Is there a way to offer more than 40mil over 24months?

Hello all. I'd like to offer 1mil then 50mil over 24 months, but it won't let me go any higher than 40. One time by accident hwen I was setting someone's "sell price" or asking price it's called, i clicked something by accident and all of a sudden instead of being able to go from 1-100mil, the values were like 90mil, 180mil, 300mil, or whatever it was, and i was able to set the asking price at 790mil or so. So I htink there's some way to make the values bigger.

Does anyone know the secret? Thankx

Okay stupid question coming up!

Well I've been playing FM for a while now but never really understood how it all worked with the paying off over 24m... So... When someone buys a player off me for like 1m up front and 10m over 2 years how does it all readjust my transfer budget/kitty? Do I get the whole 11m straight away or do I get 1m to spend first and then 10m over a later peroid?

2ndly if I buy a player for installments again 1m upfront and 10m over 2 years I have to have at least 11m in my kitty right? Does my kitty then dissapear of 11m straight away or slowly? Cheers for any help!

Thanks,

ReeNah

ReeNah:

I don't know the answer to your question. I'm sorry, it might have something to do with your total transfer budget.

BoyledShark22:

Let us say you are selling a player. You sold him for 24 millions straight up and another additional 24 millions over 24 months. This means that you will get 24 millions as soon as the transfer occurs (the player leaves your team and joins the other one). Then in the next 24 months the buying team will pay you 1 million every month for the next 24 months (1 x 24 = 24 millions total). So they will then, at the end of the 24 months, have paid a total of 48 millions for your player.

Secondly, if you do the same thing, lets say the price is as above, then you would ideally have to have 48 millions in your transfer budget, but since it is over two years (24 months) and you will get a new transfer budget again next year, that means you can have less actually.

ReeNah:

I don't know the answer to your question. I'm sorry, it might have something to do with your total transfer budget.

BoyledShark22:

Let us say you are selling a player. You sold him for 24 millions straight up and another additional 24 millions over 24 months. This means that you will get 24 millions as soon as the transfer occurs (the player leaves your team and joins the other one). Then in the next 24 months the buying team will pay you 1 million every month for the next 24 months (1 x 24 = 24 millions total). So they will then, at the end of the 24 months, have paid a total of 48 millions for your player.

Secondly, if you do the same thing, lets say the price is as above, then you would ideally have to have 48 millions in your transfer budget, but since it is over two years (24 months) and you will get a new transfer budget again next year, that means you can have less actually.

No I know all that. What im saying is how do I offer someone 1mil then 70mil over 24 months? Because it wont let you go higher than 40 over 24 months.

ReeNah:

BoyledShark22:

According to the sticky in GPTG...

XII. How are fee's over a period of time paid?

When you sign a player for a fee over 24 months, 18 months, 12 months, or 6 months, half the fee is immedietly taken from your transfer budget. The rest of the fee is taken out over the said time. Due to this, you must have at least half of the fee paid over a time, aswell as everything else included in the transfer. An example is signing Ever Banega for £2mil upfront, £10mil over 24 months, and 25% sell-on. You must have the £2mil upfront, and half of the £10mil (£5mil) that you agreed to pay over 24 months. The other £5mil will be paid over 24 months.

Okay stupid question coming up!

Well I've been playing FM for a while now but never really understood how it all worked with the paying off over 24m... So... When someone buys a player off me for like 1m up front and 10m over 2 years how does it all readjust my transfer budget/kitty? Do I get the whole 11m straight away or do I get 1m to spend first and then 10m over a later peroid?

2ndly if I buy a player for installments again 1m upfront and 10m over 2 years I have to have at least 11m in my kitty right? Does my kitty then dissapear of 11m straight away or slowly? Cheers for any help!

Thanks,

ReeNah

Your balance and transfer budget will go up over time :thup:

So since FM is such a realistic game I take it that means 40mil is also the max you can offer in real life over 24 months, right?

tbf, there's only been one transfer over £40m to date, but I do agree with you that you should be able to offer more

According to the sticky in GPTG...

Yeah I know all that stuff. THat is not what im asking here. im talking about how the "+" button you click to add more money greys out once you reach 40mil. I want to keep clicking it until 50 or 60mil. How do I do that?

Archived