Big Money Friendlies in BS South

It's the start of the 2016-17 season for Billericay in the Blue Square South. As usual, there's lots of red ink on the balance sheet.

The most the club can earn from a friendly is $35,000. Most clubs that can produce this gate, if they will even accept a friendly, want a big piece of the action. But I have found a continental second-division club that will visit for $0, leaving me with the full take. They will also accept endless friendlies. I have them booked for six matches this preseason.

I'm not going to name these patsies -- at least right now.

Has anybody found similar suckers? I've tried about a dozen other Euro clubs but have found no other $0 takers. My suckers are on page one of the "all" screen in the arrange-friendly setup. If others have found similar goldmines, perhaps we can trade club names. Or have I lucked onto a glitch in FM2009?

I think it is a bit of a glitch. It might be harsh to call it a cheat but it is certainly exploiting an area of the game that doesn't work very well.

Personally I always leave the arranging of friendlies to my assistant, he usually does a decent job and occasionally gets a money spinner.

I've rationalized this by thinking that if a club wants to accept an invitation to play a friendly for free, I'll make the offer -- and feel a bit sheepish. I've never left friendlies to my assistant.

greenwhitearmy: go to the "all" screen and start inviting teams, starting with the first one listed. You won't have to go very far down the list to find the team -- if the "glitch" exists in your game.

found them 1860 munich if anyoen wants to know beat them 2-1 with a bss side lol

Yes, 1860 are not only bankable but they are beatable. They couldn't be easier to find. I haven't done an extensive search, but I haven't found any other clubs that will visit for free and produce a maximum gate. Perhaps the game developers made them a gift for lower league managers.

Archived