The FM08 Career Thread

After taking Benevento to the playoff final, and getting sacked after losing in extra time, i decided just to start again with the same settings

Started a new game unemployed with a semi-pro reputation.

Leagues Loaded:

Czech Republic: First Division

England: League 2 upwards

Germany: Division 3 upwards

Hungary: Division 1

Italy: Serie C2 upwards

Portugal: Bwin League

Russia: Premier League

Spain: Liga BBVA upwards

Argentina: Premier Division

Brazil: First Division

Want to start in Italy again i think, but this time not with a club who will sack me after 7 games in charge

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the timeline of Mick Rowley, an Irish manager (born 11.5.1971) who favours Leeds.

Began with reputation as Pro Footballer, and only loaded the leagues from Scotland and England. I wish I had loaded Ireland as well, there are always job there.

Started unemployed. Began work with Northwich Victoria shortly after.

Worked as manager of Northwich from 9.7.2007 until 1.7.2008. I finished the season, after having been in the top 6 or much of the season, in 10th. I applied for jobs after that and accepted one from Stockport.

Stockport, what a great club, I was there a bit longer, from 1.7.2008 until 6.24.2010. While with Stockport, I finished in 11th spot both seasons and made a handful of decent signings. I received a job offer from Oxford at this time, who had found double promotion and were trying to stay afloat in Football League One.

I am with Oxford from 6.24.2010 until 14.1.2012, and during this time reject a job offer from West Ham, as well as one from a less lucrative club Falkirk. I kept them up for one reason, and resigned the next during the January transfer window after morale was low, the players hated me, we were sitting in third to bottom and I couldn't attract anyone good enough to get us out of the slump. I wanted to do what was right, so I walked away as it had become a disaster and there were cries for blood. Unfortunately, they were relegated in last place.

I apply for jobs and take up a position at Cheltenham on 5.3.2012. I demand transfer funds, as the team is in shambles and there was no way I had the patience to try and work with the mostly rubbish players there. I am Mick Rowley after all, I cannot take this crap from these degenerates! I issue an ultimatum to the board and am sacked. This is 1.7.2012. Well, I made it over 100 days and am turning out to be quite a controversial and unattached manager. At least my description is "Respected Boss."

I apply or jobs, and decide to take a position at Burscough (rejecting Shrewsbury and Macclesfield). I'm with Burscough right now and am determined to guide them into Football League Two within four years. I've found that the free transfer market is quite lucrative, picking up castaways from Sunderland, Reading and Sheffield Wednesday in the process.

I'm waiting for that spot at Leeds to open up (who have Gustavo Poyet as their manager and don't look like ever sacking him, with them just being relegated from the Premiership to the CCC and probably top contenders for a bounce back to the EPL). I'd also like to manage Swansea or Cardiff, and Hibernian.

The goal... Leeds, Ireland, and some silverware.

Manager information:

Highest fee spent: £375k for John Sutton on 27.7.2010

Highest fee received: £250k for Sergio Tejera on 1.1.2012

Time at Burscough: 68 days

Longest time at a club: 723 days (Stockport County)

Shortest time at a club: 118 days (Cheltenham Town) -- wankers

Number of awards won: 1

Number of players bought: 31

Number of players sold: 29

Number of players released: 30

Total value of players bought: £950,000

Total value of players sold: £375,000

Number of teams managed: 5

Total career earnings: £210k

Games won: 87

Games drawn: 79

Games lost: 92

Goals scored: 321 (1.2 p/m)

Goals conceded: 315 (1.2 p/m)

Goal difference: 6

I should also note that this is only the second time I have played without using the editor, reloading matches to get better results (which I consider cheating), or using multiple users to inject cash into my team. The first time went really well, but was tough, as I tried to steer Leeds into the Premiership, did so, only for a board to takeover and sack me instantly.

Archived