kipfizh

AI Experiment - The Bandits are back for FM09

2,156 posts in this topic

World View - World beaters

It seems that the initial database contains few stars, but many more than will become stars. At the start of the game, there were only 60 players with a CA of 170, and just two years later, that has nearly doubled to 114.

I think that this is something to be fixed by Sigames, it is strange if the number of really good players rise all the time and one thing that you very seldom see is players dropping in ability before their natural decline kicks in, take for example Owen in real life, he’s ability has clearly dropped too early compared to other top class strikers in real life, but this does not seem to happen in FM.

I think that this is something to be fixed by Sigames, it is strange if the number of really good players rise all the time and one thing that you very seldom see is players dropping in ability before their natural decline kicks in, take for example Owen in real life, he’s ability has clearly dropped too early compared to other top class strikers in real life, but this does not seem to happen in FM.

surely players do not decline in ability too early... loss of form maybe but you dont just lose ability?!

age and injury should be the only factors behind a drop in ability in my opinion!!

surely players do not decline in ability too early... loss of form maybe but you dont just lose ability?!

age and injury should be the only factors behind a drop in ability in my opinion!!

i wouldnt be surprised if some players are better at 18 than 25 because their strength is pure speed and i expect players will lose some speed in that period

old age and injury arent the only ways a player can lose stats like pace and acceleration

It does irritate me how in FM, everyone gets faster between 20 and 25. They shouldn't be getting faster really.

im pretty sure no player has ever peaked at 18 mate, fair enough there pace stats might be the same but in no way would proffesional footballers who train every day start losing pace at 25!!

im pretty sure no player has ever peaked at 18 mate, fair enough there pace stats might be the same but in no way would proffesional footballers who train every day start losing pace at 25!!

Michael Owen anyone?? :)

An exception I know but it does happen when injuries take there toll.

Phew, my computer goes down and I finally come back and notice I haven't missed anything... Talk about luck.

Now to check this thread every few hours eagerly with hope again like usual.

This is an issue that needs dealing with. I've had a career game on this version that has reached 2021 I think and there are far more seemingly world class players. Denmark has 5 players in the national team described as 'World-class' their position. Now this could be realism - countries do have 'Golden-generations' and suddenly have a batch of players at the same time that are top class. But if it is happening across the board then it's probably not right. It is a hard balance to strike - if there are only 2 players from each new years newgens that have potential to be great players then it would make it much harder for small clubs to snap up top youth player, but too many and it devalues the excitement of finding the best players of the generation.

As for ability variations. I think it is fair to say that technical stats do not vary that much over a career. But, in previous versions players abilities would drop during a long term injury, which was a good way of simulating the rustiness and lack of match practice that players experience. Now I don't know whether this was scrapped because rustiness has been built into the improved match-engine or whether it was unpopular, but it seemed like a good way round part of the problem discussed - ie. if a player didn't play, had no match practice, whether through injury or falling from the manager's plans then his ability would decrease, but when he started playing/training again then there was a chance it would improve again. This is mainly to do with the technical side of the game.

For the mental attributes, then I think that generally they should increase as players' experience increases. Also things like making players captain should have an impact, if they do it well, then influence should go up for example.

As for physical stats, well this is where there should be the greatest mobility. A player's strength/stamina can change within a season, depending on how hard they train. If a player is going easy in training, then he should lose stamina, strength.

Heavy pre-season training should boost it significantly, and linked into this, there should be the possibility of players not doing enough over the summer break and coming back in terrible shape. Pre-season training is not really necessary on this version, but I certainly remember having a high intensity schedule that I threw players into at the start of seasons.

I hope that all made sense. It turned into a much longer post than I intended, but it has at least passed some time before the next update.

C'mon the Bandits!

Folks, apologies for the delay, but I've currently got chicken pox, which is not particularly pleasant in adult form and is stopping me doing most things.

God your prone to illness :D

Folks, apologies for the delay, but I've currently got chicken pox, which is not particularly pleasant in adult form and is stopping me doing most things.

Ugh...no, it isn't....take your time, get your strength back....and get well soon! We'll wait patiently for you!

Wasn't there people saying he'd died last year? :D Poor buggar

Thats when you know you're a forum legend, after an extended period of absence people start to write an obituary.

God your prone to illness :D

Heh, yeah that's what happens when you have kids - they get everything and you get it from them. Unfortunately, I'm now on a cocktail of drugs that mean I sleep most of the time...

I actually got about 2/3 through the report before this break, so when I come back it shouldn't take long to finish.

Take your time Kip. Hope you get well soon :)

Cheers for the update kipfizh :thup:

Get better soon, glad to hear the majority of the report is written :)

Get better soon (again ;)) Kip!!!!

Get well soon Kip!

Take care of your health man. :thup:

Cheers for the update kipfizh :thup:

Get better soon, glad to hear the majority of the report is written :)

I do like how this was called an update :D

In light of this crisis, the government will be issuing a leaflet for CSErs on how to deal with "Kipfizh flu"...

get better soon kipfizh :thup: , on a different now how the hell did striker 3 not get an England call up, even if it is the scottish premier 51 goals is just ridiculous.

Am i alone in being shocked that kip has kids? Thought he was like 15!

That would have made him 12/13 when he started the Bandits

Am i alone in being shocked that kip has kids? Thought he was like 15!

He mentioned his wife a couple of times in the original thread so fwiw I knew he wasn't 15.

Can't believe i missed the start of the new FM09 experiment. Glad I only missed a couple of seasons, will be interesting to see how the Bandits cope with league 2

Quick question:

Was the Bandits 07 database ever made available for download? I always wanted to see how far I could take them.

I think Kips laptop crashed and the '07 database was lost forever :(

It really wouldn't be hard to just edit the database yourself.

Ah, but i wanted to take over the team as they were in the final season before the experiment finished.

Hey ho, never mind.

Can't believe i missed the start of the new FM09 experiment. Glad I only missed a couple of seasons, will be interesting to see how the Bandits cope with league 2

maybe a couple of seasons but almost 800 posts:-)

maybe a couple of seasons but almost 800 posts:-)

I spent the best part of last evening catching up!

If anyone does manage to recreate the DB, id love a copy :)

Why dont you just do it yourself? Yeah it takes awhile, but it'd be worth it.

I wouldnt get it right!

Not much to get right, Create the two clubs, Create the reps etc, The coaches and the players.

Not much to get right, Create the two clubs, Create the reps etc, The coaches and the players.

Simples. :cool:

Have bookmarked this now. Fantastic stuff. Eagerly anticipating what's to come...

p.s. It'd be great if you could also report with a little more detail on the dream and idiot manager. For example, if their CA falls/rises or if they have any fav personnel/disliked ones... etc. right now I see the reputation changes mentioned for them which is also great.

You're doing a fantastic job!