April Fool...

I have no screenshots - apologies!

However, I am Plymouth Argyle in the Premiership (2011) and I had a message saying my board were giving me £500m to buy new players and build a new stadium - great I thought, better run up to the 24hour Spar to get some munch and stay on FM all night.

Did I accept the offer? Of course I did - then it said 'April Fool - you didn't think we'd make it that easy for you, did you?' Classic!

I have seen this posted before, and it is April 1 on my game, just thought it was a cool coincidence that it is actually April Fools day today as well - double whammy!!

Now I'm off to the shops anyway!! :D

Anyone ever got this msg

In an incredible display of generosity, the tottenham board have decided to award a sum of 500,000,000 pounds to spend on players and a new stadium.

PLease confirm your acceptance of this unexpected bonus.

when i accept, there is a caption APRIL FOOL with a reply " you didnt think we'll make things that easy for you, did you?" came out

T_T. then i checked the date on the game, 1 apr 09. Today's date 1 Apr 09. Coincidence? T_T

:(

I have screenshots : first this followed by this.

Hopefully we can keep it all to one thread this year.

Love the Real London club badge! LOL.

Does this April fool thing really add anything to the game though?

Would have probably pi55ed me off if it had caught me out.

I have a sense of humour but FM is enough of a challenge already isnt it?, without stupid misleading news reports.

I think they should exclude this from future versions so that we don't get these threads every year...

Just a thought, is all.

I hope this is a an April Fools because it is one of the worst comments I have ever read on here

Jeez, you must be very easily offended or disgusted if an innocuous comment like that makes you cringe that much

Not particularly, no.

I just find it weird that people spend time and effort to moan about people duplicating threads when if they just ignored them they would slowly float to the bottom.

Look pal, Your sadly never going to change my mind on how annoying I find this so fire away with your next comment but the above describes my feelings clearly......It's not a big deal.

Not particularly, no.

I just find it weird that people spend time and effort to moan about people duplicating threads when if they just ignored them they would slowly float to the bottom.

Look pal, Your sadly never going to change my mind on how annoying I find this so fire away with your next comment but the above describes my feelings clearly......It's not a big deal.

Why did you mention people moaning about duplicate threads? That has nothing to do with Management's post, which is what you took exception to

Plus I wasn't trying to change your mind, dunno where you got that from. I was just confused as to why you thought his comment was that bad, seemed pretty tame IMO

I have a sense of humour but FM is enough of a challenge already isnt it?, without stupid misleading news reports.

C'mon, have a sense of humour, I thought it was funny :D

surely thats an April fool too as you could not possibly be serious?!

jeez

It just a bit of fun, maybe more should be added

25/12 - Go enjoy Christmas

Pancake Day - Go Eat pancakes (Can't remember date?)

1/1 - Happy new year

17/9 - Send DB1 presents:)

surely thats an April fool too as you could not possibly be serious?!

jeez

.....but surely this is an April fool !, Goddam! LOL. Actually I wonder how many if any are not in this thread, it has turned into the worst thread in the world containing many of the worst Posts in the world - and some were mine!, and thats no joke!

Still believe that any time spent programming a lame joke into the game may have been better spend elsewhere in the games development, though, thats all.

SI - you could've at least changed the April Fool to something different from FM08

e.g. Due to your impressive training ground performances, the club would like to offer you a pay-rise and the chance to become Player manager.

Or something similar!?!?

Any other suggestions along these lines?

i got this about 10 mins ago i found it hilarious and a coincidence lol it happened 2nd season on my Man City save i was jumping around and thinking of all the big names i could buy when i clicked accept i was like what the hell that sucks.

prank.jpg

Archived