The Scottish Clan

Rosco Van Nistelrooy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Spiders Web

Mixed fortunes this week for Queens Park as we found out that Steven Whittaker would be out for upto 2 months taking our injury total to 16.

League business in hand and we welcomed Stirling to Hampden, despite the injury problems i felt we should have done enough to maybe secure a point but i hadn't counted on the influential Mark Claque as he ran rampant and finally put us to the sword with 4 goals. Final Score Queens Park 0 - 4 Stirling

We traveled to Balmoor park to take on Peterhead our injury problems had came down a little but not enough it's time the physio's started earning there money McAdam put us ahead we a good effort on the 56th minute and it looked to have been enough to secure 3 points until Collins sneaked in a late equliser deep in injury time at the end of the game. Final Score Peterhead 1 - 1 Queens Park.

7th in the league overall in what has been a frantic few months, we will look to build on that and start climbing the table.

Unrest in Gable Endies Dressing Room

After a great start on Monday night with a 5 – 0 thrashing of Gretna thing went down hill steadily. ( I though We were S***t but jim your in serious trouble.

Next up we were back to normal and on the wrong end of a 4 – 1 defeat by Elgin.

Things going bad to worse with a 3 – 1 defeat from Morton.

After the 3 – 1 defeat against Morton my patience finally ran out and I gave Ceri Hughes a bollockin after turning in a poor performance agaist Morton (5), the dressing room is up in arms, Hughes wants to leave along with his Bumchum Housham, and there are a few others that are nae to happy wi me as well. Well we’ll jist have tae see what the night brings, hopefully I’ll still be in charge, who knows.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeffduke:

Unrest in Gable Endies Dressing Room

After the 3 – 1 defeat against Morton my patience finally ran out and I gave Ceri Hughes a bollockin after turning in a poor performance agaist Morton (5), the dressing room is up in arms, Hughes wants to leave along with his Bumchum Housham, and there are a few others that are nae to happy wi me as well. Well we’ll jist have tae see what the night brings, hopefully I’ll still be in charge, who knows.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes Jeffrey you really are a true Amateur icon_biggrin.gif

Remember what happened last time at the spiderz icon_razz.gif

sell ur bum chums to me i will give you very much cheapness icon_smile.gif

Boring boring Arsenal

Boring boring Arsenal.

Well its Peterhead we are talking about here.

Solid at the back but struggling to score goals. Infact i'm struggling full stop lol.

Anyway first game was away to Morton, I was expecting a drubbing here but even the Morton bought ref couldnt falter a solid defensive peformance. An Excellent counter attack goal created by super strachy finished by bone was enough to shut the greenock blackneck support up. Morton are a div 1 team playing SD3 footie and arent div 3 favourites without a reason. They eventually scored a dubious offside goal which the ref through his blue and white tinted glasses allowed. Overall a good point for the blue toon who restricted Morton to only 5 shots.

Next was raith in the league cup, we plugged away, but lost 1-0. In the end the difference in class stood out, although we did bust the back of the raith net only for it to be disallowed.

We managed 2 more games during the session both yes you guess it 1-1 draws against both Queens Park and East Fife. Blue toon in both games getting the majority of the possession and chances but failing to take advantage of these.

Gaffer Holligan is said to start thinking about a more attack minded Alex Ferguson man utd game plan rather than settle for drab point.

So whos next , Rosco's East Stirling, unpredictable but full of passion. They are starting to pick up some form at home. The thrashing of favourites Stirling 4-1 was like a scene from the "Shaw-skank redemption" right enough icon_wink.gif

Holligan however has a few tricks up his sleaves and tend to perform better when treated as the underdog icon_smile.gif

Easy to snipe gentlemen, especially when you're at the other end of the table, eh TURPS? icon_razz.gif

Facts, speak for themselves. A Cup Final and currently in a promotion spot. Exciting times for the mighty Stirling.

Al

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Harry Rag:

Easy to snipe gentlemen, especially when you're at the other end of the table, eh TURPS? icon_razz.gif

Facts, speak for themselves. A Cup Final and currently in a promotion spot. Exciting times for the mighty Stirling.

Al<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not for long icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by coisty:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Harry Rag:

Facts, speak for themselves. A Cup Final and _currently in a promotion spot_. Exciting times for the mighty Stirling.

Al<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not for long icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If ye cannae beat the "Wee" clubs like Albion Rovers , whit chance have ye got Rosco! icon_biggrin.gif

Alasdair Shaw's Programme Notes. Thursday 29th May 2003

Dear Supporters,

We’re having some exciting times here at Forthbank and getting to the final of the Challenge Cup has been a fantastic achievement. Nearly 10,000 people turned up at East End Park to see us take on St. Johnstone, an encounter in which we were very unlucky to finish second best.

I was furious at the nature of how they took the lead as Hay looked offside before setting up Parker. By the time Parker had bagged his hat trick the game was over and Hay’s screamer from long range made it 4-0. Nicholas managed to pull a goal back for us, but it was too little to late to fix a score line that flattered our opponents.

Heads obviously go down after such a defeat, but the signing of Paul Mortimer added some fresh banter to the training field. With an impressive playing history including teams such as Charlton and Aston Villa, Paul is a creative midfielder who I think will fit in well. He went straight into the squad for out game against Elgin.

This game turned out to be a hard fought affair, with Elgin putting up strong resistance for much of the game. Indeed, it took us an hour to make the breakthrough, when a Nicholas tap in finally ended the deadlock. Mallan’s close range finish made it 2-0, before Petric’s bullet header from a corner sealed the 3-0 win. However the victory was somewhat marred by the actions of some Elgin players and I felt the Kujla’s kick at Burgess and Craig’s push warranted further actions. I’m sure Martin Arthur will be speaking to his players about their conduct. Despite this sour note, the result was a great way to bounce back from our cup final defeat.

I’d like to take this opportunity to reassure fans that I am totally committed to the Stirling job. There had been mounting speculation that I was interested in the Arbroath job, but let me reassure you all that I am determined to bring this club the success that it deserves.

Alex Holligan’s Peterhead have been in excellent form of late, and their unbeaten season has propelled them to the top of the table. However when they came calling I saw an opportunity for us to usurp their crown as the top four sides played each other. Our home form has been impressive this season, but the game hinged on a moment of foolishness from Turner, who came far too far off his line and let Sim sneak in to give Peterhead a slender win. This act ultimately cost us the game and dropped our league place to 4th. Turner is still a young man, but this isn’t the first mistake he’s made this season and hopefully a spell on the bench may retune his focus.

Our next game away to Gretna was a match that had to be won. However I was starting to curse our inconsistency of late as Robinson gave our hosts the lead, despite looking to be well offside. Clague has been having a tough time in recent games after his fantastic start to the season, but his powerful strike from 25 yards more than justified his inclusion. Clague showed a different form of goal scoring for his second as he coolly slotted home, before another one of his long rangers smacked off the upright. Such a piece of bad luck could have been costly when Galloway beat Hogarth (who had replaced Turner in goals) at his near post. But Clague was in inspired form and sealed his ownership of the match ball with a header to give us a 3-2 win. The much needed three points came at a price however, as Arbuckle will be out for around 3 weeks with a calf injury, while Mallan could be absent for up to 2 months after picking up a knock in training.

The visit of Montrose was another match in which I was hopeful of a win, but once again we got off to a poor start as Sharp grabbed an early goal. However we are always more than capable of scoring with the likes of Clague and Nicholas in attack and it came as no surprise to see the latter dance past the goalkeeper to equalise. Yet not even I could have envisaged the quality of Nicholas second goal, as he picked up the ball on the edge of our box before sprinting up field, evading three tackles and slotting the ball into the goal. It was undoubtedly the finest goal I have seen this season. But such goals are unimportant in the grand scheme of things without points, so it came as a relief when Clague raced through to make it 3-0, before adding a fourth goal to seal the victory and move us back up into 2nd spot.

The top half of the table is incredibly tight at the moment, with little to separate the sides. Out next game takes us to Morton, who will be hungry for revenge after their loss to us earlier this season. A win would boost either side’s promotion campaign in what promises to be a fascinating encounter.

Enjoy the game.

Alasdair Shaw

Manager, Stirling Albion FC

### EAST STRILING AFF THE BOTTOM! ###

Well thats a 3rd of the season gone now and from a poor start with the poorest squad, under gaffer Turps, East Stirling are in danger off becoming a descent football team. The Shire can beat anyone at home and are improving every week as rival clubs stay still or look to be going backwards. The tight league is very competitive and the derbies every game are proving really cut throat, and a real exciting 2d battle of wits and character. No one has had any money of note to spend, with the clubs that had, failing to bring any real quality to enhance the 3rd Division. Some great Free's have been signed most notably to the bigger clubs in the division, but on the whole the limted finances and lack of foreign players, has added a much more challenging realsim to our scottish llm netgame.

So who has caught the eye in these early stages? well dogsfault's Peterhead have done exceptionally well with a mediocre squad in challenging the big clubs of Morton and Stirling for the promotion spots. Coisty's Ton are favourits and look certain to win the league, but Harry'Rag'Shaw has proved very shrewd in the transfer market and looks certain to be there abouts. Shaw took his 3rd div side to the Challenge Cup Final also and deserves much credit despite a heavy loss. There is not much between the other teams and anyone can beat anyone on their day. Trose gaffer Dukebox has lost the dressing room which was very niave. Elgin have performed higher than expectations under gaffer Martin Arthur and stevedog Chris Nicol looks as if he knows what he's doing. Bod's Albion Rovers have underachieved but are beginning to pick up and challange as they do have a quality in their ranks at Cliftonhill. The rest of the teams look certain to challenge for bottom place with Jim 'bhoys's Gretna in contention for the wooden spoon. amazingly Hastie had 35k to spend at the start of the season, but the Black & whites have that loosing mentality and are having a real torrid time at the bottom of the league.

So what about Shire? Well the team is playing really well at the moment and the morale in the dressing room is fantastic. Initially we took some tankings at the start of the season, but the team has now gelled and is settling down which has been pleasing.With such poor early form the first thing we did was to start making ourselves hard to beat, then work on the more attacking aspects of our play. The team predominantly plays a verstile 433 system basically due to the limitation in personal at gaffer Turps's disposal. Some new signings have agreed terms and are set to bolster the squad when the transfer window re-opens very shortly. New players will give more tactical options and system of play so a mid table finish and a strong finish to the season is not an unrealistic possability. Shire manager 5 games in last thursdays session with 3 great wins and two narrow losses. Any win is appreciated tho as we will loose our fare share of games this season due to the gulf in squad quality. heres how they went.

19.10.02 EAST STIRLING 1 Peterhead 2

Shire battled hard and gave promotion hopefulls peterhead a real fight a Firs Park with a late goal by Gordon Strachan's boy Craig in the 84th denying what would have been a much deserved point. Peterhead have been playing our their skins this season, so at least the Shire showed they can compete with the best of them in the division.

26.10.02 Gretna 0 EAST STIRLING 2

The bottom of the table clash was away to revered rivals Gretna who were managed by the abscent gaffer Hastie. Gretna failed to stamp any authority as the home side, the Shire made most the play and dominated the proceedings scoring two fine goals. Gretna's veteran defender McQuilter was given his marching orders late on as frustration and desperation has set in at Raydale Park. Gretna like Shire in the early stages of the season have that loosing mentality, and drastic steps will need to be made to shore up their defences. No one likes the indignity of going bottom and i am sure that gaffer hastie's experience will turn the fortunes soon, once they get some breaks and make them selves hard to beat, especially at Raydale.

2.11.02 EAST STIRLING 1 Montrose 0

The home form at East StirlingShire football club has been excellent of late, and the 1-0 victory against much fancied Trose did not come as a surprise to gaffer Turps. It is common knowledge amogst the managers ion the 3rd Division that Trose gaffer Duke has lost the dressing room and has the man management skills of a motorbike ashtray. a fine Stuart kelly strike was the difference as the Shire held out with 10 men after Peter Grant's late red card. The ex Celtic stalwart typified the new fighting spirit at Fird park and would recieve a bonus not a fine for his actions as he steamed right in to the Trose bawbags.

9.11.02 Morton 3 EAST STIRLING 2

Away to league leaders Ton next and Coisty's side were by far the best in the Division. The last encounter had been a close affair despite the gulf in league positions. Playing away, it is safe to say that Morton dominated the game, and were never in danger of loosing the match. However the Shire battled bravely, and scored 2 away against the run of play, some time soon the Ton would drops some points against the Mighty Shire, every one knows their gaffer is totally over rated, and a glory hunting big time charlie.

16.11.02 EAST STIRLING 4 Queens Park 0

The Shire now totally own the Spiderz.......Gary Toner is a mug, u should chuck it now Gaz before you are sacked! Yer obviously no good enough to be in this clan and know **** aw aboot fitba if the Shire can take 4 goals aff yez!

Muhahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

Good Stuff Rosco ,but im shocked that Sleazy hasnt got one yet.

Cannae think of anything offhand , im sure your imaginative enough to come up wi something fae your collection of 38's and 45's icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please tell me what a 38 is? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

download real player u fuds icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

real player, winamp, media player. mirc, msn and champers. you are just littering my pc mr. turpie!!

Black & Whites in promotion bid?...

After illness Elgin manager Martin Arthur returned to duties recently.

Martin Arthur thanked his assistant Paolo Baffoni for taking charge of the side during his absence.

Elgin enjoyed a good cup run defeating TWO Premier League teams!

In the first round of the League Cup Elgin were away to Motherwell.

Trevor Benjamin scored the only goal of the game on 41mins to cause a major upset!

The 2nd round was at Borrough Briggs with giant killers Elgin at home to Europe chasing Kilmarnock.

If Killie fan Ross Turpie was in the crowd – he wouldn’t have been happy!

The City secured their place in the 3rd round draw with an amazing 3-1 victory and the most memorable game in the clubs history.

So to the 3rd round – and a very difficult game away to the 3rd best side in Scotland – Hearts. Surely with The Jambos at home they would easily cruise into the 4th round?

Well, after 20 minutes Elgin took a surprise lead through Trevor Benjamin and Hearts were sweating! Unfortunetly for Elgin, that’s as good as it got. Hearts proved to strong for the 3rd division outfit with a goals from Mark De Vries either side of half-time and a Kevin Twaddle strike on the hour mark. The cup dream was over and De Vries secured his hat-trick in the final minutes to complete a 4-1 scoreline.

Arthur first match back was a trip to undefeated table-topping Peterhead.

It was also Icelandic star Magnus Sverrir porsteinsson’s first start since his injury on his debut. He looked a good signing then, and proved again he is after putting Elgin in front 12 minutes into the game with an acute strike. 4 minutes later Elgin doubled their lead thanks to Nestor Subiat’s 6 yard strike. Peterhead pushed for the remainder of the game but conceded their first defeat of the season as Elgin held on for a 2-0 victory.

Next was a very important game – 4th vs 5th – Elgin vs East Fife.

On a cold drizzly day over 1500 fans turned out for the match.

Elgin were given a great chance to take the lead after 27 minutes as Subiat was brought down in the Fifers penalty area. Jussi Kujala stepped up – only to crash the shot against the post!

Both teams were creating some chances but it was Elgin again with another great chance after the hour mark. Another penalty was won but this time, it was the big Icelandic geezer that took responsibility. He coolly converted the spot-kick to put Elgin in front.

The team took confidence through the goal and pushed in search of another. Substitute Connor Campbell grabbed the 2nd and his first of the season with little of ten minutes remaining after good wide work and cross by David Craig.

East Fife pulled a last minute goal back through Gracia but it was too little too late and Elgin climbed above the Fifers into 4th position.

So, can Elgin make a serious promotion bid? You wouldn’t have thought so at the start of the season! Currently 4 points behind league leaders Peterhead, Elgin have 4 away games in the next 5. The home fixture being against East Stirling.

You never know…eh?....

Gents,

Due to the stupidity of one of my brothers, I might be late or have to sneak off early tonight. Hopefully this wont be needed though.

Be gutted to miss any of my games TBH, especially when I have an idiot assistant who couldnt even beat Rob Roy. icon_redface.gif

I'll be online at somepoint tonight,

regards

Al

Gents,

Due to the stupidity of one of my brothers, I might be late or have to sneak off early tonight. Hopefully this wont be needed though.

Be gutted to miss any of my games TBH, especially when I have an idiot assistant who couldnt even beat Rob Roy. icon_redface.gif

regards

Al<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehe @ rob roy

After a disapointing session last Monday I decided to try new tactics for last Thursdays session. This back fired hugely!!

Elgin V The Mighty Ton

Elgin have been struggling to find form this season but peaked against My Defencive line who thought they were on Holiday. Davidson scored Elgins first fallowed up by Bremner to end in a 2-0 disappointment for the travelling support.

The Mighty Ton v Bunch of Queens

Abraham reverted back to his prefered tactics for this game against the Hampden screamers. The Tons new signing Trinidad international Goodridge made an impressive Debute and scored one in a 5-3 victory for the Greenock side. The other scores for Morton were Super Williams with two and Sviensson showing the good form that Abraham bought him for by adding another two.

East Thiefers V The Mighty Ton

Abraham again tryed new tactics ion this visit to Fife but after a hard fuaght game Morton ended up the losers due to a late Garcia goal.

The Mighty Ton vs Turpies resadance of Madness

the visiting side fuaght hard against an out of form Morton side but couldn't handle the pressure and ended up getting gubbed 3-2 Goodridge adding to his scoreing record, Super Williams making it 2 Then Defender Chris Casper wrapping it up for Morton

Bods Albion Chancers V The Mighty Ton

Abraham managed to find the ****yst Tactics in the world against a Fastly improving Albion side and went home tae think again after getting beat 3-0.After the game Abraham said "Bod distracted me by telling me he lived in the Isle of Man, I was in stiches for the whole game and was unable to concetrate".

Look forward to tonights session. icon_smile.gif

Thursday was more of the same for inconsistent East Fife. The session began with us in a good position to begin our assault on the top 2 and challenge for promotion and a win against Montrose would put us in good stead for that push. I knew it would be a touch game against Jeff Dukes side espescially with a couple of key players out and haveing to hand a debut to defender Craig Farnan so I was thrilled when Farnan popped up to convert a first half corner. James Nairn got our 2nd and we went on to a great 2-1 away win which I was thrilled about.

Pete Abrahams Greenock Morton were favourites for the league and so far they were sitting in a very pretty position to acheive this. They had given us a bit of a hammering at their ground but the new look patient Fifers were able to frustrate Morton after going ahead through a Garcia strike. 3rd, we were sitting 3rd!! I was delighted, we were rank outsiders for the league at 16-1 the beaks wanted to simply build a squad for next season yet we were sitting 3rd and going strong!

Hmm whatever goes up must come down and with 2 tricky away ties that I was perhaps slightly over confident for we slipped up big style. The team was still suffering from injureis when we travelled to the eerie Hampden Park to take on Gary Toner's unknown quantity that is Queens Park, you never know what Queens side is going to turn up the good or the down right ugly. Kenny Deuchar had been called up to the first team squad and he celebrated our only goal but unlike the Morton game 1 was not enough and Queens won the match 2-1.

Martin Arthur's Elgin City were doing the business on the park while he was "ill" but he managed to return for our visit in what would be have been a great game to win to build that little cushion to 5th place. The cushion was built but by Arthur's Elgin as they ran on to another good victory, only Garcia could get us a 90m consolation goal.

2 defeats in a row is not promotion material but they were 2 away games and with the visit of Turpies east stirling who we have already beaten twice this season at tehir gruond we will hopefully be able to get back on track.

Mon the Fifers!

Is any club avaliable?! i want to play scottish league with any club you give me...pliz

Spare me and e-mail me....thx!!!

Gents,

regards

Al<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forget all that pish. I'll be playing as my inconsistant normal.

The Spiders Web

Mixed fotunes this session as we welcomed Montrose to Hampden a solitude strike from McAdam just after half time was enough to seal the points. Queens Park 1 - 0 Montrose

We travelled to Cappielow to take on promotion favourites Morton in a high scoring affair despite a brace from Stuart Gauley and a single from McAdam it wasn't enough as Morton ran out easy winners. Morton 5 - 3 Queens Park

Borrough Briggs was next up as we took on shock troops Elgin City despite taking a early lead from Jon Cullen we looked positively shambolic at times as Elgin over powered us.

Elgin City 4 - 1 Queens Park

East Fife visited the spiders lair that is Hampden as we looked to shake off last weeks heavy defeat singles from Steven McAdam and David Marshall was enough to hold out for the 3 points, Unfortunatly it was slighty over shadowed by the news that David Marshall in his first start for the club had to be carried off and will be out for 7 months with a broken leg. Queens Park 2 - 1 East Fife

With a depleted squad we travelled to Firs Park to take on East Stirling and our amatuerish defending and lack of determention proved our downfall as East Stirling ran out easy winners. East Stirling 4 - 0 Queens Park

I hope to bring you better news next time Spider fans untill then enjoy this latest report.

Gary Toner

it's with regret and sadness that i resign as manager of montrose as i can no longer make match nights due to my recent election to the commitee of the Perth Ex Service Mens Club, Whose meetings are on a Monday Night, and thursday, and I feel it unfair to go on on the basis the at i will be late for games nights, as I know you have a list of keen players champing at the bit to get in on the clan.

I'd like to thank you for all the effort you have put in over the past few years which has helped make cm online a pleasure to play with the rest of the clan. If circumstances change in the future i would re-apply and wait my turn to be allowed back into the best cm clan around.

cheers Jeff

LONG LIVE THE CLAN

Sad to see Dukebox bow out.

Sure it isn't the Perth Pensioners Club Jeff? icon_wink.gif

What is it you ex-servicemen do? Do you all have a get together down at the Docks (in Perth??) and compare tatoos?

How will be the grandfather of the clan now that supasaver buspass Jeff has gone?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wearrapipple:

Whow will be the grandfather of the clan now that supasaver buspass Jeff has gone?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me icon_biggrin.gif

Victimised Fifers

First game of todays session so us host the ever improving East Stirling and it was one I was desperate to win however having come back twice from a goal behind to grab a point it showed the guys fighting spirit. Goals from Kenny Deuchar and Gordon Gilbert were enough to make it 2-2.

Injuries were high but I still expected to get something from our trip to in form Albion Rovers so needless to say I was not a happy chappy as we got humped 4-1 in a game where we conceded 2 silly penalties and the defence was absolutley woeful. There were no defenders in the box when albion got their 3rd goal after they had plenty of time to get back and cover. Alan Batchelor scored 1 minute into his debut as a 2nd half subby , the speedy 17 year old then died out of the game.

Surely we could grab something against pi$$ poor Gretna even if we were away, emm no. It was all looking rosy as Gordon Gilbert put us ahead early doors but we couldnt build on it and i wasn't surprised to see Gretna equailse in the 2nd half.

A few players returned from injury but a big blow was keeper Butter going injured for 3 weeks, the captain had been in good form of late and would be missed as the rookies came in. I decided to change the tactics for 2nd place Stirlings visit and switched to a 4-4-2 in what was a sensational game. James Nairn went off injured and John Allison got his chance in the unlikely position of right midfield where he controlled the game. Shockingly we were awarded a penalty which put us ahead as Martyn Lee sent it home but the league challenders came back and took the lead at the start of the 2nd half, but then it happened. My team suddenly turned into something special for a 25 minute spell which was awesome, I swear we would have given the Rantic a run in this spell. Allison scored a absloulte ripsnorter, Garcia's persistence gave us the lead and Kenny Deuchar completed the comeback with a cool finish. Goal machine Neal Clague pulled one back in injury time but I didn't care, what a performance.

A trip to Peterhead to face Alex Holligan would have scared the crap out of me before the Stirling game but I was actually confident and I was not best pleased with the refereee and the finishing as we once again lost a penalty. We had 6 good chances including Garcia ballsing up a 1 on 1 and just dreadful finishing really. Both teams had a defensive approach to the game and Peterhead took the lead after a good strike was too much for my 3rd keeper in so many games, perhaps if Butter was in goals...., then the ref gave the opposition the penalty that had to come as they were in our box and going nowhere. Garcia did grab one goal but it was too little too late in the 88th minute.

While i'm happy with the performances in the last 2 games I can't help but feel miffed at the constant diving thats going on in our box, refs are giving anything in division 3 it would appear and my lads are just too honest to go down unfairly, less could be said for the majority of other strikers in the 3rd division.

Looking forward to the next session where we can restart our assault on 2nd place.

My best wishes to Dukebox and I hope his return to the clan isn't too far away.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeffduke:

it's with regret and sadness that i resign as manager of montrose as i can no longer make match nights due to my recent election to the commitee of the Perth Ex Service Mens Club, Whose meetings are on a Monday Night, and thursday, and I feel it unfair to go on on the basis the at i will be late for games nights, as I know you have a list of keen players champing at the bit to get in on the clan.

I'd like to thank you for all the effort you have put in over the past few years which has helped make cm online a pleasure to play with the rest of the clan. If circumstances change in the future i would re-apply and wait my turn to be allowed back into the best cm clan around.

cheers Jeff

LONG LIVE THE CLAN<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem it was a pleasure Jeffrey, Wearra is right whats aw this navy bufty buisness ur leaving for? Anyway good luck in yer tatoo comparing and ur commitee pension thingy it sounds dope. I'll let u know about other games on the go, aw the best and thanks for the memories....ach forgoy alchziemers sorry auld yin.... icon_frown.gif

### EAST STIRLINGSHIRE - THE FIRS PARKERS FIGHT ON ###

Good session last night as the Clan blitzed thru another 6 weeks of netgame and managed to get 5 games in. Some sad news as Trose gaffer DukeBox quit the netgame due to personal commitments. Dont know if the fact Duke had lost the dressing room and performed shockingly had anything to do with it, but he will be missed never the less. Morton gaffer Coisty and Spiderz gaffer Gaz Toner on shaky pegs also, as they are insecure also and have been found out as duds, and next in line for the chop. I hope every one can stay in a job as with a packed 3rd division, there is no where to go if the unthinkable happens, no doubt this will give some fresh blood a chance to prove their managerial mettle when the time comes. The Shire had a descent session despite the fact we had a hectic away schedule. Some quality new transfers have been tapped and are set to join when the transfer window opens in a week or two, so fingers crossed for a brighter start in the new year and second stage to the season. hers how it went good and bad....

23.11.02 East Fife 2 EAST STIRLING 2

The Shire had to make Chris Nicol's side work really hard to get anything out this game. East Stirling took the game to the fifers and took the lead twice and could have easily taken all points. Another late goal conceded in the 83rd minute resulted in a share in the points and another point for struggling East Stirling. The bayview bootboy barmy army were were and truly rumbled on their own manor!

27.11.02 Peterhead 2 EAST STIRLING 0

It was totally ****ing down at the balmoor as the Shire were totally washed away by dogsfault's promotion hopefull Blue Toon. two descent headers and some poor defending was the difference but the Shire are getting closer and will do the head sooner than later.

30.11.02 Elgin 3 East Stirling 0

Jamie 'smudger'Smith was carded after only 13 minutes a decision that changed the game. With 10 men away from home to high flying Elgin, it was a virtual impossabilty and resulted in a 3-0 drubbing for our efforts. Not that gaffer Martin Arthur can take much credit, his assistant Baffoni picked the team and wears the trousers at Borrough Briggs thats for sure.

7.12.02 Edinburgh City 0 EAST STIRLING 2 (Scottish Cup 1st Round)

A tricky away tie saw non league edinburgh defeated by the mighty Shire. Any win at this level is welcome and the victory after two bad away defeats was welcomed as the lads bounced back ready for the next game v Bod's Wee Rovers.

14.12.02 East Stirling 2 Albion Rovers 0

Bod's wee rovers are the 3rd divisions form side and their unbeaten run of 7 games came to a grinding halt at Firs Park. The Shire were immense and took the game to Albion scoring 2 great goals and humiliating bods boys badly. They were shocking and looked poorly organized at the back and in possession. A great and much needed win keeps the Shire wagon rolling and away from the duds at the bottom.

21.12.02 Stirling 3 EAST STIRLING 1

The Shire started really well and had numerous chances which were missed due to the lack of quality up front. A great goal was also chopped off as ref Jim Herald was not doing the Shire any favours away from home. Stirling have a fantastic football side and it came as no surprises that they dominated and won all 3 points. A 90th minute contentious penalty sealed our fate as our pants were well and truly pulled down no thanks to whistler Herald.

icon_cool.gifAll The Latest Action From The Maddest And Baddest CM Clan On The Net! icon_cool.gif

Alasdair Shaw's Programme Notes. Monday 2nd June 2003

Dear Supporters,

I’d like to begin my notes in paying tribute to former Montrose boss Jeff Duke, who has hung up his fur lined coat this week. Jeff has brought a good laugh to the league and his qualities will be missed by me and my fellow managers.

A trip Pete Abraham's Morton was always going to be a tasty encounter, with The Ton hoping to knock us off second place. Victory was always going to be tough, especially with Arbuckle, Moss, Mallan and Holloway all on the injury list. However we got off to a decent start when Parker prodded home to send us into an unexpected early lead, which turned out to be short lived when Sviensson equalised. But I was to enter the half time dressing room a happy man, as Nicholas bagged a goal just before half time. The tricky striker added another after some calamity in the Morton defence and I was starting to think that the three points were secure until the referee bizarrely handed Morton a lifeline in the shape of a penalty. Ready clearly won the ball from Sveinsson with an expertly timed tackle, but the man in black saw differently, letting Collins dispatch the spot kick into the net. I was furious at the time, but we managed to hold on to full time and celebrated a very important away win

Next up was the visiting Albion Rovers of Stevie McGuinness. Not surprisingly for a fellow Jags fan, Stevie had trained under the master; John Lambie and his defensive tactics were spot on. However this made the game a drab affair which ended 0-0. Indeed, the biggest talking point for us was the injuries sustained to Clague and Mortimer, who will be out for three weeks and two months respectively.

This result made a win against Gary Toner’s Queen’s Park all the more important, but it turned out to be another scrappy affair. Some madness in the Spider’s defence let the returning English open the scoring but some more appalling defending from us let Gauley equalise. It could have been another game in which the three points slipped away, but Nicholas always gives us attacking options and his goal secured victory.

Another bonus came with the news that Neal Clague had been name the Bell's 3rd Division Player of the Month.

The trip to Chris Nicol’s East Fife was another tricky tie, which got even harder then The Fifers were awarded a penalty for nothing, which Lee converted. English nicked in to pull us level, but I felt we lacked a bit of weight upfront and introduced Clague for the second half. A peach of a goal from Burgess sent us into the lead, but once again it was short lived as a stunning strike from Allison, then goals from Garcia and Duscher gave East Fife a 4-2 lead. Clague managed to pull a goal back right at the death, but the defeat was a bad one for us, giving me food for thought about a possible change to our away tactics.

Our final game saw us welcome Ross Turpie’s East Stirlingshire to Forthbank and we were hungry for revenge over the side that had beaten us in our last encounter. Things nearly got off to a bad start when they had the ball in the back of the net, but fortunately the linesman’s flag cut short the celebrations from the East Stirlingshire bench. We managed to sneak ahead when Nicholas scored before Clague added a second to bag his 20th goal of the season. Not a bad tally to notch up before Christmas. The visitors pulled a goal back, setting up a nervy ending until a penalty award saw Waddell cap a 3-1 win.

These results see us maintain our position in second place, but I am slightly concerned by the daylight breaking between Peterhead and ourselves. The transfer window will be opening soon and I can reveal that the promising goalkeeper Graeme Smith has agreed terms and will be signing in a deal from Kilmarnock. Departing the club will be Neil Ruddock and Mark Crilly, who will be linking up with former Stirling attacker Robert Dunn at East Stirlingshire. I should also be in a position to announce some more exciting transfer deals in out next programme.

Enjoy the game,

[/b]Alasdair Shaw, Stirling Albion FC Manager[/b]

### BELLS ANNOUNCE TURPIE AS MANAGER OF THE MONTH FOR NOVEMBER ###

The sponsors and fellow professional's have acknowledged East Stirling gaffer Ross Turpie's contribution to the Scots 3rd Division this season. Working with no money and wage budget, limited resources and with a poor squad that no one wanted, gaffer Turpie is steering the troubled club in the right direction. Turpie said"The lads have done me proud, oor boys just get tore in, the league is full of glory hunting big time charlies and managerial duds, we can compete wae any of the bawbags".

Kilmarnock football club have taken notice of the CM Clan veterans achievements and are certain to shortlist his talents for any future vacancies......

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevethedog:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

Kilmarnock football club have taken notice of the CM Clan veterans achievements and are certain to shortlist his talents for any future vacancies......<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My @rse they have<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couldn't be any worse than the numpty they have at the moment.

Kilmarnock football club have taken notice of the CM Clan veterans achievements and are certain to shortlist his talents for any future vacancies......<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My @rse they have

P!sh Poor Greeting Gretna

Boring Boring Gretna 6pts adrift at the bottom and looking like being the worst team in Scotland icon_frown.gif

The funny thing is we played 5 league games and Gretna only suffered 1 defeat, the trouble is we had 4 draws. Having the worst defence in the league it was good to keep 2 clean sheets in a row, sadly we cannae score to save ourselves and so only 2 points picked up 0-0 v Elgin & 0-0 v Montrose. A trip to East Fife was next and although we lost 1 goal our sh!te forwards finally managed to end the goal drought and get us a draw 1-1 v East Fife. We played Morton next and although we are improving we suffered our only defeat of the night 0-1 v Morton. The final game of the night was a bit of a goal fest and after taking an early lead we lost 2 goals in a minute the boys showed good battling qualities and a deserved equaliser came and another draw was the result 2-2 v Queen's Park.

Despite our position it was interseting to note that both the Morton & Queen's Park manager jobs were the ones that were insecure on the night. icon_biggrin.gif

Archived