shelvey

Ada: 13 - Amb: 16 - Loy: 15 – Pres: 13 – Pro: 15 - Sport: 15 – Temp: 8 - Con: 2

Determination = 16 & Influence = 10

For Pique, he fits into the "Ambitious" and "Spirited" personality, which takes precedence over his "Resolute" personality. Try lowering his ambition and pressure stat to below 15, perhaps his resolute nature will show.

Anyway, I looked over personnel with "resolute" personality in my game and found one regen, who has 18 determination but listed as resolute. Reason is because he has 9 for ambition, which moved him out of the "determined" personality.

I have a couple of players on 'resolute'...

Thanks for the list.

I've checked the 4 players with the usual procedure : I launch a newgame, send a scout to observe the players then check the personalities.

All 4 were "Determined". :(

As usual, I modified the attributes in order to find "resolute" but failed again. Lowering the ambition or the pressure leads nowhere.

The only trend I see is : Profesionalism = 15-17 & Sportsmanship = 15-17 (what Lyssien gave in the OP actually).

Maybe Pressure, Ambition, Influence : 10-14 & Determination = 15-17 ?

I've checked a lot of possibilities, on "real" and newgen players and it is still going nowhere.

In FM Genie Scout, "Resolute" appears among other adjectives (in the scout reports) when Decision = 15-20.

I've made some tests on this attibute (even if doesn't seem to be used to "create" the personalities) without success (again ...).

I'm starting to wonder if there is an Ingame factor that can explain this phenomenon.

Let's check again what Lyssien said in the OP :

Often, a player may be eligible to be described by more than one personality descriptions. In this case, you are still going to see only one description. As a rule, Professional> Determined> Realist> Resilient> Light-Hearted> Spirited> Resolute> Jovial. What is to the lft, takes precedence. This means that if a player is both Realist and Spirited, in the game he is going to be described as "Realist".

From what I've seen from now on, that seem to be pretty correct.

If I follow this logic :

Determined = Determination 18-19 + Ambition 10-20 or Determination 15-20 + Ambition 1-15 + Professionnalism 15-20

And : Resolute (Lyssien's definition): Determination = 15-17 & Professionalism = 15-17

How the hell can "Resolute" appear then?? Is it about tutoring? Morale? Reputation? I tried to increase both, nothing "shown".

Winning a competition? What else?

Corluka and Kameni are not tutored at all.

Their decisions are Corluka - 14, Kameni - 13, Afellay - 12 and Shelvey - 14

Bosi - Regen

Ada: 9 - Amb: 15 - Loy: 13 – Pres: 13 – Pro: 16 - Sport: 18 – Temp: 13 - Con: 5

Determination = 17 & Influence = 14 Decision - 12

O.Jansson

Ada: 16 - Amb: 14 - Loy: 13 – Pres: 12 – Pro: 16 - Sport: 15 – Temp: 16 - Con: 12

Determination = 15 & Influence = 7 Decision - 17

From what I've seen from now on, that seem to be pretty correct.

If I follow this logic :

Determined = Determination 18-19 + Ambition 10-20 or Determination 15-20 + Ambition 1-15 + Professionnalism 15-20

And : Resolute (Lyssien's definition): Determination = 15-17 & Professionalism = 15-17

Determination 15-20 + Ambition 1-15 + Professionnalism 15-20 will not likely to give you a determined personality. Reason is because Professionalism takes precedence over Determined. You will be more likely to see Model Professional, Professional, Perfectionist, Driven or Fairly Professional.

I find it bewildering that you can't find any resolute personalities around. It is uncommon but not as rare as you deem. If you manage a big club, just go to your player search panel in scouting. Do not filter out any players, go to "Views/Scout-Main", if you have some scouts roaming the world, you will see that the personality is available for scouted players, just do a sort and you will see all of them.

Archived