FMS Community Thread Mk II

Terk

Hey Milan - I am so sorry to hear about your news. If it is any consolation my mother was diagnosed with lymph cancer well over 20 years ago when she was in her mid-60s. She went through a course of chemo and came back from that stronger than ever. She passed away two years ago at the age of 85 and her cancer was in remission during all that time. And we all know how medical science has progressed since then so I am sure that your prospects are good. We'll all be thinking of you and wishing you well so do pop back in and see us from time to time.

My very best wishes to you.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a quick note for those of you that remember me.

I have cancer. No its not a joke (it would be in poor taste if it was). I had a stomach tumour which was removed surgically and it was then discovered that i have lymph cancer. This was 10 days ago. I will be starting chemotherapy tomorrow. They say it isnt very bad and that i have a 70% survival chance (I dunno how they enumerate it). Its supposed to be rare for a 16 year old to get it but what the **** does that mean now? I will not be able to post regularly, if at all, and I want you guys to know that you are great friends. You guys have made me check for updates on your stories during the most trying of circumstances (not sure whether that is a good thing though), made me laugh, made me angry and widened my horizons. Thanks.

I say with the utmost sincereness

:thup:

Sickening, I lost someone close to me not long ago to Cancer. I just hope your treatment goes well and you can fully recover.

Sad news Milan, like the rest, I send you my best wishes for your treatment and for a full recovery.

Hopefully FMS can be a spot to brighten your day and that your writing will be comfort to you during the difficult days ahead.

All the best. :thup:

Just a quick note for those of you that remember me.

I have cancer. No its not a joke (it would be in poor taste if it was). I had a stomach tumour which was removed surgically and it was then discovered that i have lymph cancer. This was 10 days ago. I will be starting chemotherapy tomorrow. They say it isnt very bad and that i have a 70% survival chance (I dunno how they enumerate it). Its supposed to be rare for a 16 year old to get it but what the **** does that mean now? I will not be able to post regularly, if at all, and I want you guys to know that you are great friends. You guys have made me check for updates on your stories during the most trying of circumstances (not sure whether that is a good thing though), made me laugh, made me angry and widened my horizons. Thanks.

I say with the utmost sincereness

:thup:

Milan, my thoughts and prayers are with you for a full, speedy and complete recovery. We write for our own pleasure as well as for the enjoyment of our readers. So I'm doubly pleased to be a part of this forum if its contents have made your burden a little lighter during your trying times. My very best wishes to you.

milanfan, I can only echo the thoughts and sentiments of others, I cannot possibly begin to imagine what you are going through and I just hope that everything goes well for you. I'm not a praying man, but my thoughts are with you and I wish you all the best during this difficult time in your life.

As Wegason said, I echo the thoughts and sentiments from the other people here - I hope you have a full recovery and wish you all the best during quite possible the most harsh and unforgiving time in your sixteen years of life.

Get well soon.

In other news, Man Utd can win the title before Liverpool play again. If they take 7 points from the next 7 days (Man City, Wigan, Arsenal) then they'll have wrapped it up before Liverpool face West Brom next Sunday. In all reality, City have to win at Old Trafford tomorrow, otherwise it's gone.

Well... United could beat City and still lose the title, due to Arsenal being probably the better bet for beating them. But it would help.

Being honest, I think Liverpool could have a potential banana skin against West Brom - they got a great result today and they might actually have some renewed belief at the possibility of escaping the drop.

If Newcastle and Boro draw then... who knows!

EDIT: WOOOHOOO! Post number 100! ^^

United need to lose two games (or draw three :D) for us to be able to potentially claim the title on goal difference. I don't see either Wigan or Hull nicking points from them, so that means they have to lose to both City and Arsenal. Which I don't really see happening either, but a man can hope.

*does a little title dance* so close!

If we can win it against Arsenal I would be so happy :p

I reckon you'll only need a point against them to win it. I can't honestly see City tripping you up tomorrow and the same goes for Wigan in midweek. Win both of those and it'll just be a point needed from the Arsenal game.

I'm not getting excited about the Premiership till its impossible for Liverpool to win it.....

I think our banana skin game could be the Wigan game.. just got a bad feeling about it

I'm not getting excited about the Premiership till its impossible for Liverpool to win it.....

I think our banana skin game could be the Wigan game.. just got a bad feeling about it

I think the Premiership has been in the bag since that comeback against Tottenham tbh - or even the Macheda winner against Villa. Those type of weird wins are the mark of champions.

If I was a United fan I'd be looking at the Champions League now.

I think the Premiership has been in the bag since that comeback against Tottenham tbh - or even the Macheda winner against Villa. Those type of weird wins are the mark of champions.

If I was a United fan I'd be looking at the Champions League now.

Why?

There's still 3 league games for them to play, with the kind of atttude if installed into the players would probably mean they'd find it hard.

I mean Man City - Anything can happen in a derby.

Arsenal - hardly an easy game.

They don't need to focus on anything else apart from the league until it's done, it would make no sense.

Why?

There's still 3 league games for them to play' date=' with the kind of atttude if installed into the players would probably mean they'd find it hard.

I mean Man City - Anything can happen in a derby.

Arsenal - hardly an easy game.

They don't need to focus on anything else apart from the league until it's done, it would make no sense.[/quote']

I said fans, not players ^^ And United sell out Old Trafford and fans cheer them on regardless.

I think it'd be the biggest shock since the first minute San Marino goal against England if Liverpool won the title now. I just meant that if I was a United fan, I'd be infinitely more concerned about the Champions League final because if they DO fail to win the league now, then its divine intervention as far as I'm concerned!

TBH I couldn't give a toss about the CL. The league should always be our main priority.

Like PFM'er said, anything can happen in a Derby game, look at last season for proof.

Arsenal, depsite midweek Arsenal are a very tough team. Some good luck helped us

and I agree with Mark, Wigan could be a very tough game for us.

milan, condolences - I do hope you get better.

~

Interesting stuff... - congrats 10-3.

Edit: That's 5 of them on my friendship list now, and one Administrator. I have a feeling someone's going through it and picking names :D.

It's only just bloody happened, you're quick off the mark :p I was posting the official thread whilst you were posting this.

Have you just been surfing people's profiles until you found out who had been given the job? :D

:D

No, I was reading a thread on Stadium Names in GD, and someone linked to another thread giving ideas for future stadiums to be named after districts. Reading through that thread, I noticed that 10-3's name was in bold.

Is mkus on your friendship list?

No, I don't like to name drop (okay, I love it really), but Amaroq, tenthreeleader, Neji, GillsMan, dafuge and Andersson are. The first four have all become moderati recently, or at least since being on my friends list.

TBH I couldn't give a toss about the CL. The league should always be our main priority.

Like PFM'er said, anything can happen in a Derby game, look at last season for proof.

Arsenal, depsite midweek Arsenal are a very tough team. Some good luck helped us

and I agree with Mark, Wigan could be a very tough game for us.

Is the taste of glory so strong you can dismiss trophies like that? :(

I'm rather disgruntled about the Liverpool result. I predicted 3-0 (we do predictions as a family), yet everyone else including Mark Lawrenson predicted a close game, so I dropped my prediction to 2-1. This is the second time this has happened to me, as I predicted a draw in the Carling Cup Final yet predicted a Man U win because everyone else had :mad:.

No, I don't like to name drop (okay, I love it really), but Amaroq, tenthreeleader, Neji, GillsMan, dafuge and Andersson are. The first four have all become moderati recently, or at least since being on my friends list.

Obviously, you're a kingmaker :D

I'm rather disgruntled about the Liverpool result. I predicted 3-0 (we do predictions as a family), yet everyone else including Mark Lawrenson predicted a close game, so I dropped my prediction to 2-1. This is the second time this has happened to me, as I predicted a draw in the Carling Cup Final yet predicted a Man U win because everyone else had :mad:.

Serves you right for following the herd.

hooray, the mod squad finally has an American...how soon til I earn a ban?

O-BA-MA

Congratulations. I'm thrilled for you.

Incidentally, trivia bit for those who know (i don't). Liverpool's only lost 2 matches all season (so far). What is the fewest number of losses a premiership side has had without winning the league?

Is the taste of glory so strong you can dismiss trophies like that? :(

As much as it annoys me that people still continue to call me a glory hunter despite supporting United since my dad took me to old trafford when I was a four year old, I will answer this question without a hint of that annoyance.

I am not dismissing the trophy, I just think that in comparison to the domestic league trophy, the European trophy should not take prioirty. We play more games, against more clubs and spend more time trying to win the Premier League, so I will be prouder to win that. There's nothing wrong with wanting to win the league title over the european cup.

Oh, on a side note, congratulations Tenthree on becoming a mod :)

Archived