Sports Interactive Community
Cereal_Dave

FM2009: FC Red Bull Salzburg Thread - Gives You Wings

FC Red Bull Salzburg

309341-1-480.jpgRed_Bull_Salzburg.png302843-1-480.jpg

FC Red Bull Salzburg is an Austrian football club, based in Wals-Siezenheim. Their home ground is the Red Bull Arena. The club was known as SV Austria Salzburg before being bought by the Red Bull company in 2005 who renamed the club and changed the club's colours from its traditional violet and white to red and white. The change resulted in some of the team's fans forming a new club, SV Austria Salzburg. The club has won the Austrian Bundesliga 4 times, and reached the final of the UEFA Cup in 1994.

Club Information

Nation: Austria

Founded: 1933

Chairman: Loves the club

Legends: Otto Baric, Heiko Laessig

Icons: Heimo Pfeifenberger, Adolf Hutter, Franz Aigner

Favoured Personnel: Otto Konrad, Wolfgang Feiersinger

Fierce Rivals: None

Other Rivals: Rapid Wien, Austria Wien

Continental Competition: EURO Cup

Media Prediction: 2nd

Squad Personality: Professional

Finances: Rich

Average Ticket Price: £14

Average Season Ticket Price: £218

Season Ticket Holders: 16139

Estimated Value: £43m

Season Budget: £14.72m

Wage Budget: £70k p/w

Current Wage: £68k p/w

First Team Squad

Goalkeepers

Eddie Gustafsson

Timo Ochs

Defence

Ibrahim Sekagya

Milan Dudic

Ronald Gercaliu

Barry Opdam

Laszlo Bodnar

Anis Boussaidi

Andreas Ulmer

Jan-Marc Reigler

Nenad Jovanovic

Midfield

Rene Aufhauser

Karel Pitak

Somen Tchoyi

Remo Meyer

Alexander Zickler

Vladimir Janocko

Patrik Jezek

Christoph Leitgeb

Niko Kovac

Attack

Johan Vonlanthen

Marc Janko

Robin Nelisse

Squad Analysis:

In goal you have nothing to worry about. Both keepers are quite capable, especially in the Austrian league. Maybe you can look for a young keeper ready to step into their shoes. Expect some transfer interest in Ochs.

The defence looks weak, but its very versatile. Again, the league is of a poor standard so you might be able to get away with it, but one solid DC really needs to be brought in. Barry Opdam is the star man, but age is not on his side at 32. Ulmer and Bodnar provide good attacking outlets down the flanks, but I wouldnt rely on them defensively.

Midfield is probably one of the stronger areas of the team when used right. Aufhauser and Kovac are both solid, reliable midfielders in the centre and wont let you down. They're both the wrong side of 30, so look for some youthful backup here. Same goes for the wings. The quality is of a decent standard for this league, but a bit of depth and a bit of youth will be required. Janocko has a touch a quality about him, but dont expect him to do any running. He can be a great asset to the team with his passing and set piece ability, so place him in the "hole" and let every body else do the running for him.

With Marc Janko, you have a bit of everything. A perfect lone striker for your team. He will get you goals in this league no problem, with Robin Nelisse an able backup too. Vonlanthen isnt the greatest of finishers, so maybe should be looked at in an AMC role, using his pace to make runs into the box.

Recommended Starting XI:- 4-2-3-1

GK: Ochs

DR: Bodnar

DC: Dudic

DC: Opdam

DL: Ulmer

MC: Kovac

MC: Aufhauser

AMR: Pitak

AMC: Janocko

AML: Jezek

ST: Janko

I suggest letting your full backs attack as much as possible, maximising their strengths. Aufhauser should sit back and have a more direct passing to spread the play, with Kovas acting as a box-to-box midfielder, with shorter passing and through balls. I wouldnt give Janocko a free role due to his poor movement, but give him creative freedom and through balls often. Select Janko to hold up ball, list him as target man, and keep his delivery on mixed.

The league is a doddle and its a great chance to give your youth some games, but the challenge is to make a name in Europe. You cant attract star names so keep your eyes out for some gems, especially in South America.

Good luck guys.

Marc Janko is a monster irl. Is very average on the game. :(

Andrew Driver has just gone there on my game tho.

Potential Targets:

Daniel Parejo - with his price, you have to buy him. Gives you backup for the AMC position.

Ariel Borysiuk - £500k - can play as a defensive playmaker or box-to-box man, great mental stats for a youngster

Franco Zuculini - £250k - bring a bit more steel to the midfield

Bakary Soumare - £250k - a more reliable DC with age on his side

Morgan Schneiderlin - long term replacement for Kovac

The problem at the start of the game is that you dont have much wage budget left, so you have to sell before you can buy. Also, you're restriced to 7 non-EU slots, which are already filled. I suggest letting some coaches go as theres too many GK and fitness coaches. Personally, I released Robert Ibertsberger, Wolfgang Luisser, Herbert Ilsanker and Walter Pfoser.

Of my players, I got rid of Ernst Obster (30k), Piero Minoretti (released), Richard Kitzbichler (released), Nenad Jovanovich (loan), Norman Prenn (free), Heinz Arzberger (free), and i sold Timo Ochs in the end for £600k.

Marc Janko is a monster irl. Is very average on the game.

He's doing great on my game. The Austrian league is poor, and he just kills it. Decent in the air, a bit of pace, dribbles well, finishing ok. For a team like Salzburg, he's great.

I've played with Salzburg on previous patches, only played for about a month or so on 9.3.0. I'm not really busy these days so i'll play a bit. First thing I did was to fire most of the coaching staff cos they were rubbish and brought new much better ones like Bruno Martini, Gerald Ehrmann, Eamon Mulvey, Steve Walford... Also I've decided to significantly strengthen the team, I bought:

Daniel Parejo 1k

Razvan Rat ln fee 700.000€

Balazs Toth 1 mil

Aquivaldo Mosquera 1.7 mil

Tore Reginiussen 1.2 mil

Federico Vilar 2.5 mil

Marek Sapara 1.3 mil

Ezequiel Lavezzi 3 mil

Robert Lewandowski 1.2 mil

Diego Buonanaotte 8 mil

Total 20.5 mil

I sold:

Johan Vonlanthen 3.5 mil

Patrik Jezek 600.000

Remo Meyer 700.000

Niko Kovac 600.000

Milan Dudic 3.3 mil

Ronald Gercaliu 600.000

Ibrahim Sekagya 400.000

Timo Ochs 1.1 mil

Nelisse loan

Mahop loan

Total 11 mil

GK-Vilar

DR-Bodnar

DL-Rat

DC-Reginiussen

DC-Mosquera

MC-Aufhauser

MC-Sapara

AMR-Pitak

AML-Buonanaotte

SC-Lavezzi

SC-Janko

subs

Gustaffson

Opdam

Boussaidi

Janocko

Toth

Parejo

Zickler

Leitgeb

Lewandowski

With this team I'll have the league wrapped up by Hallowen and with a bit of luck I can stay in Europe after Christmas.

You get nearly £15m when going for the title. You only have about £2k p/w wages spare at the start tho, so you need to offload a few players to make room for any new signings.

Thats a lot of money tbh. I know the owner is rich but still in such a league. :)

Yeah, its great. You cant buy the top players, but that makes it more fun in finding a few gems. Pretty much anyone in South America will come to you too, so you can actually pick up a fair bit of quality. Just have to make sure you have some free non-EU slots.

I had a bit of trouble getting rid of players in my first season so i didnt bring many in either, having to wait until January now. Im in October and im top of the league by 7 points, unbeaten, but disappointed that ive drawn 5 out of 13. That included 3 draws in a row recently, failing to win them because of conceding a last minute screamer in every single one of them! Thats annoying. Ive got to the group stages of the EURO cup after first beating Vaduz, then Deportivo which was quite a challenge. In the second leg, Daniel Parejo came off the bench to score two late goals and win on aggregate. Result.

Im definately after a good DC in January, especially someone with aerial ability. I feel im giving away too much from crosses and corners. I'll be looking for a more rounded AMC too, with Janocko and Parejo being on/off a fair bit.

Ive also been playing around with my formation to accomodate my injuries, and my result of an asymmetrical 4-2-3-1 is producing some great passing and one-touch football, getting a good amount of shots each game and always getting around 58-65% posession. I'll post a picture of it soon.

Here we are:

salzburgasym.jpg

My main problem was that I had a lot of injury problems on my wings. I pulled the AML back to ML so that i could play Ulmer there originally, as he cant play as an AML. I pulled the DM back as at first it was intended for him to be the playmaker, spreading long balls across the pitch for the wingers to run on to. This didnt quite work, so i changed his through balls to mixed, with his passing left on the first notch of direct. He still spreads the play, but keeps posession a lot more, while sitting in front of the defence when we lose the ball.

I shifted the AMC over to the left to make him awkward to mark, and it also completes the small diamond on the left side with some nice passing between them. Another reason for the diamond was that i was playing both Janocko and Leitgeb in the ML position, neither of them natural wingers, neither of them with any pace. I used them more as a passing option to link up play instead of running with the ball down the flank. They still put in crosses where possible tho. Finally i left the right winger in the AMR position as Vonlanthen is competent there, and it helps to stretch the defence across to make space for the midfield. It also opens up a lot of space for the DR, great for Bodnar with his pace to get forward. It makes a lot of space for him to put in some crosses, while the winger can be more of a goal threat.

Suprised with how well this works tbh, and its always good to have an ugly looking tactic!

Interesting tactic there mate.

DC : Have a look at Bocaly, Juhazs (Anderlecht), Vandamme (Anderlecht, versatile), Onyewu.

If you need a new AMC try Luis Jimenez from Inter reserves or Carlos Vilanueva or something who is on loan at Blackburn, but they never sign him coz he doesn't get a work permit

Definetly starting a Salzburg save. I was going to wait until i've finished with Boca, but i think i'll run both of them together

Anyone got into the second season? Whats the transferbudget then!

Yeah, its great. You cant buy the top players, but that makes it more fun in finding a few gems. Pretty much anyone in South America will come to you too, so you can actually pick up a fair bit of quality. Just have to make sure you have some free non-EU slots.

I had a bit of trouble getting rid of players in my first season so i didnt bring many in either, having to wait until January now. Im in October and im top of the league by 7 points, unbeaten, but disappointed that ive drawn 5 out of 13. That included 3 draws in a row recently, failing to win them because of conceding a last minute screamer in every single one of them! Thats annoying. Ive got to the group stages of the EURO cup after first beating Vaduz, then Deportivo which was quite a challenge. In the second leg, Daniel Parejo came off the bench to score two late goals and win on aggregate. Result.

Im definately after a good DC in January, especially someone with aerial ability. I feel im giving away too much from crosses and corners. I'll be looking for a more rounded AMC too, with Janocko and Parejo being on/off a fair bit.

Ive also been playing around with my formation to accomodate my injuries, and my result of an asymmetrical 4-2-3-1 is producing some great passing and one-touch football, getting a good amount of shots each game and always getting around 58-65% posession. I'll post a picture of it soon.

Is it still possible to have more then 7 non-EU players in your entire squad...but you can only register 7 of them to play that season?

Yeah, I believe thats right.

And I *THINK* you may be able to register 7 in your amateur team too then play them for your senior squad, but dont hold me to that as I havnt actually checked yet. It was just a thought from my time with Salzburg on a previous FM.

Yeah, I believe thats right.

And I *THINK* you may be able to register 7 in your amateur team too then play them for your senior squad, but dont hold me to that as I havnt actually checked yet. It was just a thought from my time with Salzburg on a previous FM.

If that was possible I would give this team a go at some point for sure. I hae always thought about being them but never got round to it.

They're an interesting team to be. The league is easy so you may find that bit boring, but I use it as a great way to try out different tactics or give youths more games to encourage their development quicker. Then you have the challenge of the big boys in Europe. You can compete financially, but its about finding the right players. Gives you a chance to try out players you never thought you'd buy too.

I've been playing this save since Monday. It always takes me a while to get going since i work full time so only get a real chance to play on the weekend.

I have to say that Im loving it so far.

All my training, shortlists and formation has been set up.

I know what players i need.

I'm bringing in 2 CBs, 1 WBL, 2 players to play central mixed between DMC, MC, MC/AMC

I already know who in each position as well, but i wont player name unless you want me to.

Played the 1st friendly game last night. Won 2 - 0. Had 23 shots on goal. 12 on target and 3 CCC. I had it all my own way obviously. They had a total of 2 shots and none were on target. Im expecting once the league starts it will be alot tougher.

I was playing a bit yesterday, a little update of how I'm doing.

In January I sold Pitak for 3.6 mil, Leitgeb (2.5 mil), Toth (1.7 mil) and Zickler (500k). I bought Leo for 7 mil over 24 months, Kalouda (2.2 mil) and Cavenaghi (4.7 mil over 24 months)

League table

14189623.jpg

The results have been great so far, my defence is watertight. Vilar is such a great keeper (24 clean sheets in 37 apps), I've conceeded 2 goals in a match only once so far, against the mighty Altach. But on the other hand I'm not scoring as much as I would have liked. Sometimes I struggle to win 1:0 against teams like Ried which is puzzling cos in Europe I had no trouble putting 6 past Dnipro, 4 past Portsmouth at Fratton Park, 5 past Fenerbahce

52754870.jpg

and only superman Demirel Volkan saved them from complete annihilation

92167641.jpg

C'Mon Red Bull,yous better win when yous play against Bohs in the Champions League

Please

Just started my second season as Salzburg and i love the club and i think im gonna look out for their results in the new season irl. Rene Aufhauser is an absolute beast. The main problem i found was the 7 non eu players rule.

Season 1

League: 2nd (Lost on on goal difference to Rapid Wien by 2 goals!!!)

Cup: Won, easily

Europa League: Lost in the first knockout round to Ajax 3-1 on aggregate.

2008/09 Transfers In

Alexandr Kerzhakov - 6m

Diego Costa - 1.7m

Kily Gonzalez - 1.6m

Olivier Deschacht - 1.4m

Belletti - Loan (Loan fee of 775k)

Jan Polak - 725k

Dietmar Hamann - Free

Tugay - Free

Out

Diego Costa - 2.5m

Anis Boussaidi - Loan (Loan fee 75k)

Ibrahim Sekagya - 35k

Josip Coric - Loan (Loan fee 4k)

Nenad Jovanovic - Loan (Loan fee 4k)

Stefan Ilsanker - Loan

Jan Marc Riegler - Loan

Ernst Obster - Free

I'm currently 5 games in to the new 2009/10 season and am top of the league. I've won 4 and drawn 1 and am 3 points clear of Mattersburg in second place

2009/10 Transfers In

Alex - 10.5m

Ari - Loan (loan fee 2m)

Danny Wilson - 1.8m (French midfield regen)

Jaroslav Stepanek - 425k (Another regen)

Leonardo - Free

Out

Nenad Jovanovic - 110k

Wolfgang Schober - Loan

Marko Vujic - Loan

Tugay - Free

Dietmar Hamann - Free