The FM08 Career Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Proccy:

OK then, cheers mate. I relly want this international job though. It is World Cup qualifying now, and the ANQ starts in September icon_frown.gif, so I need to hope a biggish African international team loses patience with his manager and then hires me! icon_smile.gif

Fingers crossed for an international job then! I've got renewed hope for my Congo job. Some regens have come through. Most are terrible but one or two look like they could do well with the right nuturing. So I've called them up so I can cap them. Should give them some experience and maybe generate some club interest in them. I've abused my Hull position slightly and brought a player or two in so they can benefit from some definate match experience and better training grounds.

So hopefully I'll be able to hold on to the African Nations once more! It'll be a while till any up date though. I don't have to qualify so I have a fixture list full of friendlies for the moment, and the Hull matches are slowing things down a tad.

Congrats Happy Slappy icon_biggrin.gif

I'm now nearing the end of the season with Inverness with no contract offer yet. But, my Job Status is still Very Secure. So, in theory I should be getting an offer soon. I've just beaten Hibernian away 3-1 with a double from my Rangers loanee Steven Lennon. Also, it seems like Hearts are after half of my squad. Quick question: How long does it take to gain Scotland scouting knowledge? I still have none. Is it because I only have the Premier League loaded or not?

Thanks and KUTGW everyone!

Rodrigo De La Vega - Hull City/ DR of Congo - 2018/19

Urf! Success but I can't say I'm overjoyed by it. Promotion to the Championship and the JPT to our name but...I'll explain.

When I accepted the job I was rather happy. Hull are a team I like, had a good infrastructure and I expected resources to match. Especially considering we were in League 1.

However I inherited certain things. Debt and transfers mainly. We were in the red and had a lot of players due to jump ship when the transfer window reopened. Eleven players, many important ones, left for teams in the same league or above. The money made from them did push us back into the black though.

I wasn't able to use that money, or the extra wiggle room in wage budget, as several of the former managers transfers came in. It was like Ian Holloway was pulling the strings from his new job at West Brom. I know I should have checked the future transfers before joining but I wasn't expecting seven of them. Some of them were rather good though. One of them, McAuley, brought in on a free by good old Ian went on to become a 1.2mil team top goal scorer!

I brought in a few players, some that I knew from the Congo and one from Italy. Some of you with long memories might remember me mentioning Maggi. A two season loanee for Pizzighettone. He looked good and when he was fit he played really well. Maggi spent over 4 months injured, or recovering slowly from injury.

We started reasonably brightly and after a slight blip got into our stride. We had a 15 match unbeaten run going before things started to go wrong. We lost to Leicester, a promotion rival, and then lost another 3 on the trot. Why? Probably injuries. We had up to 6 injuries at a time over that strech, mainly key players. We had our 1st and 2nd Choice keeper out leaving us to rely on the young star. He was good but he still leaked goals due to silly mistakes. In a few years he'll be great, currently he is a weak link though. Things weren't helped by our star striker, Sam Vokes, getting sold over my head. Things eventually got back on track though and we started to get the points ticking over again, and looked like we might challenge for 1st again.

However it wasn't to be and we hit a horrible patch of form again. We didn't lose matches but we would throw away leads and end up with draws. Again we had to claw things back and 5 match unbeaten run at the end of the season got us back into 2nd place again. Here's the team that did it. Oh and the position graph.

As for the JPT we just played solidly all the way through it. We had maybe one scare in the North Final where we had to rely on away goals but apart from that we looked like faves all the way through.

So, a successful season but I can't help but feel that some of it was Ian Holloway's. I tried to stamp my mark on the team but most of the resources had been used by Holloway before I arrived.

I sort of want to leave. Maybe for a mid tier french team or a Serie B team and go for the long haul as I can see things with Hull being a bit of a chore. I'm sure I could get them to the Premiership eventually but I really want to make a splash with a team that genuinely is my own. So I'm going to keep an eye out for jobs whilst I stick with Hull. It may be a while until the right one comes up so I'll stick with the Tigers until then.

As for the DR of Congo...well I'll do a seperat e update for them some time. Some promising youngsters mean I might stick around for longer but this year has been full of friendlies, as is next year.

UPDATE:

I've jumped ship! To the relegated team of FC Sochaux! I've moved from The Tigers to Les Lionceaux! And the DR of Congo are the Leopards...I spot an odd theme.

They've just been consigned to relegation to the Ligue 2. There's one more Ligue 1 game to play and then it's on with the busy work of rebuilding the team for Promotion!

Happy Slappy's Career. St. Albans/Bristol Rovers. 2009/2010.

Haven't got a lot of screenshots so I'll have to make due, anyway, this season would have been our first season in the BSP and after being predicted to finish 22nd in the league I felt that with the squad I had, with a few decent aquisitions that we could finish higher than that, so I deceided to change our tactics a little bit, go from slow and short style of play to a more direct and quick along with an attacking mentality, which seemed to work, and with 8 games of the season left we found ourselfs in 3rd place in the league, no chance of making 1st place, with Rushden being 15 points clear. icon_eek.gif

Then I noticed that Bristol Rovers had sacked their manager and I decided to take a gamble and apply for the job, and to my suprise they came back with this offer, £600p/w and a £29.5k p/w wage budget at my disposal, £27k of that was already in use, so no luck in bringing in any players.

When I took over the club were in 18th although they were predicted to come 2nd, so it was my job to stave off relegation, and, intigrating my tactic that served me well at St. Albans we managed to get off to an unbeaten run by taking 18 out of a possible 24 points which saw us sneak into the play-offs by a 1 point margin, there we faced Cheltenham who we disposed of quite easily, but then cam the tricky task of having to get past Accrington Stanley, needless to say, we did it.

So, after promotion, I noticed that quite a few of my players would not make the grade in League 1, so I arranged a lot of their transfers out of the club, in the other direction, I also arranged the transfer of Boncho Genchev, I believe that his knowledge of Bulgaria will help in unearthing some gems, also coming in are Roberto Bonano as a new Ass. Man and Olivier Dacourt as a Coach, these two have helped as their knowledge have meant that a lot of european players have turned up in my player search, and I have already made use of this by arranging the transfers of quite a few talented players.

For the new season I have told the board that I will make a mid table finish this season, so the pressure is on me this season, but it has given me a £40k p/w wage budget, so, with all the players that are leaving in July, and of course those that are coming in, I will be hoping to adjust my budgets to give myself some money to spend and bring in a Striker and Midfielder from St. Albans.

Aims for next season.

Mid table finish.

Try to raise some funds.

Yeh so i'm a bit pisched off, accidentally saved over my career save for Vibonese when starting up a new Gundo challenge, needed a break from the career to revitalise my passion for the long haul. I may even go back to my original Frankfurt save later on.

Wow Peljam! That update at the end was a bit sudden. Were you writing your review at the time you got offered or applied for the job? Good luck anyway!

With Inverness, I've got a news item that they're worried they might lose me, but I'm going to wait until the end of the season to make my decision. Still no international job offer yet though icon_frown.gif. In the league at the top and bottom half separation, I just thumped Motherwell at home 6-0. it could have been more though because that was the score at half time icon_eek.gif. My midfielder Jimmy Smith got a hattrick! I've got a few new midfielders coming from the French leagues, so that gives me a reason to stay on. It just depends though if there are any other jobs I fancy.

Can I just ask; Why have I not got any Scotland scouting knowledge yet? Is it because I just have the Premier League loaded?

Thanks for reading!

Wow Peljam! That update at the end was a bit sudden. Were you writing your review at the time you got offered or applied for the job? Good luck anyway!

With Inverness, I've got a news item that they're worried they might lose me, but I'm going to wait until the end of the season to make my decision. Still no international job offer yet though icon_frown.gif. In the league at the top and bottom half separation, I just thumped Motherwell at home 6-0. it could have been more though because that was the score at half time icon_eek.gif. My midfielder Jimmy Smith got a hattrick! I've got a few new midfielders coming from the French leagues, so that gives me a reason to stay on. It just depends though if there are any other jobs I fancy.

Can I just ask; Why have I not got any Scotland scouting knowledge yet? Is it because I just have the Premier League loaded?

Thanks for reading!

Was a bit sudden icon_smile.gif I wrote it before I got the offer and went to post it but I couldn't get the forums to load. By the time I could connect again I'd been offered the job so I just tagged it on the end!

Things are going well with Inverness then icon_smile.gif I reckon you'll get a contract soon enough. That's a promising score with Motherwell too. I hate it a little when that happens. You're team spends the first half just demolishing the opposition and then nothing happens in the second! Still, can't complain too much with a final score of 6-0!

I'm not sure but I think scouting knowledge is based on time rather than the amount of leagues loaded. So as the seasons go by your scouting knowledge should increase for Scotland. Then if you leave the scouting knowledge should gradually drop.

When I was in Sweden and Italy it took about 3 to 5 seasons for my scouting knowledge to be decent, and now I've been away for a while it's dropped quite dramatically.

ooooo I just stumbled across thi thread and I like it I'm gonna post my blackburn save that I've been doing so you shall hear from me soon. Actually before do am I too late to do this or does it not matter when I joined in on this thread??

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk80/Kurtage123/season1.jpg

Well this was my first season. Started with such promise in the top four ut November, from then on it was an awful dip in form which looked like i was going to lose my job in february and march but a good run towards the endof the season saw me get a respectble place and acheive my aim.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk80/Kurtage123/season1transfers.jpg

These were my transfers which was why I was undr pressure more than if I hadof kept some of these first teamers.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk80/Kurtage123/season2.jpg

Season 2 was a lot better overall. The hole season was spent in the top half as the youngsters finally gelled in together and played my quick smooth flowing football which created some stunning chances. The sad thing was on the last day of the season I was 5th, lost to pompey and ended up getting inter toto cup due to other teams not entering it.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk80/Kurtage123/season2transfers.jpg

Here are the transfers. As you can see I spent big on younger players. Despite breaking the club record for Celsinho he didn't have a work permit so he was loaned to my belgium feeder club. Boudianski being one of the cheapest signings was an amazing player for me throughout the season

The aim for this season: qualify for europe again and do well in the uefa cup (altho I wanted to win the uefa cup)

The league campaign was amazing this season,losing just 7 games and winning 21. I would be lying if i said i kept my focus once we somehow clnched champions league football with 2 games to spare. My youngster Jonathan Kurt scored 31 premier league goals and swooping all the awards.

In Europe it seemed to be the same trend;in the 91st minute we equaised in a group game against AC Milan, we then went on to beat Dortmund Espanyol and Lokomotiv Moscow to win the group. AZ Alkmaar were beaten 3-2 on aggregate, sadly this is where the good run ended. Hamburg drew 1-1 at Ewood Park before a very controversial game in Germany, they were 2-0 up at half time. Kurt pulled one back before 2 Blacbrn players were unfairly dismissed (I won the appeal for both players) and in the 88th minute was denied a great goal to be deemed offside (the replays showed it wasn't) I felt bitter about this result as you can most probably tell.

Anyway heres the successful league table:

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk80/Kurtage123/season3.jpg

And here are the transfers, as you may notice I relesed a lot of the former players such as Savage and Mokeana and it didnt back fire icon_smile.gif

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk80/Kurtage123/season3transfers.jpg

Right I have been playing this save for sometime dont think I done these 3 season in t space of an hour lol. Now Im up to date the next up date will be the season that I finish within the next few days.

ive just begun my career game . started unemployed with rep as sunday league footballer . applied for the stafford job in BSP and got offerd a 2 yr contract on £300pw the next day . i accpeted icon_smile.gif .

the aim for the first season was to stay clear of relegation , with long term ambition to establish staford as a BSP team .

with no transfer funds , a wage budget of £3,800 . no youth academy . basic training facilities and a overall sqaud size of just 23 . this will be a hard job .

Originally posted by Peljam:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Proccy:

Thanks for reading!

Was a bit sudden icon_smile.gif I wrote it before I got the offer and went to post it but I couldn't get the forums to load. By the time I could connect again I'd been offered the job so I just tagged it on the end!

Things are going well with Inverness then icon_smile.gif I reckon you'll get a contract soon enough. That's a promising score with Motherwell too. I hate it a little when that happens. You're team spends the first half just demolishing the opposition and then nothing happens in the second! Still, can't complain too much with a final score of 6-0!

I'm not sure but I think scouting knowledge is based on time rather than the amount of leagues loaded. So as the seasons go by your scouting knowledge should increase for Scotland. Then if you leave the scouting knowledge should gradually drop.

When I was in Sweden and Italy it took about 3 to 5 seasons for my scouting knowledge to be decent, and now I've been away for a while it's dropped quite dramatically. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Peljam! Yeah, things are going well up in Scotland here. I think I may even stay for another half a year at least and wait for the African Nations casualties to come round. My board are still worried they'll lose me!

Originally posted by smithers08:

ive just begun my career game . started unemployed with rep as sunday league footballer . applied for the stafford job in BSP and got offerd a 2 yr contract on £300pw the next day . i accpeted icon_smile.gif .

the aim for the first season was to stay clear of relegation , with long term ambition to establish staford as a BSP team .

with no transfer funds , a wage budget of £3,800 . no youth academy . basic training facilities and a overall sqaud size of just 23 . this will be a hard job .

Good Luck icon14.gif

Final End of Season Update 2008/09

Well, the season has been played out with the Caley Jags finishing in a rather respectable 8th position. A lot of rebulilding will be done though as loanees return to their clubs, Marius Niculae didn't want to sign and has joined Dundee Utd and the lure of big money has come in for Manuel Belleri, my experienced right back from Lazio. He's going for 350k to one of a host of clubs in England and Italy. Already I have a couple of D/DMCs coming from the French leagues and Lee sawyer from Chelsea, but a new goalkeeper, a couple of new strikers and a full back to replace Belleri.

Job News

I'm yet to be offered a new contract by Inverness but I'm now an international manager!! Yes, the might of....Jamaica have come calling. I applied when I saw it free and they came for me. So far I have played two games: an impressive 4-0 home win against Cuba in the 1/4 final of the Gold Cup and an even more impressive win against the USA in the semis. 3-2! In the final, I face Mexico. The problem is, they have failed to qualify for the 2010 World Cup, so its just friendlies up till qualifying for the next one!

Thanks for reading!

Final End of Season Update 2008/09

Well, the season has been played out with the Caley Jags finishing in a rather respectable 8th position. A lot of rebulilding will be done though as loanees return to their clubs, Marius Niculae didn't want to sign and has joined Dundee Utd and the lure of big money has come in for Manuel Belleri, my experienced right back from Lazio. He's going for 350k to one of a host of clubs in England and Italy. Already I have a couple of D/DMCs coming from the French leagues and Lee sawyer from Chelsea, but a new goalkeeper, a couple of new strikers and a full back to replace Belleri are needed

Job News

I'm yet to be offered a new contract by Inverness but I'm now an international manager!! Yes, the might of....Jamaica have come calling. I applied when I saw it free and they came for me. So far I have played two games: an impressive 4-0 home win against Cuba in the 1/4 final of the Gold Cup and an even more impressive win against the USA in the semis. 3-2! In the final, I face Mexico. The problem is, they have failed to qualify for the 2010 World Cup, so its just friendlies up till qualifying for the next one!

Thanks for reading!

I have a dilemma.

I am still playing as Oggersheim in the German Regional South Division.

At the moment i can't even buy a game, made some great signing from the 6k i had to spend, and have ammassed a pretty good squad (The defence is still shaky)

However they are only a semi pro club, and i am finding it hard to attract much quality.

So do i resign and start applying to other jobs (There are alot of italy C2 clubs available who are professional, and i think i could get) so what you guys think?

I Am a bit attached to oggersheim, but each game i am gettings odds of 30/1, 20/1 or 14/1 to win, so i am always the underdog, and usually it tells in the squad quality.

So dilemma is, do i stay loyal, or go purely for glory?

I'm gutted! I lost my Gold Cup final on penalties to Mexico. We even took the lead in the game. Marlon King 103mins but they equalised two minutes later from Giovani dos Santos (the guy Spurs have bought). It's a shame, but now I can concentrate on Inverness...if I stay. It's now the 1st of July and my contract ran out the day before, yet I'm still here icon_confused.gif. When I go onto the Board Room, is says they are in talks regarding my new contract, but how can I be still here?

2016/17 Season Review

After my disastrous season in Italy it was nice to return to England in charge of Notts County.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Predicted to come 13th so this was a decent finish although I never really got that close to the playoffs.

Squad

Transfers

Star Player

Had a pretty decent squad already, a lot of which were brought in before I started. My time in Italy is starting to have an influence, with a few Italian clubs offering me players.

Career so far

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Season Team Country League League Finish Achievements

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007/08 St Albans England Blue Square South 15th Took over in March

2008/09 St Albans England Blue Square South 3rd Lost in playoff final

2009/10 St Albans England Blue Square South 2nd Promoted via playoffs

2010/11 St Albans England Blue Square Premier 4th Lost in playoff final

2011/12 St Albans England Blue Square Premier 3rd Promoted via playoffs

2012/13 St Albans England League 2 14th

2013/14 St Albans England League 2 7th Promoted via playoffs

2014/15 St Albans England League 1 14th

2015/16 Bassano Virtus Italy C1/A 16th Relegated, resigned

2016/17 Notts County England League 2 9th

</pre>

I'm gutted! I lost my Gold Cup final on penalties to Mexico. We even took the lead in the game. Marlon King 103mins but they equalised two minutes later from Giovani dos Santos (the guy Spurs have bought). It's a shame, but now I can concentrate on Inverness...if I stay. It's now the 1st of July and my contract ran out the day before, yet I'm still here icon_confused.gif. When I go onto the Board Room, is says they are in talks regarding my new contract, but how can I be still here?

Unlucky! It' always gutting to lose on penalties. Least you got to the final though!

That is odd. Maybe you need to demand a new contract?

So dilemma is, do i stay loyal, or go purely for glory?

I'd jump ship and head to Italy. It's a nice league system to play in I find. Plus a professional teams gives you a better chance at climbing up the table. You'll find a lot of big clubs fairly low in the Italian structure.

Gone for the Kevin Keegan approach then dafuge?

icon_biggrin.gif

Meanwhile life in League 1 is....well meh.

Predicted to finish 21st in the league and with 12 games left we are 10th, which I am delighted with seeing as I told the board that I would get them to a mid-table finish.

The only problem with the team are tactics, I am trying to rely heavily on a solid defense and try and counter the opponents on the break, scoring isn't a problem, with Rory Fallon (13 goals) and Paul Heffernan (19 goals) my main strikers, but I also have Spainish striker Angel (12 goals) in support.

I have 3 quality DM's but am only looking to play 2 of them, one of them can play as a CB so I will probably have to do this, my main concern though is my GK even though he has decent stats, his concentration is very poor and tends to concede way too many goals, so I'll be looking to Premiership reserve teams in order to sort this out.

Originally posted by happy slappy:

Gone for the Kevin Keegan approach then dafuge?

icon_biggrin.gif

It weird, I'm using the same tactics I've used for ages but I seem to be scoring for fun yet conceding far too many, I had so many games last season with 5 or more goals in them.

Only managed 6 clean sheets last season icon_frown.gif

Same here, I even tried a tactic using two DM's, but even that doesn't work, I think I may have to go with this tactic:

GK

CB CB CB

WB DM DM WB

AMR AML

ST ST

Or something like that, a solid defence, then counter on the break with the Wingbacks supporting the wingers, hopefully this will work, I'm also having trouble with my GK he seems to be letting quite a lot of stupid goals.

icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Proccy:

Unlucky! It' always gutting to lose on penalties. Least you got to the final though!

That is odd. Maybe you need to demand a new contract? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's funny, because I can't. At the Board Room screen, you can usually 'Request New Contract', but I can't click on it and it says the board 'are in talks regarding my new contract'. I'm now coming to the end of August. Any thoughts? Is it because of my Jamaica commitments?

Thanks for reading!

2007-2008 Season Review

Well i was predicted to finish bottom, but i defied the media and finished....one place of bottom.

tableseason1ee1.th.gif

Made alot of transfers with my Key man being

Cor Prein, who got player of the season, top goalscorer (in my team) and is now my captain for season 2 (And i am his favoured personnel)

transfershg9.th.gif

Also thought i would add my board confidence which if you look closely you will notice a bit of a strange phrase regarding my bank balance....tropical fish?

oggersheimconfidencerg5.th.gif

Also though i would show my finance confidence which was taken about a month after the season finished, another slightly comical phrase i haven't seen before. But investment banking does sound interesting.

bankervd1.th.gif

Also as you may notice from the post not too far up, i was thinking about moving, but i have now played half of my second season and things are looking up.

WIll update soon.

2008-2009 Half Season Review

Half way through the second season (Been a marathon session today) and i am very happy with the progress of the club, and am glad i kept loyal to the club and didn't move on just yet.

So far we already have alot more points than we did for the whole of last season.

halfwayseason2al0.th.gif

However i am slightly confused as for some reason this season i can get relegated where as last season i couldn't...anyone know why?

Anyway i have once again made alot of money and sold some of last seasons fringe/rotation players, to try and bring my clubs finances up, which seems to have worked.

Also brought in some very good new players in particular a few decent defenders.

transfers2fv6.th.gif

Wochnik & Mackay are very impressive and young.

Also the stars this season are once again the two strikers Ysebaert and Prein

ysebaerthj2.th.gif

preinml6.th.gif

So it looks like i have decided to stay at least until the end of the season, i am still classes as an unproven manager but am thinking if i manage to stay around the top of the league my reputation may go up a bit.

All i can say is i wish i had read the screen properly.

The board wants me to survive in the second division by the end of the four year contract. icon_frown.gif

Which means i would have to be promoted twice within my four seasons and be set up in the second division.

Which is pretty much impossible seeing as when i started i had no money, was over my wage budget, and was predicted to finish bottom.

Second season i have imporved the finances and players, but am still predicted bottom.

Ridiculous Chairmen i think, icon_frown.gif kinda wanted to wait it out with this team, but as it looks like i am going to fail my contract i may as well see if i can jump ship to a more realistic club.

2008-2009 End of season Review

We continued to defy the critics and started playing some great football. We finished up in a decent position which left me and the board happy, with the same amount of improvement next season we could well go up.

table2kj0.th.gif

Heres the final Squad that got us to the position we finished in. A few players are missing as they are loaned out or don't feature in my future plans.

squadaf5.th.gif

And the transfers that helped me get through and help me impress my board with some impressive improvements in finance.

transferszi7.th.gif

And here is the best player of the season, came 3rd in top scorers in the league.

ysebaertcs3.th.gif

Heres my end of season Board Confidence update which i am very proud of.

boardconfidenceupdatenn8.th.gif

Here is the full board confidence screen icon_smile.gif

Which i am also very proud of.

confidenceae2.th.gif

Next Seasons Objectives:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>Get promoted

Get Manager Rep up

Forge links with a good Parent CLub

Good season Glennuk icon_smile.gif hope the next one is even better. Looks like you've got a decent platform to push for promotion with.

Any luck sorting out the contract Proccy?

Never had more than one fan day in a season Dafuge. It seems a bit odd really. Have you had a board take over or something?

Im getting close to the African Nations again. After almost two years of friendlies and trying to break in a new squad. So there should be an update soon icon_smile.gif How soon depends on how well the cup goes!

Never had more than one fan day in a season Dafuge. It seems a bit odd really. Have you had a board take over or something?

Nope.

They arranged another one at the start of my second season as well. It could be something to do with me being a small club with a big stadium, perhaps the board are trying their hardest to bring in 20000 people to watch a League 2 match.

Any luck sorting out the contract Proccy?

No, not yet Peljam. It's now about 3 months after it expired now and still nothing. I'm even considering resigning and having a few years just international management. I never really see many regens come through in a really long game, so that should make the time go faster.

It's on the bug forums now.

Link

2017/18 Season Review

League Table

League Positions Graph

After a shaky start I was able to hold an automatic spot for most of the season, I had a little scare late on but by winning my games in hand secured promotion with a game to spare.

Squad

Transfers

No real significant changes to the squad although I've agreed to sell one of my strikers for £475k which will make a significant difference to my bank balance.

Star Player

I signed him last season as a target man type striker although he was largely disappointing, this season he is starting to look like the sort of player I thought I had signed when I got him.

Job News

I was offered a new contract just days before the end of the season, seeing as it hadn't been decided which league I would be playing in next season I thought it was a stupid time to negotiate a contract. I've got about a month left on my current contract but I've just noticed my reputation has grown to national so this summer could be interesting.

Career so far

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Season Team Country League League Finish Achievements

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007/08 St Albans England Blue Square South 15th Took over in March

2008/09 St Albans England Blue Square South 3rd Lost in playoff final

2009/10 St Albans England Blue Square South 2nd Promoted via playoffs

2010/11 St Albans England Blue Square Premier 4th Lost in playoff final

2011/12 St Albans England Blue Square Premier 3rd Promoted via playoffs

2012/13 St Albans England League 2 14th

2013/14 St Albans England League 2 7th Promoted via playoffs

2014/15 St Albans England League 1 14th

2015/16 Bassano Virtus Italy C1/A 16th Relegated, resigned

2016/17 Notts County England League 2 9th

2017/18 Notts County England League 2 3rd Promoted

</pre>

Originally posted by dafuge:

Job News

I was offered a new contract just days before the end of the season, seeing as it hadn't been decided which league I would be playing in next season I thought it was a stupid time to negotiate a contract. I've got about a month left on my current contract but I've just noticed my reputation has grown to national so this summer could be interesting.

New job time \o/

After resigning from Notts County as my contract expired I was looking for a club in a slightly better position to get towards the bigger leagues. The offer came from Wycombe Wanderers, although perhaps arguably a smaller club than Notts County, they were in the Championship, a league above the one I had just been promoted into.

The club escaped relegation by 4 points last season and are predicted to come last, this could be a tough battle.

Congrats Dafuge! Climbing up the ladder icon_smile.gif

Here's a brief update, I think I'll wait till after the boards move over to post the full thing. Who knows, by then there may be another seasions worth to add!

Rodrigo De La Vega - FC Sochaux & DR of Congo - 2019/20

Domestic first. We were expected to be promoted straight back up but that didn't seem to be enough to keep the players loyal. I was only asking they stick around for one extra season to see if we could get back up but a great many jumped ship. It was a bit like Hull all over again except I could bring my own players in. Finances were tight (almost 2mil in the red) but I was able to get some players on free, including several DR of Congo players and Gueye who had played for me at Pizzighettone.

We started brightly and didn't drop out of the top 6 all season. Most of it was spent in the top 3 to be honest. There was a slight dip in January as the squad not only tired but lost many players to the African Nations. I lost 3 strikers, 3 midfielders and 2 defenders. Of thoese 4 were starters and the other 4 were subs. We battled through though and I was suprised at the depth the squad seemed to have.

We had a good run in the cup de ligue, getting to the quarters where we narrowly lost to Olympique Lyonaise. The gap between us and the league above didn't seem too big.

We achieved promotion with a game to go and then tied up second place in the last. Domestically a pretty good season. Promotion! And the team looked like it might be able to hold it's own in the league above without too many additions.

Interestingly I experienced my first board takeover. The new Chairman didn't want to get rid of me but unfortunately wasn't going to invest heavily yet. We could do with it to be fair as the combined 1.7mil we got in prize money (final position and attacking table position) was wiped out by the 1.8mil squad payout. Ah well. I looked forward to the next season!

I was also linked with a lot of jobs. The biggest and most shocking being Real Madrid. I was linked so strongly that I had to deny any interest. I was then linked, more tentatively, to Chelsea, Jueventus, Vallidoid, Bristol, Sheff Utd, Parma, Roma, Tenerife and Spurs. I have to say the only one that tempts me there is Spurs. I may stick it out with the Lions though.

Hull incidently did well after I jumped ship. They built on my squad and....

Okay...Internationals...

After the World Cup I had a couple of years of friendlies. I didn't need to qualify for the African Nations as I was the holder icon_smile.gif

There were a lot of changes. Many players, especially defenders, got too old and retired. The biggest being Samba (over 100 caps). The Captain I brought into replace him, Zakuni, then retired a few months before the African Nations. It was all change.

I tried to break the team in and blood new players so the friendlies were depressing at times. We got better but we slipped down the rankings and I honestly didn't hold out a great deal of hope for another African Nations Final appearance, never mind keeping the trophy.

We struggled in the group against Nigeria, Eygpt and Guinea. Two draws (Nigeria and Eygpt) and a win saw us through against Senegal. Everything came together against them though team wise. We had to go through on penalties but the team was starting to play. We then faced Ghana, who we beat with a cheeky last minute goal to get to the final, against Cameroon.

We won! Two African Nations on the trot! And I can only see the team getting better for the World Cup (which we have to qualify for) and the next African Nations. We'll lose a few more players to retirement but I think we've got the depth needed to succeed.

Anyways, like I said, I'll write the International bit up again in more detail and hopefully with the World Cup Qualifiers after the forum move!

Hull incidently did well after I jumped ship. They built on my squad and....

I always miss something....

They did well and got to the playoff final. I've not got to it yet but they've got a good chance of making it against Wigan. Back to back promotion for the Tigers?

Go Peljam!

Real Madrid icon_eek.gif

I'd love to be linked to them kind of jobs!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ta icon_smile.gif

It's definately the international success doing it. On the domestic front I just have 2 promotions and 2 minor cups (JPT and Serie C) to my name since 2008! Hopefully that'll change soon.

I don't think I could ever go to Real Madrid. It's not that I dislike the club it's just where would I go from there? I'd much prefer to build up a smaller club or a bigger club that has fallen from grace. Admittedly Real were 14th when I had to deny any interest but it's hardly the end of the world for them. Not like Man U though...Finished 20th in the Premiership. Even if they hadn't had 9 points docked for slipping into administration they would have been dead last still.

Frown

gutted lol, I dont know whether to continue with montevarchi, i find it kinda hard to play with small teams that i've never heard of, i might continue that career but try and find a job in england (was linked with a few) but i don't know whether that might make my reputation a bit crap.

also does anyone here have xfire, coz fm08 is soon gonna be my top played game xD got like 255 hours now

Archived