Legends Database 2009 - It's Out

Deus84

hi everybody. I am proud to present you a brand new database for Football Manager 2009: Legends Database 2009.

I worked a lot upon this database (6 months) and spent a lot of time doing researches, watching videos and looking for

infos and the result seems really great to me. Together with the database you'll find a no-fake (keep in mind that my no-fake file, taken from an italian forum, have translated the nome of european/world competitions in italian...if it's a problem you can replace my no-fake with another one) and a specific .ddt found on fmfans.it so you don't need to find new ones. I'll be quick:

More than 2,000 players, managers and staff (stadiums, presidents, referees) added to the game

Each player/manager (when possibile, of course) has accurate stats, ca/pa, playing & non-playing history

All the players/manager (when possibile) have their own cut-out pictures made by me

Over 60 teams (clubs & nationals) of the past have been accurately re-built: some are teams of a specific year (rome 1982, real madrid 1959,milan 1991, man utd 1999 and so on) some of a wider period (like Don Revie's leeds or Pele's Santos) and so on.

Most of the rankings and awards histories have been completely re-built in order to guarantee a more realistic game

Other surprires...

Actually it's been a huge work for me so there will be probably some mistakes....I admit I know quiete well most of the legends

of the game but there still lots of player i've never heard about and some i've probably forgotten. Sorry for that, I hope you will enjoy my

db HAVE FUN GUYS!

Download links:

Database

http://files.filefront.com/Legends+Database+2009rar/;13717362;/fileinfo.html

or

http://rapidshare.com/files/236239602/Legends_Database_2009.rar

Pictures

http://files.filefront.com/AA+Legends+Picsrar/;13583734;/fileinfo.html

or

http://rapidshare.com/files/236239604/AA_Legends.rar

Some screenshots

Di Stefano's real Madrid

realgiustogt0l.jpg

New world ranking

nuovaclassificaea2.jpg

Sacchi's Milan

milanvn4.jpg

Gilmar!

gilmarft8.jpg

F.A.Q. & Known issues(apologize for my...rusty english)

Do I need a patch to use this database ?

Yes. You need to have the latest patch available in order to use the database.

Where should i put the db and pictures folders ?

The database should be extracted in the following path : C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\db

Besides, the pictures should be extracted here : C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\graphics\faces If there are no such folders you have to create them. Remember to tick the "reload skin" option in the Fm2009 setting in order to see the pictures

How many leagues should i load ?

It depends. In my opinion a Big database with 3 leagues (english,spanish and german) should be perfect, but if you want you can add further leagues.

I noticed there are a lot of transfers in the first months...is it normal ?

Yes it is. Just consider that the best football players of all time are all there!

Why does the game tell me that a player (even a old one) has played the first game of his career with x team even if his history is correct ?

Unfortunately this is a known bug of the game. There's nothing i can do about it.

Even if i'm playing with a very strong team i find it difficult to win every single match. Why ?

There are two reasons: above all, if you're playing in EPL or Serie A...well, actually those two leagues are now far more difficult because of the re-built teams. Then : as a fm player you should know that the chemistry of a team is VERY important in the game (sometimes more important than the players themselves). A high-chemistry team is a team where the players have good "harmony" because they have played lots of games together...unfortunately, because of the "new player bug" it's like if the players of your team are playing together for the first time so there could be not chemistry! Because of this the second season of the game is far more realistic than the first one.

I'm playing in the UEfa Cup or Uefa Champions league and i have to present the list of the registered players for the competitions BUT i can't choose any players of my team because the game does not recognize team as home-growth players! What can I do ?

This is another bug of the game and it has nothing do to with the database. The only way to succeed is 1) despite the bug choose the players you want to register 2) go on holiday/vacation till the expiration date to present the list. It should work!

I'm currently using other players pictures...What happens if I want to use the legends pictures as well? Maybe some conflict with the other pictures ?

Don't worry, there are no conflicts between the legends pictures and the normal player pictures.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What an immense effort you've put into this database, I hope you enjoyed working on it, watching old videos and all. I will give it a try and go AC Milan (a lot of the same team as when I started playing CM Italia, that was season 93/94 I think).

Thank you and I'll let you know how I get on.

Because now the game is full of uber-talented players and because of this i have removed most of the modern best players (not everyone, though). Otherwise the game would have been too imbalanced ;)

Thanks for that dude, am looking through for any possible data issues. Not sure whether to be excited or disappointed at George Best. On the downside, one of the best ever looks bad to start off with, on the upside, he has MASSIVE potential. I suppose if I want to I can always alter him.

Don't worry about Best, in the years he became one of the best players of the game. His attributes are low because of the foot-bug. As you know Best was both-footed but if i try to set him both-footed on the editor the game automatically lower his attributes :(

All credit to you man, been waiting around for a Legends database to jump start playing FM again. :)

EDIT:

Just checked out the database, why would you delete John Terry when Frank Lampard and Francesco Totti was only reduced to 16 year-olds?

Because I removed random players, that's why. Kaka is in the database (obviously younger and weaker, but with a great potential), Ibra is not...ronaldo is in, c.ronaldo is out...there are no specific reasons mate, and i would like to remind you that we are talking about a legends db so i did not pay too much attention to modern football players, my work has been focused on past players ;)

is there any other celts other than jinky

Yup. Stevie Chalmers,Billy McNeill, Henrik Larsson and Bobby Lenox are playing for Celtic. I wanted to put other celts but it was very difficult to find decent infos and pics ;)

Congratulations on an absolutely fantastic piece of work! I appreciate the amount of work that has gone in to this. The level of detail is just incredible. I like the way you have added some legends in as youngsters as in 15-20 seasons there'll still be legends in the game.

Furthest down I saw based off my observations is Championship, while Leeds would TECHNICALLY count as a League One team, they've been moved up to the Prem.

Lack of Boro Legends though, just a minor blip IMO.

Love how the mighty Magyars are so cheap to buy though. :D

Imho It was impossibile to create legends for each team, besides I did not find enough infos and pictures of lots of players of the teams mentioned...i think it was useless to create players with random roles/ ca-pa and with no pics...don't you think ? :)

Imho It was impossibile to create legends for each team, besides I did not find enough infos and pictures of lots of players of the teams mentioned...i think it was useless to create players with random roles/ ca-pa and with no pics...don't you think ? :)

No problem at all mate, it must have taken a stupid amount of work as it is!

Cheers anyway :D

Actually that real madrid is probably the strongest team club ever...i guess you should strenghten your team and maybe you will have a chance (btw i beat them at the second year with lazio after a breathtaking match)

ILuvManUforeva it was actually 7-3 but either way the Madrid team were amazing.

Bit dissapointed with this db noticed that the likes of Arteta, Cahill, Jagielka have been removed but looks great otherwise

How could you have a full legends team and have your current best players in the game also? The game would never work as the wage bill would be enormous and too many players would become unhappy and want to leave for not getting a game.

I think this is a fantastic piece of work. Well done!

Agreed, just went into the red signing Pele and Passarella, currently unbeaten in the Prem after nabbing Nordahl as well.

Surprisingly, they're not too hard to please even if I just stick them on for half an hour a game or so...

Very nice - in all honesty I don't know who to try and sign first! The best thing is that every team will strengthen with these legends, making it a very competitive database.

The only gripe I do have is that there are a lot of high stats - perhaps too many generous 20's are given but I can understand why based on limited resource. On the upside of this, there doesn't appear to be any bias towards any team so the 20's are distributed very evenly.

The only reason I've mentioned this is because it sets the sale value of these certain players to be quite high, even in today's terms. I guess this is to avoid 'allstar legend' teams forming? Yet again there is an upside to this though, as you've set a few legends to be regens with very high potential. Because of their age and current potential their respective sale value is very affordable - between £3m and £15m and some even lower than that.

It's a brilliant database, and signing young superstars means I could potentially play 15+ seasons and enjoy using legends still. After that, I guess you will start using ingame regens as per usual.

Had a good go of this database now and loving it. Makes the game really fresh.

A tip for all you lot who want to play the game for a good few seasons is to go through the International teams and look at the under 19's and under 21's squads. A lot of the current players are in the game as 16 year olds and you can snap them up at the very beginning of the game. I bought a 16 year old Raul from Madrid for £2m and George Best for £2.7m. I'm at Liverpool so gonna have a lot of fun turning them 2 along with Gerrard, Hunt, McManaman and Carragher into world beaters.

On another note, how good is Puskas on this game!! He has 20's in nearly everything. Its a good job he is 29 so he doesn't destroy teams for much longer.

All in all this is great so far.

On another note, how good is Puskas on this game!! He has 20's in nearly everything. Its a good job he is 29 so he doesn't destroy teams for much longer.

I know! And Andy Cole only has 17 for finishing - not very realistic IMO. Puskas was good, but he's no Andy Cole.

I haven't really got stuck into a game yet, but had a look through the database and it's bloody impressive. Cheers. Was wondering if it's based off a 98/99 db? Because Van der Gouw and Jordi Cruyff don't really qualify as Man Utd legends (unllike Andy Cole)

[One of the above statements may contain sarcasm]

It's not a all-time legends team mate. Some teams (like manchester united, internazionale, arsenal, roma, juventus, napoli, ajax, barca and so on) are of a specific year: in this case (man utd) 1999. Last but not least: I think that a 17 finishing for andy cole is fine considering that just a few great legends have 20's. BTW Andy Cole performed really well for me and scored 23 goals the first year and 25 the second one :)

It's not a all-time legends team mate. Some teams (like manchester united, internazionale, arsenal, roma, juventus, napoli, ajax, barca and so on) are of a specific year: in this case (man utd) 1999. Last but not least: I think that a 17 finishing for andy cole is fine considering that just a few great legends have 20's. BTW Andy Cole performed really well for me and scored 23 goals the first year and 25 the second one :)

Was joking about Andy Cole.

Didn't realise that there was one era picked for each team, since for a lot of the other teams, those players would make an "all-time legends list" anyway. Cheers for clearing that up. That'll explain why all the Busby Babes are in the youth team then.