The FM08 Career Thread

Originally posted by Peljam:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Proccy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Proccy:

Go Peljam!

Real Madrid icon_eek.gif

I'd love to be linked to them kind of jobs!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ta icon_smile.gif

It's definately the international success doing it. On the domestic front I just have 2 promotions and 2 minor cups (JPT and Serie C) to my name since 2008! Hopefully that'll change soon.

I don't think I could ever go to Real Madrid. It's not that I dislike the club it's just where would I go from there? I'd much prefer to build up a smaller club or a bigger club that has fallen from grace. Admittedly Real were 14th when I had to deny any interest but it's hardly the end of the world for them. Not like Man U though...Finished 20th in the Premiership. Even if they hadn't had 9 points docked for slipping into administration they would have been dead last still. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I do see your point. Just nice to get the recognition!

On my career, I've made a spontaneous decision and left Inverness, despite having only 4 friendlies in the 13 months with Jamaica! I think this will make my game run faster and make it more interesting, since I never seem to get a really long-term game.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finshed the season yesterday. As i said i took over at Shrewbury while they were last in Coca Cola League 2. After my first 5 matches i had won 3, drawn 1 and lost one and i was wondering what exactly went wrong for Shrewbury. I got out of relegation for about 2 matches and then some bad form struck. We lost 6 of our last 7 matches and ended up last. Looks like ill be slugging it our in BSP next season hoping to get staright back up.

League Table

2018/19 Season Review

After quitting Notts County at the end of last season in search of a new club, Wycombe provided me with a challenge. The club had spent one season in the Championship, finishing 20th. The manager that had got them there, Kevin Phillips had left fro Stoke leaving Wycombe in a precarious position. The media had predicted they would finish last and the board were happy for me to just battle bravely against relegation.

League Table

League Positions Graph

After losing my first 6 games in a row I knew it would be a tough season, luckily the team started to pull together and the players I had brought in seemed to make enough of a difference to keep us up.

Squad

The squad I inherited needed a fair bit of work, but it two excellent strikers in Buxton and Boyce. Sadly Buxton's contract is expiring and he refused to sign a new one. I could have sold him earlier but as I was busy with a relegation battle I figured he was more use to me than the money. I also had Ryan Gaughan who came through the club's academy who looks like a decent player.

Transfers

For the first time ever I had a decent amount of money to bring in some new players. I immediately raided my old club, picking up Italian defender Liviero and striker Lyons. I then went in search of some young talent and splashed the cash on Bates and Fish.

Hopefully over the summer I can strengthen the squad further and push up the league table.

Career so far

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Season Team Country League League Finish Achievements

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007/08 St Albans England Blue Square South 15th Took over in March

2008/09 St Albans England Blue Square South 3rd Lost in playoff final

2009/10 St Albans England Blue Square South 2nd Promoted via playoffs

2010/11 St Albans England Blue Square Premier 4th Lost in playoff final

2011/12 St Albans England Blue Square Premier 3rd Promoted via playoffs

2012/13 St Albans England League 2 14th

2013/14 St Albans England League 2 7th Promoted via playoffs

2014/15 St Albans England League 1 14th

2015/16 Bassano Virtus Italy C1/A 16th Relegated, resigned

2016/17 Notts County England League 2 9th

2017/18 Notts County England League 2 3rd Promoted

2018/19 Wycombe Wanderers England Championship 19th

</pre>

Im trying to buy a player from my old club, and he isn't getting played and he's getting payed 1.3k p/w BUT every time i offer him a contract he wants a ridiculous 5k p/w?? I can offer him 3.5k so I don't understand why he wants a huge cash raise, he's out of favour and no one else is interested. Also he's 28 years old so not exactly a rising star so why does he want to get paid so much, anyone know what to do?

Originally posted by dafuge:

This should be interesting, Wycombe are now in the process of a board takeover.

Turned out to be far from interesting, a director took over from within the club making no changes and investing nothing icon_frown.gif

I've made a better start than last season \o/

Played: 6

Won: 1

Lost: 5

im having a pretty bad start myself, can't seem to score enough, or hold on to leads. the stupid thing is all the goals i concede are jaw droppingly spectacular goals from miles out that i can't stop or blame anyone for xD

Pretty random question but does anyone know how/when/under what circumstances a semi pro club becomes professional?

Still going with OggerSheim, improved their bank balance loads and wondering if they are ever going to become professional.

Pretty random question but does anyone know how/when/under what circumstances a semi pro club becomes professional?

Still going with OggerSheim, improved their bank balance loads and wondering if they are ever going to become professional.

Hard to say really, it seems to depend on reputation. In England, reaching League 2 is enough to turn you pro, but it isn't always easy to tell when it will happen in other countries.

2019/20 Season Review

Season two with Wycombe and I wasn't expecting things to get much easier.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Had a decent start to the season but things really nosedived later on. I had quite a lot of narrow defeats (a lot of 4-3s) but also suffered a few heavy ones. I was lucky that results went my way on the last day to save me from relegation.

Squad

Transfers

I went for youth again and I think I've made a mistake. Everton had a great looking 16 year old who I had been tracking since last season, I blew nearly all of my budget on him dishing out £2.2m for him. His return was 9 goals in 38 starts, I was not impressed.

Star Player

Boyce was on fire this season, just a shame he missed the last four games through injury.

Job News

I'm not convinced I can do a lot with Wycombe in the short term, it's hard work keeping this small club in a big league. Over the summer I'll be looking for a new club with a bit more potential but with a year left on my contract I'm not going to be quitting Wycombe just yet.

Career so far

Season     Team               Country      League                   League Finish      Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2007/08    St Albans          England      Blue Square South        15th               Took over in March
2008/09    St Albans          England      Blue Square South        3rd                Lost in playoff final
2009/10    St Albans          England      Blue Square South        2nd                Promoted via playoffs
2010/11    St Albans          England      Blue Square Premier      4th                Lost in playoff final
2011/12    St Albans          England      Blue Square Premier      3rd                Promoted via playoffs
2012/13    St Albans          England      League 2                 14th     
2013/14    St Albans          England      League 2                 7th                Promoted via playoffs 
2014/15    St Albans          England      League 1                 14th  
2015/16    Bassano Virtus     Italy        C1/A                     16th               Relegated, resigned  
2016/17    Notts County       England      League 2                 9th          
2017/18    Notts County       England      League 2                 3rd                Promoted  
2018/19    Wycombe Wanderers  England      Championship             19th 
2019/20    Wycombe Wanderers  England      Championship             21st

2009/2010 Season Review - Season 3 with OggerSheim

Unfortunatly this isn't going to be a long update with loads of screenshots as the season was completed while the forums were being moved.

It was a pretty uneventful season. No huge transfers in to speak of.

Transfers

transfersru4.th.gif

The League was dissapointing for me, although we did get the overachievers award (Predicted 15th finished 10th) i wasn't happy as it was a drop from last seasons 8th place finish.

League

leaguetablecb4.th.gif

Cor prein is turning into a bit of a legened at the club and has now recieved his second fans player of the season award.

My main two key signings were Marcel Ziemer(ST) on loan and Jerrel Wolfgang (DC).

I think on paper i have a good team for next season, with 3 very good strikers (Prein, Yseabaert, Ziemer (Whos on loan again) )

An array of midfielders for whichever formation i play

And some a couple of new defenders who look solid, and with Jerrel Wolfgang the new captain and one of the star performers of last year we could well finish in our highest club position ever.

The only problem is GK, and i can't seem to find a consistent one, or any decent ones that are interested in moving to Oggersheim.

PS: I have attracted interest from other semi pro clubs (Lowest division in portugal and blue square south and north) but have grown quite attached to the german club....OGGERSHIEM

PSS: Where has the bold etc gone?

Love the career challenge, probably my faveroute one of all, so I decided to have another shot at it.

I've started with an Automatic reputation, and I'm now holidaying until i get my very first job. Wish me luck

I'm back in the fray too. Started numerous saves with the new weegie update but not really got into one yet. Thinking this could be the one though.

Got the following leagues running to lowest; (unless stated)

China

Mexico

Denmark

England

Greece

Portugal

Slovakia

Spain

Serbia and

Brazil (Serie B)

Holidayed for no less than a week and was offered the B1908 job in Denmark, decided to delay for a week to see if anything else come up. it didn't. They came back and i took over.

Quickly installed Kobenhavn as my parent club and have sent me Lasse Qvist and Christiansen to spearhead my attack. I decided to loan in Mads Laudrup and Nikolaj Hansen to shore up the central defensive areas. Also signed in a number of players but not the greatest due to the fact that the club has a Amateur reputation.

Have had a indifferent start to the season, winning 3 and losing two with 1 draw. Sit 5th at the moment with 10pts. Out of the cup, lost to first division Frem.

Onwards and Upwards!

Gonna start a new game myself, was drawing too much at montevarchi and couldnt be bothered finishing the season

The leagues im running are

Argentina

England

France

Holland

Italy

Mexico

Portugal

Spain

(only down to national in france, didn't particularly fancy a job there, just players)

i'll post when i get a job

It took me , until March 4th 2008 to get a job.

BREAKING NEWS

20th placed side in the Blue Square South Havant & Waterloovile have announced that rookie manager Adam Connellan will now be the man in charge. It is believed that he is getting paid around £400 per week and has no transfer budget. With the side drifting in relegation by one point, it is certain to be a tough task for the manager with his first ever club.

My stupid chairman has just stepped in for the first time and made a huge mistake.

My star player is s striker worth £2.8m, he scored 54 goals in 44 games last season and without him we would have undoubtedly got relegated.

He just accepted £3m for him :mad:

This has really annoyed me, especially since I took the decision to stay at Wycombe for another season. I already know I can't replace him and will struggle to stay in the Championship without him, I might start looking for jobs.

My stupid chairman has just stepped in for the first time and made a huge mistake.

My star player is s striker worth £2.8m, he scored 54 goals in 44 games last season and without him we would have undoubtedly got relegated.

He just accepted £3m for him :mad:

This has really annoyed me, especially since I took the decision to stay at Wycombe for another season. I already know I can't replace him and will struggle to stay in the Championship without him, I might start looking for jobs.

ouch, unlucky Dafuge... How much of the transfer cash got put into your Transfer budget?

Got a job nearly straight away at Colima in mexico first division A

Media prediction - 23rd :(

Made some good transfers so far, got rid of lots of players that were a bit rubbish but got paid lots, replaced them with players who were really good but didnt want to be paid alot (I have a quality attacking midfielder who only wanted 70p/w xD)

In the friendly's im doing ok, beat a team 2-0, a week after A.C milan only managed 2-1 against them, that obv means im better than A.C milan :rolleyes:

The mexican league looks confusing though :confused: will probably take me ages to update xD

Good luck scouting in Europe Dafuge. With 2mil you should have a good chance of getting an at least passable replacement. Not as great as the player going out but maybe enough to keep your head above water.

I've just played my 500th game! And my team went out and got thrashed, 6 -1! What a team. They must really hate me to play so badly. It ended a 5 game unbeaten streak as well. Mid table obscurity here we come!

Ok, I'll do again, Including my third Season:

Year       League                  Club                            Position                   Achievements
================================================================================
2007/08  Blue Square Premier  Havant & Waterloovile    17th                       saved the club from relegation
2008/09  Blue Square Premier  Havant & Waterloovile    13th                           
2009/10  Blue Square Premier  Havant & Waterloovile    4th                         Promotion via play - offs

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg255/siradamc/WHATANERVYGAME.jpg

Bit of a nervy Game for me! Can't believe how lucky I was!

Good luck scouting in Europe Dafuge. With 2mil you should have a good chance of getting an at least passable replacement. Not as great as the player going out but maybe enough to keep your head above water.

Here's what I splashed the cash on:

Martin Coufal (£150k)

Jacek Kowalczyk (£1.1m)

Dimitar Mihaylov (£120k)

Lumir Cizek (£130k)

Stuart Ford (£3m)

Ford is a big gamble but I was really struggling to find a striker so decided to take a risk. Kowalczyk is looking like my best signing so far. After spending that lot the board won't let me scout in Europe anymore :(

i'll never get a job at this rate, im being a bit fussy and all i've had so far is C2/C offers that are basically the same as when i was the montevarchi manager, but im kinda bored of the italian leagues. Nothing else seems to be going though xD

Here's what I splashed the cash on:

Martin Coufal (£150k)

Jacek Kowalczyk (£1.1m)

Dimitar Mihaylov (£120k)

Lumir Cizek (£130k)

Stuart Ford (£3m)

Ford is a big gamble but I was really struggling to find a striker so decided to take a risk. Kowalczyk is looking like my best signing so far. After spending that lot the board won't let me scout in Europe anymore :(

Jacek and Cizek look like they could become superb players. And Ford already looks like he's banging them in. Bit pricey mind :) Hopefully it'll pay off though in the long run.

I left cassino after like a week in charge because most of the players were awful but there were no good players out there to replace them with, so i left, shocking many. Wierdly its upped my reputation xD

Tis a bit odd that :) but welcome I'm sure. Has it affected your loyalty stat though?

Tis a bit odd that :) but welcome I'm sure. Has it affected your loyalty stat though?

nope, got a job at ben hur in the argentine second division, there 19th with 3 games to go, and im one point behind 18th place, to avoid relegation. Im 1-0 down right now against a 5th place team, so it looks like MORE job searching for me next season xD

Edit: 1-1 YAAAAAAAY xD

Edit 2: zomg 1-2 im winning lmao

1-3 now, its a miracle :p

I've just played my 500th game! And my team went out and got thrashed, 6 -1! What a team. They must really hate me to play so badly. It ended a 5 game unbeaten streak as well. Mid table obscurity here we come!

Are you still with FC Sochaux and DR Congo Peljam?

I'm looking like qualifying for the 2012 African Nations with total ease, but my group is pretty easy (Benin, Mauritius and Mauritiana). I'm finding that we're not getting good results in friendlies though. 2-3 at home to Finland, 2-2 at home to Qatar and lost 4-1 away to Rep of Ireland. Beat Australia away though. The squad is in a transition process atm.

It's a bit strange because only one GK will play for me but there is a younger regen who won't even though it says 'feels he would opt for Morocco at this age'. Bit strange. I'm just praying that Ismael Aissati will decide to play for us over Holland.

Are you still with FC Sochaux and DR Congo Peljam?

Yups. Currently in the World Cup qualifiers with the DR of Congo. Got four games left and we look like a shoe in to go through. 6 points ahead of second placed Botswana, and 8 ahead of third placed Morocco! They could probably do with your management on this game :)

We've also got the Confederations Cup to look forward to. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'd like to give it a good go and see if I could sneak it but as the European, South American and World Champions are in there I may struggle. I'm in a group with Argentina, Japan and Italy!

FC Sochaux...well we're doing better than expected in the league, specially seeing as we are newly promoted but we could be doing so much better. Currently 12th but my keeper seems to be a weak link. In 36 games (including the cups) he has conceded 74 goals! He's only managed 5 clean sheets all season. Lots of the team think he orchestrates the defence though. I've noticed that they don't mention whether they think he does it well :) I think I need to splash out on a new keeper but there aren't many out there that are good enough, interested enough or cheap enough.

I'm looking like qualifying for the 2012 African Nations with total ease, but my group is pretty easy (Benin, Mauritius and Mauritiana). I'm finding that we're not getting good results in friendlies though. 2-3 at home to Finland, 2-2 at home to Qatar and lost 4-1 away to Rep of Ireland. Beat Australia away though. The squad is in a transition process atm.

It's a bit strange because only one GK will play for me but there is a younger regen who won't even though it says 'feels he would opt for Morocco at this age'. Bit strange. I'm just praying that Ismael Aissati will decide to play for us over Holland.

Well done in the group! If you do well in the competition proper then you shouldn't have to worry about qualifying. Since finishing in 4th place I've not had to qualify for it. I find the same thing with friendlies at the moment. It's difficult to get the results you want and blood enough players. I'd ignore the results myself and stick to getting the team together. Transistion sucks but struggling at friendlies will be worth it when you finally put together your best team.

How young is the regen? I've found that with one or two younger players. All I can do is get match reports. If you shoot up the world rankings or if they get older maybe you'll be able to call them up. Thought I doubt age is a major issue, the youngest player I called up was 15 (had to get there before the French did!)

Still, should be able to already if they favour your team. Although thinking about opting might not be the same as definately declared.

Good luck with the rest of the qualifiers and the African Nations!

omg i've only played 5 matches in my whole career and since coming to ben hur and now my reputation is national xD won't do an end of season update, i'll just say i beat the team who was originally 1 place above me 3-2 in an exciting match to escape straight relegation, and i won 4-2 on aggrogate in the relegation play-offs. The funds are stupidly bad but they let me offer players quite good wages if i need to so im gonna just ignore it coz there isn't alot i can do

omg i've only played 5 matches in my whole career and since coming to ben hur and now my reputation is national xD won't do an end of season update, i'll just say i beat the team who was originally 1 place above me 3-2 in an exciting match to escape straight relegation, and i won 4-2 on aggrogate in the relegation play-offs. The funds are stupidly bad but they let me offer players quite good wages if i need to so im gonna just ignore it coz there isn't alot i can do

National reputation is worth relatively less in Argentina than most countries in europe, so you would get it sooner there.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=19596&page=2

Basically i've spent four years at Tai Po, turning them from relegation candidates to league winners twice, mainly through getting some classy foreigners (mainly Brazilian, Chinese) although you are only allowed 7 in the match squad and only 3 foreigners in the continental competitions. One of my foreigners is Veron! (Admitally Iani Veron, not the amazing one:()

In 2012 we entered the 2nd continental competition (There is three, one for good teams such as Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia, one for OK teams (Hong Kong, Vietnam, Singapore, India) and for the rubbish teams)

We got to the final, where we lost the first leg 2-1 to a Syrian team, and then in the second leg, missing three first team players (had to play a striker in midfield and a fullback in central defence), and went three down in 12 minutes:(

But then we somehow scored 4 goals which would have won us the cup on away goals, only for them to score in the 94th minute:(

Gonna try and win the continental cup next year (will try to buy some more Hong Kong players, although most of my "Hong Kong" players are actually naturalised Chinese players since it only takes three years) before moving off abroad:)

Will try and get some screenshots up later

Well, after joining on March 4th 2008 to saave the side from relegation, and after gaining promotion to the Blue Square Premier, after 16 games of failure to get a string of results, Adam Connellan has steeped down as Havant & Waterloovile boss. Still with an unproven reputation, I am not hopeful of a decent squad, yet I am now holidaying until i get another.

Archived