The FM08 Career Thread

Theres so much I want to achieve in FM, but so little time before FM 09 comes out..!!

First and foremost, I want to complete Dafuge's Challenge, and then Gundo's Challenge. After that, I want to run a small 5 season sign up, just to give people some interest, but with a twist, and finally embark on my own career game. I'm rushing through it, but getting no where :D

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How young is the regen? I've found that with one or two younger players. All I can do is get match reports. If you shoot up the world rankings or if they get older maybe you'll be able to call them up. Thought I doubt age is a major issue, the youngest player I called up was 15 (had to get there before the French did!)

Still, should be able to already if they favour your team. Although thinking about opting might not be the same as definately declared.

Good luck with the rest of the qualifiers and the African Nations!

Firstly, cheers for the good luck. I have qualified but only with a 3-3 draw away to Benin! I went 1-0 down (my keeper saving a penalty but then the player reaching the rebound and tucking it in from the tightest angles :@)

I really think I'm gonna struggle. We're descending the rankings so fast that my old team Jamaica have almost caught up!

The regen is about 18, but surely if he wants to play for Morocco than I should be able to add him in to the national pool?!

Well done in the group! If you do well in the competition proper then you shouldn't have to worry about qualifying. Since finishing in 4th place I've not had to qualify for it. I find the same thing with friendlies at the moment. It's difficult to get the results you want and blood enough players. I'd ignore the results myself and stick to getting the team together. Transistion sucks but struggling at friendlies will be worth it when you finally put together your best team.

How young is the regen? I've found that with one or two younger players. All I can do is get match reports. If you shoot up the world rankings or if they get older maybe you'll be able to call them up. Thought I doubt age is a major issue, the youngest player I called up was 15 (had to get there before the French did!)

Still, should be able to already if they favour your team. Although thinking about opting might not be the same as definately declared.

Good luck with the rest of the qualifiers and the African Nations!

Firstly, thanks for the good luck :thup:. I managed to qualify with a spectacular 3-3 draw away to Benin. They went 1-0 up when their player's penalty was saved but they managed to slot it in from a really tight angle :@. Then I stormed back to 3-1 and was cruising but then they pegged me back to 3-3 with about 5 minutes left. i just sat and stared at the game in shock when it finished. But, I'm there.

The regen is about 18, but if he wants to play for us there shouldn't be an issue with asking him into the national pool?!

I don't think Morocco would want me on your game!

Firstly, thanks for the good luck :thup:. I managed to qualify with a spectacular 3-3 draw away to Benin. They went 1-0 up when their player's penalty was saved but they managed to slot it in from a really tight angle :@. Then I stormed back to 3-1 and was cruising but then they pegged me back to 3-3 with about 5 minutes left. i just sat and stared at the game in shock when it finished. But, I'm there.

The regen is about 18, but if he wants to play for us there shouldn't be an issue with asking him into the national pool?!

I don't think Morocco would want me on your game!

Sounds like a good match :) real edge of the seat stuff!

I wouldn't worry about the rankings going down. I have huge dips in mine all the time. Between the proper competitions I can go from the 20's right down to the 50's. So long as you can hit a good vein of form, and get a bit of luck then there's no reason why you can't go all the way. I tend to find the African Nations quite tight in terms of the gap between the top teams. It's a really open competition. Least in FM :)

I know there shouldn't be any reason why you can't at least call them into the national pool. All I can think of is that maybe they're in the U21's for a different country but have since changed their mind about alliegence, or that 'thinking they would opt for' is not the same as being declared fully for a country. Or it could be a bug I suppose.

I want to finish my current season and get an update out but I have a presentation to write for a practise run tomorrow. If it all goes well then I will be given my masters ( ! ). I can say this though, the team who have scored the most goals in the league is....FC Sochaux! The team who has conceded the most goals in the league is...FC Sochaux again! It's irritating! I have the league's top goal scorer (27 league goals in 34 matches so far) but my keeper has let in 70+ goals. I think my defenders are fine, there's all sorts of interest in my back four, but when there is a chance my keeper doesn't perform.

Finally finished my first season as B1908 manager...not got any screenshots as i forgot to do some of the team when i had loanees in etc.

As an Amateur club i knew it would be tough but i also knew i would pull something out of the bag...

Media Prediction 15th from 16

Transfer Budget Zilch

Wage Budget None

Preseason i predicted that i would not come anywhere near what the media thought and that happened a full 12 places above that. I was well chuffed with my work and an honorable 3rd as a result of it. We made nifty signings on free's and from my parent club FC Kobenhavn; notably Mads Laudrup and Lasse Qvist who most of you have heard about. All the loanees made an impact on the squad and our push up the league table.

Laudrup was the heart and soul of the team, sitting in MC he didn't score or assist in many but he stopped the opposition well to snuff out their chances. Christiansen also on loan from Kobenhavn was a great second striker to Qvist, scoring 15 in 28, along with Lasse's 20 in 29. Defensively we were weak, although another player on loan Nikolaj Hansen was a good solid player to tighten the defence slightly.

My player of the season Morten Siefart, a AMRLC,FC was awesome. Signed for nothing, paid nothing, he played his heart out. P24/S6/A13/AVE7.75. I had to play him LM although i would have preferred to play him AMC.

Top Scorer Lasse Qvist, 20

Top Assist Morten Seifert, 13

MOM Lasse Qvist, 7

Ave Rating Morten Seifert, 7.75

With no out-going payments, only expenses our finances rocketed. Being 4k in debt at the start we managed to sore to 146k in the black. Good times ahead if we turn SemiPro/Pro. :fingerscrossed:

I need to look at improving every position in the squad to push for that promotion oppurtunity, we tailed off to the end of the season, losing 4 from the last 5, probably due to fatigue and lack of squad depth.

Season  Team                        League                         Finished    Achievements
07/08    B1908                       Danish 2nd Div (East)     3rd           -

Aims for next season

• Gain Promotion
  • Renew squad
  • Have a better cup run

There I was, after gaining promotion to the Blue Square Premier, i was stupid enough to think I could get another Blue Square Premier job. But no, I have been confirmed, as the new Blue Square South side, Salisbury manager. We're in 8th though, and we aren't far off the play-offs, so Here's hoping!

I know there shouldn't be any reason why you can't at least call them into the national pool. All I can think of is that maybe they're in the U21's for a different country but have since changed their mind about alliegence, or that 'thinking they would opt for' is not the same as being declared fully for a country. Or it could be a bug I suppose.

I want to finish my current season and get an update out but I have a presentation to write for a practise run tomorrow. If it all goes well then I will be given my masters ( ! ). I can say this though, the team who have scored the most goals in the league is....FC Sochaux! The team who has conceded the most goals in the league is...FC Sochaux again! It's irritating! I have the league's top goal scorer (27 league goals in 34 matches so far) but my keeper has let in 70+ goals. I think my defenders are fine, there's all sorts of interest in my back four, but when there is a chance my keeper doesn't perform.

Nice work Peljam!

Keep plugging away with FC Sochaux mate! If you strengthen the defence and keep a good attack then you're sorted. Bloody Benin!

why on the earth will the coding not line up, crazy....

This explains why it happens:

I think I know the reason for the messed up coding. On the old forums while writing your reply it would be displayed in Courier, but here it is displayed in Verdana. Courier is a universal width font (every character is the same width), but Verdana isn't. Going advanced and displaying your message in Courier should help you code properly in the same way the old forums had it.

I now face the same challenge as I did last year with Havant. I have to try and save Salisbury from relegation from the Blue Square Premier. Here's how my career's gone:

Career:

Year       League                    Club                          Position    Achievement                    
         -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
         2007/08   Blue Square South    Havant & Waterloovile          17th            Saved Club from relegation 
         2008/09   Blue Square South    Havant & Waterloovile          13th            Mid-Table                        
         2009/10   Blue Square Premeir  Havant & Waterloovile          24th            Resigned after 16 games    
         2010/11   Blue Square South    Salisbury                      5th             Promotion via Play-offs! 

So this season I got promotion with an edgy play-off 1-0 final win.. Here's hoping for a better return to the Blue Square Premier this time round.

I now face the same challenge as I did last year with Havant. I have to try and save Salisbury from relegation from the Blue Square Premier. Here's how my career's gone:

Career:

Year       League                    Club                          Position    Achievement                    
         -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
         2007/08   Blue Square South    Havant & Waterloovile          17th            Saved Club from relegation 
         2008/09   Blue Square South    Havant & Waterloovile          13th            Mid-Table                        
         2009/10   Blue Square Premeir  Havant & Waterloovile          24th            Resigned after 16 games    
         2010/11   Blue Square South    Salisbury                      5th             Promotion via Play-offs! 

So this season I got promotion with an edgy play-off 1-0 final win.. Here's hoping for a better return to the Blue Square Premier this time round.

how did you finish 13th in 2009 and then be in the blue square premier for next season

Career:

2009/10   Blue Square South    Havant & Waterloovile          4th              Promotion via Play-offs                    

Made a mess of the table starburst. Missed out a season, so a pretty stupid mistake yeh.

I might have to start having a go at this code/table malarky.

Just finished my first season in the Ligue 1 with Sochaux....12th overall. We topped the scoring, and conceded. If we'd had a keeper who was actually half decent then we could have done really well. He conceded 88 goals! Even 20 less would probably have moved us into the top six. Bah. Hopefully I'll the 3.7 mil from finishing 12th (plus 325k for topping the attack table) will be enough to buy a good keeper.

Rodrigo De La Vega - FC Sochaux & DR of Congo - 2020/21

Again I won't say much about the DR of Congo side of things, I'll save that for a bigger up date some other time. Just over half way through World Cup qualifying, with the prospect of the Confederations Cup to look forward to.

So, to recap, we had just been promoted to the Ligue 1 and the board and fans were expecting us to survive. The media reckoned we could finished around 15th. All in all that sounded quite reasonable to me though I obviously wanted to do better. The team had a lot of promising players who I hoped could make it after being blooded in the league below.

And we did....however we only finished 12th. Not a bad finish for the 1st season back in the top flight but we could have done so much better. As I've moaned before, and highlighted on the picture, we outscored everyone (including the champions) but also conceded more than everyone. Even the bottom placed team kept more goals out than we did. The keeper was a clear weak link by the end of the season and may have cost us. I only wished I'd noticed how bad he was before but to begin with our form was quite good. A bright start followed by an eventually collapse. Ah well.

Our top scorer, and league top scorer, was Ugur. He didn't really rip defence apart - he just happened to be on the end of everything. He was more than competent though as shown by all his awards.

I think next season I'll pair him up with Gouaze. A young DR of Congo player who bagged a good amount of goals considers he a) was a sub for two thirds of the season and b) missed games through the African Nations and injury. I think with more starts he could get some more. He turns on the ball really well and does seem to link up well with Ugur.

Also, the new captain at the back is Campos. A bargain buy that now has a lot of teams interested in him. Hopefully I can keep him for another season. As you can see with him in defence (with a similar centre back for company) the blame for the goals lies firmly on this guy. I need to replace him and do it fast.

So next season's plans?

1) Get new keeper and tighten defence

2) finish in the top 10

3) Actually compete properly in a cup. This season we just flaked out.

I can't see myself leaving just yet. I've already started tweaking my tactics (more in line with my attacking/almost diamond DR of Congo formation) so I can keep control in midfield more. Just need a good keeper to stop things at the other end. Unfortunately although we are now about 3million in the black very little has trickled into my transfer coffers, and very few good keepers want to come on a free. I may have to stick a young promising keeper in and see how they do. Anything is better than 88 league goals!

Year--------- Team-------------League---------------Position-------------Misc-----------

2007             BK Forward         First Division North          6th
2008             BK Forward         First Division North          3rd
2009             BK Forward         First Division North          3rd
2010             BK Forward         First Division North       Resigned
2010/11         Pizzighettone             Serie C1A               9th
2011/12         Pizzighettone             Serie C1A              12th               Won Serie C Cup
2012/13         Pizzighettone             Serie C1A               9th
2013/14         Pizzighettone             Serie C1A              10th
2014/15         Pizzighettone             Serie C1A              12th 
2015/16         DR of Congo           African Nations            4th 
2016/17         DR of Congo                 WCQ's                  1st 
2018             DR of Congo           African Nations          Winners
2018             DR of Congo                World Cup            2nd Round
2018/19            Hull City                       L1                    2nd                      JPT Winners
2019/20         FC Sochaux                   Ligue 2                2nd
2020             DR of Congo           African Nations           Winners
2020/21         FC Sochaux                   Ligue 1                 12th

[b]Trophy Cabinet[/b]
Serie C Cup (Pizzghettone)
Johnstone’s Paint Trophy (Hull City)

African Nations x2 (DR of Congo)

Well, a season to forget for me, as my Salisbury side came 21st, which is relegation. My reputation remains unproven, but after 2 promotions, I'm hoping I can get a Blue Square Premier job.

My Career:

Year         League              Club                    Position             Achievement                    
         2007/08   Blue Square South    Havant & Waterloovile          17th    Saved Club from relegation 
         2008/09   Blue Square South    Havant & Waterloovile          13th    Mid-Table    
         2009/10   Blue Square South    Havant & Waterloovile          4th     Promotion via Play-offs                    
         2010/11   Blue Square Premier  Havant & Waterloovile          24th    Resigned after 16 games    
         2011/12   Blue Square South    Salisbury                      5th     Promotion via Play-offs!
         2012/13   Blue Square Premier  Salisbury                      21st    Relegated and resigned

Sorry, just noticed that I made errors on the table before as well. I was in the Blue Square South. Sorry to get everyone mixed up. I'm just no good with these sort of things :(.

You still seem to have two 2009/10 seasons in there.

2020/21 Season Review

This was my third season with Wycombe and for the third season in a row I was attempting to avoid relegation.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Same old story in the league but I had the rarity of a cup run which ended with a replay against Liverpool in the 5th round.

Squad

Transfers

Here's what I splashed the cash on:

Martin Coufal (£150k)

Jacek Kowalczyk (£1.1m)

Dimitar Mihaylov (£120k)

Lumir Cizek (£130k)

Stuart Ford (£3m)

Ford did slightly better than I thought he would for a youngster, but Kowalczyk still looks like the star signing.

Star Player

One of the players I raided from my old club Notts County. His form was probably because he took over my target man role after my chairman sold my star player.

Job News

I was convinced I would leave Wycombe at the end of this season but after agreeing to improve the youth, training and stadium I think I might stay a bit longer. I want to see the youngsters I've signed develop and I'd love to get them a bit closer to the top of the table.

Career so far

Season     Team               Country      League                   League Finish      Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Started unemployed
2007/08    St Albans          England      Blue Square South        15th               Took over in March
2008/09    St Albans          England      Blue Square South        3rd                Lost in playoff final
2009/10    St Albans          England      Blue Square South        2nd                Promoted via playoffs
2010/11    St Albans          England      Blue Square Premier      4th                Lost in playoff final
2011/12    St Albans          England      Blue Square Premier      3rd                Promoted via playoffs
2012/13    St Albans          England      League 2                 14th    
2013/14    St Albans          England      League 2                 7th                Promoted via playoffs
2014/15    St Albans          England      League 1                 14th  
2015/16    Bassano Virtus     Italy        C1/A                     16th               Relegated, resigned  
2016/17    Notts County       England      League 2                 9th          
2017/18    Notts County       England      League 2                 3rd                Promoted  
2018/19    Wycombe Wanderers  England      Championship             19th
2019/20    Wycombe Wanderers  England      Championship             21st
2020/21    Wycombe Wanderers  England      Championship             18th

I started this last night, with the following leagues loaded.

England (All leagues)

France (National and above)

Germany (Second Division and above)

Italy (All leagues)

Holland (All Leagues)

and Spain (All Leagues)

I started unemployed with Semi-Professional Footballer, it took me until the 19th of December for a job, Cassino of Italian Serie C2/C, and no surprise they were bottom of the league. I drew my first 3 leagues games with them 2-2, 1-1 and 1-1 coming so close to victory but the crappy defence couldn't hold on long enough. I went on to lose my next two 3-0 and 4-3 and after that I couldn't take no more and quickly resigned. I was back job hunting again. Next job up was Workington who were 21st in Blue Square North, this had to be a bit easier than my last job as they were only 3 points clear of relegation but with 7 games left and with a crap squad I wasn't quite sure. Nuneaton Borough were my first opponents, we took the lead in the 69th minute and I was starting to believe we did have a chance, they went to score 11 minutes later, but the lads didn't give up and a sweet finish in the 89 minute by Michael Mackay ended our 4 game streak without a win. We went on to win our next two, 4-0 against barrow and 2-1 against Worcester, this has catapulted us up to 17th now, 4 points clear above relagation. With only 4 games left of the league I was really starting to believe we could stay up, our next trip was against 2nd place Kettering Town...

Okay, so it has been a while since I was able to play FM in any substantial way, but I have been continuing my career. Last time I posted I had just been sacked from Greenock Morton near the beginning of the 08/09 season. We had just been promoted to the SPL but the board, despite having a bank balance of 500k, had refused to hand over any money at all in transfers. Coupled with the fact that I was getting sod all returns from selling players I handed them an ultimatum: back me in the transfer market or sack me.

They sacked me.

I spent a couple of months jobless, waiting for the right job to come around before being offered a job I really didn't expect; Zenit Peterburg!

Considering I had just been sacked in anger at a club that was probably going to get relegated from the SPL in record time I was expecting a quite a lower league job (despite winning the Scottish Challenge Cup and finishing top of SD1 after being predicted to come in 9th). They had decided to let Dick Advocaat go after he got them knocked out of the UEFA Cup in the group stages and guided them to fifth place in the Russian Premiership.

They gave me a monsterous transfer budget (maybe why I got the job? ;)) of 15.25million GBP. When I looked at the squad they didn't seem to be too bad compared to the likes of CSKA. I put the transfer money to good use, keeping in mind the matchday squad restrictions in Russia where 6 members of the first eleven must be Russian and two of the twenty strong squad must be under-20 and trained by the club. I immediately began strengthening my forwards by signing Peter Odemwingie from Lokomotiv Moscow for 4.5mil (he has Russian nationality) and Henri Saivet from Bordeaux for 4.6mil (my personal transfer record). I also invested quite heavily in my defence signing Ramon from Flamengo for 2.5mil (bargain) and Valdimir Granat from Krylja Sovetov for 4.5mil.

<a href="http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh124/jerobolod/0809season/?action=view&current=squadpetersburg.jpg" target="_blank">2009 Zenit Squad</a>

<a href="http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh124/jerobolod/0809season/?action=view&current=transfers.jpg" target="_blank">Winter transfers in full</a>

The season started off well enough, though I was still getting to grips with the team restrictions and trying different starting line-ups, so performances were sketchy at best. Zenit were still in the Russian Cup (which starts mid-season and ends early the following season) and managed to progress to the final with ease. We faced a tough test in the final, playing CSKA Moscow. I prepared myself for my first taste of cup defeat but we managed to play them off the park.

<a href="http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh124/jerobolod/0809season/?action=view&current=russiancupfinal.jpg" target="_blank">CSKA Moscow v Zenit Peterburg</a> (Russian Cup final)

After this cup victory the squad seemed to be buoyed and we didn't lose another competitive match for the rest of the '09 season, storming to the championship with a huge 16-point lead from second placed CSKA Moscow by the end of the season.

<a href="http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh124/jerobolod/0809season/?action=view&current=finaltablepetersburg.jpg" target="_blank">Russian Premier Division table (2009)</a>

As the season came to a close we had qualified from our UEFA Cup group and been drawn a tough 2nd Round tie against Fenerbache and we were still in the hunt for our second successive Russian Cup victory. The squad, happily, didn't need much strengthening and I had signed a 12-month contract extension to take me to 2012. I have some work ahead of me to keep the squad together as there some pretty big clubs interested in almost my entire first choice eleven.

Oh, Morton were relegated after John Robertson replaced me, though they're currently topping the Scottish First Division. So hopefully they'll bounce back even stronger.

Career so far

Season     Team               Country      League                   League Finish      Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2007/08    Morton             Scotland     First Division                1st               Scottish Challenge Cup Winners, Promoted
2008/09    Morton             Scotland     Premier Division              12th              Sacked in October
2009       Zenit Peterburg    Russia       Premier Division              1st               Russian Cup Winners, League Champions

Clubs Managed: 2
Nations Managed: 0
Awards Won: 3
League Wins: 2
Cup Wins: 2
Games Played: 100

Right, the African Nations have been played!

Group A

Algeria

MOROCCO

Nigeria

South Africa

That was my group and I began against South Africa. After a stalemate first half with them the better side we suprisingly took the lead on 52 minutes from a superb 25 yard strike by Mbark Boussoufa. However they started to dominate and equalised 7 minutes later. I was very disappointed with my side's performance and to compound my misery on 72 minutes they took the lead with a freekick. Plus, it was one of them annoying free-kicks that you have an inkling is going to go in because the taker is the only player forward. No further goals.

Next up was Algeria, and a much better performance from my side. However, we had to come from behind to get a 1-1 draw. Maraoune Chamakh scoring the equaliser.

This meant that I needed to win my last game against the toughest opposition in the group and hope for a draw from the other game. The game started badly as we were reduced to 10-men unfairly when Adil Rami was sent off. The message 'FA silent over Proctor critisicm' no consolation at the end of the game. Then, against all the odds, we took the lead. Star striker and captain Maraoune Chamakh scoring an incredible goal, curling in from 30 yards after a poor defensive pass. But things started to go wrong after that. They equalised prior to half time through Obafemi Martins. In the second half, they made their man advantage count by steaming through to a 2 goal lead . Late on we brought it back to 3-2 (Chamakh again) and they had a man sent off also, but it couldn't be done. Algeria won the other game anyway but we were out, bottom of the group. I was promptly sacked.

I was offered two club jobs, Pau in the Ligue 2 Orange relegation zone, and Hibernian in freefall and in the one relegation place in the SPL. My choice was simple.

So, I'm back where I started again. Back in Scotland. And fully involved in a relegation battle. St. Mirren, Dundee and Inverness CT (:O) battle with me. My first two games: Dundee at home and Inverness away. At a brief look at the squad, I have Nathan Delfouneso, Ian Murray (former Norwich) and a talented young Dutch goalkeeper. Wish me luck!

Just got a big intake of signings, mostly unnecessary xD but i've come back to this save and they were all already coming in so I don't really know what my plan was, but now i probably have enough midfielders who play centrally to field a full team. Still, got this guy for 70k

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/3248/wesleywt5.jpg

Not too shabby for the C1A, my coach sais he'd be a good signing for most serie B sides, I'd probably consider him if i was playing a team like fulham or wigan in the premiership xD

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9913/arrigoniey6.jpg

Got him on a free and he's worth 300k :O I don't have to pay him too much either

Dunno why im updating half way through the season, but im kinda bored, and 12th so not much is really going on. I gotta stop using paint to save the pictures on the quality is terrible :thdn:

Season 2 - 08/09 - B1908 - Danish 2nd Division East

Media Prediction 14th

Transfer Budget None

Wage Budget Zilch again

So season two is over and after last seasons impressive 4th place the media weren't exactly kind and predicted us a lowly 14th from the 16. Shame they were so wrong. We were never in contention of winning the league but we gave it our best shot and ended an excellent second. We were a full 17 points behind winners Brondby 2nd's and just the 4 points above 3rd placed Glostrup.

No need to talk about the cup competition.

Again this season we loaned a few players from our parent club Kobenhavn. Namely Qvist again who was just awesome again. Mads Laudrup was also back playing a attacking midfield role this season as i had also Jacob Neestrup in defensive midfield. On the left i also loaned Stefan Monberg who was also awesome. My actual signings included 3 veterans, Brazilian Viola who was a bit part back up player, Cevallos the Ecuadorian goal keeper and his fellow compatriot Luis Enrique Capurro a 47 (yes! forty seven!) year old right back. Other signings were a new left back left back and a back up goal keeper.

Finances yet again grew steadily as no wages having to be paid helped no end. Finally ending the season with around 325k in the bank.

Top Scorer Lasse Qvist, 34

Top Assists Stefan Monberg, 24

MOM Qvist, 11

Highest Average Qvist, 7.96

Qvist goal to game ratio was awesome with just over 1 goal per game. Mads Laudrup was awesome in the second half of the season scoring in nearly every game, ending the season with 24 goals in 25 games from AMC. He was my player of the season.

Season      Team                      League                       Finished   Achievements
07/08        B1908                     Danish 2nd Div East    4th         -
08/09        B1908                     Danish 2nd Div East    2nd         Promoted

Aims for Next season

• Survive Probably Relegation Battle

• Turn Semi Professional

• Possible managerial progression

Okay, so I have started a new game. Thanks to using my new PC rather than my laptop I can play with many, many more leagues than I was running before. I'm running a fair few leagues and my fingers can't be bothered typing out all my selected leagues.

I have gotten a job pretty much straight away with Xiamen Lanshi in China. It's roughly midway through the Chinese season and they're sitting second from bottom in the Superleague.

This season's goals:

- Avoid relegation from the Superleague.

- Strengthen the weak Xiamen defence.

- Add more strength in depth to the squad.

Hopefully I can steer Xiamen to safety.

Heh, my new keeper who's replacing the 88 conceded monster GK, has already achieved more clean sheets.

I should add, more clean sheets for the new keeper in 9 league games than the old keeper managed in an entire season (including cup games)!

Heh, my new keeper who's replacing the 88 conceded monster GK, has already achieved more clean sheets.

I should add, more clean sheets for the new keeper in 9 league games than the old keeper managed in an entire season (including cup games)!

Nice work Peljam :thup:

At Hibernian I've simply found a decent squad that is very low on confidence. It's really frustrating because I've got £2.6 million in the transfer budget but i can't use it :(. I've so far played my two relegation battle games (see my previous post) and lost at home to Dundee after taking the lead, and then beat Inverness CT 3-2 away after falling behind twice. A last minute winner from former Norwich youngster Kris Renton. I've never loved a canary player so much!

I keep being a teasing 3 points off the playoffs, and then having a couple of bad games and then having a winning streak and being 3 points off again, its annoying the league is so close. It'd be so good if i got a double promotion, Serie B football :o

Started a new career again, B1908 wasn't going as planned. I resigned and then spent 6months holidaying for no job. Loaded up Argentina, Czech Rep, England, Poland, Romania, Spain and the USA. Lets see what this brings us.

Started a new career again, B1908 wasn't going as planned. I resigned and then spent 6months holidaying for no job. Loaded up Argentina, Czech Rep, England, Poland, Romania, Spain and the USA. Lets see what this brings us.

Talk about not going as planned, i had a really good undefeated run going on, 3rd to last match of the season, the team above me were 2 points ahead, in the playoffs, probably my last chance to get in the playoffs, then my team suddenly decides to have a rubbish day and we lose 3-1 and it could've been alot worse if it wasn't for my goalkeeper :mad: damnit FM is such a cruel game sometimes

Season 2010/2011 - Montevarchi

Media Prediction - 17th

Actual League position - 7th - http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/6453/italianseriec1astagesnn1.png

Squad: http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/5617/montevarchicalcioaquiladr7.png

Transfers: http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/4328/montevarchicalcioaquilaut4.png

Although I did much better than I was predicted, the season overall was a cruel season. I started off badly, unable to score, lots of draws and a few losses and did badly in the cup. It took me till my 9th game (my 5th league game) to finally get a victory. From there my results were good and bad and by December I had escaped the relegation play off places and was completely glued to the 10th spot. However with marchi having a great season (finishing with 23 goals) and a few new quality players arriving I began to climb the table. I was having a great run of results and was 2 points of the play-offs. There were 3 matches to go and my next match was against the team directly above me. If i won i could've finished in the playoffs, in a cheeky manner. I managed to draw 1-1 earlier in the season when i was poor of form so I was fairly confident we could win. But it wasn't to be, we conceded within 2 minutes, and from there we went on wasting chances, and right at the end of the half we conceded 2 more. My whole team was having a bad day of it and no replacement could've changed the result much, I managed to get back one goal but that was it. In the end I had to settle for 7th place.

My Player of the season - Marchi - http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6624/ettoremarchiprofiletu2.png

My signing of the season - Wesley - http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7647/wesleyprofilekc3.png

[font=Courier New]Season | Team        | League                         | League Finish | Acheivements 
07/08  | Burghausen  | German regional Division south | 4th           | None         
08/09  | Burghausen  | German third division          | 8th When left | None         
08/09  | Montevarchi | Serie C2/C                     | 11th          | Beat media expectations 
09/10  | Montevarchi | Serie C2/C                     | 1st           | Won C2/C and Serie C super cup 
10/11  | Montevarchi | Serie C1/A                     | 7th           | Beat media expectations [/font]

I going to start up a new career game, as i have nothing else to do, in which i shall be loading up these leagues

England - League 2 and up

France - Ligue 2 and up

Germany - 2. Bundesliga and up

Italy - Serie B and up

Holland - Eerste Divisie and up

Portugal - Liga Vitalis and up

Russia - 1. Divison and up

Spain - Liga BBVA and up

I will be using th 8.0.2 update but i have edited it to get rid of the Defoe problem and i am also using the sortitoutsi real name thing and thats why everything has the real name.

Rodrigo De La Vega - FC Sochaux & DR of Congo - 2020/21

Here, finally, is the International update. It’s going to be a bit on the big sides because it has all the World Cup Qualifiers in, friendlys and of course the Confederations Cup. Because there are so many fixtures in this one I’m going to separate them by competition and whether they were friendlies and present them that way, even though the friendlies were dotted all over the place and the Confederations Cup took place in the middle of the WCQ’s.

WCQ’s

We were drawn in a group with Eithiopia, Botswana, Morroco, Togo and Equitorial Guinea. I wasn’t too worried by the group. Most of them were small teams that I had beaten before or was confident of doing for the first time. The biggest teams there, Morroco and Togo, had come a cropper against me before.

In fact the only worry I had here was that I was still trying to rebuild the team. Top all time scorer Mbele had announced that it would retire at the end of the year and his normal strike partner Ridge Munsy was rapidly approaching the same sort of point. The defence was also full of youngsters. Full of promise but as the results will point out, prone to mistakes.

Ethiopia

The team seemed a little rusty after a break from football. There were one of two injuries that limited selection a little but it was a good excuse to give more playing time to the fringe players and newbies. As it was it was a recent debutant, Cedric Lucas, and fringe striker Abel Bodin who got the goals. We couldn’t seem to squeeze them out anywhere else and the match ended 2-1. We outplayed them but we just didn’t finish it off as I’d hoped.

Final Score: 2-1

Botswana

They had caused a bit of a splash by turning over Morroco in their first game but I still considered them to be a pretty small team. It was a match for the old guard though. We scored 5 goals and not one of them came from a player under 30. Legend Mbele grabbed a brace from the bench. A goal for Captain Mongongu, LuaLua and an own goal finished the scoring up for us.

Final Score: 5-1

Morocco

So our first real challenge. At least as I viewed matters. I was wrong though. Although they were a solid team we played brilliantly. Some of the passing was an absolute joy to behold and seemed to promise great things once the team matured a little.

LuaLua and Nlundulu, who I was thinking of using to replace Mbele full time, got the goals.

Final Score: 2-0

Togo

Another clean sheet for us here and another three points. The slick passing continued and Togo were played off the field. LuaLua and Nlundulu again the scorers but this time Nlundulu got a brace.

Final Score: 3-0

E. Guinea

A repeat of the last scoreline again as the minnows stood now chance. A further repeat in that Nlundulu grabbed two again. He was really on fire. The man he was replacing, Mbele, also managed to get one against the weak Guinea defence. Nlundulu was doing well upfront but I hadn’t yet settled on someone to partner him. I didn’t really want to waste time using Ridge Munsy as he had maybe one decent competition left in him.

Ethiopia

Again we conceded against them. They put up more of a fight this time round but the leopards had had time to gel by this point and handled it fine. We even managed to improve on the last result against them by a goal. We had the same scorers as the previous match against Guinea but this time Mbele got the brace.

Final Score: 3-1

Morocco

Another scoreline improvement, and perhaps more importantly signs of who could partner Nlundulu in the long term. FC Sochaux striker Gouaze! He netted twice. Two good goals. One from inside the box and a screamer from outside. Nlundulu put the final nail in the Moroccan coffin with one for himself.

Togo

A good performance but a shock result all round here. No matter what we did we couldn’t seem to score. I lost count of the amount of times the ball hit the post and was hoofed off the line by a panicked Togan defence.

Final Score: 0-0

With only two matches left I was more or less guaranteed promotion. I was top of the table and for things to change I would have to lose both my games by a huge amount, and second placed Botswana would have to win their last two by a huge amount also. As it was the next match was against them….

Botswana

Grrrr! For some reason my team decided that things had been too relaxing and proceded to keep me on the edge of the seat throughout the entire match. After only 15 minutes Botswana were winning 2-0. By half time this had swung around though so we were winning. A brace for Gouaze, a goal from Nlundulu and an own goal made it 4-2 to us. There were still more goals to go though and the final score ended up 6-4 to us. Goauze finished with a hat trick on the 90th minute.

Final Score: 6-4

So we were through! More World Cup Football for us at some point!

The next match was just a formality.

E.Guinea

Another hatrick for new striker Gouaze.

Final Score: 4-1

So…onto the Confederations Cup. We were drawn into a group with Japan, Argentina and Italy. I wasn’t overly confident. I thought we could get a result against Japan, and then maybe squeeze a draw out of Italy.

Japan

It was pretty much end to end stuff. They’d attack and then we’d hit back when they were stretched. Both sides passed really well and it was just really very entertaining. Well it would have been if I hadn’t been desperate for a win. We took the lead through oldtimer substitute Mbele but Japan equalized 3 minutes from the end. I was gutted. I thought we had fallen at the first hurdle.

Argentina

I was expecting a sound beating. And there was one. Luckily for me though it wasn’t the way round I had been expecting it at all. My team seemed to take the game by the scruff of the neck from the moment they kicked off. Argentina actually looked bewildered. The news item said afterwards that they were shell shocked and I could see it. All our passes were perfect, we moved around the pitch beautifully and the finishing was just deadly. A brace for Goauze, a brace for winger Papy De Neves and one for defensive midfielder Douad. Something I should point out. Two of those players were and still are at FC Sochaux and Douad had just been sold on by me!

Final Score: 5-0

Italy

We went into the next match as the group leaders. We were tied with Italy on points but our trouncing of Argentina had just pushed us ahead. After the big, historic win, confidence was high. Incorrectly so. Just like when they knocked us out of the World Cup Italy were just a little too much for us. We tried valiantly but they just had the edge in the end.

Final Score: 1-3

Their win pushed Italy into first so they played Spain and we were drawn against Brazil!

Brazil – Semi Final

The quality of the Brazilian team was gobsmacking. It was apparent in every area of the pitch. We gave as good as we could though and generally matched all their silky passing moves. More impressively we managed to keep them out of our box. Whenever they tried to pass it in or dribble past us we stopped them. They didn’t need to get that close though and they scored three, that’s THREE, spectacular goals from outside of the area. We pulled it back to a gap of one goal after Nlundulu and Gouaze got a goal a piece but the final Brazil goal stopped any chance of a comeback. The last goal was in the area. If we hadn’t concede through those fantastic goals then we would have won! They went onto to win the competition.

Final Score: 2-4

Italy – 3rd Place Playoff

Back against Italy again. They had been turfed out by a strong Spanish team. I thought we would have a chance of settling matters against them but they continued to frustrate us. They’re turning into a bit of bogey team. They only scored one goal but we just couldn’t match them up front.

Final Score: 0-1

So we had qualified for the World Cup again as well as managing to put in a respectable performance in the Confederations Cup. As the team gets older and more experienced the problems at the back seem to be sorting themselves out. I’m confident for the upcoming African Nations (where we will attempt to win it for the 3rd time in a row!) and the World Cup. I’ve got Angola, Ghana and Libya in the African Nations group. I’ve no idea who I have in the World Cup yet.

I’ve put the friendlies below. Just as results. As you can see we didn’t have a great time with them. For some reason we seem to really struggle against European teams.

FR

Czech Republic 2-3

Bosnia & Hergz 2-2

Croatia 2-3

Australia 1-1

Canada 4-2

Greece 2-6

-------Year--------- Team-------------League---------------Position-------------Misc-----------

2007             BK Forward         First Division North          6th
2008             BK Forward         First Division North          3rd
2009             BK Forward         First Division North          3rd
2010             BK Forward         First Division North       Resigned
2010/11        Pizzighettone             Serie C1A                    9th
2011/12        Pizzighettone             Serie C1A                    12th               Won Serie C Cup
2012/13        Pizzighettone             Serie C1A                    9th
2013/14        Pizzighettone             Serie C1A                   10th
2014/15        Pizzighettone             Serie C1A                   12th 
2015/16       DR of Congo           African Nations               4th 
2016/17       DR of Congo                 WCQ's                       1st 
2018            DR of Congo           African Nations            Winners
2018            DR of Congo                World Cup               2nd Round
2018/19            Hull City                       L1                             2nd                      JPT Winners
2019/20        FC Sochaux                   Ligue 2                        2nd
2020            DR of Congo           African Nations             Winners
2020/21        FC Sochaux                   Ligue 1                        12th
2020/21           DR of Congo                WCQ’s                            1st
2020                DR of Congo               Confederations Cup       4th 

[b]Trophy Cabinet[/b]
Serie C Cup (Pizzghettone)
Johnstone’s Paint Trophy (Hull City)

African Nations x2 (DR of Congo)

It is the 3rd January an I've been offered the job of newly promoted Dinamo St. Petersburg in the Russian Second Division, on a 2 year contract, they currently have only 7 players so I will have to build a new squad straight away. On a positive note though, they do have Zenit St. Petersburg as a parent club so i might be able to get a few good playrs of them and also share the stadium with them giving me a 21500 seat stadium.

Transfer Budget - £6,250K

Wage Budget - 14k p/w

I will also point out that to make this game as realistic as posible i have made a Russian manager up, and had the manage Russian teams only choice up. His name is Alexei Arsov and had the be set as a semi-pro footballer.

Quick update.

6 games to go and 2 points away from Dundee in 11th.

Last game-Kilmarnock 3-2 Hibernian

3 down at h/t. Came back to 3-2 but was not to be.

Highlight so far- Hibernian 4-1 Hearts.

Juho Makela(ex-Hearts!!) with 2 became club favoured personnel afterwards!

Quick update.

6 games to go and 2 points away from Dundee in 11th.

Last game-Kilmarnock 3-2 Hibernian

3 down at h/t. Came back to 3-2 but was not to be.

Highlight so far- Hibernian 4-1 Hearts.

Juho Makela(ex-Hearts!!) with 2 became club favoured personnel afterwards!

Good luck Proccy, you've got enough games there to turn the 2 point gap over. If you're above 11th do you then play against the top teams for the last few games or has that part already been decided?

The World Cup games have been drawn...DR of Congo were seeded 3rd! So I'm in a group with Sweden, Japan and...yes...Argentina! So two teams I've already played competively recently, and gotten points from.

It's just occurred to me that the vast majority of people using this thread are starting from the bottom and working their way up. There doesn't seem to be many people starting as ex international footballers and going straight for a big job, which isn't against the rules.

I'm think ahead to FM09 here but do you think it might be a good idea to split this thread three ways and have 'unemployed/lowest league', 'big clubs' and 'other clubs' threads individually?

I'm quite keen for everyone to have a place to discuss their game whoever they are managing and this could be a way of doing it.

It's just occurred to me that the vast majority of people using this thread are starting from the bottom and working their way up. There doesn't seem to be many people starting as ex international footballers and going straight for a big job, which isn't against the rules.

I'm think ahead to FM09 here but do you think it might be a good idea to split this thread three ways and have 'unemployed/lowest league', 'big clubs' and 'other clubs' threads individually?

I'm quite keen for everyone to have a place to discuss their game whoever they are managing and this could be a way of doing it.

I would have posted a big game one, but the fact that all the post seem to be about "bottom" clubs, i had been dettered.

I'm not sure about splitting the thread. I think it would depend on how many people were posting in each thread

That seems a good idea but do you mean making 2 new threads for the big clubs and other clubs? Personally i think we should keep this thread together but possibly just add something onto the thread title and reiterate to people that any career can be discussed in this thread. Though of course it is up to you what you do mate.

Archived