Poll: FM 2008, playable or not?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lexfabio:

Unplayable absolutely. A disgust with all crash dumps.

The worst ever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We need to define the term playable.

Playable, means that you can run it, it works.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Passer-by:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lexfabio:

blablabla

Playable, means that you can run it, it works. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Passer-by:

For those who have the crash dump problem the game has limited playability - play upto a certain date and then you can't play anymore, so while it may be playable for a month or so (in game) after that it becomes unplayable.

say that to those who want to play spanish leagues.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by schuey100:

Playable but boring and annoying. Flawed, sloppy programming certainly does not live up to the marketing hype. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sloppy programming? Hardly, considering FM08 runs like lightning its anything but.

TOYA.

I played the Spanish league and I still am, it's still my main game. Sure, the registration bug has ****ed me up a lot of times including an 8-0 lost to Sevilla, but I still play on. I don't care, I still play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

looks like you are very determined icon_wink.gif

the question is, would you buy it if you knew, and should we accept such things. I only wish that in few years FM will have some competition, couse it looks like that's the only way for this game to improve.

SI introduced many new (stupid) features like match day experience, facegen, confidence.....instead of improving those which haven't changed for years/ need improvement (team talks, media, player interaction, training, tactics, commentary).

as the resoult we have plenty of features which are half-done or don't work at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Liamoville:

Ok so i've read a few people saying its unplayable on the patch.

I was just about to get the patch because when i click 'Check for Updates' on the game it says it cannot find it at the present time, please check back later.

Should i not get the patch then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

download first beta patch.

here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/72540417/fm2008_801_beta1patch.exe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ch it with be </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me tell you something. I like winning. To win I cheat a little. I use fm scout for bargains and i download tactics, since i really don't have patience for the trial and error of making a tactic.

For five, six years i do it, and i enjoy it. I don't mean winning it all with a team that should be relegated, but winning the champions league with fiorentina after three years or transforming tottenham in a top 4 side.

This version of fm so isn't being very pleasent for me. No tactic seems to work well. When i'm with a small team, i can win from man utd but cant get a draw with derby, when i'm with a good team my strikers play like crap and five or six games per season I lose in the final minutes with the opposition with one goal and one shot on goal.

But i realise that maybe fm is not for me anymore. I'm not gonna criticise SI for making a very good simulation just because i can't win when i'm always critising other companys for making arcadish sports games.

I aim for a middle term where realism goes with fun, you cant win with wigan in the first season, but maybe in three years or so of good signings you can compete... Actually, you can do it in fm right now, but it just demands the kind of micromanagement that i dont have patience to do.

So, maybe realism, in the level that Fm reflects now, just frustrates. I gues IRL managers gets frustrated all of the time, but they don't hav that quit bottom. The one i'm starting to use morre frequently now.

Not. Ive been playing since 93 and this is easily the worst experience. I thought it was just me getting older and growing out of it but reading other peoples comments is quite reasuring. I dont want the game to be too easy but this is impossible.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blue Flag:

Unplayable - but FM07.02 is so brilliant I'm happy having returned to that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It makes you realise quite what a stupendous game 7.02 is icon14.gif.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blue Flag:

Unplayable - but FM07.02 is so brilliant I'm happy having returned to that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im not bothered with 08 so im still playing an unpatched 07. does it improve much on the game?

To me it seems that if a question like this needs to be asked or gets asked, then there is something seriously wrong with the game. Right?

I mean, a game is meant to be playable. It only exists to be played.

This is a comment from someone who does not have FM 2008 nor intends to buy it, partly on the basis of what can be read on these forums.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by montaron:

To me it seems that if a question like this needs to be asked or gets asked, then there is something seriously wrong with the game. Right?

I mean, a game is meant to be playable. It only exists to be played.

This is a comment from someone who does not have FM 2008 nor intends to buy it, partly on the basis of what can be read on these forums. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. When there's this many complaints, SI must know they've done something wrong. Fair enough there's always complaints but I've never seen this many that actually adress a problem instead of the old 'I CANT BEAT MAN U 8-0 WITH MACCLESFIELD THE GAME CHEATS!' complaints. Worst SI game i've ever played.

Playable, but hugely dissapointing and bug ridden IMO. icon_rolleyes.gif

I am patient to a certain degree regarding the wait for patches, but when you consider that if the "definitive" patch, to fix the majority of major issues of "playability" is'nt due unil February, raises questions about the "value" of the product.

February is 5 months from the original release date. This means that if SI launch an new game every 12 months, the fully "playable" lifespan of the game is only 7 months.

I've been very happy with all the SI made releases from CM1 back in the good old days, but FM08 has made me reconsider if I will buy the product again, until I can be confident it's a more polished and finished product.

I think had I read the forums BEFORE buying FM08, I might not have bought it.

Everybody makes mistakes and I'm sure that SI will do their level best to ensure that FM09 encounters less problems, well, hoping so anyway. icon14.gif

That being said though, I for one will be waiting to see what the general (constructive, non-rant icon14.gif) feedback is like before buying again.

Completely unplayable IMO.

Played out of the box and gave up after a day. Beta patch arrived - The same thing, played for a day and then gave up. Full patch - same thing.

I've gone back to 7.0.2 and will definitely be checking out the forums next year before I consider wasting my money again.

Archived