JiggyDempsey

Under Pressure Manager

8 posts in this topic

For the last 3 preseason, I've noticed that I'm classed as a under pressure manager. How can I be under any pressure when I have exceeded all expectations of the fans and board every season

Where's the pressure coming from?

I'm the same with me at Crewe. Expected to finish mid table, won the play offs in League One and all of a sudden I'm under pressure.

Same for me in Ajax. Probably it's somehow connected to high expectations for beginning season or smth.

I thought this was a known bug, I've been listed as an under pressure manager at the start of every season.

Could be under pressure to succeed, that's the only thing I can imagine it to be.

I'm not sure Alec Ferguson is regarded as being under pressure at the start of every season so why should I after 5 league titles in a row?

I'm not sure Alec Ferguson is regarded as being under pressure at the start of every season so why should I after 5 league titles in a row?

Sometimes he is, because he is expected to win the league again, and when United have the mandatory poor start, there are suggestions that he might retire.

I do think it is a minor issue however.

Good point, like you say it does appear to be a minor issue as I've never been sacked in the early part of the season.