AI Experiment - The Bandits are back for FM09

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RealMagpies, I think it seems to boil down to boards / managers knowing what to do with resources. In the previous experiment they didn't seem to notice their millions and so crawled up with minor improvements every year, here they know that they have lots of money and are very willing to spend it. I say 'very', it's not like they're nabbing Torres on a 500k a week deal, but it does seem that they're getting an idea of what's needed to be the best team in the league and putting the money into that right away, rather than accepting their post-promotion predictions of relegation struggles.

But are the players, as possible signing targets, 'noticing' these unspent millions too ?

good to see kip back :) something worth noticing this time round is that none of the created players have outstanding technical or even mental attributes, i think this is due to the fact kip assigned them all 20s in most stats, but the game only assigning them high physical stats at the start of the game, not leaving enough high CA points for them to become high in their technical or mentals :(

Maybe if another experiment is run, it would be better to just leave all their stats as 0, so they are randomised?

good to see kip back :) something worth noticing this time round is that none of the created players have outstanding technical or even mental attributes, i think this is due to the fact kip assigned them all 20s in most stats, but the game only assigning them high physical stats at the start of the game, not leaving enough high CA points for them to become high in their technical or mentals :(

Maybe if another experiment is run, it would be better to just leave all their stats as 0, so they are randomised?

Or maybe just set the stats they require for their position to 20? For example the strikers would have 1 for marking, tackling etc.

Also, welcome back Kip!

In the coming season, does anyone reckon we may see the ultimate betrayal as a former Bandit signs for the Sheriffs?

Up the Bandits!

It's great to see the experiment back in full force, and even better seeing the Bandits destroy the league. Next season they have a very very different target in front of them, and one they'll have a lot more trouble conquering than the previous leagues. But I'm confident they'll make it, especially now they're in a position to make all those millions count.

I'm expecting a few of the starlets returning home in the next season or two.

Great to have you back, Kipfizh!

I too, am one of the ones who constantly check the thread every time I'm online.

And what a pleasant surprise to see you back Kip!

I'm glad everything is cool with you and I totally respect that you needed a break. I always said you'd come back eventually.

Update-wise, what an update! Bandits cruising the league, because we're so awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing the Premiership next season, and I also echo what's said somewhere above me, I also think that maybe the pressures of the Premiership may see one of our managers getting the sack for the first time in this experiment, here's hoping it's the Sheriffs manager! :)

KUTGW Kip!

I check this every day. Usually only takes a few seconds, today it took over an hour ;)

SOOOO good to have you back, Kip. We missed you terribly! Hope we'll have tales of both these sides in the Premiership next year!!

By the way, for me that was the best report you've ever done. Worth the wait? Not sure ;) But here's to another report before too long, I hope!! They really are a fantastic read.

Great to have you back, Kip! Hope the real life matters are settled now for the better so you can spend some more time with this pet project of yours ;)

And as some of the posters have stated, the AI this time around know that they got the money and, most importantly, how to spend the money. Now that they're in the top league, with top money (not that they were poor to begin with), and with their reputations can only increase, one can only dream the kind of blockbuster deals that will come their ways.

Awesome.

Great to have you back Kip.

I checked the blog and this thread almost daily hoping for an update.

A season where both teams go up to the Premier League was well worth the wait.

Looking forward to the next update!

Great to see you back Kip, am subscribed to this thread and was getting a bit downhearted about the weekly e-mails consisting of things like 'hope Kip hasn't stopped this experiment' or 'this thread is dead'.

Nice to see both teams in the Premiership, I reckon both will spend some wonga next year and will hold their own with maybe one of the clubs having a bit of a shaky time part way through the season and the other making a late (& successul) bid for a bit of European footie.

Excellent update as always and testament to the popularity of your writing skills to see the page full of a lot of familiar names back applauding your return.

Looking forward to the next season with (I hope) slighlty less of gap :-).

Wazz

PREMIER PREDICTONS.

Bandits:

• Top 6 Finish. Europe here we come:D.
  • 2-3 Ex Bandits to return:cool:.
  • 30-40 Million to be spent on Transfers.
  • Win and loss against the Sherriffs.

Sherrifs

• Mid to low table finsh.
  • 1-2 idiots to sign and 1 Ex Bandit:eek:.
  • 60-70 Million on Transfers.
  • Loss and win against the Bandits
  • Idiot Manager to be sacked/Jump Ship (I edge towards sack)

Looking forward to the update.

VIVA LA BANDITS!!!!!!!!

Good to have you back Kip. I hope everything is alright in your life.

Amazing season for the Bandits who perhaps benefitted a little from an extra season squad building in League One to dominate the division. Even though I prefer them out of the two, it's nice to see the Sheriffs go up as well so the rivalry can be renewed in the top flight.

I look forward to the next update.:thup:

Bandits

Relegated in 18th after the manager completely messes up in the two transfer windows, and signs two idiots.

Gets knocked out in the 2nd round of the League Cup to lowly Northampton

Semi Final defeat to the Sheriffs in the FA Cup

Dream Manager is sacked

Sheriffs :D

Finish 7th after some incredible signings in the transfer windows, most notably in January with a massive coup for an amazing player.

Suffer Semi Final heartbreak to Chelsea after a late Extra Time goal

Win the FA Cup after beating; Man Utd, Arsenal and the Bandits on route to their first major trophy thus qualify for Europe. :thup:

Bandits vs Sheriffs

Bandits 1 - 1 Sheriffs

Sheriffs 3 - 1 Bandits :D

WHAT A DREAM THAT WOULD BE ;)

Predictions:

Bandits

Just miss out on the Champions League but qualify for the Europa League thanks to a 7th place finish and Manchester United or Chelsea winning the FA Cup, Chelsea having beaten the Bandits in the semi-final. Highlight of the season for the Bandits is a 2-1 win at Old Trafford in the league, with a last minute winner from the star striker they signed in August.

Sheriffs

Signing one of the idiots is the big mistake, but lots of money is spent in August with only one signing - a defensive midfielder - having any impact. When he gets injured in February, the Sheriffs slide and end up embroiled in a huge relegation fight. They probably just about survive but it will be touch and go. They also reach the Carling Cup Final, and are given the chance to get into Europe. Playing against a resurgent Newcastle or Middlesbrough side, it will be a very close call, but I have a feeling they'll edge it.

Bandits v Sheriffs:

Bandits 4-1 Sheriffs

Bandits 2-0 Sheriffs (FA Cup 5th Round)

Sheriffs 1-1 Bandits

Those aren't predictions, those are wishful thinkings :p

I predict a lower-mid-table finish for both of them, with the Bandits edging out the Sheriffs by a position or two, and a lot of mid-level signings all over the board with perhaps one or two really good players for each team. They may have reached the top rung, but they're still the small fishes there - they won't really be able to sign stars until their reputation rises by a couple thousand points at least.

This is just the beginning of the Bandits' reign at the top of world football.

That's what I get for missing a few checks. Great to have it back. This is amazing. Having already had the bandits take the early advantage and the sheriffs (boo) come back to take it off them, only a jammy promotion has prevented it from being a clear swing back in favour of the Bandits again. Especially pleased with Ipswich beating the sheriffs in the cup. The step up to the premiership is massive and at least one side will have a struggle on their hands. I think the Sheriffs might actually go down. But its gripping stuff whatever happens. Maybe they've risen high enough to be able to take a few old players (at least later in their careers) which would be interesting.

Ugh. Just when I want to rattle through the updates, work gets insanely busy.

And believe me, you will want to know about the summer details. To say that money is being spent would be an understatement.

See, thats just whet my appetite for the next update. What a teaser! Probably more excited about the summer transfers now than the season itself.

PREMIER PREDICTONS.

Bandits:

• Top 6 Finish. Europe here we come:D.
  • 2-3 Ex Bandits to return:cool:.
  • 30-40 Million to be spent on Transfers.
  • Win and loss against the Sherriffs.

Sherrifs

• Mid to low table finsh.
  • 1-2 idiots to sign and 1 Ex Bandit:eek:.
  • 60-70 Million on Transfers.
  • Loss and win against the Bandits
  • Idiot Manager to be sacked/Jump Ship (I edge towards sack)

Looking forward to the update.

VIVA LA BANDITS!!!!!!!!

Wonder how close I am???

Kip your a big tease and i'll be checking every day now................As if i wasn't already;)

I'm thinking they'll both spend a fair bit more than that. I was right about them not signing up top rated stars yet, but there's loads and loads of readily available 140-160 CA players, which are well capable of keeping a team in the league. With the brilliant managers the two teams have, a team with a few (though probably quite a few more than that) players like that bound to surpass any media predictions, possibly even challenge for Europe.

I'm glad Kips giving us little teasers. Builds up the suspense a little more. I bet one of the teams has spent over 100million. They won't sign world beaters yet. I'm guessing players like fringe players from Chelsea, Man City etc. Players like SWP, Vincent Kompany, Daniel Sturridge, Nic Anelka.

And obviously i think they'll spend big on players for the future, Regens with an enormous potential.

Wonder how close I am???

Kip your a big tease and i'll be checking every day now................As if i wasn't already;)

How can the bandits just spend fifty million ish and bring a few ex bandits back. They'd have to spend 40+ million to just bring one back. ;)

Archived