The Scottish Clan

Rosco Van Nistelrooy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Spiders Web

This session was very disapointing from a Spiders point of view, we welcomed Albion Rovers to Hampden and it seemed to be the same old story of players forgetting the basic fundamentals of football McLean and Diack hit a brace with Brannigan getting the only spiders goal.

Final Score - Queens Park 1 - 4 Albion Rovers

It was off to Forthbank stadium as we looked to put the Albion Rovers fiasco behind us but it wasn't to be as sloppy defending and **** poor finishing cost us dear.

Final Score - Stirling 2 - 1 Queens Park

Links Park and recently retired Jeff Duke's Montrose were the hosts and overwhelming victors in the one sided affair, not much positives from the game despite the performance from our youth team goalkeeper Thompson although looking at the score line you wouldn't think so.

Final Score - Montrose 3 -0 Queens Park

Artur Correia recieved a call up to the full Angolian side in the only good news this session.

We welcomed Peterhead as we looked to atleast take a point from the game, missed chances proved to be our downfall as Peterhead ran out victors.

Final Score - Queens Park 0- 1 Peterhead

Raydale park home of the bottom side Gretna i felt we should have been able to take 3 points from this game but Fairburn popped up to put the homeside ahead before 2 goals in the space of a mintue from McAdam and Georcelin put us ahead going into the break, not much after half time Fairbarns 2nd of the game was the only real chance as the points were shared.

Final Score - Gretna 2 - 2 Queens Park

1 point in 5 games is not good and there have been rumours flying around about my future but i feel if we can get to the window transfer window you'll see a host of changes and i still feel a mid table finish is more than expected.

Until next time fans i wish to thank you for your support in this bleak period but i'm sure we will rise from it all the stronger.

Gary Toner

Early retirement for Elgin boss icon_frown.gif

I'm afraid I have to retire as Elgin City manager icon_frown.gif

I have a new job working 5-10 mon-fri so would be late every session which isn't fair to everyone else or someone else in the waiting.

I know i've not been the most reliable this time but honostly, through no fault of mine. Although you may just have to be me to believe my recent luck!

I have enjoyed my first competitive cm netgame and hope the league continues well. Hopefully in the future I can make it to games, and will re-apply.

Thanks to all the lads in the game, its been good!

Sorry again,

Martin aka SleazyBoy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by t_i_n_o2001:

_Early retirement for Elgin boss icon_frown.gif_

I'm afraid I have to retire as Elgin City manager icon_frown.gif

I have a new job working 5-10 mon-fri so would be late every session which isn't fair to everyone else or someone else in the waiting.

I know i've not been the most reliable this time but honostly, through no fault of mine. Although you may just have to be me to believe my recent luck!

I have enjoyed my first competitive cm netgame and hope the league continues well. Hopefully in the future I can make it to games, and will re-apply.

Thanks to all the lads in the game, its been good!

Sorry again,

Martin aka SleazyBoy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good Luck in yer new job Martin it was a pleasure playing with you this year. In the test game your record was the worst i have ever seen of any champer on line. You played 35 and won 2 lol! you never moaned or gave in despite taking pelters, and thats why it was felt u deserved a chance to play in this years Clan game. Despite your dodgy isp, You certainly showed that you have ability and fitba acumen in the way you managed Elgin in the Clan game.They are almost certain to finish top 6 this season and are now in good hands. If yer circumstances change yer welcome back any time you know where we are.

Rosco icon_frown.gif

### THE SHIRE TRANSFER INVASION ###

The transfer window is now open! Proof that no transfer movement exists was well and truly thrown out the window as no less than 22 players decided that East StirlingShire Football Club was the place to be. Despite all being rejects and misfits at other clubs the new influx to the playing staff would give strength and depth, and add some experience to what was initially a very poor side that we inherited. Rival gaffers may have been taken by surprise at the sudden invasion but gaffer turps Said" We signed that lot for feck aw money as we are totally skint, eight grand changed hands in signing on fees, but we have been busy over the last few months while the rest of the muppetts fanny about wasting time". Incredibly most the new players are on wages under £100 pounds and the Shire squad is now well placed to compete in the season run in and next 13 games. Most the players were either sourced by Shire's Excellent scout Dave Colley or found by gaffer Turps's knowledge of the llm scene.

PLAYERS JOINING FOR FREE IN WINTER TRANSFER WINDOW SEASON 1

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>Tim Murdoch DMC English age 17 - Descent young midfielder signed form English non leagus side Carshalton

David Dodds DL Scottish age 18 - Not Elephant Man! But a descent young full back signde from St Johnstone

Wayne Gill AM/RC English age 27 - Experienced MC great passer ex Blackburn Tranmere and Oldham

Andy Roddie AML Scottish age 31 - Flamboyant Left Winger signed form Dogs Blue Toon as a sloppy

Graeme Thomson DL Scottish age 21 - Descent young left sided full back which are hard to find, signed from Montrose

Paul Kane MR/C Scottish age 37 - Veteran MC signed from Clyde, might be fat but he dont half spray it aboot on a football field!

Ian Bogie MC English age 35 - Veteran MC once described as the poor mans Gazza, ex Port Vale Playmaker with 19 for creativity...nice!

Kevin McBride MC/R Scottish age 19 - Young MC signed form Glasgow Celtic

Brian Smith AMC Scottish age 18 - Young Enthusiastic MC playmaker signed from Arthurlie

Dean Cooper FL/C English age 22 - Young forward signed from non league Bamber Bridge fanatstic technical prospect

Scott Findlay GK Scottish age 19 - Descent young keeper who was on loan, now the move is permanent from Livvy

Lee Collins DMC Scottish age 28 - MC anchorman ex Blackpool and Swindon

Michael Atai GK Scottish age 18 - Signed from the Bairns one for the future

David Wilson FC Scottish age 18 - Young Striker signed from Ross County not physically developed but looks a great young striker

Keith Welch GK English age 34 - Experienced GK ex Northampton and Bristol City, hello shut outs!

Stephen Kelly DR/C Irish age 19 - Descent young full back signed from Spurs

Ashley Edwards ML/C English age 21 - Signed from Morton as one of Coisty's sloppies as team lacks balancee on left side

Gary Ross M/F/R Scottisj age 30 - Signed from Forress Mechanics 18 for passing will add cover for injuries

George Snee SC Irish age 19 - Energetic Striker signed also from Spurs

Mark Crilly MC Scottish age 22 - Young MC signed from ally Shaw's Striling Albion, bring on the sloppies we dont care!

Niel Ruddock SW/DC English age 34 - Experienced DC. RAzor was signed for slicing opponents

Gary Twigg FL/C Scottish age 18 - Powerfull young striker signed from Derby, set to terrorise a defence near u soon!

Firstly on behalf of the Clan I would like to welcome Murray Etherington aka Dundee'Bhoy' to the Clan. Murray has take over at Elgin now that Martin Arthur aka 'Sleazy' has quit the netgame. I am sure Murray will do well, and so far looks to be a worthy addition to our Scottish netgame. Despite the transfer window opening and all the usual frenzy for new players, plus a new clan guy starting we did actually get a few games in last night, and boy were some results were recorded at both ends of the table! Any one can win on theri day and especially at home, as most the teams are taking points of each other left , right and centre! The Shire continued to perform well and improve on previous sessions as they look to distance themselves from the 'duds' at the bottom. No new loans in as yet but the influx of fresh faces gives many new options now compared to before where we were restricted. There is only 13 games to go now, as we now enter the final 3rd of season 1. initally the target was not to finish bottom as at the start the SHire are the worst team in Scotland, but if we can consolidate our position or finish mid table I am sure the board and fans will be happy. heres how the games and results went.....

26.12.02 EAST STIRLING 4 Gretna 0

What a one sided game, in fact watching Gretna and their tactics is a total embarassment, Why rival gaffer Hastie continues to play the same failed formation and system is beyond many. At the start of the season there was not much between the two sides, just goes to show what difference a quality gaffer makes.....

4.1.03 EAST STIRLING 1 Montrose 2 (Scottish Cup 2nd Round)

The Shire crashed out the Scottish Cup Mainly due to a great double strike by on loan trose striker marvin Robinson. The Derby youngster impressed the Shire so much with this display that he was promptly signed on a bosman...hehe!

11.1.03 Montrose 0 EAST STIRLING 2

Two First half strikes by young on loan Rangers starlet Stuart Maclean clinched the points for Shire despite being reduced to 10 men early in the 2nd half as new DC Razor Ruddock sliced down a Trose muppett. Great away win and a gutsy performance. Trose were rumoured to be unveiling their new manager next session so next time a harder game would be expected.

15.1.03 Queens park 2 EAST STIRLING 0

Under pressure Spiderz gaffer Gaz Toner is scrapping for his managerial career and the fantastic signing of Norweigan starlet Christer George was the much need impetus as he scored the winner to send Shire Shire back home with no points. Well done Gaz , I hope ye can turn it around soon and save yer bacon from the evil spiderz web.

18.1.02 EAST STIRLING 3 Morton 0

"Morton are a 1st Division team", those immortal words were very sweat as lowly Shire gave the bigger boys a total going over. Ton were utter shocking like their big time charlie manager Pete Abraham. Three early goals stunned the glory hunting visitors and from there on Ton chased the game desperately trying to claw back a result. Ton's David Brightwell was dismissed late on and typified the pathetic away teams performance as they lost their discipline. You should chuck it now Peter! If ye canny win with the best team in the division what chance have ye got...pffft!

I Want More

This is what I wanted from my fifers as we needed to start realising our potential going into the latter stages of the league and still being in a good position to cause a shock. Penalties were once again high on the agenda as 5 were awarded in the 5 games during the session. I'm not moaning that my team is being discriminated at as we have actually been awarded the most in the league but the refs are utter pi$h.

League duty beckoned as managerless Montrose visited New Bayview (which featured in a QOS question today icon_cool.gif) where they were unlucky to go down to 2 cooly converted penalties by on loan middy Lee. We dominated the game but the fact that it was 2 pens will annoy away fans.

our next 2 games were both trips to Cappielow and the first saw us fall to shocking referring as Derek Collins was allowed to convert 2 horrific penalties which has all Morton could muster against our strong defence. It was a shame we couldn't create enough at the other end.

Morton won the next affair with the same 2-0 win but this time they deserved it as Alex Williams ran the show. It was dissapointing because we can compete with the top sides but don't seem to want to do it regularly enough.

Elgin complete with new manager came a calling and sheepishly ran away with 1 point which they blatantly stole from underneath our noses. We totally dominated this game and took the lead early doors through youngster Batchelor. We then had a number of chances to wrap it up but our strikers attempted to take the pi$h which they are simply not good enough to do and they received a rollocking for it as Elgin grabbed a gammy equaliser with their only decent shot of the match.

There was 2 things to parade at new bayview before the match v Queens Park. First was Chris Nicol's 2nd Manager of the Month award which proves he is the undisputed manager of the division and the 2nd was new signing in the 17 year old young danish midfielder with a big Danish name. This boy looks class and despite their not being a place in the team for him just now with Grondin and Lee there you can count on it that this lad will make an impact sooner rather than later.

As for the Queens game, well we wrapperd it up early with goals from deuchar, a lee pen and Rutkeiwicz. Gaz Toner made a few changes in the 2nd half that seen them cause a little threat and they grabbed 2 goals to give me a scare in the last 10 but they were unable to complete the comeeback and we were in a similar postion that we have been for the whole season. I'm frankly getting bored with mid table and I think it won't be long before we give the fans some excitement and challenge for 2nd place either that or we will have to hover above Jim Hasties Gretna and pretend we could finish bottom like the bokkies thought.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevethedog:

Chris Nicol's 2nd Manager of the Month award which proves he is the undisputed manager of the division<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha well done, Although it is perplexing why you have acually won two awards when others have been more deserved! In real life the monthly awards are delegated by a sponsors panel mostly consisting of pundits, ex pro's and managers. it is fair to say that the awards are generally dished out all around during the season, and may not generally convey the true picture in the division. This is true, take the SPL for example. Martin O'niel and Big Eck dont win the Manager of the Month awards all the time , they are shared out. Maybe the sponsors just felt sorry for you Chris, as they know ur just a looser at heart and East Fife are a backwater club..... icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:_26.12.02 EAST STIRLING 4 Gretna 0

Why rival gaffer Hastie continues to play the same failed formation and system is beyond many.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get yer facts right **** face, I played various tactics to no effect. Concentrate on your squad and I'll concentrate on mine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:_26.12.02 EAST STIRLING 4 Gretna 0

Why rival gaffer Hastie continues to play the same failed formation and system is beyond many.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get yer facts right **** face, I played various tactics to no effect. Concentrate on your squad and I'll concentrate on mine.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

After a long period of time Rosco at last draws a bite out of the usual cool Jimbo, pressure naah you just cant win anything with kids these days icon_wink.gif

More Tears at Greetin Gretna

Another session another set of drubbings we played 5 games and the kids from Gretna never even managed to score 1 single goal. The Gretna gaffer played various formations and line-ups during the session but no improvement on the field was seen. In some games we never even had a shot on goal never mind a shot on target icon_eek.gif

Despite making about 50 bids for players during the session not one new face arrived, the wage structure just will not enable me to improve this squad icon_frown.gif with the players I want. During the session one manager mentioned that he was £6k under is wage budget of £22k, loud gasps were heard down Gretna way as their Total wage budget is a miserly £5k. We will struggle on and uncalled for comments from other managers only make Gretna more determined to turn things around. If I'm still in a job next season then maybe an influx of new players will start some upward league movement. This isn't a sprint after all. icon_smile.gif

For the record the results were as follows:

Gretna 0-4 East Stirling

Gretna 0-3 Berwick (Scottish Cup)

Gretna 0-5 Albion Rovers

Gretna 0-3 Peterhead

Gretna 0-2 Stirling

Upwards and onwards as they say.

MLC

icon_cool.gif

PS - There are many things you can blame the testers for but not my predicament.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

loud gasps were heard down Gretna way as their _Total_ wage budget is a miserly £5k. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow that much the Shires total wgaes are under £1k. I am sure ye can change it around Jimbo with your experience. Turps nows exactly the feelling when things are not going well. Killie were turned round in the last Clan game and the Shire were locked on the bottom earlier in the season. I am glad u have yer running shoes on icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

loud gasps were heard down Gretna way as their _Total_ wage budget is a miserly £5k. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow that much the Shires total wgaes are under £1k. I am sure ye can change it around Jimbo with your experience. Turps nows exactly the feelling when things are not going well. Killie were turned round in the last Clan game and the Shire were locked on the bottom earlier in the season. I am glad u have yer running shoes on icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Turpie for the chop!!!!! How many players did you just bring in? Your wage buget must be about 9k over the limit!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

East stirling gaffer is a pure Tosser!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by coisty:

Turpie for the chop!!!!! How many players did you just bring in? Your wage buget must be about 9k over the limit!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

East stirling gaffer is a pure Tosser!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

9k? as i just said above that its under 1k a week, do u not read posts Peter? That is less than Eddie Annands' weekly wage you glory hunter! And two of the players i signed were aff of you so I actaully did u a favour! I might be a pure tosser but at least i did not loose 3-0 to what was the worst team in Scotland at the start of the season......

Ur big time charlie's will get found out sooner or later. Your poor leadership at Cappielow has not gone un noticed in the Greenock CM fraternity. There are loads of Morton fans who play CM ready to fill ur soon to be vacant boots...well according to the Masiano bros anyway.... icon_biggrin.gif

i must admit the maisano brothers might just single handedly send the Blue Toon up this season.

Alex Holligan would like thank Coisty for providing the backbone to the Peterhead team for the combined fee of 7k.

Your generosity is really appreciated mate icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dogs:

i must admit the maisano brothers might just single handedly send the Blue Toon up this season.

Alex Holligan would like thank Coisty for providing the backbone to the Peterhead team for the combined fee of 7k.

AHHH but the Maisano bros have instuctions that they will carry out towards the end of the season! You see, When you thought I was being generous I was actually holding back a cunning plan!

In all honesty, both the Masiano brothers could not get into my side which says a lot about Peterhead icon_biggrin.gif

Your generosity is really appreciated mate icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whilst my wage budget is £5k my wages are only £3k, plenty room for more players - I would be surprised if you are only paying out £1k a week as your 35 transfer window signings must have raised it a wee bit icon_wink.gif

SKYSPORTS NEWS: BREAKING NEWS MURRAY ETHERINGTON UNVEILED AS NEW ELGIN BOSS

After the shock retirement of former manager, Martin Arthur, Elgin City have reacted quickly, if somewhat bizarrely, to replace him with U15 Second Team coach of Elgin High School, Murray Etherington.

Etherington was quick to praise his predecessor for the squad that he has inherited and the position that the team current holds in the Third division. “I didn’t really know Sleazyboy – however he was reputed to hang around the school a lot – but I have to say that the squad he has formed in his short tenure at the club is impressive. Obviously I want to assess the squad further and put my signature on it, but with the loan allocation for Elgin exceeded this season and East Stirling having signed most of the available players it will be tough.†When pressed about the fans reaction to his appointment he was quick to point out his successes “Look I have won the U15 Highland League Reserve division for a record 12 times and we have won the McDouglas’s Highland Shoppie Cup so I believe that I have the right credentials for the job.†He also dismissed the Daily Record’s report that he was a key member of the Largs Mafia and that they had “strong armed†the Elgin board into this move. “Rubbish, absolute rubbish. I think Jim Traynor has been watching too many episodes of the Sopranos†he quipped.

ELGIN EVENING NEWS:

EYE ON ELGIN CITY: MANAGER MONTHLY

Hello readers,

This is my first article for the Elgin Evening News and hopefully not my last! As some of you may know I am the manager of Elgin City FC and I have been asked to write a few words on the last months action for our local paper. A local paper for local people by local people about local issues.

Well my first game as Elgin boss got off to a great start against Stirling, with a very solid performance at Borough Briggs. Subiat was the hero with an excellent 2 goal haul and the future for the Black and White’s looked to be in safe hands. Elgin 2 Stirling 0. This “feel good factor†was to follow us into the Scottish Cup Second round tie against Forfar. A dominant performance saw us take an early lead from an own goal, however into the second half and we looked as though we were going to rue some missed chances when they equalised with a quick breakaway. This scoreline lasted less than 60secs though as straight from kickoff we marched down the field and Subiat slammed the ball into the back of Loons’ net. Forfar 1 Elgin 2. The draw for the next round was made and like most of the third division managers a pairing with one of the Old Firm was high on the agenda. Fortunately for us we were the lucky ones with a tie against Glasgow Rangers due for next month at Borough Briggs. However some bad news followed the Scottish Cup victory with young midfielder Fraser Bremner being ruled out for 2 months with knee ligament damage. I am sure that you will join me in wishing Fraser a speedy recovery.

After the initial good run were brought back down to earth with an almighty thump – or should that be an almighty thumping. We went to Hampden, with hope and purpose; unfortunately for us we had left our shape at home. A terrible match around for the Black and Whites with us being out shot, out passed and out played by a rampant Queens Park. I also want to again apologise for my outburst at the end of the game – it was wrong of me to suggest that the ref was a “toolâ€, however I stand by my statement that my boys were “utter pishâ€. Queens Park 5 Elgin 0. After this defeat I brought the guys in for extra training and spent a lot of time working with the defence as well as sending my scouts far and wide. But no matter where the scouts went it looked as though they were usually 2 days behind East Stirling’s – and they claim that only Rangers and Livvy try to buy titles. However we did manage to procure the services of Thompson a very promising young right back who signed on a free from Dundee Utd.

We went to East Fife for the next game, still licking our wounds from the humbling by the Queens, but things still did not seem to improve too much. We were lucky to be only one down at half-time and nothing was getting created in the middle of the park. We had one chance though and what a chance, a fine strike into the top corner salvaged a point for us. I read with interest East Fife manager, Chris Nicol, claim that our goal was “gammy†(I assumed he meant “Jammyâ€) but either way it was an injustice. Obviously Chris was hurting that his side seemed to want to showboat rather than finish us off but it is goals that count and not style – this isn’t “Come Dancingâ€. East Fife 1 Elgin 1.

Our final game of the month saw us back home for the first time since the 2-0 victory over Stirling. With the fans starting to rally round the side and the town centre in festive mood with the influx of Sky TV revenue for the big game against Rangers I was in positive mood for the game against Peterhead – a northern derby. Once again though the team flattered to deceive. We seem to be having real problems in the defence at the moment and Peterhead took real advantage of this. Rest assured the boys know exactly what I feel about this and after 2hours they emerged from the dressing room with my words of wrath still ringing in their ears. Elgin 0 Peterhead 3. A poor result that sees us 2 places further down the table than when I first started – but with a big game against Rangers to look forward too.

The next month will see our scouts sent out to find some summer transfer targets to help strengthen the team. This season's goal must be top 5 finish, but we need to build for the coming season’s where our goal must be promotion.

The Weekly Ton

When asked about ross Tupies stinging remarks Abraham replied "Listen, Turps drools and has to be dressed by care workers every morning, so how can he build an assesment on a quality football side like the Ton? Instead on spending his money on incontenant pants and getting free players along with them he should be more concerned about these player dressing up as Dolly parton and running down streets shouting "We're Turpies B1tch slaves!"

The question of The Maisano brothers arose and Abraham was quick to answer. "I was happy to have such great young talent at the club but the fact that we are trying to get the club out of Debt and they both were on high wage and not really getting first team football at the club, sujested to me they should move on. Though they do leave with instructions to detearate any good Moral that exists within the Peterhead changing room."

Again The Tons adjusting of Tactics has placed a toll on The tons title chances. But the good news is that Abraham thinks he has found an good away tactic in training and will implement it net session.

A trip to Hampden is always a pleasurable experianceunless of cource you are playing the club that plays there. 5 minutes into the game Annand scored from inside the box to put the Ton 1-0 up. And thats it, thats all there happened in what was possibly the most boring game of the season. However, both managers were missing at the game and there Assistants were in charge, which possibly was the answer to such a dire game. full time Queens park 0 The Mighty Ton 1.

The first scottish cup game loomed for Morton against Chris Nicols East Fife. When a East fife defender blatently took a kamikazee lunge at Annand Derek Collins stepped up to convert an excellantly placed spot kick to put the Ton into the next round. Full time The Mighty Ton 1 v 0 East Fife.

A second Home East Fife game fallowed in the a league which saw The game saw Super Williams do what he is good for and score two Fanastic Goals and avoid the East stirling Defencive damn busting tactics. Full time The Mighty Ton 2 vs 0 East fife.

Next game against hurry up and chug . oh sorry, just learnt his real name is actually bod icon_wink.gif. Anyway, his Albion Rovers side visited Cappilow with high hopes but left with a dose of Prunty who cancelled out Mackies strike. Abraham was not happy at Bods tactics. "He got a point, but could only get one by putting a henge man on my two most influencial players. After the game we were lucky to find out that Williams rib injury will only last for 3 days but Fiskin (our play maker) will be out for 3 weeks with his rib injury. Bring back the death penalty! Thats my opinion." Full time The Mighty Ton 1 vs 1 Albion cheaters

A away visit to the mental hospital beconed and without Fiskin controlling the midfield, Abraham had to find some other way to keep East Stirling at bay. Unfortunatly the window lickers somehow found that the ball was supposed to go into the rectangle shaped net thing. And barged there way through to place the ball into the net 3 times in 26 minutes. Abraham changed tactics often during the game to confuse the **** out of the hairy palmed east stirling bawbags and did succed in doing so for the rest of the game, Only thing was, peter found this so amusing that he forgot to get his players to score. Full time East Stirling 3 vs 0 The not so Mighty but very Amussed Ton.

Whilst my wage budget is £5k my wages are only £3k, plenty room for more players - I would be surprised if you are only paying out £1k a week as your 35 transfer window signings must have raised it a wee bit icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

35 new players? i cleary posted above it was 22 ! why dont you count them out jimbo and their total wages? We all know u like to count! Take ur home and away goal difference for example...I seem to remember you had some difficulty with adding some simple arthmetic there lol! maybe you should tune into Seasame Street and get some tips on counting from the 'Count'? maybe get some new tactics from 'Big bird' while yer there icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

Seasame Street and get some tips on counting from the 'Count'? maybe get some new tactics from 'Big bird' while yer there icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't realise that it was required viewing in the Turps household. icon_razz.gif nae wonder you call everybody Muppet's. icon_biggrin.gif

Mr Benn too advanced for you then.

Seasame Street and get some tips on counting from the 'Count'? maybe get some new tactics from 'Big bird' while yer there icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't realise that it was required viewing in the Turps household. icon_razz.gif nae wonder you call everybody Muppet's. icon_biggrin.gif

Mr Benn too advanced for you then.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fraid so, Button Moon and Trumpton is the order of the day when the Shire do their video analysis on opponents. Must be working, as we have gave some teams a right doing lately...Stirling, Morton,Gretna..... icon_wink.gif

Alasdair Shaw's Programme Notes. Thursday 5th June 2003

Dear Supporters,

I hope you all had an enjoyable Christmas. Apologies for the lateness of this issue, however printing dates have been pushed back to accommodate the festive period.

Our last game of the year turned out to be a Boxing Day beating for us as the new Elgin boss Murray Etherington got his side off to winning ways. Indeed, it took just 58 seconds for the new manager to make his mark as Davidson put his side ahead. Subiat’s goal before half time meant getting back into the game was going to be a real struggle but the fact that we failed to convert several chances both enraged me and flattered our hosts.

A final end of 2002 gift came in the form of Nicholas being named the Bells Young Player of the Month, while Petric scooped the Bells Player of the Month for December. Both players have been fantastic all year for us and richly deserve such accolades.

We kicked off 2003 with a Tennent’s Scottish Cup 2nd Round game at Hamilton. We’ve had some excellent cup results against teams in higher leagues and I was confident that we could advance to the next round. Sherry nearly gave the home side the lead, but his goal was chopped off for offside. But the opener soon followed as Clague struck from 35 yards to send us in front. The big striker doubled our advantage soon after and Parker made the score 3-0 when he finished from close range. Russell did manage to pull one back for Hamilton, but it turned out to be another fine cup performance from us, which has been rewarded with a trip to SPL side Livingston in the 3rd round.

I was keen to return to league business and pick up some points and there would be no better place to accomplish this than at our league rivals and leaders Peterhead. It was undoubtedly the match of the day as the two top sides in the league did battle. The match turned out to be a scrappy affair, in which Peterhead dominated much of the possession for the first half. However we had some great opportunities to sneak a win at the end and the fact that the league leaders failed to have a shot on target indicates that we were unlucky just to pick up a share of the points from the 0-0 game. My frustration grew on learning that Morton had won, sending us down to third in the league.

The last time we visited Montrose, we left with nothing after controlling much of the game and history was to repeat itself as once again we succumbed to a defeat. Early goals from Kerrigan and Robinson gave us a mountain to climb, but we battled back into the game and when Law was sent off, we had a chance to get a goal back from a penalty. However Chadbone fired wide and once again we failed to turn our domination into the all important goals.

With these vital points slipping away, we were given a gift in the form of struggling Gretna’s visit. I would accept nothing less than a win over the side at the bottom and Clague rose to the challenge with a looping header to give us the lead with just a minute gone. Clague sealed the win with a second goal, but it could have been much more as we were all over the visitors, who failed to get a single shot on goal.

With the Christmas period behind us, I am looking to get some consistency in our league performances and consolidate a position in the promotion zone. If we can accomplish this, then 2003 will be a very fruitful year for Stirling Albion.

Enjoy the game,

Alasdair Shaw, Stirling Albion FC Manager

[This message was edited by Harry Rag on 08 June 2003 at 14:07.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DundeeBhoy:

We went to _East Fife_ for the next game, still licking our wounds from the humbling by the Queens, but things still did not seem to improve too much. We were lucky to be only one down at half-time and nothing was getting created in the middle of the park. We had one chance though and what a chance, a fine strike into the top corner salvaged a point for us. I read with interest East Fife manager, Chris Nicol, claim that our goal was “gammy†(I assumed he meant “Jammyâ€) but either way it was an injustice. Obviously Chris was hurting that his side seemed to want to showboat rather than finish us off but it is goals that count and not style – this isn’t “Come Dancingâ€. _East Fife 1 Elgin 1_.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gammy is just another word for Jammy. Pete you beat me 2-0 in the cup not 1-0.

Rosco - the backwater club and (record breaking awawrd winning) looser manager has still to be beaten by the mighty shire in 3 encounters icon_razz.gif

They cant Hold it Back - Its a Rovers Attack!

The picture told its own story. After being written off by so called pundits , and fellow managers who have since fallen horribly by the wayside, Albion Rovers and their enigmatic manager Stevie "Bod" McGuinness have hit a run of form unseen before outside of the old firm. 12 wins , 2 draws and only 3 defeats have propelled them into the promotion chase, and their 8-0 demolition of a truly ****-poor Elgin side just served to demonstrate the power they have with a fit squad.

Central to this revival has been striker Charlie McLean , whos 23 goals this season have knocked Stirling's Neal Clague off the top of the scoring charts, and seen a huge rise in the sale of replica shirts bearing his name. Along with "Bod is God" and "Airdrie , Airdrie , Who the F**K are Airdrie" t-shirts , Albion have seen a big increase in their finances this season , a huge amount of which has to do with Bod's prudence in the transfer market. Whilst managers like Turpie have gone insane , signing 20-30 players , Bod has brought in 2 or 3 non league youngsters , and a couple of loan signings , keeping his wage budget for next season when Division 2 will see his managerial skills really put to the test. With Peterhead running away with the league , and Albion's form putting all to the sword , will other managers already be making their plans for NEXT Season in Division 3?

PS : I agree with Rosco , Jimbo's tactics are ****!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

PS : I agree with Rosco , Jimbo's tactics are ****!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can I just mention that although Gretna have only won 2 League games all season one of them was a 4-1 humping of Albion Rovers icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

Whilst managers like Turpie have gone insane , signing 20-30 players NEXT Season in Division 3?!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not insane Bod ! we are working on the basis that there was no sqaud at Shire at the start of the season, this was in fact true as there was not 1 player worth keeping, that is why none of the so-called clan experts were knocking down the Firs park door for a joab! The 22 new players all who are rejects or sloppies form rival clubs. I am glad u are turning it around, and others could do well, taking a leaf out your book. I tipped you as darkhorse at the start, and stand by my prediction as Coisty has been found out as a dud and Ally Shaw does not know how to win away.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Coisty has been found out as a dud <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well there have been revelations that he is actually a life long Blue Toon fan. Selling good players for a knock down price and lying down in a recent game both cases in Peterheads favour.

A dud definaely not, Coisty mate you just keep doing what you're doing icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dogs:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Coisty has been found out as a dud <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well there have been revelations that he is actually a life long Blue Toon fan. Selling good players for a knock down price and lying down in a recent game both cases in Peterheads favour.

A dud definaely not, Coisty mate you just keep doing what you're doing icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif I have a cunning plan!

John and Marko couldn't even get a game for the Ton and there wages were sky high

PS : I agree with Rosco , Jimbo's tactics are ****!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can I just mention that although Gretna have only won 2 League games all season one of them was a _4-1 humping of Albion Rovers_ icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Celtic beat Rangers 6-2 at Parkhead under Jo Venglos , and still won SFA that season.

One result does not a season make dear Jimbo, and as i said to Rosco last night, my mistake was to experiment with formations at the start of the season.

A good way to get ahead is to play with your formations till you win, then stick with it through thick and thin. If your formation gets you beat every single game (when did Gretna last win Jimbo?) then its your formation thats an issue , not your squad.

Ive signed 2 non leaguers and 1 Conference reserve (on loan) , but with a poor squad ive gone on a decent run. It can be done Jimbo , just look at the formations others are using, and learn from it , adapt to it.

If Dogs can kick his way to the top of the division , then hes doing something right which youre not.

Whilst managers like Turpie have gone insane , signing 20-30 players NEXT Season in Division 3?!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not insane Bod ! we are working on the basis that there was no sqaud at Shire at the start of the season, this was in fact true as there was not 1 player worth keeping, that is why none of the so-called clan experts were knocking down the Firs park door for a joab! The 22 new players all who are rejects or sloppies form rival clubs. I am glad u are turning it around, and others could do well, taking a leaf out your book. I tipped you as darkhorse at the start, and stand by my prediction as Coisty has been found out as a dud and Ally Shaw does not know how to win away.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dunno Rosco. Thing is, there was a squad at Rovers , but only from the Midfield forward. There was nothing but Todd Lumsden at the back, and by not being afraid to blood the 16 and 17yr olds , ive developed my Youth Players well i think.

I can verify this by the fact that every cu*t in the league has them on their shortlist. My squad has "WNT" next to them. Most of whom will never have a transfer budger and cannae afford them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If Dogs can kick his way to the top of the division <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My legal people will be speaking to your legal people over this derisory comment. My team has used nothing but sexy football to rise to the summit of the ED3. The laughable comment is made more ridiclous by the fact that the said manager employs mad bonecrusher yardley as his out and out striker icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If Dogs can kick his way to the top of the division <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My legal people will be speaking to your legal people over this derisory comment. My team has used nothing but sexy football to rise to the summit of the ED3. The laughable comment is made more ridiclous by the fact that the said manager employs mad bonecrusher yardley as his out and out striker icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ED3? you wanting to play in Engerland now ? think yer too big for Scotland? I never had u down as a big time charlie dogbreath, You have played some sexy fitba tho....

Celtic beat Rangers 6-2 at Parkhead under Jo Venglos , and still won SFA that season.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll think you'll find that the 6-2 game was under MoN and we won the treble that year icon_biggrin.gif. The game you refer to was the 5-1 game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>ED3? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rumours that the big 2 of the SD3 will be moving to the ED2/3 for the start of next season are unfounded. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>ED3? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rumours that the big 2 of the SD3 will be moving to the ED2/3 for the start of next season are unfounded. icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have been hanging around those UCMIG schoolies too much dogbreath remember where yer fae....Caledonia icon_biggrin.gif

FLOWER OF SCOTLAND

Oh! flower of Scotland,

when will we see,

your like again;

that fought and died for

your wee bit hill and glen;

and stood against him,

proud Edward's army,

and sent him homeward,

tae think again!

The hills are bare now,

and autumn leaves lie thick and still,

o'er land that is lost now

which those so dearly held;

who stood against him, proud Edward's army,

and sent him homewards, tae think again!

Those days are passed now,

and in the past they must remain;

but we can still rise, now,

and be the nation again,

that stood against him, proud Edward's army,

and sent him homeward, tae think again!

Oh! flower of Scotland,

when will we see,

your like again;

that fought and died for

your wee bit hill and glen,

and stood against him,

proud Edward's army,

and sent him homeward,

tae think again!

big_guitars.w133.h250.jpg

One result does not a season make dear Jimbo, and as i said to Rosco last night, my mistake was to experiment with formations at the start of the season.

A good way to get ahead is to play with your formations till you win, then stick with it through thick and thin. If your formation gets you beat every single game (when did Gretna last win Jimbo?) then its your formation thats an issue , not your squad.

Ive signed 2 non leaguers and 1 Conference reserve (on loan) , but with a poor squad ive gone on a decent run. It can be done Jimbo , just look at the formations others are using, and learn from it , adapt to it.

If Dogs can kick his way to the top of the division , then hes doing something right which youre not.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to say tho that I am well impressed with the success you have had at Albion without dipping to heavily into the transfer market. I am constantly looking at refining my tactics but at the moment I am on the downward spiral.

The online game is a tough school and my lack of playing CM4 is certainly being shown up at the moment. The poor stuff right now will only make it sweeter if I manage to turn Gretna around, like you say one result doesn't make a season but also only 2 get promoted and if you don't go up then you and I will still be in SD3 (Dogs icon_razz.gif) and we will all be on 0 pts again.

It's no fun playing 5 hours and not even scoring a goal but hey, it just means things can only get better. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It's no fun playing 5 hours and not even scoring a goal but hey, it just means things can only get better. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats the point, its all about taking part, whether its working for you or not.

Rosco is pretty gallous when he wants , dare i mention that he got the sack with Barcelona in the other spanish game he plays, last week, they only had 60million in the bank icon_eek.gif

I seem to remember when Rosco was pish at cm4, dare i mention that he got the sack with Barcelona in the other spanish game he plays icon_wink.gif last week, they only had 60million in the bank<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Shire are obviously about his level then. icon_razz.gif

Yeraw a bunch of Bawbags i hate u all, I am not playing any more i am not i am not...i am the bestest i play lots icon_mad.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFL icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>dare i mention that he got the sack with Barcelona <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would like to retract the above comment, due to the legal implications involved.

We all know Rosco, there is no way that he could get sacked from the Catalan Giants ever!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Archived