Newgen dates - chronological list

desmond31

First few:

27.12. - USA

23.02. - Montenegro, Bosnia, Georgia, etc

07.03. - Croatia, France, Germany, Switzerland, Israel, Hungary, Greece, Northern Ireland, Russia, Ukraine, Wales

12.03. - England, Austria,

16.03. - Slovakia

17.03. - Portugal, Poland, Italy, Denmark, Czech Republic, Belgium,

18.03. - Romania, Bulgaria, Slovenia

24.03. - Netherlands

27.03. - Spain, Serbia

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do people go about searching for Newgens? I'm sure most don't go onto the World>Transfers>Youth Intake and crawl through every single Newgen. Does anyone have any tips for the best way to quickly search for anyone wothwhile? Or am i going to have to slowly make my way through every name ?

The US are supposed to get their regens by the 27th of December but now it's my second time getting to that date and the US aren't getting any regens. MLS are loaded as view-only. Anyone else experience the same? Will they arrive next year or may i risk a game without any new US players?

I only run the English Premier League but customise the database to add all players from a variety of top nations, including Brazil, in order to get plenty of newgens and make a long term save viable. Have got to 27th September 2011 and there are no new Brazilians. An earlier post stated that they appear on the 20th of September. Do I have start again and to change my set-up in order to get Brazilian newgens? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For FM2012

JANUARY

27.1 - Costa Rica

28.1 - Honduras, Jamaica, Guatemala, Panama, Nicaragua, Netherlands Antilles, Suriname, St Vincent, Guyana, Grenada, El Salvador, Cuba & Bermuda

FEBRUARY

23.2 - Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzeg., Estonia, FYR Macedonia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, New Zealand, Georgia, Andorra, Albania, American Samoa, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Vanuatu, Armenia & Malta

MARCH

2.3 - Mexico

7.3 - Australia, Croatia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine & Wales

12.3 - Austria & England

16.3 - Slovakia

17.3 - Belgium, Czech Republic, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Cyprus & Indonesia

19.3 - Bulgaria, Slovenia & Romania

25.3 - Denmark & Netherlands

28.3 - Serbia & Spain

APRIL

2.4 - Argentina, South Africa & India

18.4 - Uruguay

MAY

7.5 - Mali

JUNE

6.6 - Barbados, Bolivia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Venezuela & Trinidad & Tobago

AUGUST

20.8 - Sweden & Hong Kong

27.8 - Canada, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkmenistan, U.A.E, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Macau, Yemen, Thailand, Tajikistan, Syria, Sri Lanka, Philippines, Palestine, Pakistan, Oman, Northern Mariana Islands, Nepal, N. Korea, Mynamar, Mongolia, Maldives, Macau (China PR), Laos, Kyrgyzstan, Jordan, Guam, East Timor, Chinese Taipei, Cambodia, Brunei, Bhutan, Afghanistan, Bahrain & Bangladesh

29.8 - Burundi

SEPTEMBER

2.9 - Malaysia

7.9 - Chad

18.9 - Chile

19.9 - Brazil

20.9 - Russia, South Korea & U.S.A

22.9 - Iceland & Republic of Ireland

24.9 - Finland

27.9 - Colombia & Singapore

OCTOBER

2.10 - African teams (I've found this to be true if you don't have any African xml's loaded. If you do then dates tend to vary)

7.10 - China PR & Norway

15.10 - Peru

NOVEMBER

1.11 - Belarus

Hi people. Great thread but I'm so confused! Need some help as my brain is smaller than the average mule. I am confused which list to use. Does anyone have a definitive list as there are serveral on the last page or so.

Q2- if I got to world, transfers, world, youth intake will that provide with all the newgens in my game? Every single 1?

Q3- when should I expect to see some new gens as I'm in December of season 1 and there are currently 0

Many thanks for any help

I don't think they start till the second season.

The first ones I seemed to have was USA on the 27/12 and there were some very very promising prospects in there.

Although most can't join until they're 18.

Some very good young newgens spotted in USA and Canada, though irrespective of if they're under 18 or over 18, you can scout them, but there's not always a "make bid" button. Think that has something to do with the youth draft protection system in USA, amongst the other many crazy rules there. Odd occasions there was a "make bid" button, a message came up about the draft protection.

So effectively, unless they're somehow released by their clubs, you can't get them.

As for dates for newgens, whilst the USA, Canada ones have come through during my first season, by the start of November 2011, I've yet to see any appear from any other nation. This taking into account I have leagues running for nearly all European leagues, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, USA, Mexico, China, South Korea, India, Australia and South Africa.

I didn't seem to have that problem heath... I signed a couple on the cheap and didn't once come across not being able to bid. Will it be something to do with how your not allowed foreign or non - euoropean players (or whatever the rule is) with Cadiz.

I have 2 or 3 coming when they turn 18.

Also a fair few of the Carribean clubs start turning them out around the end of January. I know your a big fan of some of them :)

Nope. :(

The whole setup with North American players is weird... though I do understand and accept the "draft protected" situation.

1) Any that have a North American nationality, based in USA or Canada, but with an EU second nationality, the "Make An Offer" button is available most of the time, though sometimes not, but they're all draft protected.

2) Any that are based in USA or Canada, but only have an African nationality, the "Make An Offer" button wasn't available for all but one player I looked at. For Spanish clubs, no African players are classed as "Foreign" due to the Cotonou Agreement, so they should be classed the same as any EU nationality player, therefore that won't be preventing anything.

3) Any that are not EU or African nationals, again, the "Make An Offer" button isn't available, though as a Segunda B club, I wouldn't be able to bid for anyone classed as "Foreign" anyway.

The oldest newgens were 22, whilst the youngest were 15.

On the whole though, I've absolutely no clue how the "draft protection" system works, so no idea if there's any way around it to sign players, how long they're draft protected for, or indeed if the only way to get them is if they're not attached to any clubs. All the players I looked at were at clubs, albeit minor clubs in the USA and Canada.

To add to my confusion, there were two South African players, at the same Canadian club. Both 20 years of age. One had the "Make An Offer" button available, whilst the other didn't...

I've spent an hour or so sifting through ALL the newgens that have come through in North America so far. Can't sign or even approach a one of them.

Q1 - I am confused which list to use. Does anyone have a definitive list as there are serveral on the last page or so???

Q2- if I got to world, transfers, world, youth intake will that provide with all the newgens in my game? Every single 1? - So there wont be any hidden regens if i do this??

Q3- when should I expect to see some new gens as I'm in December of season 1 and there are currently 0 - so end of december of the first season i should expect to see my first regens?

Sorry i said i was stupido

Many thanks for any help

The list on this page a few posts up is pretty spot on, especially for the main big countries.

It will show all newgens that have signed for a club yes. However there could be some with no club.

Yes look at the list above, there'll be some from North America in December, Carribean in Jan, Eastern Europe and Mexico in Feb and then a few of the big ones start in March.

No newgens have come through so far and I'm in December 2011 only a couple of players to make up the numbers in crappy brazilian and lower league teams, is this right and should I expect a youth intake around march for my Spurs team?

Yes and with a bit of luck around the same time you should have some good regens coming through from the likes of France and Italy...

No newgens have come through so far and I'm in December 2011 only a couple of players to make up the numbers in crappy brazilian and lower league teams, is this right and should I expect a youth intake around march for my Spurs team?

As stated, on the 27th of December, newgens will appear in the teams from USA.

A lot of teams acquire newgens in March, including England itself, Spain, Italy, Portugal etc.

Thanks. That's helped me completely. So if newgens are created and have no club is there any way of finding these? I presume not unless the scouts pick them up? Also is there a large %who start with no club?

I'm not entirely sure. You could use the player search with all players on youth contracts based in a country. I don't know how many there are though, I've only recently started spending time looking in depth at regens.

Thanks for both replies but I'm running the Brazilian Serie A & B and see no newgens as of yet, same goes for the african teams. Do they show straight away once they're on trial or do they have to be on a youth contract before they appear?

They should show on the dates above before when the clubs get them on trial.

hmm ok I did check the big clubs and so far no country has had a batch of newgens come through yet, I checked on FMRTE incase I was being a m0ng and whilst there were newgens they were just there to make numbers and had been in since the start of the game at non league teams etc.

I hope my game isn't ruined as I've got pretty far into my first season and it'd just be a pain to have to restart for newgens to appear on the correct dates

Do any countries produce Regens the first year i.e 2011?
Yes, if you start in a league with a start date in early/mid 2011 then newgens will be generated that year. Although if I recall correctly from my holidaying, not the early ones, just from ~Aug and onward. This is fairly easy to check by starting in 2011 and holidaying to Jan 1 2012 and then checking the history on the World > Transfers > World > Youth Intake screen.

Seems my question has been answered as the Brazilian league is still running when my game started (July 2011) - doesn't explain the african newgens unless they're in the same boat as above :s

I also had the same issue with no newgens being generated in Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec 2011, so I went on holiday until the start of Oct 2012 and found that they all appear as normal during 2012. Don't know if it is a bug or SI just decided not to start generating players until 2012, but at least they will appear eventually and long term saves will be viable!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm playing high usage xml game (116 nations 241 leagues) with starting november 2010 ... actually even there is no youth intakes some free newgens are generated at start of the game and some are few days later... Add Players Playable Teams are "Unticked" for me and I have 78037 regen at 28.11.2010 and 56127 are Under 18 [FM2012 - Numbers from Genie Scout 2012 - Its still beta maybe not %100 accurate]

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So is it safe to assume that regens don't come through until Sep 2012 in Brazil? I'm currently playing as Flamengo and it's now October 2011 and no still no regens.

So is it safe to assume that regens don't come through until Sep 2012 in Brazil? I'm currently playing as Flamengo and it's now October 2011 and no still no regens.

20th of September

20th of September

I know the date.

My statement reflected the fact that I'm assuming regens aren't created until the 20th of Sep, 2012 since no regens were created 20 Sep 2011.

I'm sure I got them the first season.

Yeah mate, nothing for me.

Screenshot2012-03-25at122532PM.png

The first batch of regens came in November for Belarus and then in October they came in the States.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've followed the instructions but i still can't see any youth players. Do i look in 'youth' section or 'youth intake' section and do i need to go through every club within that country and look for youths? Thanks

Hi. I got a list from a different website

I take it there is a difference between the new patches???

26th January

■Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curaçao, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent, Surinam, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos Is.

23rd February

■Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herz., Cyprus, Estonia, FYR Macedonia, Fiji, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tahiti, Tonga, Vanuatu

3rd March

■Mexico

8th March

■Australia, Croatia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Israel, N. Ireland, Russia, Scotland, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, Wales

13th March

■Austria, England

17th March

■Slovakia

18th March

■Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Indonesia, Italy, Poland, Portugal

19th March

■Bulgaria, Romania, Slovenia

25th March

■Holland

28th March

■Serbia, Spain

2nd April

■Argentina, India, South Africa

19th April

■Hong Kong, Uruguay

7th June

■Bolivia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Venezuela

19th August

■Sweden

27th August

■Afghanistan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, Chinese Taipei, Guam, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macau, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Northern Mariana, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, U.A.E., Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen

2nd September

■Malaysia

14th September

■South Korea

19th September

■Chile

20th Septeber

■Brazil, Ireland

23rd September

■Iceland

25th September

■Finland

28th September

■Colombia, Singapore

3rd October

■Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Rep., Chad, Comoros, Congo, DR Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, São Tomé & Príncipe, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zanzibar, Zimbabwe

8th October

■China, Norway

16th October

■Peru

2nd November

■Belarus

27th December

■U.S.A.

• 3 months later...
Bump to see if anyone has spotted any changes to these dates for FM13?

I noticed that it was pretty much the same for English teams and I think for the French, German etc and the rest I think, but I didn't see any Mexican regens on the 3rd of March (and I also have the league loaded). Can anyone confirm?

I noticed that it was pretty much the same for English teams and I think for the French, German etc and the rest I think, but I didn't see any Mexican regens on the 3rd of March (and I also have the league loaded). Can anyone confirm?

Go to a mexican team, then on their transfer page - history and then from the drop down menu select youth intake, it should tell you the date they came into the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

OK, we have the list of dates and the clubs most likely to spawn talent. I appreciate my next questions are probably missing the obvious in some respects but as this is an area I have never explored, can anyone advise:

Is there an advised method for trawling through these as painlessly as possible?

Surely any gem worth having is not going to be allowed to be poached easily?

For English clubs there must be work permit issues for recruiting non-EU Nationals?

Archived