What Clubs Have Sacked You?

FM05: Oxford. Was coming 8th (over halfway through) in our 2nd season in the premiership (in like 2020), Kassam decided this was appalling and sacked me. I added a new manager as I'd spent a long time on the save and didn't wnat to let go. Finished 10th in that season with the new manager. The next season I was a few games in and was in the top half and I was sacked again. I reloaded to the beginning of the season and sold my top players (didn't rip the squad apart though)to Spurs and joined Spurs as manager. Oxford were relegated.

I was sacked by Burton Albion in FM09 (2nd patch) for being relegated :(, which was fair enough.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In FM08 i was Leeds and got them in the prem after 4/5 seasons. Was around bottom half of the table in 1st season of the premiership when Robbie Fowler bought the club. He said he would give me a few games to prove i was good enough to be manager. Straight away i felt the pressure as i had Arsenal away and Tottenham at home. Lost my 1st game and drew my second game. Then got a message saying i was sacked as the new chairmen didnt think i was up to the job, i was going mad!!

I got sacked with my first game on 09. I was as Aston Villa and i was doing rather well after a few seasons. I had won a few cups and managed to pip Liverpool to fourth spot on 2 occasions. Then i went for the Man Utd job when it became available and that signalled the end of me at Villa. I didnt get the Utd job either and i was left in the football manager scrap heap.

Never on FM2009,(yet) but in the past

Atl. Madrid when they were a division 2 side, sacked after only 6 league games:eek:

Leverkusen, the season after they got into the CL final irl. Got them relegated.

I forget which CM versions for those.

Spurs, FM2008, sacked in January, 1st season, in the relegation zone.

Rangers, FM2008, sacked after 2 seasons and no title.

I've never been one to play season after season, so my recored over the years isn't too bad.

i got sacked the other day as Colchester manager on FM07.

after an expected relegation from the championship in my first season. i had a pretty good second season getting to the play off finals when predicted to languish in mid table obscurity. then had a disasterous start to my third season sitting below mid table with high expectations after last seasons over performance. then i declared interest in the milan job for a joke, they were bottom of serie A, the board didnt see the funny side. and after, what i thought was, a credibale draw away in the fa cup they chucked me =(

• 7 months later...

I got sacked by the Heracles Almelo board after winning 1 point in 9 matches at one point in the league. I would've sacked myself sooner! Total shambles.

They went on to relegation without me as well, so may not have been entirely my fault :D

Coventry on cm03/04, took them to @ kept them in the premiership for some seasons before getting into a relegation fight made the board sack me.

AC Milan FM09, after guiding them to 3rd or 4th. Cant remember.

However would've gotten the sack more often if id continued all the saves started.

not been sacked on FM10 (yet!) but on FM09 I was fired by Charlton, they gave me a transfer budget on bugger all and the wage budget was out of control when I took the job. I was expected to make the championship play offs. with 10 games to go I was 11th and play offs still achievable but was out of the blue sacked!!!

FM10: Wrexham

I started unemployed and joined them when they were 19th in the BSP after 15 games. I went winless for 10-plus games, but turned it around and finished 9th in the league. In the offseason I "accidentally" applied for about 5 jobs and I guess they didn't like that.

Sure I've been sacked from a few during the years but my best one has to be..............................

I was sacked from Ternana on FM 2010

I was cheating and gave myself about a €1squillion. Sacked my entire staff (backroom and playing) with the intention of building a mega Galacticos side but got sacked on my very next turn.

Sacked after one press on the continue button.................Good times.

i was sacked by Liverpool and West Ham in FM2009. It hasnt happened to me yet on FM2010 and hopefully it satsy that way.

Was sacked by Liverpool because i finished 5th and my finances werent very good. West Ham sacked me because i took over them when they were relegation battlers and i couldnt save them from thr drop. I thought this was a bit unfair.

Started at Newcastle Jets in Australia. Won the division in my first season then got offered the St Johnstone job who had been relegated from the SPL at the time. Got promoted from Div 1 the following season then really struggled in the SPL with their meager budget. Meanwhile i applied for the Algeria National team - got the job! After a run of defeats and draws St Johnstone eventually Sacked me.

So i continued managing Algeria and qualified for the 2014 World Cup. A mid table Cardiff then requested my services in the Championship where i managed to finish 4th losing in the playoff final. The season after i really struggled without a transfer budget and having a couple of key players leaving on bosman. They eventually Sacked me in October lying in 13th place (harsh!)

I then accepted a job at Campinense in the Brazilian Second Division, realising what mistake this was i quickly resigned after a day :)

Looking for a decent club i then applied and was accepted for the Preston Job in December, who were lying in League 2 at the wrong end of the table. Managed to survive that season and the following season i managed to get them promoted to the Championship.

After my fantastic achievement with Preston, Sheff Utd offered me a job. They had already been relegated from the Premierleague but with a 7million transfer budget i couldnt resist!

Currently 6th in the Championship (Jan2016) with Leeds storming away with the league. Found it very difficult trying to buy players of sufficient quality to step back into the Prem.

Is it me or do the majority of clubs in the Premiership seem far too good!?

• SI Staff

I've been sacked loads of times in the game. My one irritation is that ever since being really successful with Fiorentina in CM Italia 95 I have NEVER started a Fiorentina game since and not eventually been sacked. :(

Had never been sacked untill FM09, I was sacked by Reading after a disastrous start to the season.

On FM10 i have been sacked already by Ipswich so far. Took over them in December of the first season after they had sacked Keane and were 2nd bottom. I managed to get them to a 3rd place finish in the league & got them to the play off final after beating Cardiff 2-1 away and 3-0 at home.

But we lost 4-2 at Wembley to Reading in the playoff final.

Then the next season we had a poor start(Don't think we could get over the playoff defeat ;))

About 12 games in we got beat 8-5 away at newly promoted Millwall, Which saw Millwall leap frog me on goal difference and put my Ipswich side into the relegation zone. I was sacked straight after the result. :(

But im at Notts County now, Who have plenty of money for me to spend! So good times. :D

Last time on FM08: Paok Thessalonike, Greece. They were supposed to reach Uefa Cup, I was leading them to relegation.. I deserved it

Haha my mate got the sack on CM01/02 shortly after selling him Darrent Bent on the cheap to help him with Newcastle. He deserved it to. He bought Viduka off me, for cheap again, and Viduka fail to score all season and only managed two goals for him one of which was a pre season friendly.

It was annoying for me as I was promised good players in return for those cheap transfers.

Got sacked when managing Stoke in 2013.

They were on top 5 in England for a couple of seasons.

Then I did a mistake ive repeated over and over again, without being sacked however; I bought too many youngsters. I fell in love with talents, and sent them on the pitch, imagining they would be just fine and good. That was not the case, and I lost countless of matches.

Two experiences leave a sour taste in the mouth.

Fulham: After getting them relegated in my first season I got them straight back up via the playoffs and finished the third season 13th in the league only to be sacked the infuriating thing was Fulham had exactly the same league position and points as they did the season before I took over.

Wigan: I had turned Wigan into a domestic force qualifying for the Champions league winning multiple domestic cups and two UEFA cups and narrowly losing out in the league the last two seasons. Then with my talismanic Brazilian forward starting to show his age I paid a record club transfer for a young Brazilian wonder kid and attempted to introduce him slowly over the course of the season. My record signing didn’t like this and complained and put in transfer requests my old warhorse lost all form and for the first time in his career stopped scoring goals I dropped him but the wonder kid was just as off form and performances all over the pitch began to suffer I finished the season in fourteenth place and got the boot.

Only once in my current epic save (at least at club level - internationally, too many to count).

I took over at NAC Breda in the summer of 2038, with the board predicting a releation battle for the newly promoted side, and won the league (with an incredibly low points haul) with more or less the team I inherited.

The stats of said inherited team were all pretty terrible, but given my stunning performace the previous year (not in the sense that they performed with sublime skill, more in the sense that to say I was surprised wouldn't begin to cover it) - I thought there must be something behind it (hidden stats or team gelling-wise), so barely strengthened for the next season, where my board held hopes of reproducing another strong title challenge, preffering to keep my faith in the players who had performed the year before.

Boy, was that a mistake! Proving what a complete fluke the previous year was, we were sitting bottom of the table in December.

The team was hurredly beefed up with some skillful players from abroad, and within a couple of months we were comfertably out of the relegation zone. But the damage had already been done. Just outside the top half of the table in early April, I was given my marching orders...

I don't hold a grudge though, I returned to the club sixteen years later, the board reversing their previous decision (is that the right phrase? They unsacked me? Anyway, I was back). I learnt from my mistakes, and had a comlete clear out & took the to multiple european glories. Although I still struggled to win the league, because the NEC manager of the time liked to play 4-2-4 for 90 minutes of every match - which completely destroyed every AI team they played - one season I still came second, despite having a points tally that at the time was the third largest in the history of the Dutch premiership (and has only been surpassed twice since - the following two seasons).

Does that mean I had the last laugh? - probably not - the board thought they'd let a tallented manager slip through their fingers, - but their hands were over their laps - which is right back where I landed - To use a slightly confused analogy.

I'm a doormat.

FM08- Sacked at SV Wacker Burhausen, first ever job on the game, after 10 months in charge, they were languishing in second place 3 points behind the leaders and were on a bad run of results and I made a few dodgy signings when I first joined. They expected me to win the league and get promoted which obviously never happened.

CM03/04- I also got sacked at Corinthians in Brazil because I could only manage 9th place when the board wanted a mid table position. I suppose I got sacked because my results were too inconsistent. Also i jumped ship from Galatasary before they booted me on this game aswell. After guiding them to the Turkish league title in the first season, it went downhill in season 2 and I was limping home in 4th with job staus 'Precarious' before Gaziantepspor came in and offered me a job which I took.

I once got sacked by man utd 3 times in 1 season, I kept rejoining under a slightly differant name, think this was in 06 version.!!

I gave up on that save at that point, restarted a completely new save....and got sacked again!

However I have not been sacked since.

Only once in my current epic save (at least at club level - internationally, too many to count).

I took over at NAC Breda in the summer of 2038, with the board predicting a releation battle for the newly promoted side, and won the league (with an incredibly low points haul) with more or less the team I inherited.

The stats of said inherited team were all pretty terrible, but given my stunning performace the previous year (not in the sense that they performed with sublime skill, more in the sense that to say I was surprised wouldn't begin to cover it) - I thought there must be something behind it (hidden stats or team gelling-wise), so barely strengthened for the next season, where my board held hopes of reproducing another strong title challenge, preffering to keep my faith in the players who had performed the year before.

Boy, was that a mistake! Proving what a complete fluke the previous year was, we were sitting bottom of the table in December.

The team was hurredly beefed up with some skillful players from abroad, and within a couple of months we were comfertably out of the relegation zone. But the damage had already been done. Just outside the top half of the table in early April, I was given my marching orders...

I don't hold a grudge though, I returned to the club sixteen years later, the board reversing their previous decision (is that the right phrase? They unsacked me? Anyway, I was back). I learnt from my mistakes, and had a comlete clear out & took the to multiple european glories. Although I still struggled to win the league, because the NEC manager of the time liked to play 4-2-4 for 90 minutes of every match - which completely destroyed every AI team they played - one season I still came second, despite having a points tally that at the time was the third largest in the history of the Dutch premiership (and has only been surpassed twice since - the following two seasons).

Does that mean I had the last laugh? - probably not - the board thought they'd let a tallented manager slip through their fingers, - but their hands were over their laps - which is right back where I landed - To use a slightly confused analogy.

I'm a doormat.

That sounds like a quality career mate! You ever plan on making an update for it?

Started at Newcastle Jets in Australia. Won the division in my first season then got offered the St Johnstone job who had been relegated from the SPL at the time. Got promoted from Div 1 the following season then really struggled in the SPL with their meager budget. Meanwhile i applied for the Algeria National team - got the job! After a run of defeats and draws St Johnstone eventually Sacked me.

So i continued managing Algeria and qualified for the 2014 World Cup. A mid table Cardiff then requested my services in the Championship where i managed to finish 4th losing in the playoff final. The season after i really struggled without a transfer budget and having a couple of key players leaving on bosman. They eventually Sacked me in October lying in 13th place (harsh!)

I then accepted a job at Campinense in the Brazilian Second Division, realising what mistake this was i quickly resigned after a day :)

Looking for a decent club i then applied and was accepted for the Preston Job in December, who were lying in League 2 at the wrong end of the table. Managed to survive that season and the following season i managed to get them promoted to the Championship.

After my fantastic achievement with Preston, Sheff Utd offered me a job. They had already been relegated from the Premierleague but with a 7million transfer budget i couldnt resist!

Currently 6th in the Championship (Jan2016) with Leeds storming away with the league. Found it very difficult trying to buy players of sufficient quality to step back into the Prem.

Is it me or do the majority of clubs in the Premiership seem far too good!?

some career that :thup: sounds exactly the type of game i would love to play but just cant get into it this year

Archived