Sports Interactive Community

ruined my best save by retiring once my manager was 75 as I felt it was realistic to retire at that age, ruined the game for me :mad:

made it to 2049 :( no other save has come close to that dedication

Most impressive thing is the lack of holidaying you did, I holiday between nearly every match.

The exact opposite to me.

I always tend to get bored with the game after about 10 years. One of the most fun aspects for me has always been familiarity with people in the game; players, managers and other staff. When it's 2050 and everyone you might recognize in the game is gone and some regen named "John Smith" is winning the Ballon d'Or, I have just never seen the attraction...

2021 on CM03/04. I was Tottenham all the way.

So far on FM11 its only up to December 2013. Two seasons at Malaga and half way through my second season at Valencia. Two of my youth prospects getting cruciate injuries put me off that save a bit :mad:

Playing on an England save now and will definitely get into 2014 on that, even if I get sacked after Euro 2012...

My longest was on CM01/02 which went on for just over 15 years I think. But after a while on that game, all the scores were rubbish as the AI had managed to work out how to play itself if you know what I mean, every game ended 1-0 or 1-1. I remember with Carlisle in the Premiership, I was top scorer in my last season with 48 goals. Couldn't stand that any more so I retired. I'm guessing that's not a problem anymore on the more modern games?

Turned 100 in my game now. With Tottenham board not willing to build their 3rd new satadium just yet i will be playing for atleast a few more years. Still hold a grudge that they replaced the stadium they named after me with their current Rooney Park!

Got up to 2057 in FM09 with Liverpool.

Got to 2027 with Alfreton in FM11 but I didn't enjoy the game due to some of the bugs.

Starting a long term save on FM10 with Trier while I wait for Patch 12.3 for FM12.

Currently i'm on my longest game. in 2027. Finding it fun as use two managers which keeps it intresting one to be One Club manager and the other to move around different clubs in different nations etc. Will be playing it till get FM12 so see far i can get before then. Finding it intresting that all players now virtually retired and seeing some them managing clubs and trying to challenge me and some new names that come up like my striker called Panda.

In FM07 or 08 (can't remember which) I got to 2017 with Tromsø IL, then I got sacked for ending at 6. place -_-

Won the league and the norwegian cup 2 or 3 times, furthest I got in CL was the first knockout round after group stage, although I did have some sweet games. Beating Liverpool 2-1 at Anfield, and beating Standard Liege 3-1 after a red card in the 5. minute. Also, before every season I had a friendly against AC Milan. First season I lost like 0-5, but the last couple of seasons I actually won.

The best part about that save, however, was how I managed the economy. I sold players for twice the amount I used to buy players (bought for 600 million NOK over the seasons, sold for 1.3-1.4 billion NOK. Would be about £70mill and £150 mill with todays rate). One season I had a transfer budget on about £17-18 mill, which is extreme for a norwegian team tbh :D

On an old CM game i had a save where i accidently left my PC on and my game running on holiday. I completely forgot about it and came back to it a week later when i wondered why my PC was on. Anyway it had done something like 180 seasons and all i remember was liverpool were in the conference lol.

Took me about an hour just to save and exit the game, never reloaded it again after that.

my current save atm is in 2039, here is a pic of my career history

igkadg.jpg

i did have a save in Erdivisie around 2034 but my laptop melted and i lost the file :(

My longest and favourite save ever was in FM07 I started at Valencia, dominated the league and won the champions league, went to West Ham and won the league a couple of times, went to Dortmund and dominated the league then went to Roma and won the champions league. Ruined it by taking over at Man United.

Think it was a bit over 20 seasons, all of the original players had retired. The quality of the regens/newgens was great. Best i have ever seen in FM.

FM2011 = 18 years (career with Man Utd, Bayern Munich, Iter Milan & England, but got bored as I was finiding thisngs little too easy)

EVER = 38 years (CM01/02 career with Man Utd, Norwich City, Sporting Lisbon, Bayern Munich, West Ham United & England)

My longest save in FM11 has been the one I'm on currently. I'm nearly at the end of August in the first season. ;)

I am currently in 2044 with everton on fm 2011 never went on holiday once. started to win trophies when bill kenwright left as chairman actually got some money. Its probably the best game ever and the easiest game to pass time with.

I'm currently in 2023 which is the furthest I have ever gone and it is with the mighty Penya Encarnada in the Andorran leagues :p. Hoping to get to around 2040 on it as long as it doesn't mess up.

21 seasons in FM11. You get to 100 and don't age any further. I think Nepo did a thread that was 100 years long on FM09 IIRC

I'm in 2020 with Tonbridge and have another save in 2025. A total of 679 hours played. Beat this, my good friends!!

In FM 2012 btw

Newcastle, from day one.

I find it very hard to keep the motivation to play as anyone else and I've never moved clubs in an FM game and kept on playing.

I don't think I could leave my club, after all, every player in the club was signed by me! So it would be devastating not only to leave, but to see them be sold off by another manager, or worse, I have to play against them!!!

Actually after about 13 seasons I had so many youngsters that I was excited to develop that there wasn't enough room for all of them to grow, not even by keeping a bunch on the u20 team, loaning many out, etc. So I decided I needed to simultaneously manage a mid table 2nd division English team (which turned out to be Leeds) so that the players could get playing time, I could oversee their development, and they would be playing at the right level for their ability at that moment. Well, after some success I was pissed about the youth that refused loan deals to the feeder club I myself was managing! So I knew I had to take over a bigger club, and then pretty much no players would turn down the loan deal, and training facilities + coaches would be at the same level as at my (primary) club!

10 years on, and my feeder club is the 2nd best club in the world, and my primary club is the best club in the world! I have faced off against myself in 4 Champions League finals! Nothing like knowing you have won the CL, as soon as the semifinals are over (assuming both clubs make it through)! I guess I just really enjoy developing youths, and hate watching my rivals develop them :)

FM12 and am in 2039, 1 club and haven't holidayed once.

Never played a game this long before. Currently 14 days 21 hours 15 minutes.

I didn't have the face pack so all the real world players had the nondescript blank pic for their face. But regens, hell, you can see what mood they are in, from looking at their profile, and it actually makes a big difference to me. They age, they might change hairstyles, maybe they never smile, even when they are in high spirits. The worst for me has been regens with long hair or afros that look the same in the engine as everyone else. WTF? But any way, because I scout so much I feel a connection with most of the top players playing in my game, because I probably scouted them 5 or 10 years earlier and didn't bring them in for whatever reason, didn't rate their potential, didn't think they would improve as much, didn't fit into my squad (personality wise) so its very interesting to see who becomes stars for other clubs and if they have come out of nowhere I am always thinking "How did I not know about this guy a couple years ago?"

Also, I feel like I already know who is good in modern football. So FM just becomes an exercise in trying to overpay for big names, who I like in real life, or signing youngsters that have been recommended by others on forums, i.e. why scout for the players with high potential when its already known who has high potential (at the start of the game)?

Any way, I get a big kick out of the business and player development aspects of the game, so having 1 good season doesn't mean much to me, I want to be dominant continuously. Year in, year out. Team has to be rebuilt, well, find a way to still be successful? Team is too young? Well, make sure there is a payoff and that the kids getting playing time are going to be great players a few years down the line.

And my team has had to let go of so many promising players (just don't quite make the cut, or eventually get old) that is always interesting for me to come up against former players.

My best example might be Samuel Eto'o, who I never signed as a player, but I gave him his start as a coach, making him my assistant manager for a good number of years. Well, now he is coaching a rival Serie A team!

I always tend to get bored with the game after about 10 years. One of the most fun aspects for me has always been familiarity with people in the game; players, managers and other staff. When it's 2050 and everyone you might recognize in the game is gone and some regen named "John Smith" is winning the Ballon d'Or, I have just never seen the attraction...

I'll give you a sneak peek, Valencia and Sevilla are much stronger, Barca and Real are very good, but not above other teams like right now, Man U and Man City are still tops, but Hull managed to win the EPL one year, Milan are *****, Lyon and OM rule France for the most part, and Ajax still produces fantastic youth prospects. :D

Could anybody with a very long term save possibly upload it, so some of us still in the 10's might be able to see what it's like :D

I got to roughly 2040 with Stuttgart and then Shalke.

Won the CL 19 times from 22 attempts with Stuttgart, then moves to Shalke, where have won league and champions league 13 seasons straight.

Got annoyed at having to ask my scouts to scout every bloody new regen players, since 95% of them you have to unmask for whatever reason. My hand got tired of clicking, so I want to start a new game in Spain with player attirubte masking turned off (which I thought I had on this game). Even with this option there are a few players masked. I think as time goes on the less the percentage of unmasked players.

Got loads of print screens - which I can put up if this forum is still active? Anyone around here?

I'm in 2030 right now on my fm13 save. It was my first real save and I just never found a reason to start over.