The FM08 Career Thread

Just making a new start to it now. I have loaded up these leagues :

English (League 2 and up)

French (Ligue 2 and up)

German (2.Bundesliga and up)

Holland (First Diverson and up)

Italy (Serie B and up)

Spain (LIGA BBVA and up)

I have also loaded all players from Brazil and Argentina.

I have fix the Defoe problem on the DB and while i was aat it I changed some of the league names to their correct ones.

I started with a semi-pro reputation and have got the job of FC Eindhoven.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I may have destroyed Stranraer. Currently still in the pre-season, but managed to sell and let go of some of my better players from last season, without getting replacements.

Don't think I stand a chance at the second of getting a squad that can win any matches at the moment.

Originally posted by Gilbster:

I think I may have destroyed Stranraer. Currently still in the pre-season, but managed to sell and let go of some of my better players from last season, without getting replacements.

Don't think I stand a chance at the second of getting a squad that can win any matches at the moment.

Resign

Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gilbster:

Resign </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it better to resign or be sacked?

Originally posted by Gilbster:

Interesting Job Offer - Being offered a 1 year contract on £0 per week. And no wage or transfer budget either!

The club does appear to have a full squad though. Think I will delay and make up my mind in a week, since I already have Bath agreed to a delay!

i had that with Eschborn, i enjoyed my time there to be fair, you'll be amazed at what quality of players you'll be able to get for no wages...

After thinking it over for a week I am now the new manager of Gutersloh, in the Germand Regional Division West.

Didnt notice when I was looking at the club that it has no staff. Suppose I will start there, since I at least have players.

Ok, this makes more sense to me now, they appear to be an Amateur club. What exactly do I need to know about managing Amateur clubs?

Finished my 2nd season at Melaka.

After a mid-table finish in my first season I decided to concentrate on trying to strengthen the defence. My scout found me a 16 year old central defender with decent stats so I snapped him up as soon as I could.

Most my signings during the season was either in defence but I signed a couple of goalkeepers aswell.

I actually amazed myself with how well we were doing and making a push for promotion, with 2 draws in our last 2 games it was tight at the top with 4 teams aiming for 2nd place.

2009 League Table

Possibly the best player to come from Malaysia?

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Season Team Country League League Finish Achievements

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2008 Melaka Malaysia Premier League 6th

2009 Melaka Malaysia Premier League 2nd Promotion to Super League

</pre>

My reputation is still at National. Contract is running out aswell and the board havent offered me a new 1.

Debating whether to accept a new contract if they offer me 1 or just leave them on a high and find a job elsewhere.

But with the reputation of the Malaysian League I'm doubting that I'd find a job from any of the other nations I've loaded.

Half way through my season with Gutersloh and they are 11th. However the board isn't happy that we are just about above the relegation zone, given we were aiming for a respectable league position.

Hopefully I can hold onto my job until the season, and then possibly not renew the contract.

Managing an Amateur club is definitely a slightly different experience to what I'm used to.

My First season saw me without a club for a week with Swedish side IFK Hassleholm employ me.

When I joined them they were 5th in the league after 15 games.Something had to be done no transfer budget meant I had to work with who I had but I managed to Come first in the league.

05112008194046iv3.jpg]League[/url] after getting promoted I decided enough was enough and left into the harsh harsh world of job hunting

Originally posted by matty_8:

After the loss of my potentially good career Ive decided I need to start again. Dont really want to manage QUB again. Any recommendation of nations to load??

maybe do what i did, i picked a country, mine was Austria and i then loaded all leagues of the countries that bordered that country, so my league setup was Austria,Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Hungary,Czech Rep,Slovenia and Slovakia

Yas after I left Hassleholm I got the job at Adolfsberg in the Second Division in Sweden so I dropped a league you know what I mean. But with 5 games left i got them them the league title so Two seasons two clubs two promotions and my rep is National

Question for anyone who's in the know: seeing as the Brazilian 3rd Division is so large with all the stages and groups, does it slow the game down as the seasons progress? If so, I might consider restarting now with a different set-up before I get too into it...

Archived