CAMRAD - CAMpaign for Really Awesome Dots (in FM10)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To Whom It May Concern,

What has been happening since I have been away from my beloved CAMRAD thread? :eek:

I'm back on FM08 now because I just cannot resist it anymore. It's totally awesome.:thup:

Apart from the fact that it is super fast and smooth, the main reason it's so great is because dot mode is at least 100% better than on FM09. FACT. :D

I heart FM08. :cool:

Yours faithfully,

C.

Sorry Crouchy, me and you are tight, but in a 'friendly' way, not in the sexy way.

What happened to this? ...

Hot loving is perfectly legal, well I hope so, me and crouch get it on all the time.
It's just me, him and a bit of Miss Crouchaldinho and Crouchaldinho-puppy. ;)

:D

I find myself strange at times. When it first came out, 3d view was the dawgs baws to me. But now, since returning to my '08 save, I have regained my love for dots due to the ability to actually see tactical changes when you implement them. For instance, I changed everyone in my team to "run with ball-rarely" (which is very good for possession-based football, but only if you have every member of the team with passing at least 14+ as otherwise too many passes go missing) and just my strikers mixed/often. The changes were actually documented on the screen, you can't do that with 3d. So consider me in, if they could just add the 08 ME to '10 along with the 3d, it would make perfecting tactics on 2d easy, then translate it onto 3d where you can fully enjoy the experience of actually seeing the goals and passes, rather than "imagining" your dot doing a bicycle kick from the edge of the area, on 3d you actually see him do so :D

so I'm all for 3d, but I prefer 2d to perfect tactics on. Therefore, you can called me a CAMRAD member if you wish :thup:

• 1 month later...
Give me squares not circles!! I am sick of circles!

Blasphemy! :mad:

The feet on the dots show direction well enough imo.

Amen brother! :cool:

Long live 2D let us all bask in the greatness of 2D and how it shows there are only 2 Dimentions needed to watch the beautiful game.

Amen, amen, amen! Hallelujah you have seen the light! You have basked in the light of the promised land! Long live the dots! :D

C.

To my dearest CAMRAD Folk,

It has become to my attention that I may be getting a new computer coinenciding the release of FM10 which would be able to support 3D. I may be forced into playing 3D if it has been imporved greatly.

Sincere Apoligies (They offered Cookies)

Saxonaitor

Head of Dot/Human Resources and Chairman of the Trade Union

Hello, all, a recent convert to 2D here speaking! I've been playing FM mainly on my desktop which runs 3D fine, and thought that was ok. I'm currently playing a networked game with a housemate, both of us using laptops in the living room, and mine can only use 2D. I can see the effects of my tactics! The goals look better! Even using it on my desktop as well. I'll certainly try 3D again on FM10, but if you there isn't a better angle tactically I'll be staying on 2D long term.

To my dearest CAMRAD Folk,

It has become to my attention that I may be getting a new computer coinenciding the release of FM10 which would be able to support 3D. I may be forced into playing 3D if it has been imporved greatly.

Sincere Apoligies (They offered Cookies)

Saxonaitor

Head of Dot/Human Resources and Chairman of the Trade Union

You made poor Parslow cry. :(

:p

Hello, all, a recent convert to 2D here speaking! I've been playing FM mainly on my desktop which runs 3D fine, and thought that was ok. I'm currently playing a networked game with a housemate, both of us using laptops in the living room, and mine can only use 2D. I can see the effects of my tactics! The goals look better! Even using it on my desktop as well. I'll certainly try 3D again on FM10, but if you there isn't a better angle tactically I'll be staying on 2D long term.

This sums up my feelings pretty well and I'm not sure they will easily be changed, even if the FM10 3D blows me away.

In the lead up to FM10, I actually find myself feeling pleased that the 3D will be hugely improved. However, I will no doubt be as devoted as ever to the dots.

I just find the 2D top-down view to be the absolute best for checking out tactics and especially for watching player movement. It's just the best and I hope it will always be an option.

However, what I do hope is that 3D keeps improving so that it actually adds something to the game. Then I might start using it more often but probably only for goal highlights and for replays of key incidents that might be better viewed in 3D.

I think the 2D will always be very important to me though. First and foremost, to repeat myself, because the top down view is simply the best for analysis of your players and their movement and so on. Secondly, because I have no interest in the FM matches looking like they are being shown on the television :mad: (I dislike the TV style view and I don't understand the obsession with making the match look like TV highlights given that managers watch the game live!) Finally, I will never buy a graphically sophisticated enough laptop for playing in high quality 3D. I'm just not interested. I buy my laptops for work as a number one priority and I am not interested in graphics because the only game I play is FM! I would rather FM concentrated on the depth and playability of the game and not these 'shiny' surface features like 3D, which in my view should firmly be a secondary concern.

So, well done to 2D for:

1) Giving us the best view in the game.

2) Not looking like the match is being shown on the television.

3) Not being graphically intensive and therefore able to work on just about any half decent laptop.

Long live the dots my friends. :D

Regards,

C.

Parslow does not just look lost and out of place on the virtual field I assure you. He cost us several games last year, yet has been made Club Captain this season....

Monty Python Wrote:

customer: Yes, I was listening to "World War" noises in four and the record's stuck

salesman: Ah, you want Mr. Paslow, a moment please.

(sound of walking and an old creepy door opening)

salesman: Rhonda?

Rhonda: Yes?(an ogrish voice from deep in the darkness)

salesman: Untie Mr. Paslow.

Rhonda: But.. He's told us nothing!

salesman: There's a customer.

Rhonda: oh(sound of chains clinking, and a body being dragged)

salesman: Right, this is Mr. Paslow, he'll look after you.

customer: Oh, right, thank you. Well, Mr. Paslow, I was listening to "First World War Noises" in four and the record's stuck.

...(Pause for very long time)...

Hello?...

...(again another very long pause)...

Mr. Paslow?

(short Pause)

I think there's something wrong with Mr. Paslow.

Archived