The FM08 Career Thread

Saturday 8th September 2007

Vanuatu VS Bhutan

In my first game in charge, I had allowed my assistant to choose my team as I had no idea about any of the players, and this game was just for me to take a closer look at my players.

Joseph Willie scored after 29 minutes for my team, shooting from just outside the area, it was a good goal, and I was impressed by his finishing abillity. Joseph Willie got his second just after half time, heading in from a corner, this guy was very impressive. Nawang Khandu clawed one back for Bhutan with 10 minutes left and just 5 minutes after that they were level from a Pema Novru penalty. Despite not getting his hat-trick Joseph Willie was the man of the match.

Final Score - Vanuatu 2-2 Bhutan

Of the 3568 People that had seen the game, I felt like I was the most pleased with the result, a 2-2 draw, with unknown players, and now I had un-earthed perhaps a future star player, Joseph Willie.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest roberto922
Faroe

Hi I'm gonna have a go at this if it's not too late.

Leagues: All maximum leagues btw, England, Sweden, South Africa, Mexico, Scotland

DB Size: Small

Right then I started in March 07, don't know what leauge time that was but I regretted it when I got my first job. I haven't got a screenie for the job offer unfortunately but I was offered a job at Mexican first division A side Colima within a few days.

I hastily accepted and was given a respectable transfer budget of 79k and a wage budget of 35k

Screenshot of Colima Finances

my best player seems decent enough - espinoza

will update on my friendlies and transfers when i get to them in AUgust.

BTW we're meant to be fighting relegation.

Wish me luck icon_smile.gif

Best of luck roberto922. icon14.gif

Nice to see you have selected Sweden as one of the leagues to run. icon_smile.gif Look out for a young non-league player called Patrik Burda if you ever manage their. icon14.gif

Guest roberto922

ok Gundo thx for the tip, I went in for ex Sheff Wed striker Peter Ndlovu but Derby came in for him so that was the end of that lol

a couple more things, my stadium size is 9000 and media prediction is 23rd, *gulp*.

Originally posted by roberto922:

ok Gundo thx for the tip, I went in for ex Sheff Utd striker Peter Ndlovu but Derby came in for him so that was the end of that lol

a couple more things, my stadium size is 9000 and media prediction is 23rd, *gulp*.

sorry... pedantic i know but as an Owls fan the thought of a 'pig' playing for us.... uurgh!! icon_wink.gif

Guest roberto922

oh and im signing burda on blind faith because I can't scout outside mexico. update on finances if you're interested, i'm down to 32k budget and 9k over wages, im signing a young lad from liverpool called zhabi or something like that, him and burda will make up my last two foreigners

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Should be 'there' Gundo. icon_wink.gif and Burda is a hero, one of the greats. He starts the game Holki-somethingorother. icon14.gif

Be sure to snap him up. icon14.gif

Höllviken GIF.

Guest roberto922
Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roberto922:

ok Gundo thx for the tip, I went in for ex Sheff Utd striker Peter Ndlovu but Derby came in for him so that was the end of that lol

sorry... pedantic i know but as an Owls fan the thought of a 'pig' playing for us.... uurgh!! icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol my bad.

Wednesday 12 September

Vanuatu VS U.S.A

So obviously this was a massive game, the United States of America! Going into the game I had the obvious option of playing mega defensively and trying to concede as little as possible, but this was a massive chance for my players, so I kept to the same 4-4-2 Attacking tactic I used against Bhutan.

The inevitable break-through came after 7 minutes, with Clint Dempsey rounding our goalkeeper for a simple tap-in. Despite some great goalkeeping from Obed, Dempsey added a second just 10 minutes later, this time a shot from just outside the area. Following the pattern, a further 10 minutes after that Dempsey got his hat-trick, with anoter shot from outside the box. This was not looking good. On 39 minutes, Landon Donavan secured the US' fourth, this time a shot from just inside the box, beating a stranded Obed. Donavan got his second 10 minutes into the second half, scoring from close range. Youngster Freddy Adu made it 6-0 on 66 minutes, passing it in, after Donavan had left the goalkeeper stranded. Freddy Adu got his second 5 minutes later, another fantastic pass from Donavon, got him into a position where it would have been impossible to miss from. 10 minutes from time Freddy Adu completed his hat-trick, with a stunning chip, leaving our goalkeeper stranded once again. 5 minutes later it was 9-0, a stunning screamer from Johann Smith the reason.

Result - Vanuatu 0-9 U.S.A

So 9-0, not a great result, yet despite conceding 9, Goalkeeper Obed, still warranted a rating of 5. Not many positives to take from the game, except maybe the fact they didn't go into Double figures.

Guest roberto922

in july now, im 450k in the red lol, wage bill is at 35k p/w and we've got no crowds coming in so i'm gonna ask for a feeder club, lost our first friendly 6-0 against cruz azul reserves and then drew 2-2 with san luis

Saturday 17 November 2007

Vanuatu VS Cook Islands

This was the friendly I felt we had a good chance of winning, keeping faith in the 4-4-2 Attacking formation, I looked to my players at getting a good result.

After 6 minutes, Tuka Tisam put the Cook Islands ahead, after he lobbed Obed inside our area. Silvain Tabirap equalised on 22 minutes, heading in from a free-kick. And it was Tabirap that put us ahead on the half hour mark, scoring a remarkable shot from outside the oppositions box. 5 Minutes into the second half, it was Eric Malessas' free kick that put us 3-1 up, it was his free kick earlier that Tabirap had equalised from. Tuaine Manavaroa got a goal back 15 minutes from time, heading in from a corner. However we managed to see out the victory and had won.

Result - Vanuatu 3-2 Cook Islands

My first win as manager, and I must say it did feel good, we played well and I generally felt that I was enjoying managing the team more after each game.

Guest roberto922

lucky start.

Petroleros 0-1 Colima

(they had two goals disallowed icon_smile.gif )

tipped for a draw by the media, hope our luck continues lol

Guest roberto922

lucky start.

Petroleros 1-2 Colima

(they had two goals disallowed icon_smile.gif )

tipped for a draw by the media, hope our luck continues lol

Wednesday 21 November 2007

Tahiti VS Vanuatu

Our last friendly game before the group stage qualification matches, a big chance to build some more confidence.

Jean-Paul Wong got Tahiti off to a good start when after 25 minutes, he headed in to put them ahead. 10 minutes later Joseph Willie headed in, in dramatic fashion to equalize for us, it was a truly fantastic goal. 20 minutes from time, Warren Roger Waiwai scored an absolutely magnificent screamer from the edge of the area, to put us 2-1 up. That signalled the end of the match.

Result - Tahiti 1-2 Vanuatu

An amazing comeback, and a big confidence builder going into my first competitive matches since taking charge.

They should compete in the OCeania World Cup Qualifiers...Usually won by New Zealand every year. there are tow groups and then a final, and the winner players the 5th placed South American team, regularly Uruguay. So if they are in the game then yes you can have a shot at Qualifying...I may go test it with NZ right now :p

Saturday 8 December 2007

OCE Nations Cup Preliminary Round Group B Match 1

Samoa VS Vanuatu

Despite not knowing anything much about Oceanian football I had heard of Samoa, and presumed they were favourites, so I was a bit shocked when I heard it was 50-1 on them to win! This boosted my confidence on our teams chances.

It took 20 minutes for us to score, and it was Joseph Willie who scored, tapping in after teaming up with Darren Tasso. And it was Tasso that got our second, 5 minutes into the second half, heading in from a Tabirap cross.

Result - Samoa 0-2 Vanuatu

I was very pleased with my first competitive match, and the win had boosted the teams confidence going into the other 3 games.

Guest roberto922

game 2

Colima 2-2 Lubos BIAP

Good result for us took the lead then came from behind to get a draw against the title challengers.

Will update again around November-December

Wednesday 12 December 2007

OCE Nations Cup Preliminary Round Group B Match 2

Vanuatu VS Solomon Islands

This time we were the under-dogs, but with 7-2 odds on us to win, we weren't that unlikely to win.

It took 30 minutes for the Solomon Islands to go ahead, Henry Fa'arodo getting the goal, after rounding off several of our defenders and our goalkeeper. 2 Minutes into the second half and we had equalised! Joseph Willie's header going in off the frame of the goal, that sent our fans and myself wild! However Henry Fa'arodo broke the fans hearts when with 3 minutes left on the clock, he put Solomon Islands ahead, and before the team could even think about equalising he had got his hat-trick after scoring an amazing screamer from outside the box.

Result - Vanuatu 1-3 Solomon Islands

A game that I felt we deserved a point from, yet the performance of Solomon Islands' Henry Fa'arodo was simply amazing.

btw well done paul you could get through to the world cup lol have Vanuatu got any decent players?

Well when you say decent players it depends lol. There goalkeeper Obed is pretty good, and central midfielder Tabirap is also quite good, the 3 strikers that normally appear in the 15 man squad, Tasso, WaiWai and our best player Joseph Willie are also quite good. All quite young as well, which is quite remarkable.

Guest roberto922

I know I said I'd wait until December ingame to update but the game I had was terrible bad luck...

Correcaminos (league leaders) 3-0 Colima

We had 3 goals ruled offside ffs.

Saturday 15 December 2007

OCE Nations Cup Preliminary Round Group B Match 3

New Caledonia VS Vanuatu

With the game predicted to be very close, I hoped for the best, and that if we didn't win it was very unlikely that we would progress from this round of the tournament.

We got off to a bad start, as New Caledonia went ahead after just 10 minutes, when Marek Aucher scored a good goal as he won a 1 on 1 situation with goalkeeper Obed. 20 minutes later New Caledonia got a second, when Vincent Xatie Taua scored a screamer from outside the box, leaving Obed with no chance what so ever. 2 minutes later Marek Aucher scored his second and New Caledonia's 3rd, the match was looking more and more out of our hands. Substitute Reginal Garo scored to make it 3-1, with 15 minutes remaining, scoring from the penalty spot after Tasso had been brought down. However 2 minutes later Marek Aucher got his hat-trick for New Caledonia making it an embarrassing 4-1. 5 Minutes from time he headed in to get his fourth, and in the last minute of the 5 added on he scored his fifth and New Caledonia's sixth.

Result - New Caledonia 6-1 Vanuatu

So an absolutely hideous game, how we managed to lose 6-1 I don't know, but Marek Aucher, was ****ing amazing.

OCE Nations Cup Premiliminary Round Group B Match 4

Vanuatu VS American Samoa

After the 6-1 loss, we were now unable to progress to the next round, however we were determined to end our tournament on a high.

It took us 34 minutes to break the deadlock and the goal came from Warren Roger Waiwai, finishing a good move off my slotting the ball passed the helpless American Samoa goalkeeper. However Ben Falaniko equalised for American Samoa on the hour mark, after some defensive errors.

Result - Vanuatu 1-1 American Samoa

So the game ended in a draw, in a match we probably should have won we hadn't it didn't matter that much as we were already unable to go through, yet I felt like in this tournament we had shown, we weren't only in it to make the numbers up.

2009/10 Season Review - Braintree Town in the Blue Square South

After the playoff disappointment last season I was really hoping to challenge for promotion this season.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Pretty easy really, led from start to finish and even managed to give a few youngsters a few games towards the end of the season.

Squad

Transfers

No major changes, just a few decent looking youngsters, a loan GK and an experienced DM. I think this squad should be good enough in the BSP.

Star Player

Waide again. It will be interesting to see if he copes with the step up next season.

Career so far

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Season Team Country League League Finish Achievements

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007/08 Braintree Town England Blue Square South 15th Took over with 10 games left

2008/09 Braintree Town England Blue Square South 4th Lost in playoff final

2009/10 Braintree Town England Blue Square South 1st League winners, promoted

</pre>

Excellent work mate, you absolutely romped to the title icon_smile.gif

Good luck in the BSP

I'm delighted - deadline day signed a player you may remember. I had him come through the academy at Elche as a 16 y/o (I asked your opinions on how to nurture him). Anyway for a mere 1million I brought him over to Manchester. Now Javi Torres has a far bigger stage from which to exhibit his unquestionable talent. I have high hopes for this kid icon_biggrin.gif

I'll get a screenie up tomorrow.

Guest roberto922

well done mate.

last update of the night so I'll gloss it up a bit lol

November 11

Colima, tipped to go down at the start of the season, travelled to Hidalgo, Mexico knowing that a victory for them and a defeat for fellow promotion fighters dorados would result in them achieving an unbelievable 4th place finish in the opening stage of the season .... Ah sod it we won, so did they, we finished 5th im off to bed, screenie in the morning

Wednesday 6 February 2008

Friendly

Vanuatu VS Tahiti

Our first fixture of the new year, and after the dissapointment of the OCE Nations Cup, I hoped that we could get a good result in the friendly.

Felix Tagawa headed Tahiti ahead after just 4 minutes, not a great start by any mean. Shem Morrisson equalised on the half hour mark, after rounding off the oppositions goalkeeper. 10 Minutes from the end, we went ahead through an own goal of Tahiti's Maco Nena. Richard Iwai made sure of victory when he scored in the last minute of injury time, making it 3-1.

Result - Vanuatu 3-1 Tahiti

A good win for us, and i'm sure this will ease the pain suffered in the OCE Nations Cup.

Wednesday 26 March 2008

Friendly

Tonga VS Vanuatu

A good chance for a win, and hopefully the players play to the best of there ability.

The breakthrough came after 13 minutes, when Darren Tasso scored to put us 1-0 up, the goal was a good one, and Tasso celebrated accordingly. Ahosivi Unufe equalised for Tonga after 64 minutes, finishing off a decent counter attack.

Result - Tonga 1-1 Vanuatu

I wasn't overly pleased with the draw, but a positive was that we hadn't lost, and we had scored.

Half term Report 2007/2008

Unemployed manager Marek Almonde got a job with St Pauli a team recently promoted to German Division 2. Expectations were low : just avoid relegation. So St pauli had odds of 80:1 of winning the league.

For a team that has just been promoted to D2

St Pauli gave a large Transfer and Wage budget.

On asking for more money $3m was made available.

A complete overhaul of the team followed and 23 players were brought in. A major coup was the signing of Promising winger Gabriel Torje for 1m.

Transfers

The season started well with 4 wins and 2 draws in 6 friendlies. Unfortunately St Pauli were drawn away to Nurnberg in the German Cup and they lost 1-3 to the Cup holders. However memories of the Cup defeat were washed away when the Hamburg based club won their first 2 games convincingly beating Gladbach 2-1 away and then recording a resounding 4-0 victory against Furth at the Millerntor Stadion.

It was clear that Marek Almonde had no clue of German football. Week after week he tinkered with tactics trying to come up with a winning formula while keeping an attacking lineup.But consistency just would not come. Home wins were followed by away losses. Despite that St Pauli were sitting comfertably in 6th 4 points of league leaders Koblenz.

A major turning point came away at Aachen, the week after enduring the first home loss of the season to Koln thus breaking their 100% home record. Adopting 4-1-4-1 tactics with Attacking mentality, St Pauli came from behind to win 2-1 in a match in which they weren't given a dog's chance by the media. Results after that delighted the fans as St Pauli won 8 games in a row and won 9 out of 10 drawing once. This included a memorable 2-0 win away at Kaiserslautern. However during this run influential left winger Trojan sufferred a broken leg and was sidelined for 4-7 months.

During the winter break many players were sold as the manager got rid of the dead wood. A major shock came when Brazillian striker Gabriel was sold though he was signed on a free in July.

5 major sigings were also made

Keeper Walter Assmann from Independiente.

Striker Marcelo Nicaciao

Left Winger Rosembrick

Attacking Midflieder Santos

and Midfielder Diego Buonanotte.

St Pauli now sit at the top of German Division 2 9 points clear of Koblenz and Koln.

It really has been a great season for me. The amount of money I got was great.

1 worrying thing is my Strikers do not score but my midfielders contribute a lot.

Ill post league table and finances later.

It's been a long long time since I moved around clubs in CM/FM, always played with just one club and stayed there for my whole career. My contract is due to be up at the end of the season and I'm starting to think about looking for a move to a new club. If I sign a new contract with my current club will it make it harder for me to move in the summer?

Originally posted by dafuge:

It's been a long long time since I moved around clubs in CM/FM, always played with just one club and stayed there for my whole career. My contract is due to be up at the end of the season and I'm starting to think about looking for a move to a new club. If I sign a new contract with my current club will it make it harder for me to move in the summer?

Not neccasarily, although if you're un-employed you get more notices about available jobs.

Whats your reputation like now? It might be hard to get a better job after just one promotion.

dafuge - what I always did was negotiate my contract down to a 1 year deal everytime. This ensures compensation is minimal if someone were to come in for you. I'm not certain it effects the number of job offers but it can't hurt imo.

Originally posted by Scoham:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Whats your reputation like now? It might be hard to get a better job after just one promotion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My reputation is now regional, although I have a feeling I'm going to have a good season in the BSP. Perhaps I'll have to stay for an extra year or two.

Wednesday 19 November 2008

Friendly

Vanuatu VS Samoa

So another game with Samoa, we won the last game, and hopefully we should win this one, also to be noted, the squad has been drastically changed, as there are an insane amount of players injured.

Our first goal came after 8 minutes, when Nono Noel headed in from close range. 4 minutes later, and Iau Tuan Naukoot scored our second, which was also a close range header, coming from a corner.

Result - Vanuatu 2-0 Samoa

So a comftable win for us, although the fans and media thought we should have scored more goals.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scoham:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Whats your reputation like now? It might be hard to get a better job after just one promotion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My reputation is now regional, although I have a feeling I'm going to have a good season in the BSP. Perhaps I'll have to stay for an extra year or two. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why not sign a one year contract?

So, at the end of the season you can consider your options, and, other clubs will not pay as much compensation because of the one year contract.

Just a thought.

Originally posted by happy slappy:

Why not sign a one year contract?

So, at the end of the season you can consider your options, and, other clubs will not pay as much compensation because of the one year contract.

Just a thought.

I think I will, I may even sign a 2 year contract and stay a little longer. I'll see how this season goes.

Wednesday 4 February 2009

Friendly

Vanuatu VS Tonga

Tough match, we have never beaten Tonga, but we have never lost to them either.

We took the lead after 3 minutes when John Mark Simeon's long range shot surprisingly went in. Darren Tasso doubled our lead on the half hour mark, when he scored a spectacular goal from just outside the box. 10 Minutes from the end, Antonio Malapa scored, when he placed a shot just of the opposition's goalkeeper.

Result - Vanuatu 3-0 Tonga

A good result, and to score 3 as well, was pretty special.

Archived