What Clubs Have Sacked You?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many different CM/FMs, many different sackings :)

Including: Leeds, Newcastle, Hayes & Yeading (well they were relegated from BSS anyway when I took over to get some more experience), Werder Bremen, Hednesford.

I have more resignations than sackings usually. I resigned from my first job in my current game after over 2 years, and after I took over at H & Y, I joined newly promoted Buxton, who had no players or staff (!). I've built a half decent side though and I'm mid-table at Christmas. Got to the FA Cup 2nd Round too :) where we lost :(

Ive been sacked twice in all of FM/CM, once with Bolton on FM08 (just got abit bored and signed players like Harry Kewell) and then on FM09 with Crewe the first week the game came out (was still trying to get my head round why my tactics were'nt working)

i always get sacked by chelsea on fm07 but on my save on fm09 i think ill be sacked by arsenal for finishing 5th even though i won fa and league cups and getting to the semis of the champs league. if i dont do well next season i think im in for the chop

like the OP i have never actually been sacked in this game yet, since oooh god prob around 2005 FM i think which is the same as you. I have been very very close after this new patch though where managing newcastle i found myself in 17th position half way through the 2nd season after promising euro cup. Had fans on my back, board very dissapointed but my next 3 games were against man utd, arsenal and liverpool and i won them all 2-0. Saved my job.

edit: Actually i got sacked by blunderland as well but on purpose. I was testing out the difference in media responses when taking on a new job.

Question. 'So is this a dream job for you?'

me to along the lines of:

'meh, its a job that pays but its not like its a dream or anything'

sacked!

I've only been sacked once even tho i have bailed a few times just before i've been tin tacked i was Lazio on cm95/96 and 1st season i got to the coppa italia final and lost and finished 1 place above the relegation zone the next season got the venezia job in serie b and got them promoted

The only way I ever get sacked is by issuing ultimatums and i've learnt never to do that again.

Same, i asked arsenal to expand stadium, i was winning at least 3 trophies a season and was a global club but still 60,000 and then next day i was sacked for issuing an ultimatium

I was sacked at Coventry (CM03/04). After taking them to the PL and finishing 5th-8th for two or three seasons, I found myself in the middle of a relegation fight in the third or fourth season and therefore got sacked. I remember having Essien and Marinelli, and a nice young striker, Mark Goodman. Lee Camp was a great goalkeeper !

milan sacked me after i finished 3rd on 9.1 if I remember correctly.. But that's before I read the TTF :D

Got sacked on an FM07 career game. Came from Bristol Rovers to Hull with two games to get them the 5 points they needed to stay up. Did so. Got given 6m to mount a promotion bid. Spent it. Comes the eve of the first game...Sacked. Felt they needed a new manager to freshen things up. With a record of 100% wins in competitive matches, I feel this was perhaps harsh..

only ever been sacked once which was on 08.. got southampton to premiership then only got about 10 points from first 19 games.. so was rightly sacked

though my current save of my huddersfield with tycoon owner in prem just lost last 6 and fans calling for formation changes.. spent 120million in 2 season 1st season finished one above relegation and now im hovering around 12th. They want top 6 me thinks

Got sacked by Tottenham first season in my current save (Just finished 3rd) after winning Uefa Cup and Carling Cup and finished 6th (missed out on Champions League by 2 points) and my contract was running out so asked if i could have a new one...they said no so the bitter person i was lol decided to declare interest in the Juventus job so they sacked me...there loss as i got the Juventus job won domestic treble and now managing Real Madrid were again i won a domestric treble and got Champions League semis

All of them :D

nah, Liverpool about 100 times, a few championship teams, ANY lower-league team I've ever attempted, Bayern Munich, Ajax, Marseilles, Valencia and a few others.

So, it really was all of them then. :o

Not been sacked yet however after just a year in charge of Bognor Regis I applied for a vancancy that took my fancy.

The board were understandably not happy and gave me the oppurtunity to resign in order to save face. As I didn't get the other job I refused to resign and now in season 2 I am still at Bognor and currently top of the league.

The media describe my relationship with the board as strained however my job status is stable.

I have been saked a few times over the years. Funniest was with UTD. They had had a crappy season outside the top 6, I took over with about 7 games to go and got them into Champions League, Got sacked because the final league position. That was playing FM 08. Chelsea sacked me because I didnt win the league and had a poor start to the next season.

1. H&W Welders after I spat my dummy out, demanding a new stadium, training facilities and youth academy. My biggest regret to date.

2. Dunfermline. My all-Scottish local squad wasn't quite reaching their lofty standards of the top half of the Scottish Premier League.

3. Swansea. All Welsh squad failed harder than my Dunfermline one. So much so, I looked like a Cardiff secret agent.

4. Carmarthen Town - All Welsh squad far too crappy to compete with anyone. You'd think I'd learn my lesson.

5. Cork City - All Irish squad devoid of any confidence, losing most league games and almost certainly going to cost me my job. Still in the job as I type this, however.

Nottingham Forest, the boogers sacked me after a bad start to my second season, eventhough i guided them to 7th in the table in my first season with them. Went to York City, consolidated for a year, then went up through the playoffs at the expense of accrington stanley, managed to secure a playoff spot in league 2 at first time of asking, however, days before the playoff final i received the job offer from already relegated Wolves. Delayed for a week, lost the playoff final to Crewe, and jumped ship:-)

It's been a while since I was sacked, but I remember it happening a few times when I first started playing FM (mostly on 05). First time was Chelsea, but I kind of expected it seeing as a lot of my transfers backfired. Happens more with international teams, I've been sacked by France and Sweden (that one hurt).

Archived